Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911424 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
tbaib:

Job, pending program, house in your name business in your name. Child , sick parents or sick grandparents are all ties you can use. If your sponsor is based in canada it raises less suspicion

Thanks for your swift response. You are right but like I said I'm currently unemployed, no house or business in my name, not married. I have 3 siblings though, I'm d last child. My sponsor is based in Nigeria. My sponsor has got some lands but even if she's to bequeath one to me now, it will look suspicious. Can u expatiate more on 'pending program'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
tbaib:

Job, pending program, house in your name business in your name. Child , sick parents or sick grandparents are all ties you can use. If your sponsor is based in canada it raises less suspicion

And how do I go about 'sick grandparent' cos actually my grandmom is ill

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
tbaib:
I just wanna thank someone in the house.the person Used me to get all sorts of information into canada. Even when she has not gotten her visa, Which is fine information is free. Led me on making me deny other hopeful people looking for accomodation in calgary. Went ahead furnished the whole place awaiting her arrival even printed the lease. Only for her to cancel last minute. Laughs in igbo, My sister may God repay you accordingly. The fastest way to shoot yourself in the foot in canada is to use people for information and swindle them in the end i pity you. Canada is a different ball game even your best friend will not let you know what is beneficial so when you see people on this forum based in canada readily available and happy to give information be glad.
My dear sister. You know yourself ,may God almighty be the judge!!!

Your own better, someone asked for help fr His Younger brother going to Toronto/ Manitoba and later to Brandon and I offered to help. A place to stay both in Toronto and Winnipeg but I told him he will drop some food items fr his host in Toronto, He agreed.
My contact even agreed to pick him up at the airport savinv Him $50 for Taxi.
We were talking on phone and I told them I will bring the items to the airport, call the host so that they can talk then give the guy travelling the hosts number so I can be sure the person getting the number is actually travelling they agreed.
The on the set day, I called and the guy travellling wasnt picking till 3pm, so I called the sister who said they are on the way from Benin to Lagos.
My next call the father picked and said the boy isnt leaving again. Of course I knew it all, so I sent a mail to the elder brotherwho asked for help on this thread and he apologized and said the parents would have preferred I gave them the contact ahead.
I learnt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Thanks for your swift response. You are right but like I said I'm currently unemployed, no house or business in my name, not married. I have 3 siblings though, I'm d last child. My sponsor is based in Nigeria. My sponsor has got some lands but even if she's to bequeath one to me now, it will look suspicious. Can u expatiate more on 'pending program'

if you are a fresh graduate, having families here; e.g; parents and siblings will suffice for home ties, what is more important is you have a sponsor with sufficient fund and related to you and your course will enhance your career
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Basalt:
@ Mcowubaba, emma4eva, yemdogg
and other gurus in the thread.

How do you see Memorial Uuniversity Newfoundland?

Do you advise people to apply there?
Is the school really good enough?

I just checked their tuition fees and it's very Low Compared to other universities.

Is the school substandard to have such low tuition?

Thanks and waiting for response.

I am having double mind now, I feel like applying in MUN too
MUN is a very good school.
They get Part Provincial Funding thats why Tuition is Low, plus fir starters thats one of the easiest place to live and get your PR done.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Phunmmiee:

MUN is a very good school.
They get Part Provincial Funding thats why Tuition is Low, plus fir starters thats one of the easiest place to live and get your PR done.

Thanks, I will substitute Manitoba with MUN.

MUN has my research interest which is
REFLECTION SEISMOLOGY.
I so much like that course and I have a journal already that relates to the course REFLECTION SEISMOLOGY,

I also have fair knowledge in Petrel software which is a software used for seismic interpretation, seismic to well tie and synthetic seismogram.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Tarry:

if you are a fresh graduate, having families here; e.g; parents and siblings will suffice for home ties, what is more important is you have a sponsor with sufficient fund and related to you and your course will enhance your career

Thank you Tarry. Really appreciate. I'm no fresh graduate, I actually graduated in 2011, served 2012-2013. Been working since then but I'm currently unemployed now. (Since October last year).

Can I prove family ties with birth certificates, intl p.p data page, family pictures, certificate of origin or just include in my sop dat I will be returning back to family in my home country after my study period. Sorry for all d qtns...I just want to get these right. Will appreciate more light on proving family ties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hey gurus, I applied for pgc in project management and was denied. But now I want to apply for MSc in MECH, how do I explain this to VO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jayne07(f): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bamz:

I thought we could just attach the old 2-page document given previously (assuming upfront was done)...

And someone recently said UCI number automatically shows that medical was previously submitted

CC: emma4eva
I don't knw anytin abt upfront... But wen the hospital was called to ask how to reuse medicals.... Dey said come with 2k5 and dey gave a form to attach to your new application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by plate223: 12:09am On Sep 03, 2016
tbaib:
I just wanna thank someone in the house.the person Used me to get all sorts of information into canada. Even when she has not gotten her visa, Which is fine information is free. Led me on making me deny other hopeful people looking for accomodation in calgary. Went ahead furnished the whole place awating her arrival even printed the lease. Only for her to cancel last minute. Laughs in igbo, My sister may God repay you accordingly. The fastest way to shoot yourself in the foot in canada is to use people for information and swindle them in the end i pity you. Canada is a different ball game even your best friend will not ket you know what is beneficial so when you see people on this forum based in canada readily available and happy to give information be glad.
My dear sister. You know yourself ,may God almighty be the judge!!!
pls I need to also no information on how to get a canadian visa
plate223:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Phil101: 12:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Hi guys,I'll be resuming at queens university,Kingston next week and would very much appreciate any info I can get on accommodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by plate223: 12:35am On Sep 03, 2016
emma4eva:
I believe dis factors played a role in ur refusal. Your statement of acct is just to back up ur claim dat u are working. And a sworn affidavit would have being effective. I was also denied on insufficient funds. I realized I didnt prove my relationship with my sponsor well enough. Working on it.
pls I want to know the step I could take in getting a canadian visa pls respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 12:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Thank you Tarry. Really appreciate. I'm no fresh graduate, I actually graduated in 2011, served 2012-2013. Been working since then but I'm currently unemployed now. (Since October last year).

Can I prove family ties with birth certificates, intl p.p data page, family pictures, certificate of origin or just include in my sop dat I will be returning back to family in my home country after my study period. Sorry for all d qtns...I just want to get these right. Will appreciate more light on proving family ties.

yes birth certificates, intl p.p data page suffice for families but your unemployed status now is an issue, your job will have been another home ties. A job will help your application even if you don't have asset or personal statement of account but if you have a sponsor with adequate fund and can be convincing on why he will commit the required amount you should be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by plate223: 12:45am On Sep 03, 2016
Phil101:
Hi guys,I'll be resuming at queens university,Kingston next week and would very much appreciate any info I can get on accommodation.
[color=#770077][/color]pls guys what step do you take in getting to this level pls respond thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by plate223: 12:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Chrissybaybee:

Phil101:
[color=#770077][/color]pls guys what step do you take in getting to this level pls respond thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 2:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Phunmmiee:

Your own better, someone asked for help fr His Younger brother going to Toronto/ Manitoba and later to Brandon and I offered to help. A place to stay both in Toronto and Winnipeg but I told him he will drop some food items fr his host in Toronto, He agreed.
We were talking on phone and I told them I will bring the items to the airport, call the host so that they can talk then give the guy travelling the hosts number so I can be sure the person getting the number is actually travelling they agreed.
The on the set day, I called and the guy travellling wasnt picking till 3pm, so I called the sister who said they are on the way from Benin to Lagos.
My next call the father picked and said the boy isnt leaving again. Of course I knew it all, so I sent a mail to the elder brotherwho asked for help on this thread and he apologized and said the parents would have preferred I gave them the contact ahead.
I learnt.

Yet people don't understand when u decide not to help them. They think you are being wicked ts the evil acts like this that makes u step back. But am happy because canada teaches u to value information the girl thinks she is smart. I laugh. They used the guy that was in contact with me. Disturbed the guy , the guy left work and was running up and down then told him they dont want again. That theyv seen free house. Loll the only place they cant throw u out of is family home. Even A family friend will kick ur a55 out without remorse. Leave them. Let them continue. Canada is a teaching ground. Just keep doing good. God will repay us.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 2:09am On Sep 03, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

My dear u go try am ni o! I saw one guy land no Job in nigeria. I dont knw how they do it. No ties sef. Pending program is a course you want to do abroad thatll increase ur chances of work in nigeria. Frame ur application in that way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 2:10am On Sep 03, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

And how do I go about 'sick grandparent' cos actually my grandmom is ill

Thanks.

You attach sick documents etc. But anywhere they ask maybe on the form include it. Include her name especially on the application form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Made123: 2:14am On Sep 03, 2016
tbaib:
I just wanna thank someone in the house.the person Used me to get all sorts of information into canada. Even when she has not gotten her visa, Which is fine information is free. Led me on making me deny other hopeful people looking for accomodation in calgary. Went ahead furnished the whole place awaiting her arrival even printed the lease. Only for her to cancel last minute. Laughs in igbo, My sister may God repay you accordingly. The fastest way to shoot yourself in the foot in canada is to use people for information and swindle them in the end i pity you. Canada is a different ball game even your best friend will not let you know what is beneficial so when you see people on this forum based in canada readily available and happy to give information be glad.
My dear sister. You know yourself, may God almighty be the judge!!!
Jeez.. this is bad, why would she do such to someone with a generous heart. Hello dear, you are not alone. I tried helping someone with a police clearance and the person was acting as if he was a novice in this forum until I checked his profile and discovered he has grown beards in this thread. I just decided to keep silent all these while. if I were you, I would have told the person to send me a copy of any of these(TRV, Admission letter) before helping out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 03, 2016
tbaib:

Yet people don't understand when u decide not to help them. They think you are being wicked ts the evil acts like this that makes u step back. But am happy because canada teaches u to value information the girl thinks she is smart. I laugh. They used the guy that was in contact with me. Disturbed the guy , the guy left work and was running up and down then told him they dont want again. That theyv seen free house. Loll the only place they cant throw u out of is family home. Even A family friend will kick ur a55 out without remorse. Leave them. Let them continue. Canada is a teaching ground. Just keep doing good. God will repay us.
free house in canadal.lol.
but if she gets 1month free, that could save her atleast $450.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kento1234: 2:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Been in canada for a week now... we thank baba God....... TRV hopefuls it will come dont worry

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tolugar: 3:22am On Sep 03, 2016
Good day friends. I've been following this post for some time now.

Pls how can I migrate to Canada for work.

Someone earlier referred me to Cohen cambell

How Can I get a work permit visa

Or most I go via student visa?

Pls someone reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 03, 2016
yemdogg:

Also check VIU. No GMAT required too.

Already did. Too xpensive. Sigh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello My good people. I just want to appreciate God in our lives. We are really doing great job to help eachother and God will continue to grant us wisdom and insight on matters ahead IJN.
Please I need help here if I can get an elaborate and precise answers I will be grateful.
Am 31years old, married no kid yet, graduated 2011, serve 2012-2013, have been working since then in a telecommunication coy for 4 months and currently an Auto-Mechanics,design and technology/STEM teacher in an international sch. Studied Engineering first degree. And now I have secured admission to do my Msc thesis in mechanical engineering in Usask. My in-law agreed to sponsor me because he beleive in God and me....1st I want to know if am not over aged? 2nd, if is okay for my in-law to sponsor though I have some earning too.
3rd, I will need help in applying for Trv from this great hus.
Thanks all
Await your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2016
Phunmmiee:

I learnt.
Pls in all fairness, I'll say a big sorry for dose disappointment, I kip wondering y Nigerians can't b truthful just for once **deepestSigh** we alwz do things dat wud block d chance for odas comin behind. Once again I do apologize on behalf of all odas on dis trend. We all need eachoda. God bless u.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2016
plate223:
pls I want to know the step I could take in getting a canadian visa pls respond
I advice u read part 10 for info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2016
thesoj:
It will probably affect her when she is applying for PGWP, but she might be lucky though very risky.
Taking a leave of absence to work doesn't sound like an excuse that would fly, it explicitly sounds like a way to misuse the student visa as a work visa. CIC explicitly states that the condition to work is when the student is fully enrolled or between semester breaks (e.g. summer break).

Based on what I read here, I told her too that she might have problems later on with pgwp, but she insisted otherwise
Na so i leave am o, make e no be like say I be bad Belle, u know as naija people be sometimes.

Maybe I'll refer her to this thread so she can come and see for herself
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=Chinuaj post=49007400][/quote]

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:15am On Sep 03, 2016
My parents are disturbing me y I havent reapplied yet.... I need assistance abeg.
In my previous application. I didnt state any current activity, i finished service may. few days before application(denied on insuficient funds). Now its being 3 months, am reapplying soon. I havent really being working. I want to write something tangible as my current activity. Any idea??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2016
wealth360:
Hello My good people. I just want to appreciate God in our lives. We are really doing great job to help eachother and God will continue to grant us wisdom and insight on matters ahead IJN.
Please I need help here if I can get an elaborate and precise answers I will be grateful.
Am 31years old, married no kid yet, graduated 2011, serve 2012-2013, have been working since then in a telecommunication coy for 4 months and currently an Auto-Mechanics,design and technology/STEM teacher in an international sch. Studied Engineering first degree. And now I have secured admission to do my Msc thesis in mechanical engineering in Usask. My in-law agreed to sponsor me because he beleive in God and me....1st I want to know if am not over aged? 2nd, if is okay for my in-law to sponsor though I have some earning too.
3rd, I will need help in applying for Trv from this great hus.
Thanks all
Await your response.

Congrats on your successful admission.

Did your supervisor not provide funding or nominate you for any scholarship?

You can explain the gap in your study in your SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2016
Ugoerico:
I'm sending this message from IOM Ikeja whr I just did my medicals.....they are very fast if not fastest just two days and ur result is with embassy unlike PH dat stipulated 5-10 working days in sending their own result.....so activate ur Ikeja mood asap!
how much does IOM Ikeja charge for the medicals??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ccffwx: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Thank you so much thesoj for responding to me. I appreciate it. Please can you tell me what school your friend applied to for her PhD in Literature? I will also appreciate any other additional information perhaps the name of the professor and the application processes used. Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.