Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (915225 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mikymiko:
Some people had submitted their employment letter/introduction and were denied based on current employment situation and others, Do you think the date on the employment letter /introduction may contribute to their refusal vis-a-vis current employment situation?
mind you, employment letter is different from introductory letter and which introductory letter needs updating whenever reapplying after refusal.bro the VO ticking "current employment situation" doesn't not mean about your employment.it means the VO must have faulted your intended program/purpose of studies which is not reasonable in light of your employment and UG study or the VO doesn't see progression/prospects in your intended program.since you are for masters,this does not affect you. It is commonly seen for PGC(D) refusals

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2016

Thanks. Slydogs question was actually meant to be posted in the FSW thread and not here. But just felt like advising him all the same. I moving on to the FSW thread..More ''like minds'' on there than here...I think most here are just school leavers with few years of real life work experience.

It understandable your moving to FSW they will appreciate your knowledge and experience about immigrating and settling in Canada more but the knowledge you have shared here is quite valuable and though not applicable to people on this thread since they desire to be international students but no knowledge is lost.

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jengbetiele: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Hello house

is it allowed to bring dried fish along(eja Shawa), If yes which of the bags is it advisable to put it....carry on or main luggage?

I plan to bring along egusi, maggi, pepper(ata gungun), cray fish (ede), garri, poundo yam, beans

Pls can anyone tell me what I might be leaving out

Thanks

Do you still need advise? Hehehehe It is allowed put it into transparent nylon. All food should be in your main luggage. Egusi is allowed, maggi chicken flavor not beef flavour if you bring beef flavour, or anything you bring that has beef in it they will seize it o.Also woods are not allowed, wood in the sense of agbo. However the officer said if the agbo is sprinkled with a little water or alcohol it will fly. Meat is not allowed. Also diary products are not allowed or anything that has milk pepper will fly, crayfish will fly, garri will fly, poundo will fly. However, Yam is not allowed i recently brought yam they siezed it cry cry cry. But the officer said next time i could peel the yam and ensure it looked fresh then it will fly

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
thesoj:

PS: I recognize that you were trying to paint a realistic picture, my issue was the excessive pessimism which you began to correct with each subsequent response to me. Btw, I won't toot my own horn about how I know what I know about both Canada and the US (in the interest of anonymity). But paradoxically, the fact that I live in the US doesn't mean I know it all about the US, actually I don't. My living in the US doesn't make me an expert on everything US-related, contrary to your view that living in a country means your views on how things run in that country are accurate. I wouldn't be on this thread if where you live is directly proportional to your knowledge about that place.

There is not much difference between what both of your are saying @shinarambo1 was talking about the reality on ground, of course there will always be exception but that is the experience of majority.

Definitely your point is also valid because there have be some that have had better and different experience to this but they are not in the majority.

Both your view are quite true but your are addressing different issues. shinarambo1: advice is based of majority experience while your view is equally true that the possibilities exist of people faring better than this majority experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Please what's the current study permit processing time for Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mikymiko:
Some people had submitted their employment letter/introduction and were denied based on current employment situation and others, Do you think the date on the employment letter /introduction may have contributed to their refusal vis-a-vis current employment situation?

You are missing letter of introduction with employment letter and this make it difficult for people to advice you.

you should update the letter of introduction to show your present employment situation especially if it is more than 6 months old.

Letter of employment must remain the same except you have change employment

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mikymiko:
Please what's the current study permit processing time for Nigeria?
you are purposely creating chaos here when you know and i know you know where and how to source for this very information

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
you are purposely creating chaos here when you know and i know you know where and how to source for this very information
No I'm not creating any chaos. I only need answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uvagho(f): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
he wanted to go and study M.Sc ACCOUNTING...... Reasons given is simply because of Nigeria s economic recession and that they dont wnt to accept anybody from Nigeria for now
hahahahahaha....sorry o..this post is too funny not to laugh.Ah!abeg ask your uncle well....ds reason too funny abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by NonelikeGod: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
So should I leave the space blank
Tarry:

yes you don't need Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) because you are applying for spousal open work permit (SOWP) which does not require a job offer, LMIA is for job offer in canada. Follow Gymme advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hotboss: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Calculate only your CGPA for 4th year and 500 Level...
Very simple...
If you have your transcript or your 4th year and 5th year results and units...
Follow the normal CGPA calculation method
Grade
A=5
B=4
C=3
D=2
E=1
F=0
Grade in Courses × Course units /total no of Course units that semester.
For example, u got A in psychology(a 3 unit course)
Ie= 5×3=15
Then this 15 + other grades in other courses
Divide by the total unit for the session

Could use Spss, Access or Excel...

Anyways, u don Graduate na, u suppose sabi how to calculate CGPA ni...
Just remove 100level to 300level results and only calculate 400 level and 500 level TOGETHER

Thanks for this info.. Should i remove carry over courses taken in both levels and calculate strictly 400 nd 500L courses ? Or should just calculate together with d carry over i took in these levels. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
NonelikeGod:
So should I leave the space blank

Yes, it is not relevant to your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
thesoj:
Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread.
accepted on behalf of those concerned too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esteechris(f): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ridiculous! I've seen things on this thread, but this one takes the cake!!

miie:
he wanted to go and study M.Sc ACCOUNTING...... Reasons given is simply because of Nigeria s economic recession and that they dont wnt to accept anybody from Nigeria for now

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
apologies to everyone for derailing the thread. apologies to including the soj too...keep doing the good work you are doing here....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
shinarambo1:
apologies to everyone for derailing the thread. apologies to including the soj too...keep doing the good work you are doing here....
accepted on behalf of those concerned too..Last week debate was about Prayers,this week na white collar job and next week would be?? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
accepted on behalf of those concerned too..Last week debate was about Prayers,this week na white collar job and next week would be?? grin

Lolz.. Probably. There are more blacks than white that are schooling!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
as long as you are still in that current employment,an employment letter remains valid in re-application.the update needed is the introductory letter and payslip.
You wan tell me say you go update Work ID too? grin

I don't see the need for a new employment letter or letter of introduction from your employer. Recent payslip/salary statement of account is enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Abeg any update on applications ooo, the wait is no more killing ....it is suicidal grin grin grin ....I Don tire to dey calculate every week how old my passport don dey for Accra , con b like say dem take am hostage release am after 16 weeks , they should keep d passport and send me a Canadian passport grin grin grin na next day dem go see me for POE lolz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
esteechris:
Ridiculous! I've seen things on this thread, but this one takes the cake!!

@estee! esteechri!! esteechris!!!, please I need this cake of yours too. Mbok grin Abeg Pm me for location.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
post=49331393:

Please gurus help my request. @yetus @michV @churkie. Thanks

@toluene1234, I have not heard of any sponsor that was called but I cannot rule that out. I recall in the previous part, a guy ( can't remember his moniker) said CIC called his workplace to confirm if truly he works at the firm.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
jessicajessa:
Any one can do an MBA....you can check out Thompson Rivers University too, it has a foundation course....you can contact me if you are interested.

Pls I just pm u now. I interested in wat u posted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
OJCITY22:

Lolz.. Probably. There are more blacks than white that are schooling!!!

Lol!!!

Actually na Asians full my school, na dem plenty pass
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
my app its 15 weeks already. school resumed since 7tg September, but I deferred my admission to January 2017. havnt heard from CIC. please I need experienced reply, SHOULD CIC BE NOTIFIED ABOUT MY DEFERMENT? d new admission letter would be ready in 2 weeks time.
MichV nwannem n other gurus ,...mbok..Ugo ebelugo na mgbagbu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 14, 2016
sammymexi:
my app its 15 weeks already. school resumed since 7tg September, but I deferred my admission to January 2017. havnt heard from CIC. please I need experienced reply, SHOULD CIC BE NOTIFIED ABOUT MY DEFERMENT? d new admission letter would be ready in 2 weeks time.
MichV nwannem n other gurus ,...mbok..Ugo ebelugo na mgbagbu.

No need to notify them until they request for it,if they don't when your trv is issued just goan resume for January start date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dearnursedeee: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2016
Baba God!!! Go and touch the heart of that VO assign to my application and let my TRV be issued this week,let 12wks of waiting turns to jubilation for me. Na beg I dey beg oo Olorun Obaaa.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Lastruct: 1:06am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house, you guys are doind a very great job here I must say, kudos to everyone. I have been a silent reader on this forum as I really dont have anything to contribute than to learn and be able to contribute later also.

I am an intending phd applicant and I have been making some search on few schools.

So far with what I have been reading here, I can see that most people here are going in for bachelor, PGD/PGC and masters program, if not all.

Please house, I will appreciate anybody with enough information on the phd process and procedures, especially on funding opportunities and other available grants to please share to help a brother and others like me.

I have a B.Tech in civil engineering and anaMScin ccivil anddenvironmental eengineering (structures).

Thanks everyone, hoping to get a response soonest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 1:28am On Sep 14, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512
https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11#48871944
Lastruct:
...Please house, I will appreciate anybody with enough information on the phd process and procedures, especially on funding opportunities and other available grants to please share to help a brother and others like me.
I have a B.Tech in civil engineering and anaMScin ccivil anddenvironmental eengineering (structures)...

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.