Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,012 members, 7,845,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (917729 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by losas(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
losas:
help house. how many days does it take to get your package after being refused and can you re apply immediately

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by careerwoman(f): 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Folaroyal:

Visiting takes about 6weeks for you to get a response. The high commission of Canada in Lagos... Anifowose, off Adeola odeku is the office that treats visiting applications.
It is not late to apply now. Sponsor should have a very good flow (in and out) and its safer you have an invitation.
Mail me when you need to book cheap flights.
Regards.

thank you. Will definitely do when I get to that stage. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ushp: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
@jayjayjay007 =UshP post=51926946
Please can you help with the letter of explanation,1st degree BA Agric Econs 2nd degree MA international Business UK, going for PGC HRM Osopaulmay@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bbwollex(m): 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:
I just got my passport request mail.
Congratulations so happy to hear the good news

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bbwollex(m): 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:
Congratulations......... so happy to hear the good news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by losas(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
can someone reply me please

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Teeewhyy:

to be frank, I cann't afford even the full 1st year tuition but I can try to pay the 1st semester hopely before the 2nd semester I would have gotten more. I'm not lazy and there is no work I'm ashamed of once my education is going smothly.

Your dream is very big.

If you can't afford 1 year school fees alone, how do you intend to take care of your upkeep and accommodation not to talk of for 4 years?

I know you have 9ja hustle spirit but I once read an article (maybe by justwise) where a case like your plan was analysed, which shows how hard and almost impossible it is for 2 years masters study alone not to talk of undergraduate.

What if after your stress and sacrifice, Canada kon turn UK before you finish your studies?

Why don't you ace your undergraduate study here in 9ja? Afterwards you can seek "greener pasture". Perhaps 9ja fit don green before you finish sef.

Please think about it well.

I wish you well in whatever choice you make.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:

Congrats....i tap into your testimony

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:
Glory be to God for this,finally! TRV is 100% approved! cONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@emma4eva et al.. apart from UNI OF WESTERN ONTARIO which other university considers last 2years CGPA,i know of University of Saskatchewan too but university of ottawa is competitive for MEng in ECE. my overall CGPA is 70.1% in canadian system while my last 2yrs is from 4.0, 3.90, 3.77, 4.09, I want to throw another application for MEng program in electrical and computer engineering while i dey wait response for admission from the other side. smiley

which school do you feel that i have chances if i throw in application with good letter of motivation and recommendation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
Osemigho:

When you keep asking same question that had been answered or believe you should know, you are likely to be ignored. Use the answer giving to you first and don't make it seems like you have to be spoon-fed.

Sounds harsh.. what was de reply u gave.. this is a different question u know..

btw.. wich school are u going.. congrats in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
michV:
Glory be to God for this,finally! TRV is 100% approved! cONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@emma4eva et al.. apart from UNI OF WESTERN ONTARIO which other university considers last 2years CGPA,i know of University of Saskatchewan too but university of ottawa is competitive for MEng in ECE. my overall CGPA is 70.1% in canadian system while my last 2yrs is from 4.0, 3.90, 3.77, 4.09, I want to throw another application for MEng program in electrical and computer engineering while i dey wait response for admission from the other side. smiley

which school do you feel that i have chances if i throw in application with good letter of motivation and recommendation?

Try ryerson university, I got admission there much faster than Western.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teeewhyy: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
Osemigho:

Your dream is very big.

If you can't afford 1 year school fees alone, how do you intend to take care of your upkeep and accommodation not to talk of for 4 years?

I know you have 9ja hustle spirit but I once read an article (maybe by justwise) where a case like your plan was analysed, which shows how hard and almost impossible it is for 2 years masters study alone not to talk of undergraduate.

What if after your stress and sacrifice, Canada kon turn UK before you finish your studies?

Why don't you ace your undergraduate study here in 9ja? Afterwards you can seek "greener pasture". Perhaps 9ja fit don green before you finish sef.

Please think about it well.

I wish you well in whatever choice you make.

seriously, I understand your point. I never stop seeking Nigeria university admission last year jamb I had 234 no admission , I did ijmb A-level (of amadu mello uni ) I had 13 points out of 15max points still no admission. and I have been driven by spirit of no polytecthnics (which is actually killing me)
So no matter how hard it can turn out over there, I will cope with $4400 per semester.
Moreover I have 2 female friends over there who are doing good with same or almost the same of my condition.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:

Halleluya Halleluya Halleluya Halleluya.
Joy to the world(house here), the Lord is come ( All Trv will come as the Lord liveth)

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by losas(m): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
losas:
help house. how many days does it take to get your package after being refused and can you re apply immediately
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
losas:
can someone reply me please

so sorry for d delay, yea u can reaply provided ur situation has changed or u 've additional proofs dat wasn't included in d first one, check d reasons of d delay very wel wen u get it, bro success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Atrapon have you submitted your TRV app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
emma4eva:
Congratulation!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

Sounds harsh.. what was de reply u gave.. this is a different question u know..

btw.. wich school are u going.. congrats in advance

The truth is sometime bitter. Sorry, it was not meant to hurt. Below was my answer. But try Brock, UNBC, etc.

Note: I'm an admission seeker like you.

Osemigho:

Admission depends on a lot of things like meeting up with requirements and level of competition among applicants.

Your best shot will be to make a long list of all universities in your preferred province(s), and apply to lower rank ones that offer your choice program. The lower you go in the ranking hierarchy, the easier it gets and the lower the chances and level of funding. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
You are welcome.
I can't share SOPs whatsoever due to plagiarism risks -- I also can't share anyone else's SOP as it would be a violation of their trust and privacy.

Hmm... I learned how to write SOPs when I was applying to grad school, and I have also had the opportunity to help review dozens of SOPs. But I am so busy these days that it is hard to find time to review SOPs because to do it well I have to invest time and concentration.

My advice for you is to go online and read up on how to write a good SOP. The main thing is you need to make sure that your content is organized into paragraphs that flow smoothly into each other. You also first need to have a plan of what you want to write before doing so. There are also a lot of posts on this thread (both this part and previous parts) that mention what you need to address in your SOP to CIC.
hustla:
Thankssssss
Nicely dissected. I'll be sure to munch this and refer to it when the time comes,and I do hope My SOP gets looked into very well by the VO
Do you have copies of SOPs of are you great at writing them?
Thank you once again, May God bless your hands
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
What questions to answer in your SOP to the visa officer (not necessarily in this order):

1. Introduce yourself and course of study in Canada
2. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
3. What is your overall educational goal and overall career goal?
4. What have you been doing (by way of employment/professional development) since the completion of your undergraduate studies and now?
5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship? (i.e. how will your skill be valuable to the Nigerian market?), i.e. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country
6. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence?
7. Why PGD and not MSc? (if PGD)

The key reason why you are writing this letter is to demonstrate to the embassy that your purpose of visiting Canada is genuine, and that you will come back to Naija after your studies. It has to be very persuasive. Btw, the embassy knows that you might not come back to Naija... they are not idiots... what they need to be convinced about is that you would freely come back to Nigeria if you cannot legally stay in Canada anymore.

To convince the VO (visa officer):
1. you will need to be specific about what it is your Canada education would help you do once you come back to Naija. Just saying that you will come back home not convincing
2. you need to be specific about what it is about that program or its curriculum that would help you achieve your stated goals
3. you need to be specific about what it is you have done that makes you a credible applicant

Basically, you need to emphasize on what you have done and exactly what you will do when you return to Nigeria (be very clear and unambiguous about this).

PS: I extracted some of the above keypoints from various sources on the internet, primarily page 4 of this CIC form for another country.
Also, @yemdogg goes into excellent detail on how to write a good SOP for the VO, read this post of his very carefully.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
Teeewhyy:

seriously, I understand your point. I never stop seeking Nigeria university admission last year jamb I had 234 no admission , I did ijmb A-level (of amadu mello uni ) I had 13 points out of 15max points still no admission. and I have been driven by spirit of no polytecthnics (which is actually killing me)
So no matter how hard it can turn out over there, I will cope with $4400 per semester.
Moreover I have 2 female friends over there who are doing good with same or almost the same of my condition.

I know 9ja admission can be frustrating. However, I don't usually trust female story of making it abroad. But if you trust your friends stories, no p.

Elders in canny that know the real version of how and possibility of this person surviving without sharing a bond with him/her, please give a genuine advice and prayer. Think he/she needs it badly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by losas(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
nelly28:

so sorry for d delay, yea u can reaply provided ur situation has changed or u 've additional proofs dat wasn't included in d first one, check d reasons of d delay very wel wen u get it, bro success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by losas(m): 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
thanks plss what can some do if he was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
thesoj:
You are welcome.
I can't share SOPs whatsoever due to plagiarism risks -- I also can't share anyone else's SOP as it would be a violation of their trust and privacy.

Hmm... I learned how to write SOPs when I was applying to grad school, and I have also had the opportunity to help review dozens of SOPs. But I am so busy these days that it is hard to find time to review SOPs because to do it well I have to invest time and concentration.

My advise for you is to go online and read up on how to write a good SOP. The main thing is you need to make sure that your content is organized into paragraphs that flow smoothly into each other. You also first need to have a plan of what you want to write before doing so. There are also a lot of posts on this thread (both this part and previous parts) that mention what you need to address in your SOP to CIC.

It can be heartbreaking to see someone edit practically just your name, almost copy and paste your SOP.

I understand you 100%.

People should know that if someone honour you with SOP, it's for you to just read as guide and not edit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
Unfortunately, this is just too common. I have at different times received SOPs with paragraphs that were exactly identical to a previous SOP that I had read before. This sort of intellectual laziness and dishonesty is indeed heartbreaking. Btw, I'm sure that some VOs have denied applications because they noticed the applicant's SOP had paragraphs that were word-for-word identical to SOPs that they had read before. I once read an SOP that exactly copied three paragraphs from one of the SOP samples posted on this thread in the past.
Osemigho:
It can be heartbreaking to see someone edit practically just your name, almost copy and paste your SOP.
I understand you 100%.
People should know that if someone honour you with SOP, it's for you to just read as guide and not edit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frank659: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2016
Bro when did u pass ur medicals,congrats though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
losas:
thanks plss what can some do if he was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit

travel history has sometimes b part of d reasons aline by d VO's, but it really not d cause of d delay, purpose of visit can b d May reason( may b u pick a course not in line wit ur previous course of study & u neva detailed it out, d reason revolves around d course or degree )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
Osemigho:

The truth is sometime bitter. Sorry, it was not meant to hurt. Below was my answer. But try Brock, UNBC, etc.

Note: I'm an admission seeker like you.

Okay, thank you bro.. which school are you looking 4 admission..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
thesoj:
Unfortunately, this is just too common. I have at different times received SOPs with paragraphs that were exactly identical to a previous SOP that I had read before. This sort of intellectual laziness and dishonesty is indeed heartbreaking. Btw, I'm sure that some VOs have denied applications because they noticed the applicant's SOP had paragraphs that were word-for-word identical to SOPs that they had read before. I once read an SOP that exactly copied three paragraphs from one of the SOP samples posted on this thread in the past.

It is well.

In one love I preach to us all that we should try not to engage in plagiarism AKA copy and paste. I don't know about Canada, but I know some US professors scan assignments for such and if caught, it can lead to expulsion. Let's all try to engage our mind to build ourselves and our work. Yes it can be difficult and time consuming, but the sacrifice is worth it.

I go as far as scanning my statements online on some free plagiarism website. You never can tell why some people aren't accepted.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

Okay, thank you bro.. which school are you looking 4 admission.. lemme have your mail pls

Please send a direct message and I will reply asap.

For the schools, as many as can offer me full scholarship. grin

For now, I am officially on only UofVic and UBC list of international applicants.

cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

Okay, thank you bro.. which school are you looking 4 admission.. lemme have your mail pls
my brother you no fit "follow" osemigho oooo, the bros na chairman if only you understand.
Level pass level
As for your question regarding IELTS, most schs do not need you to submit English test score, so just forget about it. I'll only advise you to do GRE if your gpa is very very low or your supervisor requires a gre score.
On the issue of funding, to be honest with you, ur gpa X.X1 is very low to secure funding even your Y.9Y for the last 2 yrs also, the chances are very slim. I didn't want to tell you this bad news b4 but seeing that you want to "farawe" chairman osemigho, i just have to tell you. For example, i met a lady today who was admitted into MAsc for civil engineering in UBC, she had 86% in her B.Eng and she was admitted without funding, not even partial. No funding at all. (She was unlucky, those who had higher percentages had exhausted the funds from her supervisor)
So my brother, double your hustle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
Teeewhyy:

By the way, if you can conveniently afford #500-600k for just a year, try diploma in Unilag. It is one of the easiest way to enter Unilag. No jamb headache and an averagely serious mind will gain full admission to 200level ( #19.5k school fees) after one year of diploma.

I guess I just shared a secret you can use. Come pay me! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.