Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162307 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2020
Ominie:

I need help on this please
These are normal softwares glitches or bugs associated with windows 10, a restart of your pc will often resolve this, and a simple system restore settings or you could use the windows recovery to restore back your system to default settings.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2020
somehow:

thanks bro

here I am thinking it could be the inbuilt power circuit of the laptop
Try and test it with another Ac adapter first
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by somehow: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:
Try and test it with another Ac adapter first

thanks!

another issue, the case is broken, especially the power side and the screen is blinking and partly inked

do you have an idea on where I can get a replacement case and a new screen?

laptop is in lagos

its gateway NV52L15U
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2020
somehow:

thanks!

another issue, the case is broken, especially the power side and the screen is blinking and partly inked

do you have an idea on where I can get a replacement case and a new screen?

laptop is in lagos

its gateway NV52L15U
That one is over to the Computer forum thread and Tech, you can ask the Engineers and marketers over there about the screen replacement price and broken casing, and the price to fix it. some engineers will direct you to their shop office address for those in Lagos
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by somehow: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:
That one is over to the Computer forum thread and Tech, you can ask the Engineers and marketers over there about the screen replacement price and broken casing, and the price to fix it. some engineers will direct you to their shop office address for those in Lagos

thanks bro

which thread is that?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2020
somehow:

thanks bro

which thread is that?
Computers/ technology markets
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rozay27: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2020
I just got a core i7 laptop, 16gb ram, 500gb hdd laptop yesterday.
I have updated d windows and drives, but my system is slow..i dont know why, its suppose to be lightning fast. Pls i need ur help. Its a lenovo w530
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by somehow: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:
Computers/ technology markets
thank you
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
Rozay27:
I just got a core i7 laptop, 16gb ram, 500gb hdd laptop yesterday.
I have updated d windows and drives, but my system is slow..i dont know why, its suppose to be lightning fast. Pls i need ur help. Its a lenovo w530
You have a great system specs, your system should be noticeably fast like the speed of light considering the fact that it is a quad core, core i7 processor 2.6ghz speed and up to 3.6ghz max turbo speed. 16gb ddr3 ram And two switchable graphics chips. Make sure you download each drivers and chipsets from the manufacturer website page and up-to-date. Use a healthy hard disk drive or switch to a faster SSD drive. Use a ram memory of faster speed and ensure that each ram module are of the same speeds. Use a high rating power adapter for optimum and full performance.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by BOLA625(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sir,how can i enable/activate wireless wifi in my window 10 desktop computer. Reply needed.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ominie(m): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:
These are normal softwares glitches or bugs associated with windows 10, a restart of your pc will often resolve this, and a simple system restore settings or you could use the windows recovery to restore back your system to default settings.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rozay27: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:

You have a great system specs, your system should be noticeably fast like the speed of light considering the fact that it is a quad core, core i7 processor 2.6ghz speed and up to 3.6ghz max turbo speed. 16gb ddr3 ram And two switchable graphics chips. Make sure you download each drivers and chipsets from the manufacturer website page and up-to-date. Use a healthy hard disk drive or switch to a faster SSD drive. Use a ram memory of faster speed and ensure that each ram module are of the same speeds. Use a high rating power adapter for optimum and full performance.
Thanks a lot...wud look into it tomorrow at cv
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rozay27: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
Adewale1603:

So its nt advisable to update drivers from windows update
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
Rozay27:

So its nt advisable to update drivers from windows update
Windows Update is a free Microsoft service that's used to provide updates like service packs and patches for the Windows operating system and other Microsoft software. Windows Update can also be used to update drivers for popular hardware devices and that one is dependent on the model make of the particular pc. Windows updates is a different thing, it's updates from microsoft. the system drivers for the particular model of laptop like the graphics driver, hard disk sata controller, webcam camera, integrated speakers, wifi, bluetooth, ethernet ports, Dvd rom drive, Network adapters, sound, video and game controllers, mice and keyboards, e.t.c can be downloaded from the manufacturer support and help page. Lenovo website
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by profeoo(m): 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Good day gurus in the house.
Please how do I fix 'low system resources' issues when on Zoom.
I just bought a new system with relatively nothing saved but when on Zoom, I get the above message and it affects my audio quality.
I have tried clearing background apps to no avail. Please help.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uche393: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
hi, my laptop Hp pavilion (g series AMD) is not booting.
the fan rotates, light blinks (connectivity, caps lock and hardisk light).
charging indicator shows
but the screen doesn't show

what might be the problem.
pls help.
@adewale1603 help pls
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by NearPerfect(m): 10:50am On Jul 08, 2020
Similar issue with the post above my HP pavilion won't come on. Charging indicator shows but nothing else works, the power button does nothing when I pushed it, fan doesn't rotate nor does any LED on the system blinks. I took out the battery and do static electricity troubleshooting but no luck. Any idea what could be the problem here?

Cc: adewale1603
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
NearPerfect:
Similar issue with the post above my HP pavilion won't come on. Charging indicator shows but nothing else works, the power button does nothing when I pushed it, fan doesn't rotate nor does any LED on the system blinks. I took out the battery and do static electricity troubleshooting but no luck. Any idea what could be the problem here?

Cc: adewale1603
your motherboard
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rozay27: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:

Pls wat do you mean by ram module must be dsame speed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
Rozay27:

Pls wat do you mean by ram module must be dsame speed
Ram has varying memory speeds on how it make the system faster, higher memory speed means faster performance than low memory speed rams. For example a ram memory speed of 800mhz will be faster than ram memory speed of 667mhz, 1600mhz will be faster than 1333mhz. And 1333mhz faster than 1066mhz. And these is dependent on the system compliants. And you know most systems has 2 ram slots for inserting the ram module while some systems has 4 ram slots. If you want to use 4gb ram, you will insert 2gb ram in one slot and the other 2gb ram in the second ram slot, if you are using 2gb of higher ram speed, use the same 2gb of higher ram speed for the second so as to be of the same speed. Because if you use different ram speed, a higher ram speed and a lower ram speed, your system will be using the lower ram speed to perform and will be slow
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
uche393:
hi, my laptop Hp pavilion (g series AMD) is not booting.
the fan rotates, light blinks (connectivity, caps lock and hardisk light).
charging indicator shows
but the screen doesn't show

what might be the problem.
pls help.
@adewale1603 help pls
Does the caps lock blinks continuously, How many times does it blinks ? Remove the Rams and clean it well and Make sure the ram modules are seated properly in the memory slot
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uche393: 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:

Does the caps lock blinks continuously, How many times does it blinks ? Remove the Rams and clean it well and Make sure the ram modules are seated properly in the memory slot
it blinks continuously but the screen doesn't display anything
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
uche393:
it blinks continuously but the screen doesn't display anything
how many times does it blinks and in what consecutive sequence
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uche393: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:
how many times does it blinks and in what consecutive sequence
it blinks @40/minutes continuously.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by NearPerfect(m): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:
your motherboard

Oh. Any idea how much a motherboard goes for? Hope the process doesn't erase/format my files?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
NearPerfect:

Oh. Any idea how much a motherboard goes for? Hope the process doesn't erase/format my files?
Motherboards are expensive, because it's the whole system itself. The price depends on your system model and configurations. It does not affect your files, as your files and your operating system are contained in your Hard disk drive. Your files are completely safe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
uche393:
it blinks @40/minutes continuously.
your screen does not display. Can you test your laptop with another functional ram, because a bad ram memory will cause the screen not to display, or you could power on the laptop and block the ventilation air flow area with a blanket or heavy clothes, let the system get hots for like 20 minutes to 30 minutes, after that, shut it down by pressing the power button and remove the blankets and power on the laptop. The laptop will surely come on. The process is called a heat reflow
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by NearPerfect(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:
Motherboards are expensive, because it's the whole system itself. The price depends on your system model and configurations. It does not affect your files, as your files and your operating system are contained in your Hard disk drive. Your files are completely safe

Alright bro thanks for the help taking it to CV soonest.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uche393: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adewale1603:
your screen does not display. Can you test your laptop with another functional ram, because a bad ram memory will cause the screen not to display, or you could power on the laptop and block the ventilation air flow area with a blanket or heavy clothes, let the system get hots for like 20 minutes to 30 minutes, after that, shut it down by pressing the power button and remove the blankets and power on the laptop. The laptop will surely come on. The process is called a heat reflow
thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seunmarytemi(f): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
pls my some of my keypad are not working, what can I do
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adebowale1616: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good day my people. Pls apart from HP and Dell that people do talk is a good brand of laptop, pls is Lenovo a good brand as well ? Is it also a good buy ?

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 12k: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SHAKING ALWAYS BUT SOMETIME IT TURNT TO NORMAL WHEN I SHAKE IT A LITTLE BIT, HP POLIO

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.