Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162624 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Adebowale1616:
Good day my people. Pls apart from HP and Dell that people do talk is a good brand of laptop, pls is Lenovo a good brand as well ? Is it also a good buy ?

Thanks for your reply.
Lenovo ThinkPad is a good brand. Acer aspire is also great
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
12k:
MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SHAKING ALWAYS BUT SOMETIME IT TURNT TO NORMAL WHEN I SHAKE IT A LITTLE BIT, HP POLIO
Hp elitebook Folio, It is the display flex cable, the cable that connects the screen that is shaking, it is not properly connected well
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mcdokwe(m): 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
Adebowale1616:
Good day my people. Pls apart from HP and Dell that people do talk is a good brand of laptop, pls is Lenovo a good brand as well ? Is it also a good buy ?

Thanks for your reply.
With my personal experience attending to people with defective laptops and the research on the internet, I won't advise you to buy lenovo

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ugotuf(m): 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
12k:
MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SHAKING ALWAYS BUT SOMETIME IT TURNT TO NORMAL WHEN I SHAKE IT A LITTLE BIT, HP POLIO
I am having this same problem with my Elite book 8460 too. Most times when I touch the mouse, the screen scrambles and turns black and white, but once I tap the back or base of the screen, it goes back to normal. What can I do to fix it please help me my gurus.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
With my personal experience attending to people with defective laptops and the research on the internet, I won't advise you to buy lenovo

Thanks bro.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thank you bro.

Lenovo ThinkPad is a good brand. Acer aspire is also great [/quote]
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2020
Anyone who can unlock Dell bios password should please quote me with their number
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mhiztalee(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2020
Please gurus. I would need a rough estimate on how much I can get a 250 or 500HDD fairly used and cheapest SSD
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ugotuf(m): 10:10am On Jul 10, 2020
I am having this same problem with my Elite book 8460 too. Most times when I touch the mouse, the screen scrambles and turns black and white, but once I tap the back or base of the screen, it goes back to normal. What can I do to fix it please help me my gurus.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
My people I don come again o, make una help my laptop choosing career..lol

I wanted to go for new laptop but seems Iam just wasting my time searching, as most new ones I can afford doesn't meet my specs.

Now I have resolved in going for UK used but I have never bought anything UK used before, iam always skeptical about it that its always having fault, doesnt last longer, giving one problem or the other etc.

But pls my people, how true is this ? Those that have been using uk used, pls i believe they are also good ? pls make una help my fear and help me settle this matter...thanks

In short, I plan going for HP elitebook 820, 4gb/500gb, core i5. OR Hp probook 430 8gb/500gb
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by thinksmart1(f): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hi Adebowale .I have Grade1 USA laptops for sale . Check out the Specs below

Grade1 USA used Intel corei5
Brand name : HP
Model : Elitebook 840 G2
SSD : 256gb
Ram : 8gbram
Keyboard light
Finger print
Screen size : 14.1inch
Memory card slots : MMC. MS. MS pro. SD 3 USB Port
Bluetooth yes
HD Webcam yes
Wireless network WiFi : yes
Battery backup : 4hrs
Microsoft package : windows 10 installed
Body look : as clean as new
Condition : working perfectly, great battery

Price is 148k

Free original charger
Warranty on all our laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery

WhatsApp - 08112229171

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by thinksmart1(f): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
mhiztalee:
Please gurus. I would need a rough estimate on how much I can get a 250 or 500HDD fairly used and cheapest SSD

Model : Elitebook Revolve
HDD : 128gb ssd
Ram : 4gb
Touchscreen
Keyboard light
Twist 360degrees
Processor Speed; 2.5ghz
Screen size : 11inch
Bluetooth : yes
HD Webcam yes
Battery backup : 5hrs

Price is 120k

Free original charger
Warranty
Free delivery within Lagos only and its pay on delivery
WhatsApp 08112229171

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by thinksmart1(f): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Adebowale1616:
My people I don come again o, make una help my laptop choosing career..lol

I wanted to go for new laptop but seems Iam just wasting my time searching, as most new ones I can afford doesn't meet my specs.

Now I have resolved in going for UK used but I have never bought anything UK used before, iam always skeptical about it that its always having fault, doesnt last longer, giving one problem or the other etc.

But pls my people, how true is this ? Those that have been using uk used, pls i believe they are also good ? pls make una help my fear and help me settle this matter...thanks

In short, I plan going for HP elitebook 820, 4gb/500gb, core i5. OR Hp probook 430 8gb/500gb

Model : Elitebook 840 G2
SSD : 256gb
Keyboard light
Finger print
Screen size : 14.1inch
Bluetooth yes
HD Webcam yes

Price is 148k

Free original charger

WhatsApp - 08112229171

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by thinksmart1(f): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
frankobobby:
How much is 500gb HDD and 1tb HDD pls?

Grade1 USA used Intel corei7
Model : Pavilion DV7
HDD : 1tb
Finger print
Shows light on Mouse pad
Screen size : 17inch
Memory card slots : MMC. MS. MS pro. SD 3 USB Port hdmi
HD Webcam yes
Bluetooth yes
DVD RW CD ROM hdmi

Price is 155k

Free original charger
WhatsApp 08112229171

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Abeg who know the price of 8gb or 12gb ram compatible with hp 15-bs134wm
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by pabon(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
Please, I have a problem with my laptop. The screen doesn't light up when connected to the power adapter. Worse still, the battery juice no longer lasts as long as it should. Since it started, I haven't been able to charge the laptop to 100%.
Can anyone help me please?

I've tried the recommendations I found on Google about changing power options. It doesn't fix the issue. I think the problem started when I used a small tiger generator to charge. The voltage was fluctuating but I badly needed to use the laptop. So, I risked it.

Any help?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
pabon:
Please, I have a problem with my laptop. The screen doesn't light up when connected to the power adapter. Worse still, the battery juice no longer lasts as long as it should. Since it started, I haven't been able to charge the laptop to 100%.
Can anyone help me please?

I've tried the recommendations I found on Google about changing power options. It doesn't fix the issue. I think the problem started when I used a small tiger generator to charge. The voltage was fluctuating but I badly needed to use the laptop. So, I risked it.

Any help?
Does the laptop still charge when connect the power adapter ?
Does it power on but the screen doesn't display ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by pabon(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Adewale1603:

Does the laptop still charge when connect the power adapter ?
Does it power on but the screen doesn't display ?
It charges. However, it goes blank like two seconds after its plugged in. It comes back on immediately I remove the charger. So, I can't work on the laptop if it's charging. Initially, it began with a shaking screen which rendered the laptop totally unusable. Now, the screen is stable. The problem now is the blank screen when power adapter is plugged in.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rozay27: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
Adewale1603:
Ram has varying memory speeds on how it make the system faster, higher memory speed means faster performance than low memory speed rams. For example a ram memory speed of 800mhz will be faster than ram memory speed of 667mhz, 1600mhz will be faster than 1333mhz. And 1333mhz faster than 1066mhz. And these is dependent on the system compliants. And you know most systems has 2 ram slots for inserting the ram module while some systems has 4 ram slots. If you want to use 4gb ram, you will insert 2gb ram in one slot and the other 2gb ram in the second ram slot, if you are using 2gb of higher ram speed, use the same 2gb of higher ram speed for the second so as to be of the same speed. Because if you use different ram speed, a higher ram speed and a lower ram speed, your system will be using the lower ram speed to perform and will be slow
Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Devilpen(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
pabon:

It charges. However, it goes blank like two seconds after its plugged in. It comes back on immediately I remove the charger. So, I can't work on the laptop if it's charging. Initially, it began with a shaking screen which rendered the laptop totally unusable. Now, the screen is stable. The problem now is the blank screen when power adapter is plugged in.

Try using another charger
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
pabon:

why don't you test it with another charger, your charger might be faulty, then if it is not the charger, that small tiger generator have spoilt some integrated circuits on your motherboard, something that deals with the charging ports
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uptimum123(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Don't know what's wrong with my laptop,i shut it down at %20 yesterday after I was done with it,so when nepa brought light back I gave it to my friend to help charge at her place,few minutes later she came saying it wasn't charging,so when I got there I tried to switch it on but it wasn't coming on,I also removed the battery and put the charger alone,it was still the same,so for now I know the fault is not from the charger or battery,also she insisted it didn't fell on the ground,please anything I can do on my side with out visiting an engineer?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by pabon(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Adewale1603:
why don't you test it with another charger, your charger might be faulty, then if it is not the charger, that small tiger generator have spoilt some integrated circuits on your motherboard, something that deals with the charging ports
I've been thinking it could be the charger. I plan to check it out on Monday.

That aside. There's another issue. This one came up before but I've been managing it. The keyboard no longer works. Neither does the mouse. Funny though, function keys to increase and reduce brightness still works (only two buttons that work). I've had to make do with an external mouse. Do you know any fix I can try?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by pabon(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Devilpen:

Try using another charger
Thanks. That's what I'll do.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
pabon:

That aside. There's another issue. This one came up before but I've been managing it. The keyboard no longer works. Neither does the mouse. Funny though, function keys to increase and reduce brightness still works (only two buttons that work). I've had to make do with an external mouse. Do you know any fix I can try?
is the laptop an intel core i3 ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Deasegun19(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
please, where can I get this charger and price?
ASUS VivoBook X202E-DB91 - 11.6" - Pentium 987 - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD | X202E-DB91

Input
AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)

Output
33 Watt, 19 V, 1.75 A
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Devilpen(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
pabon:

Try loosing the keyboard and get dust off it, if it isn't working, try checking the silver lining directly at the keyboard connector, if it's not faded then try checking for punctures on the connector and if it's faded try slicing off those faded silver areas
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by pabon(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
Devilpen:

Try loosing the keyboard and get dust off it, if it isn't working, try checking the silver lining directly at the keyboard connector, if it's not faded then try checking for punctures on the connector and if it's faded try slicing off those faded silver areas
Wish I have the tools for this. Well, I'd talk to the technician when I get there. Thanks, Devilpen. Didn't even know you were this good with repairs.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Pls what are the things to do on laptop after purchase before using it ? I mean in terms of activation, installation etc

And how can I transfer all my files and data from my old PC into the new one ?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Adebowale1616:
Pls what are the things to do on laptop after purchase before using it ? I mean in terms of activation, installation etc

And how can I transfer all my files and data from my old PC into the new one ?

Thanks.
It depends on the laptop, Do you bought it brand new or Fairly Uk or Usa used laptop . If you bought it brand new it would come preinstalled with the windows Os, on first time powering on the laptop, you will just follow the instructions prompt on your screen to complete and activate your windows, some cases might require a one time selection of windows version either 64bit or 32bit to choose. You can connect your former hard disk drive from the old pc to your new pc to transfer all your data and files with an hard disk cable.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Adewale1603:
It depends on the laptop, Do you bought it brand new or Fairly Uk or Usa used laptop . If you bought it brand new it would come preinstalled with the windows Os, on first time powering on the laptop, you will just follow the instructions prompt on your screen to complete and activate your windows, some cases might require a one time selection of windows version either 64bit or 32bit to choose. You can connect your former hard disk drive from the old pc to your new pc to transfer all your data and files with an hard disk cable.

Ok thank you sir...... its a Uk used though.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
Adebowale1616:

Ok thank you sir...... its a Uk used though.
If it is a Uk used, It is likely that it would not be the original windows that came with it, They would have already reloaded the windows Os into any version they desired, usually 64bit. Activate the windows and would have done the driver installations already for you. Some might have also helped you install some general apps or softwares like Microsoftword, excel, powerpoint vlc, adobe reader, chrome e.t.c

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.