Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,424 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911707 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matic12: 11:47am On Feb 20, 2017
Blackanada:
Hello house, I've been following this thread for a while now but this is my first time posting.

I have a questions

I was granted a full funded admission to study in Canada, and my sister is also awaiting admission. My dads closing SOA will be enough to cover my sisters tuition and living expenses, but I read in this forum that even if you have full funding you need to present SOA. So I'm a little bit worried that if I use my dads SOA, it will affect my sisters application.

I need help with this!

If we both apply, with the same SOA, will they somehow link up our both applications? Will my dad be required to declare all his children and that he's sponsoring both of us (even though I am fully funded)?

Since I've gotten my admission early, I'm considering applying with my dad's current SOA (₦3mil) plus my full funding. And probably like by june my dad will add extra money to the account and make an SOA (closing ₦6mil) and we'll apply for my sister.

Will this be okay?

Please I need urgent guidance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

.finished 2013, did EHORECON 2014, did HSE 2015 and 2016
Well... I cant even see your NYSC reflecting anywhere in all of this if you finished 2013..... Moreso, the certifications have spoken for the gap you intend to cover... isn't?
What is your proposed program?... I hope all these trainings/certifications are in line? Cos if not... Hnmmm!! Remember it affected someone..
Then.... Try and make your application Vs supporting documents as clear as most possible... Cos if its not clear to you or me...a VO will struggle to understand.
Regards.
I didn't go for nysc!
I studied environmental health technology {HND}, too 2 undergraduate courses in occupational health and safety, took it as a course during Ehorecon, took it as a course during my health and safety training also. I applied for Pgc in occupational health and safety management? To you does it tag along?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Buumi(f): 11:55am On Feb 20, 2017
Hi. I ve been following this section and it has been a huge help to me. Thanks guys. I recently got a study permit to do a one year PGD program starting May 2017 in Toronto. I want to purchase a one way ticket because it's what I can afford right now. I ve asked around and was told I can do that, but I still want to be really sure it won't be an issue at the border. Pls help me with a good answer guys... thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:57am On Feb 20, 2017
olatuns2016:
Good morning house....
At gurus....@osemigho @igbouwanile @mikimiko
Pls kinly help out ....I intend to seek admission into university in canada...
My UC is econs with a cgpa of 3.46 n 4 yrs work experience in finance.
Pls kindly suggest school that can accept 2.2 for mba or economics...
I think I can also go 4 a course in finance because of my experience n UC study?? ?what do u guys tink?
Pls urgent response ....

Thanks

have u done research in any school yet, which school are u looking at & what program start date do u have in mind?

get answers to the questions.. letz c de way forward
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matic12: 11:58am On Feb 20, 2017
Blackanada:
Hello house, I've been following this thread for a while now but this is my first time posting.

I have a questions

I was granted a full funded admission to study in Canada, and my sister is also awaiting admission. My dads closing SOA will be enough to cover my sisters tuition and living expenses, but I read in this forum that even if you have full funding you need to present SOA. So I'm a little bit worried that if I use my dads SOA, it will affect my sisters application.

I need help with this!

If we both apply, with the same SOA, will they somehow link up our both applications? Will my dad be required to declare all his children and that he's sponsoring both of us (even though I am fully funded)?

Since I've gotten my admission early, I'm considering applying with my dad's current SOA (₦3mil) plus my full funding. And probably like by june my dad will add extra money to the account and make an SOA (closing ₦6mil) and we'll apply for my sister.

Will this be okay?

Please I need urgent guidance.

Based on my own opinion, it advisable you guys use different sponsor because am damn sure VO would link the SOA if you guys are to use your dad.....
since you would be fully funded, you can get a family member who would be willing to put down his/her SOA for you and let your sister use your dad has her sponsor...

VO are psychologist and you shouldn't play mind games with them. I hope this cent helps..

However, which university did you apply, what course and were you able to secure a potential advisor?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
Buumi:
Hi. I ve been following this section and it has been a huge help to me. Thanks guys. I recently got a study permit to do a one year PGD program starting May 2017 in Toronto. I want to purchase a one way ticket because it's what I can afford right now. I ve asked around and was told I can do that, but I still want to be really sure it won't be an issue at the border. Pls help me with a good answer guys... thanks.

go ahead its never an issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
hustla:

Which email did you use to communicate with them?
Mine wasn't replied and repeated calls to them by my friend in British Columbia yielded no results

Assist with the email you used

Thanks

U can mail to Ruth.Kember@lambtoncollege.ca and Jun.Zhu@lambtoncollege.ca... when I had issues verifying my tuition payment, Ruth Kember was helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Abiodunne:
Please how do i get to Qlife family clinic from Ajah? I need directions urgently. Thanks
I'm probably replying late....get to sandfield. ...u can either get a bike or keke is not that far from there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
Buumi:

Hmmmm. Congrats ooooo. But you know do well oooo. U are silent follower and you have gained a lot here and it has been a huge help. Now u have ur TRV. What I expect from u Bumex is to give back to the house. How u packaged your study permit application. Advice pgd/pgc applicants on what u did. Post ur documents here so ppple can also learn one or two things from ur app.
Well as for your request I believe it not an issue to be bothered about. Ask Yemdogg and the rest. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
matic12:

Based on my own opinion, it advisable you guys use different sponsor because am damn sure VO would link the SOA if you guys are to use your dad.....
since you would be fully funded, you can get a family member who would be willing to put down his/her SOA for you and let your sister use your dad has her sponsor...

VO are psychologist and you shouldn't play mind games with them. I hope this cent helps..

However, which university did you apply, what course and were you able to secure a potential advisor?

Someone on this platform uses same documents with the sister for TRV and both of them got it same sponsor. I will check through if I see the post I will paste it here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by onegoodturnday: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good Morning All,

I am not quite sure if I am to post this here or on the EE thread but please just bear with me as I am torn in between decisions. The answers I get here will really help.

I was recently denied a study visa and I am thinking of reapplying because the reason given for the rejection is not a big deal and I think I can tackle it if I re-apply.

Please see my profile below:

- I have HND lower credit +NIM, applied for PGC

- Wife has BSC (2.2) + IT Certification

- No kids yet

- We are yet to write the IELTS

- Wife occupation is NOC band A

- My occupation is NOC band B

- Wife’s age 30

- My age 32

- My work experience- 8 yrs

- Wife’s work experience – 4 years in total

My question is:

- Would you advise that I re-apply for the study visa?

- If yes, how soon can we apply for SOWP if I get the TRV?

- If Express Entry, Who should be the principal applicant? Me or wife

- With a good score at IELTS say band 7 - 8, do we stand a chance of getting into the pool or should I not just bother and just apply for study permit?

- Is study visa and SOWP a sure way to immigrate?

Thanks a million for your anticipated responses.

PS: I don't want to be a coward for not reapplying as it looks like am closer to relocating without my wife though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Alexissanchezz: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon: January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route.
4. Tuzinde: February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne: October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical mail 14th february

Thanks to henrico. Adjusted. cool

submitted mine on feb 16 paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=onegoodturnday post=53887063]Good Morning All,
I was recently denied a study visa and I am thinking of reapplying because the reason given for the rejection is not a big deal and I think I can tackle it if I re-apply.
-
Would you advise that I re-apply for the study visa?
lots of factors will determine if you should re-apply for study visa or not. no one can tell you except you share your profile and your propose course with current job profile and undergraduate course.

-
If Express Entry, Who should be the principal applicant? Me or wife
your wife should apply as the principal applicant because of age and the course she studied.

-
With a good score at IELTS say band 7 - 8, do we stand a chance of getting into the pool
your wife has a very good chance of entering into the pool. with english test score of probably 8.0,7,8.0,7.5 LWSR, you should get a score of 400+ what would have given her advantage is had it been she has HND result (HND gives more point than B.sc).

-
Is study visa and SOWP a sure way to immigrate?
Both study visa and skill migration are both sure way only if you do your analysis very well with your profile.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by onegoodturnday: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=penitential post=53887559][/quote] that was insightful. My course was civil engineering,applied for PGC . was rejected based on personal asset and financial status and travel history. I was supposed to resume in may 2017. If I do not re-apply,I would have to wait till may 2018 to enter for the course again.

If I really want to study
-I must apply again immediately,if not till next year as there is no session for September 2017.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Just the same course with me. Anyway, i will advise you go through skill migration if you can be patient enough. But for that PGC, i guess you're going for construction management? if that is the case, please i will advise you change lane. Same program i submitted application for then. i will advise you check other options.
onegoodturnday:
that was insightful. My course was civil engineering,applied for PGC . was rejected based on personal asset and financial status and travel history. I was supposed to resume in may 2017. If I do not re-apply,I would have to wait till may 2018 to enter for the course again.

If I really want to study
-I must apply again immediately,if not till next year as there is no session for September 2017.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
IHate9ja1:

I didn't go for nysc!
I studied environmental health technology {HND}, too 2 undergraduate courses in occupational health and safety, took it as a course during Ehorecon, took it as a course during my health and safety training also. I applied for Pgc in occupational health and safety management? To you does it tag along?
Truly am confused..or maybe i am just the one not getting it...... nd then....., were yu excused or got a waiver from NYSC ni?.. It's actually a prerequisite as part of docs to be submitted in support of Academics .... If am right?
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

Truly am confused..or maybe i am just the one not getting it...... nd then....., were yu excused or got a waiver from NYSC ni?.. It's actually a prerequisite as part of docs to be submitted in support of Academics .... If am right?
Regards.
@bolded, N.Y.S.C cert is not really compulsory. academic transcripts is more important than that. Many TRV success without discharge cert.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Alexissanchezz: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
penitential:
Just the same course with me. Anyway, i will advise you go through skill migration if you can be patient enough. But for that PGC, i guess you're going for construction management? if that is the case, please i will advise you change lane. Same program i submitted application for then. i will advise you check other options.

please i applied for a study permit 16 feb nd my start date is 4th april is there any way i can get a study permit by then

copy of igcse- stamped
50 mil closing balance
transcripts ( 2 years)
assets
letter of sponsor
reciept of fees
ielts
graduation certificate (secondary school)
all forms complete without mistake
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Alexissanchezz: 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
hello please someone help me nd reply I'm really really nervous
i applied for a study permit on the 16th feb, paper route and my school start date is on the 4th of april please is there any way it can come out before then my school sent the embassy an email and also my online tracking says it has been forwarded to the ghana embassy I'm nervous
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
penitential:

@bolded, N.Y.S.C cert is not really compulsory. academic transcripts is more important than that. Many TRV success without discharge cert.
Ohhh ok... Jus need to be sure cos its on a checklist i printed out a while ago. @ IdontHate9ja1.... I feel your proposed program is well in line with your UG.... But please build a solid sop in support of your application and there you can mention your additional achievements as it correlates with your career.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
Alexissanchezz:
i applied for a study permit on the 16th feb, paper route and my school start date is on the 4th of april please is there any way it can come out before then my school sent the embassy an email and also my online tracking says it has been forwarded to the ghana embassy I'm nervous

firstly you dont have to be nervous, be hopeful and believe it would com out good. No one can say precisely wen ur trv might come out cox this is solely dependent on the VO, my advice for u is pray for divine speed from God, I have personally seen trv approved in 5-6wks on different occasions even the so called pdg/pgc that usually takes more time, have seen pgd app approved in 6wks (that was in 2016). pray ur case shud be different. thats all bro. all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by voni4life(f): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
@Osemigho post.Thank you for the advise,but u won't understand. Where do you want me to invite her to ?

At this time, i need guidelines.

At 25, she is ripe for marriage. Invite her to come and read with us.

No harm intended. Just believe she's grown enough for you stop "babysitting" her. Thanks. [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Alexissanchezz: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eraytee:

firstly you dont have to be nervous, be hopeful and believe it would com out good. No one can say precisely wen ur trv might come out cox this is solely dependent on the VO, my advice for u is pray for divine speed from God, I have personally seen trv approved in 5-6wks on different occasions even the so called pdg/pgc that usually takes more time, have seen pgd app approved in 6wks (that was in 2016). pray ur case shud be different. thats all bro. all the best.
thank you God bless you
can i send the embassy an email and would it make an impact
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

Regards.
We only get nysc exception letter which isn't ready till date!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
If you have a fully funded admission, what's the (minimum) bank statement you should have?

@Osemigho @Folaroyal @michV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Alexissanchezz:

thank you God bless you
can i send the embassy an email and would it make an impact

nope cox ur application is still within the window of processing time. just chill bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by akinola12345: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
Alexissanchezz:
relax u might be lucky its just three months or less
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
penitential:

Thanks for your contributions sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

Ohhh ok... Jus need to be sure cos its on a checklist i printed out a while ago. @ IdontHate9ja1.... I feel your proposed program is well in line with your UG.... But please build a solid sop in support of your application and there you can mention your additional achievements as it correlates with your career.
Regards
Would get it across to you when it's all done! Am working with a Nairalander on my SOP, he has helped me a great deal!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
ifydio:

U can mail to Ruth.Kember@lambtoncollege.ca and Jun.Zhu@lambtoncollege.ca... when I had issues verifying my tuition payment, Ruth Kember was helpful

Thankssss
I'll be sure to do that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello house
How long does it usually take to get a final decision from the embassy after medical mail and after medical have been passed.
The wait eeh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.