Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,071 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (922509 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:
This is what I got after tracking my application. Since July 27. Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 14/12/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number. How long till I get my processed passport? What does it mean?

7days working hrs delivery latest, so by Friday comin week ur app is ready for collection at d vfs office Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2016
Osemigho:

It can be heartbreaking to see someone edit practically just your name, almost copy and paste your SOP.

I understand you 100%.

People should know that if someone honour you with SOP, it's for you to just read as guide and not edit.

I agree with you. To write a meaningful SOP requires narrow thought which could even take a month(depending on the individual) to make it perfect to every reader/reviewer's eyes.
PLAGIARISM-copying someone else's ideas as if there were your own is a biggest offence in the CANADIAN educational system. i believe this is why 50% of applicants don't get admission in canadian universities even with their high GPA/CGPA in addition to poorly written SOPs too. Mind you the people that review this applications are experienced professors who have read thousands of SOP/letter of motivation/statement of interest and articles. when they sight copied statements,they easily know. my ideas,even articulation of sentences can NEVER be thesame with yours but we can be passing thesame message.this is how you know good SOPs differently written in thesame subject field.If someone even manages to give you his/her SOP more especially for admission purpose ,please do not copy and paste but let it serve as a guide because you may eventually be refused admission. A good SOP flows sequentially and when you read such good one you will be feeling the mind of the author at that very moment.it is very natural

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2016
Cure4fools:
I need advice from gurus in the house please. I need to make a transfer of 1m from the account I used in my trv application, do you think it will be detrimental to my application?

The facts are, I applied using one account because an agent whom I later realized to be more ignorant than myself adviced me to. I wanted to add my domicilliary account which has substantial amount in it with reasonable flow of money. I'm sponsoring myself, predicted the fall of the naira so I liquidated most of my naira into dollar at the rate of 196. As a result, I applied with only 5.3m as my closing balance. Thus, if I make use of 1m I will have 4.3 in it. I paid my first year tuition in full, my course is for 2years. Should I get statement of account of my dom account accross to Canadian consulate in Accra to make up for any financial shortfall? What do you all think or am I just been paranoid? Thank you for your urgent response house.
keyword,''agent''..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bupat: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2016
Hello guys,

This is actually my first post on this forum. Been reading up threads from way back and i must confess its been of enormous help to me. I personally just want to appreciate everyone here for contributing immensely to someone else's success in one way or the other.

I recently received an admission offer from Carleton University for M.Eng (Mechanical Engineering) Winter 2017. Although my intent is to deffer the offer till Summer 2017 just to give me ample time to prepare my documents for TRV application, I'd like to seek advice from the gurus in the house on how to go about the deffering process.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
bupat:
Hello guys,

This is actually my first post on this forum. Been reading up threads from way back and i must confess its been of enormous help to me. I personally just want to appreciate everyone here for contributing immensely to someone else's success in one way or the other.

I recently received an admission offer from Carleton University for M.Eng (Mechanical Engineering) Winter 2017. Although my intent is to deffer the offer till Summer 2017 just to give me ample time to prepare my documents for TRV application, I'd like to seek advice from the gurus in the house on how to go about the deffering process.

The deferring process should be on your admission offer letter or you can contact your department advisor on how to defer your admission. Deferring admission is not a big deal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Billiondoe: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
nelly28:

7days working hrs delivery latest, so by Friday comin week ur app is ready for collection at d vfs office Lagos.

I am scared stiff but no shaking. Nothing dey happen. When do I know their decision? Till I get my passport? Haven't done upfront medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
Please any master student that submitted around 18th or 19th or 20th or 21st October via paper route application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=Billiondoe post=51951736]

I am scared stiff but no shaking. Nothing dey happen. When do I know their decision? Till I get my passport? Haven't done upfront medicals. [/quote

U did upfront med okk, but did u receive any mail from CIC, check ur inbox very well if it not dere den all it not well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

I am scared stiff but no shaking. Nothing dey happen. When do I know their decision? Till I get my passport? Haven't done upfront medicals.
You should have linked your application online to save yourself the stress of being 'scared stiff'... At least by now you would have known their decision. Well I just noticed you haven't done medicals Ohhh... I'm sorry but it sounds more like a refusal! It remains most unlikely that an approval will come 'without' medical assessment.
What sch?
What program?
What's your UG course?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

if you didn't do upfront medical and you were not also called for medical before this development,i am sorry,this is always a TRV refusal outcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Billiondoe: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Folaroyal:

You should have linked your application online to save yourself the stress of being 'scared stiff'... At least by now you would have known their decision. As it is now.. No one can tell but we wish you well and success.
What sch?
What program?
What's your UG course?

Sheridan College. PGD. Compute Programmer. Already paid full tuition and extra 5k CAD. My app is not linked online. Am I supposed to get a email from them? It has no gotten to VSF Lagos. I only track it online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
Today is a sad day. my 4 year old daughter was denied based on I) purpose of visit and ties 2) family ties in Canada and country of residence. I applied for a visit visa for her to accompany me. How do I tackle this now. Please help. I clearly stated she had no on to take care of her in my letter of explanation.

C.c. @justwise please can you give me the contact of anyone who can assist me or who has gone through such
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bupat: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
@ Wiljen120,
Thanks alot. I'd be in touch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
lovetrumps:
Today is a sad day. my 4 year old daughter was denied based on I) purpose of visit and ties 2) family ties in Canada and country of residence. I applied for a visit visa for her to accompany me. How do I tackle this now. Please help. I clearly stated she had no on to take care of her in my letter of explanation.
Haba... Sorry to hear this but it seems you have contradicted your submissions.... You want your child to accompany you... You applied for a visiting visa... And you stated she has no one to take care of her! .... Obviously you intend to take her with you and not for the purpose of visiting!!!. You should either have joined her in your initial application or applied for a study permit for her now.
[b]Cic seems very silent on accompanying minors... [/b]I posted somethings about that yesterday. Even while they said minors do not require study permit, you cannot keep them for longer than 6 months in school without being disturbed.... hence you will still resort to study permit!!
Be bold to include your child on your application or better still... let your spouse join in the TRV application..
It's quite technical trust me.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

Sheridan College. PGD. Compute Programmer. Already paid full tuition and extra 5k CAD. My app is not linked online. Am I supposed to get a email from them? It has no gotten to VSF Lagos. I only track it online.
Please read my response again... I modified.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

if you haven't done medicals upfront and ur passport dispatched, am sorry from experience and all we see on the thread, its a refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oladesuk: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello everyone, for those travelling soon, how do you plan to fund yourself for the main time. Like the Nigerian bank cards are close to useless. I just want to know how some of us want to go about it. Like should I find a bureau de change and convert in cash?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chuchu123: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
Greetings to the house. Silent reader here. I'm slightly worried. Applied via Paper route around Oct 10...Linked to online exactly a month later. No correspondence so far. Do the VOs prioritize applications from Universities over Colleges? Are there people here who have applied since October too? It'll be nice to know if I'm alone in this.

NB- I and a friend applied together (Lambton College and Conestoga College)... We have not gotten any feedback since we submitted.

Meanwhile congratulations to those who got their TRV approved and have been contributors here. This thread is quite helpful.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
chuchu123:
Greetings to the house. Silent reader here. I'm slightly worried. Applied via Paper route around Oct 10...Linked to online exactly a month later. No correspondence so far. Do the VOs prioritize applications from Universities over Colleges? Are there people here who have applied since October too? It'll be nice to know if I'm alone in this.

NB- I and a friend applied together (Lambton College and Conestoga College)... We have not gotten any feedback since we submitted.

Meanwhile congratulations to those who got their TRV approved and have been contributors here. This thread is quite helpful.

Thanks.

Note that you are not alone. No one for sure can say what or whose applications get priority. There are lots of applications on board for them to handle... Thats why we are TRV hopefuls, we pray our applications move up the line fast and get approved in time..We dont care about their protocols, we have faith & are hopefuls, we believe in miracles.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
You are right but I was discouraged from applying with her. Everyone said get yours first then her own would be easy.
It was the visa application centre lady that told me to apply for a visit visa since she is under 5 years.
Folaroyal:

Haba... Sorry to hear this but it seems you have contradicted your submissions.... You want your child to accompany you... You applied for a visiting visa... And you stated she has no one to take care of her! .... Obviously you intend to take her with you and not for the purpose of visiting!!!. You should either have joined her in your initial application or applied for a study permit for her now.
[b]Cic seems very silent on accompanying minors... [/b]I posted somethings about that yesterday. Even while they said minors do not require study permit, you cannot keep them for longer than 6 months in school without being disturbed.... hence you will still resort to study permit!!
Be bold to include your child on your application or better still... let your spouse join in the TRV application..
It's quite technical trust me.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
please i need honest advice here from experience,

I will close to 1.5m in my SOA after paying fir one semester out of two semeter pgc course.

I intend to use a sponsor only for Visa purpose.

My real question is how is life in canada, can i hustle enough to pay the second semester FEE

thinking of either taking up free accommodation with a friend or not to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by KELVIN086: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Goodday house, please how do i pay tuition fee, is form A still working or i have to use aboki.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

hmmm that particular word "processed passport" and u said u didn't do upfront medicals ..... Only by miracle would the reply be positivesad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
chuchu123:

Thanks.

I did an online application too, school the PDC in conestoga college but I havent heard from cic, applied on 19th of october.

In all honesty processing time was 14 weeks when I applied so am just chilling till then,

My school resumes on the 9th of January tho so am expecting a miracle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Billiondoe: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Flawless1988:
hmmm that particular word "processed passport" and u said u didn't do upfront medicals ..... Only by miracle would the reply be positivesad

Am I supposed to get a medical mail immediately my passport is dispatched? It has not even gotten to VSF Lagos yet. It was through tracking that I knew that it was dispatched yesterday. I did not get any email informing me that it was dispatched.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abmendozer(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Billiondoe:

Am I supposed to get a medical mail immediately my passport is dispatched? It has not even gotten to VSF Lagos yet. It was through tracking that I knew that it was dispatched yesterday. I did not get any email informing me that it was dispatched.
My dear since it has been dispatched already, it's 100% chance it's a refusal since you were not called for medicals. just relax when your passport arrives at the VFS office you will be sent a text message. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Pls do we have trv hopefuls dat applied in. Sept.. ? When can i send CSE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chuchu123: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
I'm hopeful on a miracle! What course at Conestoga are you supposed to go for?

tplacid:

I did an online application too, school the PDC in conestoga college but I havent heard from cic, applied on 19th of october.

In all honesty processing time was 14 weeks when I applied so am just chilling till then,

My school resumes on the 9th of January tho so am expecting a miracle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dannylng(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello everyone once again i'm here for help.
Please i want to apply for spousal work permit for my wife so that she can come and stay with me throughout the duration of my program (2yrs). I am a graduate student in Canada but am confused whether, she falls in the category of Temporary Work Permit or Visa visitor. Please i need help and possibly a link to CIC website. Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dannylng:
Hello everyone once again i'm here for help.
Please i want to apply for spousal open work permit for my wife so that she can come and stay with me throughout the duration of my program (2yrs). I am a graduate student in Canada but am confused whether, she falls in the category of Temporary Work Permit or Visa visitor. Please i need help and possibly a link to CIC website. Thanks a lot
Your wife can apply for the spousal open work permit which will be subject to your student status in canada. It still falls under the temporary resident visa but has advantages of an open work permit where she doesn't need to be offered a job when applying and can work anywhere she choose to. It also will last for the duration of your status as a student. so in a nutshell, She'll be given a spousal open work permit which is quite different from the temporary work permit or visitor visa.
You may find this link useful for more info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
chuchu123:
I'm hopeful on a miracle! What course at Conestoga are you supposed to go for?

HRM (CO OP)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebby29: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good evening people please I need answers to these questions of mine. I did my biometrics on 13th Oct and I havent heard anything yet. I just want to know how long it takes to wait after biometrics. Secondly what to expect when I track my application if positive because I keep getting your visa application no is being processed and so on. Thirdly when I registered online I didn't submit most of the optional documents. Can it affect me? I need a guru to please kindly answer me A-sap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.