Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908659 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please I need some advice.

My younger brother graduated with a BSc. Microbiology(with a 2.2). So he wants to go for a postgraduate diploma in Biology or Microbiology in Canada.

Please, I would like to know affordable schools where he can acquire a postgraduate diploma in one year.

Also, I would like to have an estimate for living expenses for one year.

Please, I am looking forward to great suggestions. Thank you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
The P.I must have an ongoing funded research.

DatechMan:
Morning guys,

I need help contacting supervisors.

Must the supervisor be a prof or an associate prof is ok.

Must he have an ongoing (funded) research group or it is needless.

Any hint will be appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Hello guys, please help her out. Don't snub anyone cuz we all need other.

Thanks a lot sir/ma. I am so grateful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
IHate9ja1:

They didn't reply my mail!
I have paid!
Forwarded my document via email! It's an option if you choose not to upload it.
Did you apply to lambton?
Are you experiencing the same issue of them not mailing you
lambton do respond to mails.. just wait tI'll monday

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by maziude: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jumybecks:
Good day everyone.
Please I really need your help on how to secure a MSC programme in any university on Canada. I studied microbiology (UG) and I intend going for MSC in Biotechnology.
Profileb][/b]
UG CGPA- 4.51/5.0
GRE- 304
Toefl/Ielts - not yet written.

Hope it's not too late to start application for fall 2017?
B.'S - I've sent tonnes of emails to supervisors but none replied.
Please any input is welcome. Thank you

Most schools deadline is february 28 2017... atleast, I know of ottawa because I applied there...but then you can always check to verify...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Kindly stay away from Bsc if you can. I will explore express entry if I were you.

Thanks sir. Actually, we considered express entry but despite our good IELTS scores, my age and hubby's together with our level of tertiary education won't let our scores get high enough and so provincial nomination will be the last option... On the other hand, New Brunswick is a preferred province because we have a few friends there, sadly the province is not big on nominations now so the idea of student visa occured to us...

Meanwhile, the reason I am not doing a PGD is because University of New Brunswick does not offer PGDs so Bsc is my only option as i am not allowed to go for a Masters straightaway as an HND. Kindly note also that the Bsc will only run for 2 yrs not 4yrs and i plan to take on an MBA
right after...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
ifydio:
lambton do respond to mails.. just wait tI'll monday

Which email did you use to communicate with them?
Mine wasn't replied and repeated calls to them by my friend in British Columbia yielded no results

Assist with the email you used

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Curlie:

Thanks sir. Actually, we considered express entry but despite our good IELTS scores, my age and hubby's together with our level of tertiary education won't let our scores get high enough and so provincial nomination will be the last option... On the other hand, New Brunswick is a preferred province because we have a few friends there, sadly the province is not big on nominations now so the idea of student visa occured to us...

Meanwhile, the reason I am not doing a PGD is because University of New Brunswick does not offer PGDs so Bsc is my only option as i am not allowed to go for a Masters straightaway as an HND. Kindly note also that the Bsc will only run for 2 yrs not 4yrs and i plan to take on an MBA
right after...

Ok. I don't know much about it. You may risk it if you want to or also check colleges that offer PGD in your UG field. Doesn't not necessarily have to be in New Brunswick. Just get PGD admission in your HND field.That is better to sell to VO than Bsc story. Or let your hubby consider the study route if he has a better academic profile. All in all, we just try to make things less stressful for them to understand as our oga.

Keep rechecking EE too cos the scores are dropping.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Igbouwanile post=53836571][/quote]

Thanks a lot sir. I am still reading up on the pages and hope to finish soon.

We considered express entry but despite our good IELTS scores, my age and hubby's together with our level of tertiary education won't let our scores get high enough and so provincial nomination is the last option... On the other hand, New Brunswick is a preferred province because we have a few friends there, sadly the province is not 'big' on nominations now so the idea of student visa occurred to us...

There is no problems with the POF, it has been in fixed deposit for over 12months... Thanks for your concern on 'family support'. I have done a lot of research on available schools for the kids and found out everything is in the University environment and that is where we also hope to reside. We seem to have all those covered, living expenses and all. Hubby won't leave Naija, he will be visiting as often as he can...

My only concern however, is on the student visa... I am being treated as a 'transfer student' The University will admit me to year 3 so i will complete the Bsc program in 2yrs and may do another 1yr MBA... Like I said, I do not have any issues with this arrangement but only on how to convince the VO on my plans. I actually wish I can be referred to anyone here who had had a similar case.

Thanks again for your advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Ok. I don't know much about it. You may risk it if you want to or also check colleges that offer PGD in your UG field. Doesn't not necessarily have to be in New Brunswick. Just get PGD admission in your HND field.That is better to sell to VO than Bsc story. Or let your hubby consider the study route if he has a better academic profile. All in all, we just try to make things less stressful for them to understand as our oga.

Keep rechecking EE too cos the scores are dropping.

Thanks Osemigho, I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Austinpee4:

Madam, from your profile and especially the bold statements, this intention may be a very dicey step to make as it will be quite difficult to convience a visa officer why a sudden interest in the same program and at the same level(even though there is little disparity between both) after a good working experience while also considering your age and family situation.

Also, you will have to prove to them how you intend to cope for 4 years with 2kids and family issues too. In this case, the shorter the year(s) of program,the better your chances.
This is not to discourage you but just to see reasons from a perspective that is more realistic.

I think you should apply for a higher degree instead. That way, you would be showing academic progression and also career advancement. 8 years of work experience in itself and in all sense can get one well at the TOP level of management and any academic intentions should project that path or even higher.

Other circumstances(kids,sponsorship) surrounding your study intention should come up when you have the major highlight of your profile as presented here tackled.It's clearly your PURPOSE OF VISIT. Please, do well by addressing it before you eventually apply for a study permit.

All the best to you.

Thanks sir. I am being treated as a 'transfer' student into year 3. So as against 4yrs, the Bsc program will run for 2yrs...

We have it planned, hubby stays back here working. We have found a school and after hours arrangement for the kids and all these will be on the school campus where we plan to stay. I am just wondering how best to convince a VO and get the visa.

I heard a case of a rejected application and the University offered to get an immigration lawyer for the applicant to use. Please can anyone confirm this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Ok. Close with thank you and salutation. Remove the faith aspect, You don't know who you are dealing with.

Personalise and send to many in different schools. You may need to resend around July against fall 2018.

Comment when you see this. We need to modify and delete to avoid plagiarism.

Lol, same thought. someone over there said including words like; please, I pray, I hope, shows you don't have self confidence Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
abdulkabirtobi:

I think your best bet will be a credit transfer(a kind of d. e program we do here) to a university in Canada, some universities accept that, I'm aware university of Manitoba do if it's not more than 10yrs u left school,you can mail the school for a more precise info on that

Sure, that's exactly what it is... I will be admitted to year 3 and finish the degree program in 2yrs and may then do a year MBA thereafter...

Thanks sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Good day my people. I have been away and glad to be back here.
MichV, Folaroyal, Osemigho, Yemdogg, Mikimiko, Igbouwanile, Austinpee and other members, I greet you all.

@Osemigho, congrats on your admission to UofC (No more 'I am just an admission seeker').
@Igbouwanile, congrats too. TRV is sure for you both... Amen.

I am still very much around, yet to travel with my TRV smiling at me everyday. Summer/spring resumption in view.

@Folaroyal, I will align with you regarding ticket when the time is due.

I wish all admission seekers and TRV hopefuls good news.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Curlie:

Thanks a lot sir/ma. I am so grateful

You are welcome ma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:
MichV, Folaroyal, Osemigho, Yemdogg, Mikimiko, Igbouwanile, Austinpee and other members, I greet you all.

@Osemigho, congrats on your admission to UofC (No more 'I am just an admission seeker').

I am still very much around, yet to travel with my TRV smiling at me everyday. Summer/spring resumption in view.

Yes boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:

Lol. Welcome. profile updated to I am just an accepted student yet to apply for visa. cool

Wish us all the best. It will end with praises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please, did anyone applied for a MSC in public health at the university of Saskatchewan for fall? I applied already, and am wondering how long it takes them to review an application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:
I greet you too boss! Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:

babe i greet you wella .base on logistics you are highly welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
roughdiamond:
Please house I need your help. My friend applied for a work visa in Canada which is promising by his grace. But it was stated that he will get permanent residence after three years. My question is ; can he travel out of Canada during the period of waiting for the PR? He is just bothered because there will imminent need for him to travel within that period. Please ignore my ignorance and answer my question. Thanks
There are two phases to his travel approval... A work permit (a paper allowing your to work) and a TRV (allow movement in and out of Canada).... There's no holding you bound!..
If your trv allows you multiple access to travel in and out of Canada.... Why not!
If the trv is short or expired and you need to travel... Simply apply for extension; in as much as your work permit is valid.
Travelling out of Canada can only have implications after PR and preparing for Nationalization.... When you have to proof you have stronger ties in Canada than other countries.... Including home country.
I hope you are situated appropriately with this?
Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Curlie:

Thanks sir. I am being treated as a 'transfer' student into year 3. So as against 4yrs, the Bsc program will run for 2yrs...

We have it planned, hubby stays back here working. We have found a school and after hours arrangement for the kids and all these will be on the school campus where we plan to stay. I am just wondering how best to convince a VO and get the visa.

I heard a case of a rejected application and the University offered to get an immigration lawyer for the applicant to use. Please can anyone confirm this?
Well, if you can really and widely point out how the program is going to better your chances moving forward in your career while also discussing the limitations you have been having due to the disparity in HND and BSC, you could make the VO see the bigger picture in your pursuit for this program.
You can also talk about the 8 years experience you've had which was as a result of the job you got immediately you completed your HND with a distinction and because you have this hunger to reach the highest height in your profession, the limitations in your HND as against a BSC is stalling this and it is why you have opted for the program so you can get a degree in accounting that will give you a foremost advantage of securing an MBA which is your utmost desire to better equip and prepare you for top level managerial position upon return to nigeria. You have to be as detailed as possible.

Your career plan and pattern must be clearly spelt out from step to step on how you intend to achieve them if your study permit is approved for this program.
Remember, you have a wealth of experience in your field and this must also be reflective in how your SOP is drafted and what your desirables will be from a 2 years undergrad program to an MBA in the long run.

How this will be achieved will be more interesting to not just a VO but yourself too. Start from a premise of conviencing yourself then translate in to a VO point of view and clear any rising doubt.

About a univerisity getting an immig lawyer, i think they always want to know the circumstances surrounding a refusal first before they get involved. If it's worth a review, they can help but this is usually in a rare case.

All the best to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matic12: 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Flawless1988:
Please, did anyone applied for a MSC in public health at the university of Saskatchewan for fall? I applied already, and am wondering how long it takes them to review an application.

I applied to University of Manitoba.. what course did you study in your undergraduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:

Present Sir!!
No problem... here for each other!!
Spring Team loading....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by finebabynoni: 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Seniors in the house, please I need help and guidance in writing a strong VO SOP.

In summary, I have undergraduate degree in philosophy and applying for Masters in public policy. I have over 10 yrs of banking experience, currently a head of operations. I have 3 kids, (2 american citizens, 1 a baby). Self sponsor. I intend applying alone first and then apply for my family to join me after a month.

How do I convince the VO that I am not a flight risk? How do I explain leaving my baby in Nigeria? Amongst others. Please advice
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abiodunne: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please how do i get to Qlife family clinic from Ajah? I need directions urgently. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Olanrewaju92(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Flawless1988:

I applied too. M.A Sociology and it's consuming time. How many months would be left after admission letter has been dispatched to start TRV processing. I wonder maybe they don't tell them CIC delay visa application for more that 4-5 months. Come to think of it, we're to resume by September. Let's wait and see the end of this month as the paramount issue is securing the admission. It would end in praise by the grace of Almighty Allah.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Curlie:

Thanks a lot sir. I am still reading up on the pages and hope to finish soon.

We considered express entry but despite our good IELTS scores, my age and hubby's together with our level of tertiary education won't let our scores get high enough and so provincial nomination is the last option... On the other hand, New Brunswick is a preferred province because we have a few friends there, sadly the province is not 'big' on nominations now so the idea of student visa occurred to us...

There is no problems with the POF, it has been in fixed deposit for over 12months... Thanks for your concern on 'family support'. I have done a lot of research on available schools for the kids and found out everything is in the University environment and that is where we also hope to reside. We seem to have all those covered, living expenses and all. Hubby won't leave Naija, he will be visiting as often as he can...

My only concern however, is on the student visa... I am being treated as a 'transfer student' The University will admit me to year 3 so i will complete the Bsc program in 2yrs and may do another 1yr MBA... Like I said, I do not have any issues with this arrangement but only on how to convince the VO on my plans. I actually wish I can be referred to anyone here who had had a similar case.

Thanks again for your advise.

i got ur point in de 1st paragraph, am convinced of ur study option.

i grab ur explanation in de 2nd paragraph, i understand ur detailed hint as wel.

on de last paragraph am fully knowledgeable of ur details.. but on convincing de VO i tink a well detailed letter of explanation of ur study plans will do, say ur reason of transferring & future plans.. if u can get a letter/docs. from a top notch in ur dept/sch to proove de genuinety and clear intentions of ur study plans dat will b lovely.. peruse all de concerns abt ur present sch & de 1 u are transferin 2 in Canny & recall points dat ar necessary 2b stated in ur explanations..

u've tried in takin care of several things as regards ur app.

try out what i told u, dnt knw any1 2 refer u 2, bt am hopeful u wil get replies here wen u ask questions..

my quota..
gudluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
finebabynoni:
Seniors in the house, please I need help and guidance in writing a strong VO SOP.

In summary, I have undergraduate degree in philosophy and applying for Masters in public policy. I have over 10 yrs of banking experience, currently a head of operations. I have 3 kids, (2 american citizens, 1 a baby). Self sponsor. I intend applying alone first and then apply for my family to join me after a month.

How do I convince the VO that I am not a flight risk? How do I explain leaving my baby in Nigeria? Amongst others. Please advice
Thank you
Please, in order not to waste the loads of time committed/required in this journey... Pls pls pls look back and straighten the bolded above!!!
Or else we will be back here battling purpose of visit.
10 years is not 10 weeks oooo... This wealth of experience has simply overshadowed you UG course!!!..
My advise: get a Masters degree (probably MBA or in Banking Operations)) directly related to your line of work experience... NOT undergraduate related lailai!!
That's about the only route that will show genuineness and career progression.... and of course the main story a VO wants to hear you say.
When we get to the TRV bridge, we'll cross it... Just note that even the 2 US citizens will not appear as applicants and only show on family form. Your spouse and mother are reliable as both ties and carers for your baby.
I have seen on occasions where GCMS notes read " i am approving PA but refusing accompanying child because the purpose of visit is primarily to study and not babysitting"... Am sure many of us remembers this line..
Best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.