Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,621 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909602 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Rasengan02:
@justwise I sent you a mail. Anticipating your reply

Everything you need to know about studying in Canada in here, take few days out and read this thread then ask specific question if you have one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MagnaB: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
I will appreciate if i can get some little help here. I applied to university of ottawa and university of Ontario Institute of technology (UOIT) for a Master's program in Engineering Management around June July this year 2016 but University of Ottawa declined me an offer but i got an offer there of from UOIT as regards the same course. I am not satisfied with UOIT's world ranking and i feel if i want to study over there, i should do it big.
So i paid for acceptance fee just to lock that opportunity and deferred the admission till September 2017.
With this i bought time to apply to another school (University of Windsor) and my application is still in progress with them.

Now i need other opinions (expert opinions) about UOIT as a school and what they feel or know about them.
What is your take about the course engineering management as it is not a common course and only a limited schools over there offer it.

Another question is can i proceed with visa application using uoit as cover even though i am hopeful luck shines on my side and i get another offer from other schools but if yes, won't it be detrimental to my visa application since i may have to pay some of d school fees just to show commitment.

Please share your views with me.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
xprimate:
Good day guys, I cant begin to say how much I have benefited from the knowledge and information on this thread. God bless you guys forever.
Please does any one know of any school that accept 2.8 CGP(the conversion into Canadian grade is still not clear to me) into Masters in Engineering/Technology courses. I would have applied for PGC but the odds are a little bit against me: an informal job experiences(no pay slip or employment letter)and no travel experience but my sponsor(brother) have sufficient finance to cover any program.

Greetings.
CGPA of 2.8....56%.....Hmmm quite low sha. But I will advice you search for schools where they can accept 50% CGPA and above. Ask the Graduate secretary of any department of the course you wanted and make inquiries if they will accept you and if they will, You will have to write a very strong and convincing SOP if required. About your job and the rest. work on it and for now get admission first. Your brother is cool for sponsorship. try get admission ok.

Please Bigger bosses in the house ...make una contribute.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Billiondoe:

I track it everyday. Still under processing in the Accra Office as at this morning. I tire o.

it is well, keep on praying my bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
xprimate:
Good day guys, I cant begin to say how much I have benefited from the knowledge and information on this thread. God bless you guys forever.
Please does any one know of any school that accept 2.8 CGP(the conversion into Canadian grade is still not clear to me) into Masters in Engineering/Technology courses. I would have applied for PGC but the odds are a little bit against me: an informal job experiences(no pay slip or employment letter)and no travel experience but my sponsor(brother) have sufficient finance to cover any program.

The problem with PGC is not usually the cert but people go for programs not similar to their undergraduate course. I think your best shot is PGC(D) in your Bsc course and not any engineering/Technology course. Am not sure, but I think some universities can offer an a kind of PG program that you can upgrade to masters later. You have to email graduate advisors in multiple schools for answers. Don't panic, just email and wait for responses.

There's always a formal element in every inFORMALity. Think about your job well and find yours. Plus there's still time for payslip and employment letter if you are aiming for Fall 2017 or winter 2018 and you apply April or july. Think fast and act. You can still get a job or formalize the current one. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I never intended to say this until my visa is out, but I see that this is application season and a lot of people are throwing apllications here and there to various universities in Canada.

So, I have decided to encourage a person or persons today. Just go for it!

I got admission into University of Ottawa for Masters in Information Studies with a THIRD CLASS, 2.17 CGPA precisely.

I have a B.Eng in Mining Engineering, and I think I was able to convince the VO well about the relationship in both courses, because in my first application that was refused, "Purpose of Visit" was not stated.

Anyway, to leave no grey area, I think I had a strong last two years, 4.0s and 3.0s, (because na now I wake up say, ogbeni, na third class you dey o, but it was too late sha) and I also have a Diploma certificate too.

My point is, if you have the money, just apply! Do your best, write a massive Statement of Purpose and pray oh yes, pray to Lord Jesus Christ. He did it for me, he'd do it for you.

My course is even co-op too, I never knew co-op was such a hot cake until I came here.

I hope I have encouraged more than one person.

This is your season to face God, that's who I put my trust in.

MODIFIED: I did not apply to two or more universities, I aplied to ONLY University of Ottawa, so if I wasn't given admission, I was toast. I won't be here typing this. See? Who could've done it except God? Who? God!

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
ENEMIESENEMY:
Hello Everyone,

I never intended to say this until my visa is out, but I see that this is application season and a lot of people are throwing apllications here and there to various universities in Canada.

I got admission into University of Ottawa for Masters in Information Studies with a THIRD CLASS, 2.17 CGPA precisely.

I have a B.Eng in Mining Engineering, and I think I was able to convince the VO well about the relationship in both courses, because in my first application that was refused, "Purpose of Visit" was not stated.

Anyway, to leave no grey area, I think I had a strong last two years, 4.0s and 3.0s, (because na now I wake up say, ogbeni, na third class you dey o, but it was too late sha) and I also have a Diploma certificate too.

My point is, if you have the money, just apply! Do your best, write a massive Statement of Purpose and pray oh yes, pray to Lord Jesus Christ. He did it for me, he'd do it for you.

My course is even co-op too, I never knew co-op was such a hot cake until I came here.

I only like documents posted but I liked yours mehn. It's touching! Congrats! God will perfect what he has started for you.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
Osemigho:

I only like documents posted but I liked yours mehn. It's touching! Congrats! God will perfect what he has started for you.

Amen. Na God hand I dey o. Can't wait to share my full testimony.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
ENEMIESENEMY:
Hello Everyone,

MODIFIED: I did not apply to two or more universities, I aplied to ONLY University of Ottawa, so if I wasn't given admission, I was toast. I won't be here typing this. See? Who could've done it except God? Who? God!
bro congrats..but you will really have to do a great write-up convincing the VO the ralationship btwn Mining Engineering and Information Studies unless information studies is related to your work experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
ENEMIESENEMY:

Amen. Na God hand I dey o. Can't wait to share my full testimony.

It will happen and we will celebrate you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
michV:
bro congrats..but you will really have to do a great write-up convincing the VO the ralationship btwn Mining Engineering and Information Studies unless information studies is related to your work experience.

Bro. if I give you my letter of explanation and you don't feel convinced about the relationship with both courses, I will jump third mainland bridge for you. . .hahaha. No, no work experience relation with the course.

Maybe I should enlighten people a bit, Information Studies is like MBA, anybody with any degree can take it. Poof! All I needed was a good write up.

Anyway, you see why I didn't wanna share this until my visa is out. So I can seal up the testimony, but I had to encourage people here, I had to do it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
ENEMIESENEMY:

Bro. if I give you my letter of explanation and you don't feel convinced about the relationship with both courses, I will jump third mainland bridge for you. . .hahaha. No, no work experience relation with the course.

Maybe I should enlighten people a bit, Information Studies is like MBA, anybody with any degree can take it. Poof! All I need was a good write up.

Anyway, you see why I didn't wanma share this until my visa is out. So I can seal up the testimony, but I had to encourage people here, I had to do it.
To collect ''Engineering Management'' in Uni of Ottawa is also a good idea for engineers here. It's like MBA in Engineering which covers every aspect. one need not statement of interest in applying for the admission and requirement is B.

Bro i wan see that SOP.i'm being skeptical about the connection of both studies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
@MagnaB since you are convinced within you that you would surely secure the pending admission,you can go ahead and apply with the present offer,if you have everything ready and when TRV is approved,you will update the new offer DLI on ur CIC account to notify them about the changes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
@Abolergy resend your PM my reply to you keep bouncing back on my window-mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
michV:
To collect ''Engineering Management'' in Uni of Ottawa is also a good idea for engineers here. It's like MBA in Engineering which covers every aspect. one need not statement of interest in applying for the admission and requirement is B.

Bro i wan see that SOP.i'm being skeptical about the connection of both studies

Please PM me, so I can forward it to your e-mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Osemigho:

It will happen and we will celebrate you in Jesus name.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by StudentsNG: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
bayoshenko:

Proof of funds does not mean you have to have the amount with you. The only thing is to convince them at the POE that you have sufficient funds to support your stay. I am sure that they do not need any SOA at the POE, but if you are taking more than $10,000 with you remember to declare it. Your online banking can also come in handy to show them that you have funds to support you.
On a lighter note, visa application has turned us into thinking that even $10000 is small money, but infact it is not even to them. So believe me someone who can present at $10000 at POE is well capable of taking care of him/herself anywhere in the world (IMHO). All the best.

Smiles, you are right. Your reply just reconfirmed what @Nony1 told me on whatsapp. Great, I guess am ready now. I already booked a flight for 18th and have gotten in touch with U Regina International Student Support and they gave instructions to follow at the airport. God blesssmiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
@michV
Bros I needed to get an advice from you on my Application.
Submitted August 18
No medical yet.
Tuition payment due date 12 Dec.
Program starts January 9.
I am thinking of deferring my admission to the next session to buy more for my application.
Please kindly advise.
Thanks.

Cc folaroyal and the rest of the house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
Despite the disappointment I received, I still want to thank the likes of justwise, nony1, folayar, mikymiko, emma4eva and d good people of nairaland for their advice. I knew from the onset, I didn't have a strong financial backing but I applied believing God. My other documents are perfect except SOA. I will still apply again sha. See the screenshot of d email I got

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
Why is finance a big issue lately?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
xyoung:
Despite the disappointment I received, I still want to thank the likes of justwise, nony1, folayar, mikymiko, emma4eva and d good people of nairaland for their advice. I knew from the onset, I didn't have a strong financial backing but I applied believing God. My other documents are perfect except SOA. I will still apply again sha. See the screenshot of d email I got
Be courageous as God will see you through. Who is ur sponsor? Did u prove the relationship? Did u submit ur soa/personal assets and sponsor soa? Did u pay and attach any deposit receipt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
Forgot to mention michV..you guys tried for me with your input here. Didn't use any agent. You guys and nairaland are my agent.
To answer you mikymiko, my financial status include:
A gtb fixed deposit statement of 1.8 mill naira
Fidelity bank statement of 2mill (this was a lumpsum paid by my sponsor stating that he is giving me for tuition)
Sponsor statement of 500k..
Although all 2 accounts have poor inflow and outflow.
Submitted my present payslip and past payslip from previous companies
Present and past employment letters including confirmation letter
WAEC, BENG and Transcript
Pension cert and mutual benefit life insurance
Land document
ID card and passport page of all family members
Previous visa photocopies
Letter of affidavit from sponsor
Letter of leave from company and company I'd card
Letter of introduction from company and family head
Admission letter from Uregina and letter of intent
CAC documents of registered company but w/out company bank statement because no money inside company account

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Mikymiko:
Be courageous as God will see you through. Who is ur sponsor? Did u prove the relationship? Did u submit ur soa/personal assets and sponsor soa? Did u pay and attach any deposit receipt?
My sponsor is my brother and i submitted his salary account with employment letter and I'd card but his closing balance is less than 500k self after transferring 2m to my account.
In order words, most of my personal money were in my fixed deposit which I submitted fixed deposit statement.
My other account which is my salary account I submitted had just the 2mil my brother transfered to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MagnaB: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
michV:
@MagnaB since you are convinced within you that you would surely secure the pending admission,you can go ahead and apply with the present offer,if you have everything ready and when TRV is approved,you will update the new offer DLI on ur CIC account to notify them about the changes
But i am currently ongoing my nysc program and it is to be concluded may next year and my program begins September next year. I know nysc certificate is needed but can i still present them with something else as proof my program ends before i leave for my masters program.

Also i have heard that paying some part of the school fees gives u an edge on application success which i cannot currently do for this present admission i have locked as i haven't made up my mind yet on that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
xyoung:
Forgot to mention michV..you guys tried for me with your input here. Didn't use any agent. You guys and nairaland are my agent.
Fidelity bank statement of 2mill (this was a lumpsum paid by my sponsor stating that he is giving me for tuition)
Land document
CAC documents of registered company but w/out company bank statement because no money inside company account

Bro, your financial status wasn't really bad after all. I think in your re-application, you should pay a good amount of your tuition if you can do that to show commitment and possibly get another closely related or reliable sponsor with a good inflow of funds in his/her account.
Even though CIC stated funds for 1 year alone, it's pertinent to have and show a consistent source of income. This is really important for sustainability throughout the duration of your program. You are closer to getting your study permit if you can tackle this intelligently and consistently. Remember, they still have details of previous reasons for the delay.Your new additional info and document must be in sync with your previous case and situation. All the best brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
xyoung:
Forgot to mention @MichV..you guys tried for me with your input here. Didn't use any agent. You guys and nairaland are my agent.
Land document
BUILD-UP your sponsors' account with specific details of transaction required to be convinced about the source of funds and you will definitely get it. the transfer paid to your account is ok but the VO wants good inflow and outflow in your sponsor's acct with favorable closing balance to sustain your stay in canada throughout the duration.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Here are two relevant old posts (here and here) of mine discussing the topic of university world rankings.
MagnaB:
...I am not satisfied with UOIT's world ranking and i feel if i want to study over there, i should do it big...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is a tough question...
What field of study are you going for? At first glance, I would have suggested you take the UVic admission (because of the co-op), but on second glance I remember that UofT is one of the top universities in the world.

Do you have a full scholarship to both schools? If so, then I'd go with UofT; a degree from UofT will give your resume a massive credibility. The only case in which I'd choose UVic is if the Victoria/Vancouver area has many more economic opportunities in your field of study or if it is very hard to get a job in your field of study (the UVic co-op gives you a leg into getting a job shortly after graduation).

Btw, take my advice with a grain of salt... lol
Osemigho:

...For someone accepted by MA program at Uvictoria of BC(Co-op) and UofToronto(no co-op), with full scholarship covering fees and upkeep, which will you choose or advise to choose, and why? Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
I think it's because of the recession and the steep devaluation of the Naira.
The VOs are probably keeping this in mind and are therefore much stricter than they've been before.
I also surmise that there are Nigerian students in Canada now having a difficult time paying school fees (due to the significant devaluation of the Naira over the last year and half), VOs are probably taking this into account (those guys are not idiots) and thus are less flexible on this issue.
Osemigho:
Why is finance a big issue lately?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
MagnaB:

But i am currently ongoing my nysc program and it is to be concluded may next year and my program begins September next year. I know nysc certificate is needed but can i still present them with something else as proof my program ends before i leave for my masters program.

Also i have heard that paying some part of the school fees gives u an edge on application success which i cannot currently do for this present admission i have locked as i haven't made up my mind yet on that

I don't THINK tution payment is solution.

If you have close to four months to reapply, build your account alongside your sponsor. Bit by bit. Deposit, Transfer, withdraw, etc. Get people that trust you to help you - nobody want to risk with stranger.

Without scholarship, covering fees and upkeep with 500k is too small in sponsors account and 2million in yours. get friends and family to help build it if you need to. Build your account to like 3-5million minus fees. 2 million is around cad8k. You need to show your fees and upkeep of cad10-15k is covered with evidence. If you are going for fall 2017, build your account.

For fellow fall 2017, while we wait admission decision, let's prepare the account part too. Let's prepare our visa application profile, so it won't be a rush or hard task when we are ready too. God will make it happen for us.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
MagnaB:

since you wanted expertise opinion,lemme give your one. in your current activity section of ur study permit form, write nysc and specify ur date from, for example may 2016 till may 2017. in ur SOP tell the VO that ur course starts Sept 2017 and your have the zeal to continue ur studies immediately after your Mandatory nysc program so as to advance in ur knowledge to better your career goals etc. provide ur nysc ID card, nysc letter of PPA and introduction letter from ur PPA stating that you are undergoing your NYSC primary assignment with them and you would be discharged in May/April 2017, make all the outlined clear so that the Vo wouldnt assume that you are already a working class,u fit still carry your NYSC statement of acct put. NYSC CERT is not a must as ur case is.if u still aren't ok with it,you wait till MAY.2017 and apply. i think @osemigho proved a point too..so compare and sieve. grin

paying fees depend on the condition on ur LOA, type of sponsor you are using and availability of funds by sponsors.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
thesoj:
This is a tough question...
What field of study are you going for? At first glance, I would have suggested you take the UVic admission (because of the co-op), but on second glance I remember that UofT is one of the top universities in the world.

Do you have a full scholarship to both schools? If so, then I'd go with UofT; a degree from UofT will give your resume a massive credibility. The only case in which I'd choose UVic is if the Victoria/Vancouver area has many more economic opportunities in your field of study or if it is very hard to get a job in your field of study (the UVic co-op gives you a leg into getting a job shortly after graduation).

Btw, take my advice with a grain of salt... lol

Grain of salt. Lolz!

No admission yet but I forsee a future when I might need to make that decision. The course is related to study of man and it's environment. For some reasons I don't want to mention it direct but gave easy definition of it. Kindly figure it out.

I believe they will come with full scholarship covering fees and upkeep when they come, because I can't accept any without that. No money to fund it.

On another lighter note, I received SMS from someone and the message ends with.... Dsoj. Every attempt to call back the number is yet to be fruitful. Na you dey ghost message me? Cos Na only here and you I see the name for. Lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.