Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162293 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mastakija:
nd pls how do i know my windows8 license key
your windows 8 license key should be at back bottom of your pc, if it came shipped with the windows 8, or on the windows 8 retail cd disc installed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mastakija(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:

your windows 8 license key should be at back bottom of your pc, if it came shipped with the windows 8, or on the windows 8 retail cd disc installed
ok tanx
i saw dat but i was a bit skeptical
cuz d numbers i saw under my pc looks different from what it was trying to describe to me it said my product key should look like xxxxx-Bleep bla bla
nd do i need to remove d cd disc copletely or just open it as if i want to insert a disk
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mastakija:
ok tanx
i saw dat but i was a bit skeptical
cuz d numbers i saw under m
y pc looks different from what it was trying to describe to me it said my product key should look like xxxxx-Bleep bla bla
nd do i need to remove d cd disc copletely or just open it as if i want to insert a disk
yeah, the product key is a 25 letter words, its a combination of both alphabet and numbers, they said xxxx-xxxx as example, so as not to reveal the product key to public. A product key is written on the case cover of the windows 8 disc setup
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:
Hope something is not wrong with your System Wifi, WLAN/WWAN Wireless Cards. You should first try and use another method to connect to the internet, Make use of an internet modem or Dial up connection, or router to verify where the problem is.
maybe that's where the problem is but prior to this it works fine just started recently
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
photon3106:

If what you mean is that it disconnects after working for 2-3mins then you can try the following.

1. Go to your connection settings on your laprop and remove every network you've ever connected to it.

2. Go to your phone and do network reset if your phone is running one of the recent android versions. Otherwise, just remove every device that has been connected to your hotspot.

After these, try reconnecting and see whether the connection is sustained or not.
I did this and the problem still persist.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
maybe that's where the problem is but prior to this it works fine just started recently
If it just started recently, then there is nothing wrong with your pc. It's your windows, Your windows has been corrupted or has virus, backup your important files and do a clean or fresh installation of windows, and install necessary drivers. Every thing will restore back to normal and your wifi will work normal
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:

If it just started recently, then there is nothing wrong with your pc. It's your windows, Your windows has been corrupted or has virus, backup your important files and do a clean or fresh installation of windows, and install necessary drivers. Every thing will restore back to normal and your wifi will work normal
I'm kinda a novice in all... How do I safely backup my files with over 300gb file size. Put me through please.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
I'm kinda a novice in all... How do I safely backup my files with over 300gb file size. Put me through please.
Before that, i got a solution that you should try, concerning the hotspots issues, on your present windows, which will obviously be the Administrator account, go to control panel settings, under " user account and family safety", click on " Add or remove user account" go and create another windows login account, which will be a guest account and save it. then restart your Pc, and login on that guest user account you created. Now open your web browser, turn on your wifi adapter and connects your pc with your Hotspots.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by OjoMadiba: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Can I find HP Envy x360 14 motherboard for 9ja?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mastakija:
nd pls how do i know my windows8 license key

You can see your product key by going to Window Explorer (file manager), right click on "This PC" and go to "Properties". The key is towards the down part
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
I did this and the problem still persist.

Wow! Can you tell whether other phones or laptop connected to this particular phone's hotspot also disconnects after a short while or not and does it (laptop) gets disconnected when connected to other phone's hotspot.

My best bet is that youre having a problem with your network card. You may try uninstalling WiFi driver and reinstalling using DRP or manually downloading it from HP support platform.

If you are good at dismantling your PC, you should open the compartment with the network card and resit the card, unplug the cable and plug back in. After all these, it must work otherwise your card is showing "emotion" grin in which case uou have to visit a technician
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mastakija(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
photon3106:

You can see your product key by going to Window Explorer (file manager), right click on "This PC" and go to "Properties". The key is towards the down part
wow tanx so much
ive seen it

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mastakija(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:

yeah, the product key is a 25 letter words, its a combination of both alphabet and numbers, they said xxxx-xxxx as example, so as not to reveal the product key to public. A product key is written on the case cover of the windows 8 disc setup
ok yh
i grab
tanx. Ive seen it anyways
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:
Before that, i got a solution that you should try, concerning the hotspots issues, on your present windows, which will obviously be the Administrator account, go to control panel settings, under " user account and family safety", click on " Add or remove user account" go and create another windows login account, which will be a guest account and save it. then restart your Pc, and login on that guest user account you created. Now open your web browser, turn on your wifi adapter and connects your pc with your Hotspots.
still persist jare
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
photon3106:

Wow! Can you tell whether other phones or laptop connected to this particular phone's hotspot also disconnects after a short while or not and does it (laptop) gets disconnected when connected to other phone's hotspot.

My best bet is that youre having a problem with your network card. You may try uninstalling WiFi driver and reinstalling using DRP or manually downloading it from HP support platform.

If you are good at dismantling your PC, you should open the compartment with the network card and resit the card, unplug the cable and plug back in. After all these, it must work otherwise your card is showing "emotion" grin in which case uou have to visit a technician
it had better not show any emotion o.... How do I do the reinstalling vmusing DRP
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
still persist jare
you mean it still disconnects 2-3mins, You should reinstall the windows and install the necessary drivers. If that could not fixed it, then it is definitely an hardware issues, the internal Wireless card.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adewale1603:
you mean it still disconnects 2-3mins, You should reinstall the windows and install the necessary drivers. If that could not fixed it, then it is definitely an hardware issues, the internal Wireless card.
how can I do that please
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
how can I do that please
some settings have been tampered on your pc and in the process some drivers might be malfunctioning. You buy a windows 10 software setup disc and insert into your dvd rw drive, and restart your pc, immediately, enter into your Bios menu by pressing F2, F9 or F10, depends on model. Set your first boot device to cd/dvd rom, save it and restart your pc, press any key to boot your system into the cd/dvd rom, windows will start installation and follow the instructions prompt. After windows installation. Install the driver packs.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mahvellux(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2020
mahvellux:
my laptop HP elitebook core i2
first it when i switch it on it will crash showing hard ware problem then off..then later it will show only the blue lite which shows charging..now it does nothing at all
pls some one should help..I think it might be a problem from the board..is there a board engineer who stays in owerri here?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by LTRAVIS(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Lenovo yoga 720, bad lcd(flex) cable
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by hardeybhayour(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Pleas in need of a laptop hard disk preferably 250gb Call or chat up on 08083457338
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Animus: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
How much can I get a screen frame for a 14 inch hp pavilion dm4

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by maidaboi(m): 12:57am On Jul 01, 2020
Pls where can I download good flashing app for my laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by msquarewin(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Good evening and thank you for helping me out the previous time.
Really great full.
Am asking now for a key to PES 2019 PC if anyone has. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
msquarewin:
Good evening and thank you for helping me out the previous time.
Really great full.
Am asking now for a key to PES 2019 PC if anyone has. Thanks
its online
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by msquarewin(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adewale1603:
its online

I tried since morning cldnt get it. That's why am asking anyone with it to help me out. They kept giving me surveys and after I finish I don't get the key
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
maidaboi:
Pls where can I download good flashing app for my laptop

Flashing App? Are you talking about flashing your BIOS chip or you're talking about reinstalling/ reloading the Operating system? The former requires special softwares from your laptop manufacturer while the latter has no dedicated tool for that because your laptop "flashes" itself with the help of a live USB or DVD.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by walesdam(m): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello guys, please I need help with hp 650 laptop. It hangs a lot. I have used task manager to check the applications running an chrome is always there.
I have formatted the system and changed to Linux but still the same issue.
The system has 6GB RAM and 320GB HDD
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
walesdam:
Hello guys, please I need help with hp 650 laptop. It hangs a lot. I have used task manager to check the applications running an chrome is always there.
I have formatted the system and changed to Linux but still the same issue.
The system has 6GB RAM and 320GB HDD
what is the processor info
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by walesdam(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Intel Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHZ
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
walesdam:
Intel Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHZ
theprocessor is quite low for what you are using it for
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by walesdam(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adewale1603:
theprocessor is quite low for what you are using it for

Really? I use it for programming though.

Can you pls suggest a processor?
Thanks for the help

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.