Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161398 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2022
My system keeps showing activate windows. What do I do pls?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kinggSamuel(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
Some of My laptop keys work and stop intermittently. Whats the solution pls.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hello Mod....pls my system keeps showing this. What can I do to rectify it pls?

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by andiwam7: 6:16am On Jun 28, 2022
Please I need the fan below for Lenovo ThinkPad 13s IWL

Will appreciate any assistance.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Badfinga: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
My Lenovo recently fell down from a height (about 30cm). Since then it has refused to connect to the internet. When I troubleshoot, it shows network cable not properly plugged in or it may be broken. How do I fix it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
Badfinga:
My Lenovo recently fell down from a height (about 30cm). Since then it has refused to connect to the internet. When I troubleshoot, it shows network cable not properly plugged in or it may be broken. How do I fix it?
your network card is disconnected, meet a technician , is not a big deal, you can send me a message I will guide you on how you can fix it yourself
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jidonskii:
Hello all. Earlier this year, I replaced the motherboard of my Dell laptop and it had a problem of randomly shutting down when it’s unplugged to power. I assumed it was a battery issue, I replaced the China battery I was using with original Dell battery and the problem seemed to have stopped. However, it came back as a ‘once in a while’ thing and now it’s becoming more rampant. I also noticed that sometimes when I sleep or hibernate it, it goes off. What could be the problem?
why did you change the board?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
andiwam7:
Please I need the fan below for Lenovo ThinkPad 13s IWL

Will appreciate any assistance.
if I see I will let you know
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
kinggSamuel:
Some of My laptop keys work and stop intermittently. Whats the solution pls.
if some of the keys are working while some are not, you have to get a new keyboard, if all the keys are not responding it might be other problems. So what is actually the problem
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
AdebisiAdeyinka:
My system keeps showing activate windows. What do I do pls?
you can get the windows activator, if you need help with this send me a message, it won't cost much
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Gbajure:
I am having a big issue with my Lenovo T570 core i7 7th generation Thinkpad. It just stopped reading the HDD. I changed the hard drive same problem. I am suspecting the cable that connect the HDD to the motherboard. Or can it be the port on the motherboard. Gurus in the house pls help.

cc yinksdavid, udemzyudex, sotall
your hard disk connector is having a problem, it will need replacement
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Badfinga: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
smatt1711:
your network card is disconnected, meet a technician , is not a big deal, you can send me a message I will guide you on how you can fix it yourself
Thanks for your concern. I actually fixed it after doing a Google search. There is a button at the left side of the touchpad, it was switched off. So, I switched it back to the normal position. Everything is OK now.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Badfinga:
Thanks for your concern. I actually fixed it after doing a Google search. There is a button at the left side of the touchpad, it was switched off. So, I switched it back to the normal position. Everything is OK now.
you are welcome
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by grinface98(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2022
smatt1711:
you are welcome
Good morning, sir. Thanks for all you do on this thread.
I have two questions, sir.
1. What do you think could cause a particular key on the keyboard not to work sometimes unless you restart the PC?
2. And I'd like to get a PC for graphic designing. What are the things I should target when going for one? (I'm on a budget)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by smatt1711: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2022
grinface98:
Good morning, sir. Thanks for all you do on this thread.
I have two questions, sir.
1. What do you think could cause a particular key on the keyboard not to work sometimes unless you restart the PC?
2. And I'd like to get a PC for graphic designing. What are the things I should target when going for one? (I'm on a budget)
No 1) try using an external keyboard, if the same key doesn't work it might be the OS(operating system) or a fault from the Bios, but if the said key works on external keyboard all the time, replace your laptop keyboard.

2) If you are just starting, a corei5 with 3rd Gen will help you to start, by the time you become a Pro I won't be the one to advice you on the laptop to buy, you will know a whole lot by then.

I always advice people to take things step by step.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bapy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello boss, recently I noticed that my Lenovo knots were losing so I took it to a technician to help me but something happened and my power button removed from the motherboard. How do I go about? Can it be fixed?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adibo(m): 12:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Good evening, a system here suddenly started showing no bootable device found. I created a bootable USB drive and tried to install a new operating system, it successfully loads but when it gets to the point of picking the partition to install it, it shows no drive found, asking me to load a drive what is the solution? It is a dell laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Udemzy05: 5:49am On Jul 24, 2022
adibo:
Good evening, a system here suddenly started showing no bootable device found. I created a bootable USB drive and tried to install a new operating system, it successfully loads but when it gets to the point of picking the partition to install it, it shows no drive found, asking me to load a drive what is the solution? It is a dell laptop

1. Have you confirmed that the HDD or SSD is properly connected to it connector?

2. Is it a 10th/11th gen laptop? If yes you need to install a particular drive inside the flash drive,load the driver and install it before you can see the partition.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adibo(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Good morning. No, I have not checked if it is still connected. I will give a repairer on Monday to do that

I tried installing the driver for the laptop on the bootable but it was not recognised when I plugged it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Abbeykabir2(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2022
Good morning tech gurus in the house, pls after doing a security update on my windows 10 laptop, anytime I switched on the laptop it gives like 8-10 beep sound before it display and I tried uninstalling the update I did by going to programs and feature then uninstall update, that particular update, when I click on it nothing happens but if I click on others, it will show uninstall option. Pls help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2022
Abbeykabir2:
Good morning tech gurus in the house, pls after doing a security update on my windows 10 laptop, anytime I switched on the laptop it gives like 8-10 beep sound before it display and I tried uninstalling the update I did by going to programs and feature then uninstall update, that particular update, when I click on it nothing happens but if I click on others, it will show uninstall option. Pls help
do a system restore to an earlier point or time
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Abbeykabir2(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2022
Esji80:
do a system restore to an earlier point or time
Pls how do I go about it sir.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Abbeykabir2:

Pls how do I go about it sir.

Type and search for system restore

On your system

Then enter d 2nd on d pic and follow the prompt

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by obonujoker(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Help please.

I just bought a new hard disk to install on my laptop.

I'm trying to boot the with a CD, but the Rom drive us not spinning the CD.

The rom drive is showing on the BIOS... anytime I switch on the system, the yellow light shows, but won't boot or spin, even after selecting it.

Is the drive bad, or is it the CD itself?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Abbeykabir2(m): 1:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Esji80:

Type and search for system restore

On your system

Then enter d 2nd on d pic and follow the prompt

Thanks very much bro, will do it and give feedback

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
obonujoker:
Help please.

The rom drive is showing on the BIOS... anytime I switch on the system, the yellow light shows, but won't boot or spin, even after selecting it.

Thanks
try an external CD ROM or a bootable flash
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Abbeykabir2:

Thanks very much bro, will do it and give feedback
welcome
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2022
obonujoker:
Help please.

Thanks
your CD rom is bad nw. replace it or get an external cd rom
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uche393: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
evb2000 plz I want to get in touch with you
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by john2luv(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2022
Hi, please where can I change the charging port of Microsoft surface pro tab

sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.