Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161314 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by jemmal: 7:45pm On May 13, 2018
Good evening guys, my HP 630 WiFi light stays red and does not connect, what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:56am On May 14, 2018
jemmal:
Good evening guys, my HP 630 WiFi light stays red and does not connect, what could be the problem?
press F-12

To turn it on
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by gpercuxionz(m): 2:34pm On May 14, 2018
Please someone should come to my aid oooo... I used my dell latitude e6400 ds mrn b4 going out to get some stuffs... Only to turn in on now... The power button is not coming up I remove the battery and turn in on directly from power source... It just making some sound but not coming up the power button light is not even showing light.. What can be the problem and what do I do am so confuse....
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2018
gpercuxionz:
Please someone should come to my aid oooo... I used my dell latitude e6400 ds mrn b4 going out to get some stuffs... Only to turn in on now... The power button is not coming up I remove the battery and turn in on directly from power source... It just making some sound but not coming up the power button light is not even showing light.. What can be the problem and what do I do am so confuse....

Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in the charger and turn it on. If problem persists , see a laptop technician
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by alonso2214(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2018
hi guys here pls i just got uk used dell mini laptop everything is workinhmg fine but i discovered that each time am browsing its slow down and habmng unecessarily...pls what can i do to this
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lymelyte(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2018
Please folks,I need a solution to my hp pavilion laptop(intel core i3)problem that started yesterday night. I was watching a movie on laptop and simultaneously charging it, then all of a sudden my laptop turned off. It turned off in away as if my battery was drained. I was shocked. Initially, I taught it was because I didn't plug the charger well. But on checking it was plugged properly. I turned on my laptop,the power light came on with the Caplock key blinking and screen black. No fan noise. I re-inserted the charger again but the charger indicator light didn't come up. I smell the charger, nothing like burned smell. I removed the battery and plug in the charger again but no light.
please I need your help folks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2018
lymelyte:
Please folks,I need a solution to my hp pavilion laptop(intel core i3)problem that started yesterday night. I was watching a movie on laptop and simultaneously charging it, then all of a sudden my laptop turned off. It turned off in away as if my battery was drained. I was shocked. Initially, I taught it was because I didn't plug the charger well. But on checking it was plugged properly. I turned on my laptop,the power light came on with the Caplock key blinking and screen black. No fan noise. I re-inserted the charger again but the charger indicator light didn't come up. I smell the charger, nothing like burned smell. I removed the battery and plug in the charger again but no light.
please I need your help folks
that looks more of a hardware problem. See a Technician around you
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdroitTee(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2018
Pls I forcefully dropped my laptop by mistake while seeing a movie , & some sort f blackout occurred on d screen ... Whereby I could barely see wats on d screen. Pls wat can I do abt it. Help pls.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:31pm On May 17, 2018
AdroitTee:
Pls I forcefully dropped my laptop by mistake while seeing a movie , & some sort f blackout occurred on d screen ... Whereby I could barely see wats on d screen. Pls wat can I do abt it. Help pls.
screen is damaged.

You will need to replace it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by steve4ever: 3:51am On May 18, 2018
Price for HP pavilion 15inches screen please....
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:04am On May 18, 2018
steve4ever:
Price for HP pavilion 15inches screen please....
15.4" or 15.6"??
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lymelyte(m): 10:53am On May 19, 2018
sotall:
that looks more of a hardware problem. See a Technician around you
I went to a technician like you recommended, from the diagnosis, I was told the motherboard is bad and that I have to replace. Please do you have any idea of the cost? It is hp pavilion. Model e000sia. Money dey yab man now.. I just tire.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lymelyte(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2018
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2018
lymelyte:
I went to a technician like you recommended, from the diagnosis, I was told the motherboard is bad and that I have to replace. Please do you have any idea of the cost? It is hp pavilion. Model e000sia
no idea .

If you are in Lagos and can come to computer village ikeja. I can help you out. 08164685979
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ediko5(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Greetings to sotall and my esteem engineers in the house. I have this Toshiba laptop that's giving me problem.

First the laptop doesn't power on with charger in it but can charge after you've powered it on without a charger.

Recently the laptop refused booting into windows, I used another good and windows loaded hard drive to check if its hard disk issue, same problem happened.

what could be the problem?

I have service the bud and heat the VGA about 3 times.

I have also tested the laptop with another working processor yet no positive result.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ediko5(m): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2018
Why is this once very busy thread so deserted?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Finstar: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hey guys.. Please I seriously need help.

Just this morning, I decided to scan my elitebook 8440p for viruses using 360 Total Security. The software was set to automatically resolve any issue and shut down the system.

I came back few minutes later only to find my system shutdown..

I tried to reboot it.. It came up, but Instead of showing the log in interface, it's showing me a black screen..

Have tried everything I could but still the same problem.. How do I fix this?

Windows 8.1
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Obagoblog(m): 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Finstar:
Hey guys.. Please I seriously need help.

Just this morning, I decided to scan my elitebook 8440p for viruses using 360 Total Security. The software was set to automatically resolve any issue and shut down the system.

I came back few minutes later only to find my system shutdown..

I tried to reboot it.. It came up, but Instead of showing the log in interface, it's showing me a black screen..

Have tried everything I could but still the same problem.. How do I fix this?

Windows 8.1

Is the black screen showing a blinking underscore at the top left corner of the screen? If your answer is yes, do any these things:

1. Immediately you boot your laptop, start pressing F8 continuously to restore your laptop settings to the initial settings before it was before you scan it.

2. When you on your laptop, try and enter the boot menu. If you are able to load the boot menu successfully, then the best thing to do is to format the system partially. Make sure you keep your files.

3. If you're unable to load the boot menu, try and get another hard disk maybe from a friend and test it on your laptop. If it boot in successfully, then you need to replace your hard disk
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:42am On Jun 06, 2018
ediko5:
Greetings to sotall and my esteem engineers in the house. I have this Toshiba laptop that's giving me problem.

First the laptop doesn't power on with charger in it but can charge after you've powered it on without a charger.

Recently the laptop refused booting into windows, I used another good and windows loaded hard drive to check if its hard disk issue, same problem happened.

what could be the problem?

I have service the bud and heat the VGA about 3 times.

I have also tested the laptop with another working processor yet no positive result.

For the charging problem, fault definitely from charging section of the laptop motherboard, and for the no display fault, does it power on and no display at all?

Have you test another RAM?
If yes, does it caplock when you run the caplock button on your keyboard? If no and still doesn't display even after you change processor.

Fault might be from Bios (ME region) you need to flash it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sakabest: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please My System Doesn't Recorgnise My Hsdpa Usb Modem But Other Systems Do. Whats The Problem
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Sakabest:
Please My System Doesn't Recorgnise My Hsdpa Usb Modem But Other Systems Do. Whats The Problem

Hello.

*This could be a driver issue. Try another port or check your USB drivers.

*Ordinarily your system should recognise (recognize) your USB flash drives. If it can then seeing the hsdpa USB modem shouldn't be a problem.

*Don't forget that after you have inserted the modem you also need to install the software before you can start using it.

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sakabest: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
it Doesn't Even Show In My Computer But In The Devices And Printers]
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ediko5(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

For the charging problem, fault definitely from charging section of the laptop motherboard, and for the no display fault, does it power on and no display at all?

Have you test another RAM?
If yes, does it caplock when you run the caplock button on your keyboard? If no and still doesn't display even after you change processor.

Fault might be from Bios (ME region) you need to flash it.

Thanks udemzyudex,

The laptop powers on but will not load into the windows even when I used a good and windows loaded HDD to test it.

I have used a good RAM for it yet no positive change.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
ediko5:

Thanks udemzyudex,

The laptop powers on but will not load into the windows even when I used a good and windows loaded HDD to test it.

I have used a good RAM for it yet no positive change.

1. What's the model of your laptop?

2. If it doesn't load into Windows, where does it stop? The hp logo or blue screen.?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ediko5(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

1. What's the model of your laptop?

2. If it doesn't load into Windows, where does it stop? The hp logo or blue screen.?

It stops at the windows logo and would not pass that point.

It's my cousin's laptop and it's not currently with me to check the model.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 3:19am On Jun 07, 2018
ediko5:

It stops at the windows logo and would not pass that point.

It's my cousin's laptop and it's not currently with me to check the model.

The reason I want to is cos some models are peculiar to this kind of faults, it might be a bad nec tokin at the back of the processor compartment or a corrupt ME region(Bios)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ediko5(m): 7:11am On Jun 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

The reason I want to is cos some models are peculiar to this kind of faults, it might be a bad nec tokin at the back of the processor compartment or a corrupt ME region(Bios)

Okay, i'll check the version and let you know.
Thanks very much.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 3DCYCLOPS: 5:02am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello please i got a new battery for my laptop 3 days ago, although i haven't had power to charge it for 24 hours stretch, i have been using generator to charge. I finally decided to put it on and check the percentage yesterday and noticed it was on 50..charged all through last night,this time with NEPA light, and it's still on 50 percent. What could be the cause? The battery or charger?

And it shows (plugged in, charging)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 5:25am On Jun 10, 2018
3DCYCLOPS:
Hello please i got a new battery for my laptop 3 days ago, although i haven't had power to charge it for 24 hours stretch, i have been using generator to charge. I finally decided to put it on and check the percentage yesterday and noticed it was on 50..charged all through last night,this time with NEPA light, and it's still on 50 percent. What could be the cause? The battery or charger?

Hi.
Usually battery sellers give you about a week or two to return the battery if it's dysfunctional. So, take advantage!!

So try another battery... And another. If the issue persist then it's from the board.

Wait... Before you conclude it's from the board, check the power ratings on your laptop if it's same with the one on the charger.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 3DCYCLOPS: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.
Usually battery sellers give you about a week or two to return the battery if it's dysfunctional. So, take advantage!!

So try another battery... And another. If the issue persist then it's from the board.

Wait... Before you conclude it's from the board, check the power ratings on your laptop if it's same with the one on the charger.

*cheers*

Alright thanks..I'll go change the battery first thing tomorrow morning
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 3DCYCLOPS: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.

*cheers*

And please how long should i charge for when i get a new working battery?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
3DCYCLOPS:

That was the mistake you did, you should have tested it where you bought it, whether nepa light or not.

Fault might be from motherboard, the charging ic is not getting power supply to it or the smb_clk and smb_data is not communicating with the sio chip.

Before that, take it back to where you bought the ba3 and try another one, if after it still stuck at 50% with plugin in charging then see a laptop engineer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.