Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910851 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
You're right. Online applications are not only processed in Ghana, but I don't think it favours any particular level of applicants. Yes, I was refused last year due to insufficient funds, but what I did to tackle it was pay more attention to the fees and fund section of my form, pay the full tuition (14,500 for the guy asked how much) and boost my account from 600k-1m and my sponsor's from 4.5-7.6m coupled with prayers. And voilà! It did the trick. Omo, you guys are gurus. I learned so much here. I didn't even order for my gcms note.
I genuinely pray for anyone expecting his or her TRV you'll definitely soon experience this joy I'm experiencing. Amen

[quote author=michV post=49342553]Congratulations...this is ur 2nd application right? Go safely to VFS in JOY and come back and give us the details of the Genesis of your application to encourage more especially those refused. From my deduction,it is like online application favours PGC(D) which can be processed anywhere there is Canadian embassy than this ruthless Accra embassylipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks. I will make you proud. Lol. I dey bake another one for u. That guy deserves the full cake biko
Churkie:

@esteechris, congrats. Go and succeed in Canada. Please don't forget to pass across the cake before you port.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Congratulations once more for the clarification.
esteechris:
You're right. Online applications are not only processed in Ghana, but I don't think it favours any particular level of applicants. Yes, I was refused last year due to insufficient funds, but what I did to tackle it was pay more attention to the fees and fund section of my form, pay the full tuition (14,500 for the guy asked how much) and boost my account from 600k-1m and my sponsor's from 4.5-7.6m coupled with prayers. And voilà! It did the trick. Omo, you guys are gurus. I learned so much here. I didn't even order for my gcms note.
I genuinely pray for anyone expecting his or her TRV you'll definitely soon experience this joy I'm experiencing. Amen

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks Sir, it is indeed..
jj17cv:
@esteechris
Congrats this good news for pgc & pgd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
@Michv I think I agree o...online app seems more favourable

michV:
Congratulations...this is ur 2nd application right? Go safely to VFS in JOY and come back and give us the details of the Genesis of your application to encourage more especially those refused. From my deduction,it is like online application favours PGC(D) which can be processed anywhere there is Canadian embassy than this ruthless Accra embassylipsrsealed percentage testimony from 2015 till 2016 on this thread might justify this claim if you have done the right thing during application via online route.my thought though...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Mikymiko:
Congratulations once more for the clarification.

Amen.
Congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
esteechris:
Thanks Sir, it is indeed..

Thank you for your post. I am also going for PGC at Conestoga and I intend paying my full fees too. Sponsors account exceeds 10m so I am quiet hopeful. Your post was just the boost I needed. Thank

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Yes. It's a 1 year program.
iyobs7:

When you mean full fees, is it for the entire duration of the course or for a year?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Is it compulsory to pay the school fees?
esteechris:
Yes. It's a 1 year program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
esteechris:
babe it favours oo,i can start naming successful PGC(D) it favoured during re-application, @Kriss77 @igwenusa @hayqinsbFX these are active Nairalanders on this thread and guru(s) it favoured. There are some oo but this is the popular monikers i am familiar with but if the vo faults ones purpose of studies/program for PGC e no dy easy oo during re-application na to change program level or course! But for insufficient funds, once you have the right sponsor/huge sums/proof of relationship docs,you are good to go. don't mind my already typographical errors captured below by @esteechris
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tayhor1234(f): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Pls is there any one attending Wilfred Laurier university and Thompson Rivers University?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
baba jengbe after I don go for like 7 classes for school already....
Thanks for the advise tho....Just that i forgot maggi...
Jengbetiele:

Do you still need advise? Hehehehe It is allowed put it into transparent nylon. All food should be in your main luggage. Egusi is allowed, maggi chicken flavor not beef flavour if you bring beef flavour, or anything you bring that has beef in it they will seize it o.Also woods are not allowed, wood in the sense of agbo. However the officer said if the agbo is sprinkled with a little water or alcohol it will fly. Meat is not allowed. Also diary products are not allowed or anything that has milk pepper will fly, crayfish will fly, garri will fly, poundo will fly. However, Yam is not allowed i recently brought yam they siezed it cry cry cry. But the officer said next time i could peel the yam and ensure it looked fresh then it will fly

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineinstein(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
bosypumpin:
Hi everyone
Greetings from U of Manitoba.
Winnipeg.

Someone asked a question that I would like to respond to. Nigerian applicants were really affected this year.
My class was suppossed to be 15 graduate students in all. I am the only dark skinned lady at the faculty of law as a whole and there are just 4 graduate student- myself, an indian, 2 canadians.

Manitoba is beautiful and deserving of repackaging if delayed.
Cheers to every applicant and to the hopefuls.
i am working towards studying mech enginering in manitoba( spring session)....i hope to see u in future

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yetus: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
You have asked questions that shows you have not done your homework (reading thru prev thread because it helped me)
Anyway, you have to inform your sister to tell them @ the bank that the statement is going to the embassy. I guess she was given an individual statement not for official purpose. My bank once did same, I was about leaving d bank when I was making mockery of d guy because he's a friend & he signed d statement say him signature don go international. It was @ that point he asked me why I want it. I told him, he collected & tore immediately. He then had to do another with another type of letter head. So you have to open up to them & make sure the bank also gives u a letter (all stamped & signed). Good luck
quote author=Rproxy88 post=49348328]

Na wah ohhh d way some people take things too personal if I come b dummy and chose to dey ask one same question till I get it in my own language Na bad thing? Abi is dat not wot we guys r here for? Nigerians[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
At all. It's not compulsory.

pepe4reps:
Is it compulsory to pay the school fees?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oh well, CIC and their selective methods of approval. Very unpredictable.

michV:
babe it favours oo,i can start naming successful PGC(D) it favoured during re-application, @Kriss77 @igwenusa @hayqinsbFX these are active Nairalanders in this thread and guru(s) it favoured. There are some oo but this is the popular monikers i am familiar with but if the vo faults ones purpose of studies/program for PGC e no dy easy oo during re-application na to change program level or course! But for insufficient funds ones you have the right sponsor/huge sums/proof of relationship docs,u r Good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:
babe it favours oo,i can start naming successful PGC(D) it favoured during re-application, @Kriss77 @igwenusa @hayqinsbFX these are active Nairalanders in this thread and guru(s) it favoured. There are some oo but this is the popular monikers i am familiar with but if the vo faults ones purpose of studies/program for PGC e no dy easy oo during re-application na to change program level or course! But for insufficient funds ones you have the right sponsor/huge sums/proof of relationship docs,u r Good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Lastruct: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
tayhor1234:
Pls is there any one attending Wilfred Laurier university and Thompson Rivers University?

Thompson Rivers University,May 2017 by the grace of God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by realone01(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
baba welcome o, na which city you dey?
hayqinsbFX:
baba jengbe after I don go for like 7 classes for school already....
Thanks for the advise tho....Just that i forgot maggi...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
i have a question to ask and if this two monikers are present,i would highly appreciate your input @favour001 and @brandymcmb and others who might have had such experience..
how did you explain in your SOP your sudden switch from PGC(d) to Masters program?
or does it mean there is no need for such than just to apply with the masters admission and state the benefit of the program to your career and why you chose the program? i just feel to ask this question now it's still fresh in my mind
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by KVickky(f): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
Application since May 17 nothing yet still.. What a wow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:
this very "idiomatic expression" of urs no gree me understand oo

Don't mind me!
I meant the step are rigorous, hence whosoever is willing to achieve his aims and objectives wouldn't not mind going through the various steps. UNTILL THE MISSION which looks IMPOSSIBLE become MISSION POSSIBLE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
hi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:
i have a question to ask and if this two monikers are present,i would highly appreciate your input @favour001 and @brandymcmb and others who might have had such experience..
how did you explain in your SOP your sudden switch from PGC(d) to Masters program?
or does it mean there is no need for such than just to apply with the masters admission and state the benefit of the program to your career and why you chose the program? i just feel to ask this question now it's still fresh in my mind

Am not sure there will be any need to explain your switch from PGC to masters. I think an explanation on why you're going for masters particularly the program suffices.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
yemdogg:

Am not sure there will be any need to explain your switch from PGC to masters. I think an explanation on why you're going for masters particularly the program suffices.
i have missed ur absence wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:
i have missed ur absence wink

I went on a brief abeyance jere my bro. How any update with respect your pursuit of Meng?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
yemdogg:

I went on a brief abeyance jere my bro. How any update with respect your pursuit of Meng?
this would be better talked on chat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:
this would be better talked on chat

Okay bro,

I just checked my cic account now.....LO and BEHOLD "CLOSED AND REFUSED"

I saw it coming anyway. so the jokes are on CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bobyosas: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
I just tracked my application and saw this "Your proccessed passport has been dispatched from cananda visa office, ACCRA,......" please I didn't receive medical mail or anything. What does this mean? Can someone kindly respond

CC MichV theosj Arcayo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
michV:

Why don't you reapply with the pgc and increase the money in your sponsor account to at lease 10m, I believe you will get it then since it was only insufficient fund for tuition that was ticked in your refusal letter. unless you really want to go for the master program, I think you should reapply with your present document and only increase your sponsor closing balance.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
yemdogg:

Okay bro,

I just checked my cic account now.....LO and BEHOLD "CLOSED AND REFUSED"

I saw it coming anyway. so the jokes are on CIC.

Sorry about that but then delay is not denial so refire

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.