Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909776 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jasondavidz1: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
StudentsNG:
THANK YOU JESUS!!! - TRV APPROVED TODAY.

Before I give details I want to thank all of you on this forum. I followed silently and I must say, the guidelines I got here gave me confidence from day 1 of my application. You guys rock!

Submission date: October 28th, Paper Route, VFS, Abuja.
Medical Call: November 14, Done 17th, Passed 19th November.
Got TRV Approval Mail Today: December 6th.
Admission: Msc, Statistics ( admitted to U Regina & Carleton University - but I applied for TRV using U Regina's admission letter).

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

Academic Qualifications Documents
• Letter of Acceptance from the University of Regina
• Bachelors Degree Certificate, B.Tech., Statistics
• Bachelors Degree statement of Result
• Transcript from Federal University of Technology Owerri
• National Youth Service Corp Certificate
• Resume
• Secondary School Certificates
• DHL Print out of delivery of official reference letters

Financial Qualifications Documents

• My Personal Bank Statement for the recent 6 Months (Inflow $111,543USD, balance $32,640USD).
• Explanation of source of funds and e-slips
• Telex Copy of Part-Payment of my Tuition Fee of (4000CDN)
• Receipt for part-payment of Tuition Fee

Fees Information

• Total cost for my studies (Tuition & Student Fees for entire study duration): $14,217.10 CAD
• Total Cost of Living (for year): $10,000 CAD
• Advance Tuition Fee Payment Made: $4,000 CAD
• Available Funds: $43,634.64 CAD (converted from USD at 1.34 CDN/USD)

Order Supporting Documents

• Statement of Purpose
• Police Character Certificate
• Birth Certificate
• My Company Certificate of Incorporation
• My Land Documents

Identity Information

• 2 Copies of Passport Data Page

CIC Study Permit Forms

• Completed Application for Study Permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)
• Completed Family Information Form (IMM5645)
• Completed Document Checklist for Study Permit

MY REQUESTS FROM ALL OF YOU HERE:

1. I have offer at Carleton and U Regina, same course. Although I have paid 4000CDN in Regina, I am have a problem of choice deciding which of the schools to choose (based on the regions and which would favor me as a Nigerian both during and after school. Please advise me on which choice to take and give me reason(s).

2. I also need help on making the choice of Flight to use to land in either of Regina or Ottawa (Carleton), a good guide please.

3. Any other advise you think I might need.

FINALLY: I pray for the rest of us awaiting our TRVs and those seeking admission. May God almighty who made mine possible (without anybody's support) make yours easier and faster. Amen! 1 love smiley

CONGRATS...REGINA WOULD BE BETTER IN TERMS OF PR

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by desy24444(m): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
adeyemidare:

This kind of Loan is not advisable. if you have high GPA and going for thesis based study, you can get scholarship.
y is it not advisable bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by scimitar: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
Arcayo:
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online

Documents submitted
1. All cic study permit forms
2. Secondary and Post secondary credentials
3. SOA about N8m+ self sponsor
4. Reference letter from working place
5. Leave letter
6. All employment letters from 2006 (finished service sep 2005)
7. Wife's passport biodata page and birth cert
8. Children's passport bio data page and birth cert. (2 in number)
9. SOP. Stating why am going for Construction Management after holding a position of Project manager in in construction company.
10. Old passport with South Africa visa showing travel history 2008.
11. Birth certificate
12. Affidavit of correction of date of birth of my WAEC cert.
13. Receipt of $1500 deposit through reserve my seat.
14. LOA
15. WES Evaluation (serves as Transcript)

Thank you guy I really appreciate you all the I wish all TRV hopefuls success

My application just got rejected. I need to know why to plan for re-applying. Please which Gcms service did you use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jasondavidz1: 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
Rityonyi:
whats are the steps required for someone who want to travel for childbirth in canada? what are the things required and how to go about them?
someone please help I urgently need the info. Thanks

[color=#990000][/color]

from my little understanding, i dont think the baby would be granted automatic canadian citizenship(the usa would be a better option in that respect)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
Good evening all.
Please, i need help on the step forward. I hav a frd that applied for TRV on 28th October n got refused today.
He applied for masters. He was refused based on insufficient funds.
Please help..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
Frostbaby:
Good evening all.
Please, i need help on the step forward. I hav a frd that applied for TRV on 28th October n got refused today.
Please help..........
Saw your message... Unfortunately messages aren't delivering to nairaland mail... I don't know why. I'll try sending you a pm now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
Frostbaby:
Good evening all.
Please help..........

1. What is the relationship of your friend's Sponsor to the applicant (your friend)?
2. Did your friend pay his/her school fees?
3. How did your friend prove his/her relationship with his/her sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Folaroyal:

Saw your message... Unfortunately messages aren't delivering to nairaland mail... I don't know why. I'll try sending you a pm now.

This is my email. Folayinkadams@gmail.com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
scimitar:

My application just got rejected. I need to know why to plan for re-applying. Please which Gcms service did you use.

What are the reasons?
What programme?
Which school?
Who is ur sponsor?
How old are u?
What date did u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mikymiko:

1. What is the relationship of your friend's Sponsor to the applicant (your friend)?
2. Did your friend pay his/her school fees?
3. How did your friend prove his/her relationship with his/her sponsor?
His father was his sponsor.
He paid part of it.
A letter frm his bank that he is his son and will sponsor him. Then his dad national ID, he doesn't have international passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
Frostbaby:

His father was his sponsor.
He paid part of it.
A letter frm his bank that he is his son and will sponsor him. Then his dad national ID, he doesn't have international passport

How much is the tuition fee per year?

How much did your friend pay?

Did your friend included his/her birth certificate or affidavit?

Who did ur friend indicate as sponsor in the study permit application form?

How much is the balance in his/her father's SOA?

What is the turnover in his /her father's SOA?

Did he/she also attach his parents assets?

What job did your friend present to them that his/her father does?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by famous17: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
Good evening all,

I write with a heavy heart, am completely devastated!!!
I just got a mail to check my account I linked online to find that my application has been refused.

I applied Nov.7, my problem now is I don't know the reason for refusal yet. I only saw my application has been refused when I opened my CIC account because I did paper application.

Please how will I check the reason for my refusal, because the vfs has not even sent me an SMS for my passport maybe if the reason will be in the letter attached to the passport.

Pls I need your response ASAP, so that at least I know what to do next, please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
Frostbaby:
Good evening all.
Please help..........

Sufficient fund mean different things

1: scholarship covering tution and upkeep of cad10,000 - 15,000. Submit reasonable personal account. Some submitted as low as #500,000 and still got visa with this case.

2: no scholarship, personal account balance showing tution fee and upkeep about 15,000 with no dependant.

3: no scholarship and no sufficient personal account as case 2, you present a sponsor account that fulfill case 2, have enough to support sponsor and dependant- let's say cad 5,000 each for sponsor and dependants, and must prove-beyond doubt- relationship with sponsor.

In any of the case above, the account must show good in and out flow of money in the account. Cash lodging doesn't help.

Note: Am not an expert and all have said is based on my readings only. No personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mikymiko:

How much is the tuition fee per year?
How much did your friend pay?
Did your friend included his/her birth certificate or affidavit?
Who did ur friend indicate as sponsor in the study permit application form?
How much is the balance in his/her father SOA?
What is the turnover in his /her father's SOA?
Did he/she also attach his parents assets?
What job did your friend present to them that his/her father does?

The tuition for the 2 yrs is 39,000
He paid 2000.
No, he didn't include his birth certificate.
His dad was his sponsor.
He had 40M.
No asset was included.
His dad is a trader.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by scimitar: 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mikymiko:

What are the reasons?
What programme?
Which school?
Who is ur sponsor?
How old are u?
What date did u apply?

OK.

Reasons? I don't know yet. I only saw that my application was refused today on the cic website. No email or sms yet. I want to quickly use the GCMS service to get as much info as possible to aid a possible re-application.
Prog.: PhD
School: Queen's
Sponsor: Govt Agency. Scholarship amount covers fees and 15k upkeep for 3 years (now you know who)
Date: Nov 1, 2016.

Due to pressure from my supervisor, and unwillingness to renew my rent, I was in too much of a hurry to make it by January 31, 2017, so my application was a bit watery. I just put in the scholarship letter without adding my personal SOA or personal assets (or possibly a co-sponsor). I work in a govt agency (so pay not huge), added my pay slips and employment and regularisation letters and thought that would suffice for the ties to home country. No letter of intro to show that I would be granted study leave with pay with a bond (takes too long to get cos of bureaucracy).

I wager that the reasons will include finance, and purpose of visit. Hopefully nothing more 'serious' than those.
After going through here, I have come to see that it was not a very convincing application. I had too much confidence in my sponsorship and took then for granted a bit. My LOE was also a bit sketchy.

Please which GCMS service is cheap and reliable? (gcmsnow?)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
jasondavidz1:

[color=#990000][/color]

from my little understanding, i dont think the baby would be granted automatic canadian citizenship

Based on my readings, Canada also practise Jus Soli(right of the soil). However, this thread isn't for that topic. Search for relevant one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bumzy1: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hello everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
Osemigho:

Sufficient fund mean different things
1: scholarship covering tution and upkeep of cad10,000 - 15,000. Submit reasonable personal account. Some submitted as low as #500,000 and still got visa with this case.
2: no scholarship, personal account balance showing tution fee and upkeep about 15,000 with no dependant.
3: no scholarship and no sufficient personal account as case 2, you present a sponsor account that fulfill case 2, have enough to support sponsor and dependant- let's say cad 5,000 each for sponsor and dependants, and must prove-beyond doubt- relationship with sponsor.
In any of the case above, the account must show good in and out flow of money in the account. Cash lodging doesn't help.
Note: Am not an expert and all have said is based on my readings only. No personal experience.
Thanks. The inflow and outflow was good, 40M. The money was not logde cos his dad is a trader. The The transaction is done daily
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bumzy1: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
Y'all have been very helpful not just to me buh to other people who come here for info am grateful. I will like to use this opportunity to announce the approval of my TRV. I just checked app and saw it there smiling at me like "come get me I am right here"

Timeline
Paper route, upfront medical buh linked online.
Submitted on the 31st of Oct at VFS Abuja. MEng- Civil and Enviromental engineering -(Petroleum engineering) Uni of Alberta.
Got approval status: today Dec 7th
I submitted my app before I joined nairaland I was so surprised at the many documents people submitted buh I never lost faith in God I knew it won't affect me

Documents submitted
All the CIC forms

BSc -Oil n Gas engineering from NTU ukraine
Degree transcripts
Degree cert
Training cert
UofA admission letter and acceptance letter (conditional), condition being that I should send my transcript directly to UofA and also English proficiency. Already sent the transcript and English proficiency letter to UofA buh it haven't been verified yet according to the sch. I didn't include the English proficient letter in my visa app.
Sponsor affidavit
Sponsor's employer letter
No SOP
No tuition deposit
My birth certificate
Police cert
Mum n dad's passport n visa intl passport copies
intl passport
Dad's SOA of 6.7m naira closing balance
Mum's land properties
Secondary Sch Waec cert
Secondary Sch testmonial

Very simple one! God was involved all thanks to him. For all the TRV hopefuls here please don't lose hope and be prayerful your TRV is not far away. Bless you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
scimitar:

OK.

Reasons? I don't know yet. I only saw that my application was refused today on the cic website. No email or sms yet. I want to quickly use the GCMS service to get as much info as possible to aid a possible re-application.
Sponsor: Govt Agency. Scholarship amount covers fees and 15k upkeep for 3 years (now you know who)

Due to pressure from my supervisor, and unwillingness to renew my rent, I was in too much of a hurry to make it by January 31, 2017, so my application was a bit watery. I just put in the scholarship letter without adding my personal SOA or personal assets (or possibly a co-sponsor). I work in a govt agency (so pay not huge), added my pay slips and employment and regularisation letters and thought that would suffice for the ties to home country. No letter of intro to show that I would be granted study leave with pay with a bond (takes too long to get cos of bureaucracy).

I wager that the reasons will include finance, and purpose of visit. Hopefully nothing more 'serious' than those.
After going through here, I have come to see that it was not a very convincing application. I had too much confidence in my sponsorship and took then for granted a bit. My LOE was also a bit sketchy.

I think purpose of study will weigh more than finance. letter of introduction since you are working and assets like proof of land, car, shares or bond ownership, etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by famous17: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
I am in a similar situation with you,
M.SC application, 25 years old
I have two sponsors (first sponsor who is my half sister with 7m balance, second sponsor my mentor who is based in the US plus I have 1.8m balance)
Am currently working and have an NGO
I don't know what the issue is
Pls I just PM you, so maybe we can work together to solve this.

Please house, how long will I wait to know the real reason for my refusal before I use GCMS service, at least let me see the first reason.

OK.

[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
famous17:
Good evening all,

I write with a heavy heart, am completely devastated!!!
I just got a mail to check my account I linked online to find that my application has been refused.

I applied Nov.7, my problem now is I don't know the reason for refusal yet. I only saw my application has been refused when I opened my CIC account because I did paper application.

Pls I need your response ASAP, so that at least I know what to do next, please.
Ohhhh... So sorry to hear that!.. We still have to thank God in all situations. At least you even got a response so quickly.. and you can equally begin to plan a refire!!
What if you got this same decision after waiting for 3 or 4 months... So thank God!
Meanwhile... you will only be able to get the reasons after you pick up your package.
Just start by relaying your credentials for scrutiny;
You applied Nov 7..paper app.
What sch and program/level?
What's your UG course?
Who is the sponsor?
Did you do or were you called for medicals?
Do you work at the moment?
What's your travel history?
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Crownny86: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Kindly provide all necessary information on document submitted as
other member of this forum requested for proper analysis and advice.
No info can be given without all this.
Your friend can also request from his/her GCMS through this link
GCMS , here's the link to order for it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Frostbaby:
Good evening all.
Please help..........

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bumzy1:
Y'all have been very helpful not just to me buh to other people who come here for info am grateful. I will like to use this opportunity to announce the approval of my TRV. I just checked app and saw it there smiling at me like "come get me I am right here"

Timeline
Submitted on the 31st of Oct at VFS Abuja. MEng- Civil and Enviromental engineering -(Petroleum engineering) Uni of Alberta.
I submitted my app before I joined nairaland I was so surprised at the many documents people submitted buh I never lost faith in God I knew it won't affect me

Documents submitted
All the CIC forms

Degree transcripts
Degree cert
Training cert
UofA admission letter and acceptance letter (conditional), condition being that I should send my transcript directly to UofA and also English proficiency. Already sent the transcript and English proficiency letter to UofA buh it haven't been verified yet according to the sch. I didn't include the English proficient letter in my visa app.
No SOP
My birth certificate
Police cert
intl passport
Mum's land properties
Secondary Sch Waec cert
Secondary Sch testmonial

Very simple one! God was involved all thanks to him. For all the TRV hopefuls here please don't lose hope and be prayerful your TRV is not far away. Bless you

Congrats! God is a miracle worker. Any scholarship? If yes, how much?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Frostbaby:

The tuition for the 2 yrs is 39,000
He paid 2000.
No, he didn't include his birth certificate.
His dad was his sponsor.
He had 40M.
No asset was included.
His dad is a trader.

The tuition is very high. I only ask you his one year tuition cost.
He should add his NPC birth certificate to prove that his sponsor is the father.
Let his father swear an affidavit of sponsorship on his behalf before a Notary Public.
Let him include his parents assets.
He may also increase the tuition deposit to 10,000 CAD as his tuition fee is very expensive. (just to try convincing them with a greater commitment).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bumzy1: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Osemigho:

Congrats! God is a miracle worker. Any scholarship? If yes, how much?

Thank you fam. No scholarship it's a MEng course based program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
Congratulations. I tap into your testimony.
Bumzy1:

Timeline

Documents submitted
All the CIC forms

Degree transcripts
Degree cert
Training cert
No SOP
My birth certificate
Police cert
intl passport
Mum's land properties
Secondary Sch Waec cert
Secondary Sch testmonial

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bumzy1: 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mikymiko:
Congratulations. I tap into your testimony.

Thank you. You are next!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
Add ur SOA, Assets. Still find a relation to also draft a sponsorship letter and provide his SOA. Indicate in your study permit application that your fees will covered by Scholarship. GCMS through this link
GCMS , here's the link to order for it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
scimitar:

OK.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bumzy1:

Thank you. You are next!
Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by famous17: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Thanks for responding, I really appreciate
MUN M.SC
I did upfront medicals and my undergraduate course was related
I had two sponsors, my Half sister and Mentor ( I had a balance of about 1.8m in my own personal account
I work presently and have my personal N.G.O too that works in areas related to my course of study
Although I have no travel history
Folaroyal:

Ohhhh... So sorry to hear that!.. We still have to thank God in all situations. At least you even got a response so quickly.. and you can equally begin to plan a refire!!
What if you got this same decision after waiting for 3 or 4 months... So thank God!
Meanwhile... you will only be able to get the reasons after you pick up your package.
Just start by relaying your credentials for scrutiny;
You applied Nov 7..paper app.
What sch and program/level?
What's your UG course?
Who is the sponsor?
Did you do or were you called for medicals?
Do you work at the moment?
What's your travel history?
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sunny4Gold: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
Good day beautiful house, many thanks to you guys for all your countless efforts, I have a little TECHNICAL QUESTION
Please I applied to university of Manitoba for a 3yrs undergraduate course but I will be doing a 1yr foundation program at International College of Manitoba first, making it a total of 4yrs. I am about applying for study permit but my passport will expire in 2019, do I need to renew my passport before applying or I can apply with it like that?
Your contributions are welcomed
No you don't need to renew it since expiration date is more than 6 month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.