Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913583 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chai, sorry bro.
I think our analysis about change in Naira exchange rates might be spot-on given that the VO only ticked "insufficient funds" for tuition but didn't tick the other "insufficient funds" boxes. It implies that the VO was convinced about your sponsorship but didn't think that the money was enough to cover everything.

Usually when the VO isn't convinced about your sponsorship or if the funds are just too little to cover anything, s/he would tick all the "insufficient funds" boxes.
michV:
bro this ur question na FBI question.if na to say na lie i lie you for open fowl yansh now.lemme upload it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Infinity2020: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
You will not understand. Some words are better left unsaid. My application was not perfect. God did it all. So don't underestimate the power of God. Period!

thesoj:
With all due respect, I disagree with posts like this that encourage people to think that prayer/grace is more important to your application than how well you put it together. In my view, this attitude encourages a lackadaisical approach to problem-solving, which is the problem with our country. We like unnecessary shortcuts. This is not to say that people shouldn't pray if it helps them feel better about their application, I am solely stating that prayer will not work as a substitute to putting together an excellent application.

Also, stating that you only get your TRV by prayers/grace is a bit insensitive towards those who prayed and fasted yet didn't get their TRVs. It in a way implies they didn't pray hard enough or they didn't for some reason deserve grace.

cc: @debayoolatunji, @Ethan45

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Infinity2020: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
You will not understand. Some words are better left unsaid. My application was not perfect. God did it all. So don't underestimate the power of God. He did it for me. Period!

thesoj:
With all due respect, I disagree with posts like this that encourage people to think that prayer/grace is more important to your application than how well you put it together. In my view, this attitude encourages a lackadaisical approach to problem-solving, which is the problem with our country. We like unnecessary shortcuts. This is not to say that people shouldn't pray if it helps them feel better about their application, I am solely stating that prayer will not work as a substitute to putting together an excellent application.

Also, stating that you only get your TRV by prayers/grace is a bit insensitive towards those who prayed and fasted yet didn't get their TRVs. It in a way implies they didn't pray hard enough or they didn't for some reason deserve grace.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Infinity2020:
My application has been approved today after 20 weeks. I hope this will encourage all TRV hopefuls and to remind you that with God nothing is impossible. If God be for us who can be against us.

Date of Submission (paper): 18th April, 2016
Medical mail: 30th Aug. (after 19 weeks)
Medical done: 31st Aug
Medical passed update: 3rd Sept
Approval mail: 7th Sept (School resumes same day 7th Sept)

It took a week to approve my Visa from the date of medical ( that was God's speed).

I thank God for His grace. God will do it to all of you just as he did for me.

JesusDidit....Congrats
Pls check your mail

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
I'm not trying to start a debate with you. I just want you to realize that statements you make on here will impact a lot of people who have yet to apply. Because you got your TRV doesn't mean you should go ahead and encourage people (even if unintentionally) to put in mediocre applications "because grace/prayers/god will be sufficient" (quotes are mine). You applied for a TRV for a thesis masters course that was funded, of course the VO is more likely to approve your app even if imperfect. But most applicants don't have your profile.

If you really did think that grace/prayers/god is sufficient, you should have applied for the TRV without any supporting documents and see if you would have gotten the TRV; of course you wouldn't have! So stop suggesting that people apply with mediocre applications because "prayer". I am not expressing an opinion on if people should pray or not, all I am highlighting is that it is not a substitute for a well put-together application.

My second point in the post you replied to is about being sensitive towards other people. I think we should all keep this in mind.
Infinity2020:
You will not understand. Some words are better left unsaid. My application was not perfect. God did it all. So don't underestimate the power of God. He did it for me. Period!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tarry:

I remember your case and I am really surprise at your visa decision, have you requested for your CGMS, please I will like you to share it with us when you do
Yes, I got some1 to help me with it, nw waiting for their feedback.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
thesoj:
I'm not trying to start a debate with you. I just want you to realize that statements you make on here will impact a lot of people who have yet to apply. Because you got your TRV doesn't mean you should go ahead and encourage people (even if unintentionally) to put in mediocre applications "because grace/prayers/god will be sufficient" (quotes are mine). You applied for a TRV for a thesis masters course that was funded, of course the VO is more likely to approve your app even if imperfect. But most applicants don't have your profile.

If you really did think that grace/prayers/god is sufficient, you should have applied for the TRV without any supporting documents and see if you would have gotten the TRV; of course you wouldn't have! So stop suggesting that people apply with mediocre applications because "prayer". I am not expressing an opinion on if people should pray or not, all I am highlighting is that it is not a substitute for a well put-together application.

My second point in the post you replied to is about being sensitive towards other people. I think we should all keep this in mind.
while i agree with you bro, a PGC(D) applicant would provide mediocre application and will hardly scale through.most atimes you can hardly hear PHD applicants here even with glaring loop holes they still get approved.i don't think i have seen any PHD applicant active on this thread get refused.same is applicable to masters applicants on scholarship or funding a VO would always be convinced that they are genuine students and would rarely pay attention to lapses in their applicaton except blatant concerning issues. But let PGC(D) applicant try leaving somethings undone,the individual is willingly providing pathway for the VO to discard the application.if prayer and fasting was about getting visa i wouldnt have been refused on just that mere reason cos my sponsor's monthly earning which is clearly stated on her payslips can still cover the remaining 1million in reference to the current exchange rate which another VO might still consider me if i appeared in the category of genuine students as it seems to them.in essence do the right thing 1st then grace, destiny and God's time for you can come to play.The truth is we all might not be meant for canada. There are other study destinations with Good international incentives.Mc loff before his dead said if your time never reach brother bone struggling cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 1:35am On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=Mabs16 post=48889620]

Thanks boss.

Will it be too early to start an application for September fall 2017 in January,2017?[/q

Advisable you start from now, most schools have a deadline of December for applications. Very few allow up to January. If you are looking at fall of 2017. I'd advise u start now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adegbiteboy85: 3:30am On Sep 08, 2016
@Ajayi thanks for the enlightenment so far.
Please am planning to apply for next year fall admission to a MUN for Masters Degree.
I already have a Masters degree in Nigeria in a similar course but my question is "Can I use my masters transcript only to seek admission for Masters in Canada or they only accept Bsc? Or should I send both transcript (Bsc and Masters)to enhance a better chance of admission?
Thanks
[quote author=Ajayi4 post=49154014]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Toluwaase(m): 4:01am On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks everyone on this forum for making it tick. The forum in itself is a proof that Nigeria can take its place as a knowledge-driven economy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Toluwaase(m): 4:07am On Sep 08, 2016
michV:
while i agree with you bro, a PGC(D) applicant would provide mediocre application and will hardly scale through.most atimes you can hardly hear PHD applicants here even with glaring loop holes they still get approved.i don't think i have seen any PHD applicant active on this thread get refused.same is applicable to masters applicants on scholarship or funding a VO would always be convinced that they are genuine students and would rarely pay attention to lapses in their applicaton except blatant concerning issues. But let PGC(D) applicant try leaving somethings undone,the individual is willingly providing pathway for the VO to discard the application.if prayer and fasting was about getting visa i wouldnt have been refused on just that mere reason cos my sponsor's monthly earning which is clearly stated on her payslips can still cover the remaining 1million in reference to the current exchange rate which another VO might still consider me if i appeared in the category of genuine students as it seems to them.in essence do the right thing 1st then grace, destiny and God's time for you can come to play.The truth is we all might not be meant for canada. There are other study destinations with Good international incentives.Mc loff before his dead said if your time never reach brother bone struggling cool
I think you need to lay this issue to rest
My opinions are:
1. God hears prayers
2. If you want success, you need to work as if you've not prayed and you need to pray as if you've not worked.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Toluwaase:

I think you need to lay this issue to rest
My opinions are:
1. God hears prayers
2. If you want success, you need to work as if you've not prayed and you need to pray as if you've not worked.
grin alright. The thing is that concerned people have been deliberating on my matter since the announcement even to the extent of telling me to produce the refusal letter yesterday evening.i feel they never believed such will befall me.meanwhile i believe success is achievable when you have done the appropriate thing and prayed though some are lucky atimes which i have been a victim.if such success never happened after the right step,it means your God has a purpose for you or the almighty has laid another beautiful plan he is about to unveil or that destination you are going is not God's plan for you and even if you push harder to enter there,you might not achieve what others are achieving and you would begin to ask yourself while yours is different.TrV Cases are different in the VOs eyes.it's not all about providing huge documents but providing documents that applies to ur case.it's not all about writing 4pages but it's all about the content and details which interpret the required information even if the write up was kept short. people who slept in church,went for vigils, prayed and fasted,paid their dues,read Bible day and night and got refused,would you say their own GOD is wicked or does not answer prayers? in some cases what we attest as God's work is LUCK.If the continual presentation of my issue does not interest you,you can tell those still deliberating on it to stop and i wouldnt blame them. As @hayqinsbFX said it is not all about guruism!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CapitalCee(m): 7:51am On Sep 08, 2016
I am still waiting for the admission decision for the school I applied University of Alberta. The tuition fee for thesis based masters which I applied is CAD 8790. So what it means is that with this amount together with the mandatory minimum of CAD 10000. That's what am expected to be have in my sponsors account. Because I want to make use of my elder brothers account. Are there any additional money I am meant to add? And please house how long will the fund be in the account to qualify. Cc. Arcayo, Justwise, michV and all the broses in the house.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluseyi17(f): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2016
Infinity2020:
My application has been approved today after 20 weeks. I hope this will encourage all TRV hopefuls and to remind you that with God nothing is impossible. If God be for us who can be against us.

It took a week to approve my Visa from the date of medical ( that was God's speed).

congratulations ohhh, we shall all celebrate in Jesus name amen. I'm so excited as I expect mine too by the grace of God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2016
WOW!
Infinity2020:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 9:34am On Sep 08, 2016
thesoj,let me summarise it for you,perfect all your application,but know that the one that will perfect your app is God.Briefly,let me share story of a cousin that went for an interview at US embassy,she was facing the woman that will interview her,as the woman was asking her questions,one of the visa officers pass by and look into the VO system and the VO passing by told the one conducting the interview that he knows much about my cousin family in US,and that was all.So do your best,and leave everything for God,if you dont get it in the first time it doesnt mean you wont get it if you re-apply.
thesoj:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2016
thumbs up for this
michV:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by easyxtan: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2016
bjmme:
thesoj,let me summarise it for you,perfect all your application,but know that the one that will perfect your app is God.Briefly,let me share story of a cousin that went for an interview at US embassy,she was facing the woman that will interview her,as the woman was asking her questions,one of the visa officers pass by and look into the VO system and the VO passing by told the one conducting the interview that he knows much about my cousin family in US,and that was all.So do your best,and leave everything for God,if you dont get it in the first time it doesnt mean you wont get it if you re-apply.

@Jmme Let me come in, USA visa is where luck come in more than Canada Visa or UK visa....I have seen many people that Got USA visa on luck, where by such people do not have the necessary document to convince the Canada or UK visa officer. You can pick a shoe marker on the street , package him well with document and he can luckily by God grace get a USA visa , but you cant try that with Canada or UK. In conclusion if you give Canada what they needed, bet me, they will also give you what you need, yes we all know prayer works, but let take it out of visa application and apply right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 10:25am On Sep 08, 2016
I swear i'm tired mehn cry

Churkie:

It is really sad to hear that there are applications as old as 17 weeks still pending.I don't seem to understand what is going on at IRCC. Cmon!!!, they should respond to us in time to enable us plan our lives.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 10:26am On Sep 08, 2016
easyxtan:

@Jmme Let me come in, USA visa is where luck come in more than Canada Visa or UK visa....I have seen many people that Got USA visa on luck, where by such people do not have the necessary document to convince the Canada or UK visa officer. You can pick a shoe marker on the street , package him well with document and he can luckily by God grace get a USA visa , but you cant try that with Canada or UK. In conclusion if you give Canada what they needed, bet me, they will also give you what you need, yes we all know prayer works, but let take it out of visa application[b] and apply right[/b].

Are you saying we should all apply for masters and PHD? We have seen that what works for masters and Phd applicants rarely works for PGD/C and diploma applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Churkie:

Are you saying we should all apply for masters and PHD? We have seen that what works for masters and Phd applicants rarely works for PGD/C and diploma applicants.

grin grin @Churkie Churkie..i love this thread mehn!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2016
That's the main thing o....getting d TRV even wen school resumed 2dys back undecided

michV:
Na only pgc(d) get statistic % of record breaking for this kind of long wait. it is always painful when it turns to be refusal.e dy pain wella!!. if you get approved after such wait,e worth better thanksgiving/celebration
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2016
easyxtan:

@Jmme Let me come in, USA visa is where luck come in more than Canada Visa or UK visa....I have seen many people that Got USA visa on luck, where by such people do not have the necessary document to convince the Canada or UK visa officer. You can pick a shoe marker on the street , package him well with document and he can luckily by God grace get a USA visa , but you cant try that with Canada or UK. In conclusion if you give Canada what they needed, bet me, they will also give you what you need, yes we all know prayer works, but let take it out of visa application and apply right.

Most times this is the case, but there are always exceptions to the rule and this is where the God factor come in, MichV calls it luck but in truth it is God that makes the different but it does not mean those that pray most enjoy this miracle or those who do not have not prayed but God decide to intervene based on many factors which include prayer and some of the factors mentioned by michV like God purpose and plan and the like. However You must do you best it you want God to help you as they say heavens help only those that help themselves

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dorinska: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Hi, please I'm new to this section but not NL. I opened this account solely for this purpose. I'm a biochemistry graduate but will like to pursue a career in nursing. I'd like to take canada second degree nursing program. I dunno how to go about it. I'd like ABC steps. I'd prefer January admission if possible.
School suggestions too
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BE811APP: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Please what do these messages mean?

1. The requested documents are received on , and had been resubmitted to the CVO for processing. Kindly contact the Visa Application centre for further instructions.

after i tracked it i got dis:The requested documents are received on 08/09/2016, and had been resubmitted to the CVO for processing.

I applied for SOWP 20th June with my kids..

We got medical call 10 days after..

The embassy sent back our Passports to abuja for us to use as means of identification at the hospital..

we did that and Abuja said they will send it back..

We didnt hear from the embassy for 6 weeks after medicals..

I was bothered and i sent an email to Lagos which the acknowledged..

Now that I am getting dis message from VFS.. are they just sending back our passport to Lagos since 7 weeks plus shocked

Please help out my people!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by zeongeon: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
I had a chat with a friend who is schooling in canada doing a PGD course he left last year and i told him about the delay faced by Nigerian applicants wanting to come study in canada and he was like it seems other students from some other countries aren't facing same as this fall had many students of other countries coming in especially those wanting to do a PGD or diploma.

Secondly, a friend of mine who was going for a PGD got denied as regards insufficient fund and that he won't be leaving canada after studies...I and my friend were like "HOW" cause his family has the money wella in fact his fathers account statement was like that of a company account and he was also going for a course relating to his field of practice. My friend has decided to try the USA since his senior bro is married and lives there.

Thirdly, I know of someone who is half Togolese and half Nigerian he had to apply using his Togolese passport, left Nigeria and got his TRV within two months and he is going for PGD.

The stories above is beginning to make me think that the problem here is the disregard other countries have for Nigeria; I mean if Nigeria isn't treating its citizens right why should some other country treat Ur citizens right. The world knows Nigeria is struggling, things aren't working well and our leaders have done nothing worthy of the respect of other nations. if Nigeria was booming and blossoming the stories we hearing on here may not be the case.

People are now going to put in for MSc and PHD thinking that may be a solution, I am not trying to discourage anyone but I can bet that soon every body applying to go study in canada from Nigeria regardless of your level (Diploma, Bsc, PGD, MSC, PhD) will begin to experience long waits and unnecessary denials. The only solution is for Nigeria as a country to function well as a system and regain back its lost respect.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Tarry:

Most times this is the case, but there are always exceptions to the rule and this is where the God factor come in, MichV calls it luck but in truth it is God that makes the different but it does not mean those that pray most enjoy this miracle or those who do not have not prayed but God decide to intervene based on many factors which include prayer and some of the factors mentioned by michV like God purpose and plan and the like. However You must do you best it you want God to help you as they say heavens help only those that help themselves
Well said but dis saying: "heaven help dose who help themselves " is never in any page of the bible. Pls any1 with d page whr it is written shud kindly post it. I want 2 read it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Daarey: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
Guys, do I need to write any letter to the school stating my reason for not resuming this month?...My Offer letter has it that I can resume by sept 7 2016 or Jan 6 2017, did my biometrics on the 17th of August 2016, I'm yet to get any response from CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by stillo209(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
guru's in the house,please I need ur help I got a msg from cic that my application has bin updated only for me to log on...but no new updates on it..please what does it mean n what can I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
BE811APP:
Please what do these messages mean?

1. The requested documents are received on , and had been resubmitted to the CVO for processing. Kindly contact the Visa Application centre for further instructions.

after i tracked it i got dis:The requested documents are received on 08/09/2016, and had been resubmitted to the CVO for processing.

I applied for SOWP 20th June with my kids..

We got medical call 10 days after..

The embassy sent back our Passports to abuja for us to use as means of identification at the hospital..

we did that and Abuja said they will send it back..

We didnt hear from the embassy for 6 weeks after medicals..

I was bothered and i sent an email to Lagos which the acknowledged..

Now that I am getting dis message from VFS.. are they just sending back our passport to Lagos since 7 weeks plus shocked

Please help out my people!!!

Since the medical was the only thing they requested from you, it means they have received it and have added it to your other documents at the Canada visa office, proceesing your application. The date is likely indicative of the day tracked not when they received it. Contact the VAC for further instructions as directed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
michV:
My brother you are a wise man and you always say the truth without being fake. All man has his or her destiny so let no man tell you your prayers were not enough for God.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chinuaj: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Your analysis is so myopic..Pple can get USA visa by God's grace but Gods grace doesn't work for Canada.. Listen to yourself.

@Jmme Let me come in, USA visa is where luck come in more than Canada Visa or UK visa....I have seen many people that Got USA visa on luck, where by such people do not have the necessary document to convince the Canada or UK visa officer. You can pick a shoe marker on the street , package him well with document and he can luckily by God grace get a USA visa , but you cant try that with Canada or UK. In conclusion if you give Canada what they needed, bet me, they will also give you what you need, yes we all know prayer works, but let take it out of visa application and apply right.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.