Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913788 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 3:29am On Sep 04, 2016
Made123:

Jeez.. this is bad, why would she do such to someone with a generous heart. Hello dear, you are not alone. I tried helping someone with a police clearance and the person was acting as if he was a novice in this forum until I checked his profile and discovered he has grown beards in this thread. I just decided to keep silent all these while. if I were you, I would have told the person to send me a copy of any of these(TRV, Admission letter) before helping out.

It is well oh. I still try to do my best cos i knw God will repay my hustle.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 04, 2016
tbaib:

Lol 450$ shared apartment mayb. Rent is kinda expensive in Calgary. Lol shared apartment here na die. Neighbors dont have any form of brain. Was living with almost 8 people upstairs. God had to shine light for me I downgraded to two was too noisy , then got an apartment lovely in calgary for rent for females fully furnished i had even seen someone willing to rent before the gorimapa came my way and wasted my time. Mchew. Lol
lmao. gorimapa..cant remember the last time i heard that word...you are very funny grin ...
You know $450 bucks..shared basement (athough hard to come by).....bollywood section of NE Calgary.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mabs16: 6:33am On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=Phunmmiee post=49019405][/quote]

Pls did u pay tuition fee b4 u applied for TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mabs16: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Pls house, Most applicants here pay half tuition b4 dey apply for TRV and most if them have been refused even after making tuition payment. Is it that VO will not give visa if tuition is not paid? (but tuition deposit $300 paid )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 7:29am On Sep 04, 2016
Mabs16:
Pls house, Most applicants here pay half tuition b4 dey apply for TRV and most if them have been refused even after making tuition payment. Is it that VO will not give visa if tuition is not paid? (but tuition deposit $300 paid )
GCMS notes always explains why a Visa was denied.
It's not always Insufficient Funds
But anyways, it's always advisable to Pay the complete tuition fees, if YOU CAN. Even if you're denied TRV, it can always be refunded to you or transferred to another party on your request.

Someone I know was denied Visa to UK, but she then reapplied after paying the Full tuition, nd was given VISA immediately. This was in 2007 cheesy o..And also UK VISA nd may not apply now again or can't be applied to CIC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2016
Gymme:
Rules are laid out for guidance not for hindrance-Gymme.

Thanks @Lawmerchant for the screenshot but if we critically analyze the instruction, we would realize that 'YOU MUST REMAIN ENROLLED' does not mean you can't go on Leave of Absence (LOA). It is just similar to an employee going on Study Leave or Vacation or any other Special Leave (does that mean such an employee is no more part of the company/organisation?).

REASONABLE AND TIMELY PROGRESS TOWARDS COMPLETING THE PROGRAM:

For you to be approved for LOA, you must state the reason (s) why you wanna go out of school and FOR HOW LONG. Getting money to pay for tuition is a common, normal and reasonable progress to complete the program.

'Their people' go off school to work for a while 'cos of money so why would they not allow international students that even pay more money as tuition?

In addition, a fellow Nigerian classmate got a job in a different city, Calgary (a paid internship that was not part of our Masters program and he already paid his tuition a year ahead), he simply took LOA and went for a year for the job, came back for 2 semesters to complete his Thesis and went back to continue is internship-turn-full-time job.

I'm sorry but all your analysis are wrong regarding this case.

1. You don't apply for leave of absent from your employer just before you even start working with them or a month or two after starting work.

The op wants to travel to Canada to work for a year to save up before starting her studies the next year, you don't do that as a foreign student.

2. You don't compare home students to foreign students, yes home students can suspend their studies and go backpacking but foreign students can't do that unless the school approves it or its part of their course.

3. Your friend has started his course and paid his school fees already before going for internship which was approved by the school but the op hasn't and does not even have the money to start with.

As a foreign student you can not travel to Canada to work for a while using financial difficulties as an excuse because during your study permit application you have provided bank statement showing millions of naira to take of your fees and expenses in Canada and that was one of the reasons why you were given a study permit.

So what happened to those millions you claimed that is available for your studies in Canada?

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by debris: 9:24am On Sep 04, 2016
Hi everyone,

please i need ur urgent answers on this issue for people undergoing graduate studies in usa,canada and australia

After series of applications for masters maybe because i didn't meet up the B/C grade for international students applying for maters,my question

1. if i go for graduate certificate course program can it help boost my chances for a masters degree with my bsc.

2. For the graduate diploma most schools in canada requires the same B/C grade for Pgd,wouldn't want to risk that $120 on application fee,please what are the chances for someone with 2.00gpa in getting admission to PGD program in canada instuition for healthcare/science courses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2016
justwise:

1. You don't apply for leave of absent from your employer just before you even start working with them or a month or two after starting work.

The op wants to travel to Canada to work for a year to save up before starting her studies the next year, you don't do that as a foreign student.

2. You don't compare home students to foreign students, yes home students can suspend their studies and go backpacking but foreign students can't do that unless the school approves it or its part of their course.

3. Your friend has started his course and paid his school fees already before going for internship which was approved by the school but the op hasn't and does not even have the money to start with.

As a foreign student you can not travel to Canada to work for a while using financial difficulties as an excuse because during your study permit application you have provided bank statement showing millions of naira to take of your fees and expenses in Canada and that was one of the reasons why you were given a study permit.

So what happened to those millions you claimed that is available for your studies in Canada?

My sentiments exactly.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks @ziggy3579....let dem just give me cry

ziggy3579:
Yes, they give TRV after resumption date, they will just ask u to get a new letter from ur skool for a new start date. No u don't need to re-apply for a new TRV, cos d one u will be given is still valid

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2016
debris:
Hi everyone,

please i need ur urgent answers on this issue for people undergoing graduate studies in usa,canada and australia

After series of applications for masters maybe because i didn't meet up the B/C grade for international students applying for maters,my question

1. if i go for graduate certificate course program can it help boost my chances for a masters degree with my bsc.

2. For the graduate diploma most schools in canada requires the same B/C grade for Pgd,wouldn't want to risk that $120 on application fee,please what are the chances for someone with 2.00gpa in getting admission to PGD program in canada instuition for healthcare/science courses.

I will say its not a problem getting a pgd admsn. I know pple wt dat cgpa dat got admission into pgd programs. Nuffin is automatic bt i bliv u av a chance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lanrayx: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2016
lanrayx:

no answer yet
still on the matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2016
ziggy3579:
Yes, they give TRV after resumption date, they will just ask u to get a new letter from ur skool for a new start date. No u don't need to re-apply for a new TRV, cos d one u will be given is still valid

My question is dis: will cic ask for d deferral letter b4 giving d TRV? Or dey wud just give d trv n advice u to get a deferral letter? @yemdogg ur opinion n oda gurus in d aose pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mabs16: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2016
Mcowubaba:

But anyways, it's always advisable to Pay the complete tuition fees, if YOU CAN. Even if you're denied TRV, it can always be refunded to you or transferred to another party on your request.

Someone I know was denied Visa to UK, but she then reapplied after paying the Full tuition, nd was given VISA immediately. This was in 2007 cheesy o..And also UK VISA nd may not apply now again or can't be applied to CIC

Thanks so much. My baba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mabs16: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Thanks so much. M baba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
Eraytee:

My question is dis: will cic ask for d deferral letter b4 giving d TRV? Or dey wud just give d trv n advice u to get a deferral letter? @yemdogg ur opinion n oda gurus in d aose pls

They probably would ask for another admission letter bearing a new resumption date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by phunshiano(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hello,

This thread has been very helpful, I have a question and I serious bothered. My wife who is currently studying in canada applied for visiting visa for me online. she also applied for an extension of her study permit. she was approved on friday and my own application updated at the same time for a medical request and passport request. is this normal? I have read that you get a medical request first before getting a passport request what does this mean? Also Our child is canadian.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by DesolaAwe: 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hello house, please i have two questions, kindly assist me.

(1) I have a B.Sc degree and a Master's Degree, what are my chances of getting a TRV if i apply (and get admission) for B.Sc Nursing?

(2) is it possible to get TRV with lets say M.Sc Human Resources and then change to B.Sc Nursing when i get to canada?

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
yemdogg:

They probably would ask for another admission letter bearing a new resumption date.

Thanks bro so if i get u, all dis coms in play b4 TRV is given by CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
debris:
Hi everyone,

i dont know about australia or the USA. pgc or pgdip from a polytech or community college in canada does not give you a progression route or transfer route to msc programs in universities. You would want to research pre-masters instead.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by datkoded(m): 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
Last week friday made it 13weeks.... School resumes on Tuesday. Still, no calls for medical undecided it is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
phunshiano:
Hello,

This thread has been very helpful, I have a question and I serious bothered. My wife who is currently studying in canada applied for visiting visa for me online. she also applied for an extension of her study permit. she was approved on friday and my own application updated at the same time for a medical request and passport request. is this normal? I have read that you get a medical request first before getting a passport request what does this mean? Also Our child is canadian.

For visiting visa you don't usually need medical if you will not be staying for more than six months so its normal to have passport request without medical request, I think the medical request is to determine the conditions of you visa. Did your wife also apply for open work permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackkie: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
MUN student and intending - did you include GRE test certificate in your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
justwise:

Yes the students visa conditions requires that you must be actively pursuing you studies to maintain status but if you can take a paid internship for a year which is not part of the study requirements and return to complete the study it should be possible to defer your study for a year to work. The basic thing is if the school will approve it and of course you must maintain status by the time you are applying for study permit extension.

Also you can have financial challenges after you have obtain trv despite you provided evidence of millions available during you application cause situation can change anytime such as death of the sponsor or sudden financial disaster

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
Tarry:

Yes the students visa conditions requires that you must be actively pursuing you studies to maintain status but if you can take a paid internship for a year which is not part of the study requirements and return to complete the study it should be possible to defer your study for a year to work. The basic thing is if the school will approve it and of course you must maintain status by the time you are applying for study permit extension.

Also you can have financial challenges after you have obtain trv despite you provided evidence of millions available during you application cause situation can change anytime such as death of the sponsor or sudden financial disaster

That is the point IF the school approves it and you don't take internship without being an active student.

If you face financial challenges after getting your TRV then defer your admission because there is no point traveling to Canada without money just to break the immigration rule
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
shinarambo1:

lmao. gorimapa..cant remember the last time i heard that word...you are very funny grin ...
You know $450 bucks..shared basement (athough hard to come by).....bollywood section of NE Calgary.

Lol yeah my first apartment was even 380$. Basement large bed fully furnished. Bt i froze to death and moved out the next morning. Has milipede strolling around. Was upgraded to a 450$ upstairs apartment was way better

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by phunshiano(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
Tarry:

For visiting visa you don't usually need medical if you will not be staying for more than six months so its normal to have passport request without medical request, I think the medical request is to determine the conditions of you visa. Did your wife also apply for open work permit

what I am saying is CIC requested for my passport and medicals Yes she applied for a open work permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Tarry:

Interesting topic. Justwise is 99 percent right. The only way to go about it is to register less courses and work in between. I do knw a lot of canadian citizens that take a year off and come back to school. Never heard of a foreign student doing that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by phunshiano(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
This is my cic acct

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Eraytee:

Pls in all fairness, I'll say a big sorry for dose disappointment, I kip wondering y Nigerians can't b truthful just for once **deepestSigh** we alwz do things dat wud block d chance for odas comin behind. Once again I do apologize on behalf of all odas on dis trend. We all need eachoda. God bless u.

Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
phunshiano:
This is my cic acct

Av they asked u to send passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by phunshiano(m): 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
tbaib:

Av they asked u to send passport?

Yes they said i should send passport and also go and do medicals have both PDF files
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
tbaib:

Interesting topic. Justwise is 99 percent right. The only way to go about it is to register less courses and work in between. I do knw a lot of canadian citizens that take a year off and come back to school. Never heard of a foreign student doing that

What happens to remaining 1%? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.