Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe (50517 Views)

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
More than 100 lawyers, including 20 Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN), would be assembled to defend Mr. Joachim Chinakwe Iroko, who has been in detention for naming his dog ‘Buhari’.

According to Barr. Inibehe Effiong, convener of the Coalition of Human Rights Defenders (COHRD), who disclosed this on Thursday, it was a move against “injustice, tyranny and arbitrariness.”

Also, a similar group has emerged in Abuja declaring that they would ensure that Iroko’s rights are fully protected even if it requires pursuing the case beyond Nigeria’s courts.

The group, led by Mr. Joseph Adamu of the Coalition Against Human Rights Abuse (CAHRA), said it would assemble lawyers that would properly assist those who have begun free judicial representation for Iroko even as the group said it would raise financial assistance if needed.

Iroko was arrested last week for naming his dog ‘Buhari’, which was deemed offensive by some of his neighbours in an area said to be populated with the President’s supporters.

The police stepped in to arrest him but set him free immediately.

He was later re-arrested in what the Ogun State Police Command termed “an attempt to cause ethno-religious violence.”

Iroko was subsequently charged to court and has failed to raise the cost of the bail bond of N50,000. At the time of this report, he was still in Ibara Prison in Ogun State.

Effiong said, “I wish to inform the public that two spirited members of the public responded to my appeal for assistance to Mr. Joe Chinakwe. The first person donated the sum of N40,000 yesterday while the second donated N50,000 this morning.”

He has launched a social media appeal to first meet the bail bond and the cost of defence.

“Thus a total sum of N90,000 has been donated to settle the legal fees. Recall that I sought N80,000 for this purpose.

“Once again, I wish to reiterate that I am not the counsel to Chinakwe. I have no personal interest whatsoever in the matter.

“My intervention in this case is purely based on my conviction that his arrest, detention and trial is unconstitutional, oppressive and vindictive. We cannot all submit to injustice, tyranny and arbitrariness.

“Anyone that is still in doubt about the political nature of this case should search his inner conscience closely. Those using ethnicity, religion and political sentiments to obfuscate this case should know that Nigeria is a country of laws,” he said.

The rights activist stressed that the human rights community would not sit back and watch innocent citizens being traumatised and dehumanized.

“The fact that the two persons who donated this money are from the North and the South-West, respectively, shows that the bonds of brotherhood and egalitarianism among patriotic Nigerians are superior to the whimsical and repulsive commentaries of ethnic and religious bigots.

“We are currently assembling a team of public interest cum human rights lawyers (we are targeting 100 lawyers or more) for the defence of Chinakwe, pro bono, from the next court sitting if the police insist on going ahead with this case.

“On the request of the wife of Chinakwe, I wish to convey my appreciation to the donors. May God replenish them.

“All things being equal, Chinakwe will be out of the prison custody in the coming hours,” he promised

http://independentnig.com/100-lawyers-to-defend-buhari-dog-owner-in-court/

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by bonechamberlain(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
This issue is just nauseating.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by agwom(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Buhari, military rule is over. You must bow or break.

All Hail My Home.
We shall conquer
We shall be free.
The sun will rise!

230 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by BlackSeptember: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
Buhari is in trouble with the citizens rising against his tyranny daily

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by BlackSeptember: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
Omenka will hide his head after reading this story

196 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by reptile1: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
When they were presenting the mad man named buhari for president, weren't they told he would never change? Good enough zombies can see the African Hitler trampling on free speech and human right in Gestapo like manner in a democracy. grin grin

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by herzern1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
cool
Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Joel3(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
the victim was arrested instead of the otherway. this will only promote violence rather then talking and beating sense into the blood testy vagabonds to be tolerant. it's only end up making some people to be superior to the others.

the APC style of government is making it difficult for zombies to keep defending them. police are also liers.they lied they release the man again and again. after they lied he was rearrested to protect his life.

I weep for Nigeria.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by OfficialAwol(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Very soon those defending Bubu will run out of all defensive vocabulary.

He continues giving them something to defend.

Over to you zombies!

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by EteEdoho: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
CC Dropshot and other subhumans,who were defending this tyranny!

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Angelparadise: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
If this act will make well meaning Nigerians to activate their senses against all these zombify actions committed by this scam APC government S0 be it !

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by ShootToKill: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Afonjarudeens will hate this. Chinakwe is now going to be a popular symbol against Buharo-tyranny thanks to the feudal dogharrri and his yorubamudeen lackeys. grin grin grin

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by reptile1: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Samtob90:

You are under our watch list, you may be the next scape goat like your brother Iroko

Do I look like iroko? undecided don't put ur life on the line trying to come for me.

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
The Ogun state Justice Commissioner should discontinue the case immediately

21 Likes

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by vanbonattel: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
I love baboons, and need to buy a baboon tomorrow, what name shall I give it? grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Chriswazo(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
hmmmm!
Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by ehikwe22: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yet another drama.

1 Like

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by talktimi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Samtob90:

[s]You are under our watch list, you may be the next scape goat like your brother Iroko[/s]
your watch list get body odor

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by kenny987(f): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
BlackSeptember:

Don't mind that one with his nauseating and effeminate diatribe on how 'Igbos' should not do things to upset his islamic n fulani masters.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by agarawu23(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why not 1m?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Francon(f): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
I am coming

1 Like

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by veekid(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Na wha o

Nigeria....our fatherland
Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by cescky(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
good one nigeria is growing and good people are standing agiants opression and tyranny

i wish gani fewhinmi were still alive quite unfortunate his son in practice mr keyamo has sold out to the green coloured paper and they have sealed his lips

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by ireneony(f): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nice grin

2 Likes

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
lawyers in the house . the court papers showed d case was between ogun state commissioner and mr joe. is dis right. is it not meant to be the state vs mr joe

1 Like

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Akainzo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
And where were all these people when he was looking for Bail money?

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by Nairastake: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
That's good.

With 100 lawyers defending the man, the man will be like....

6 Likes

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by bettercreature(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
BlackSeptember:
They are PDP lawyers,the man is very wrong and he must face the music

4 Likes

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by joseph1832(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Not bad. If this man is found guilty for naming his dog Buhari, then almost all Nigerians are guilty of cussing Jonathan and Buhari and we should be prosecuted. cheesy

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe by nerodenero: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
ShootToKill:
Afonjarudeens will hate this. Chinakwe is now going to be a popular symbol against thanks to the feudal dogharrri and his yorubamudeen lackeys. grin grin grin
Read this
“The fact that the two persons who donated this money are from the North and the South-West, respectively, shows that the bonds of brotherhood and egalitarianism among patriotic Nigerians are superior to the whimsical and repulsive commentaries of ethnic and religious bigots

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Worst Day In Pigeon Racing History’ After 10,000 Birds Vanish Into Thin Air( Pix / "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. / Lady Carries And Kisses A Smith Bear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.