Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital (62615 Views)

Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Vigil Mass In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by engrjacuzzi: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
if you ask me, I will say the guy indulge in cocaine.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by eyinjuege: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
kenonze:
grin

Damage control.

They have to act fast to control damage already done.
I still blame the Turkish hospital. I guess they were the one that told both media and Stella Odua relatives that the most likely cause of death must have been the medications given to him at the other hospital. I guess he must have been given NSAID without prior knowledge of his pre medical conditions if he has bleeding diathesis. Sometimes private hospital are quick to implicate other private hospitals for their selfish desire.

Turkish hospital saw that it was a Senator son.. ...
They were more concerned about the cash they will get from the little they can do knowing fully well that the chap won't make it.

Should they have sent him away when he was rushed in to their hospital unconscious ? He died 30mins after being rushed to their hospital. He was in a pretty bad shape.
From what I've heard about the Turkish hospital, it seems to be a pretty standard one, with? possible ITU care.
I'm sure if they had rejected him, that would have been another issue and they would still be blamed for rejecting a patient and causing his death.

Secondly, bia what has NSAID got to do with bleeding diasthesis? Pls don't give us purulent stuff here abeg. cheesy. The only connection nsaids have with bleeding is GI bleeding due to irritation of the lining of the stomach/gi.
Bleeding diasthesis is a blood disorder.

Meanwhile, I doubt very much if any authorised person gave that interview, and it's definitely not a Dr.

2 Likes

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by whys: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
What is the name of the drug, so that others can avoid it.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by IamThrive(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please accept my sympathy.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by eyinjuege: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Falzdbadtguy:
maybe he had a ruptured berry aneurysm or a bleed from high dose of NSAIDS for pain from tooth extraction. Judging from his size, he might have been taking low dose aspirin prior to his NSAID prescription

Why link a high dose of Nsaid (which wasn't mentioned to have been given) to the cause of his brain bleed? There are a lot of more common possibilities for a brain bleed.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by eyinjuege: 12:02am On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

Patient underwent a dental procedure most likely under local anaesthesia.

Was the dose administered appropriately?

Did the patient fully recovered from his sedated state prior to being rushed to an alternative hospital where he later died?

Going by the source from the Turkish hospital, the patient was in an unconscious state when he arrived their hospital. So that only proves to a certain degree that the patient underwent a botched dental operation most likely due to wrong administration of local anaesthesia.

Not everybody is a gbana lord like your Tinubu.

If you're going to go by the post, the loss of consciousness was caused by a subarachnoid bleed. I believe they must have done a brain CT to confirm that.
What has any medication(other than anticlotting agents ) got to do with a subarachnoid bleed? Especially one for anesthesia?
Even if he had a bleed during his operation, that must have been incidental and nothing to do with the surgery or medication . Most likely from a ruptured brain aneurysm which is the commonest cause or a high blood pressure. A rupture occurs suddenly, and most people that have an aneurysm never knew they had one before it ruptured. It's a ticking time bomb, and nobody's fault. Smoking has also been linked to subarachnoid bleeding.

2 Likes

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by mechanics(m): 12:04am On Aug 29, 2016
Tomrock007:
May his soul rest in peace
The face in that first pix scare me
hahahaha, d guy don flex life wela.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2016
nylawal:

You will be surprised they don't even have stable consultants there and they have some anti worker policies eg a worker is not allowed to bring their 3 month old baby to work. When I heard this I wondered if this was a bank or hospital.
But why would anyone be allowed to bring baby to work. Are you going there to work or take care of the baby at work

2 Likes

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by newbornmacho(m): 12:17am On Aug 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

Aspirin and nsaids can cause GI bleeding, which the guy didnt have.
Nsaids do not cause bleeding elsewhere other than the git
Stop repeating this. Nsaids are contraindicated in bleeding diathesis. Not necessarily bc of sah, but if he had a bleeding disorder and was given nsaids or ASA it could warrant a criminal inquiry.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Decryptor(m): 1:39am On Aug 29, 2016
Some people lost sleep since the day Enugu airport was converted to an International Airport.

The first international Cargo plane landed in Enugu and just 2 days later, the boy died...

Stella Oduah's enemies killed the guy! QED!!

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by millionaireman: 2:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Story. Brain haemorrhage to make their account believable. The dead has no voice to speak for him.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by KanwuliaExtra: 2:42am On Aug 29, 2016
This dude na 28 years old? shocked
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by tunde1200(m): 2:54am On Aug 29, 2016
lielbree:
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's the worst thing in the world to loose a child

Not only that to loose a wife too is a worst thing.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by LorDBolton(m): 3:28am On Aug 29, 2016
Elkay3:

Education sector wasn't dead at my own time, it's just laziness that creeps in. Relying on Auto-correct which isn't always correct, per say.
Ok all d same errors won't creep in if u stick to the simple words.

It's a fact dat dis new abbrev. Trend has adversely affected d spelling ability of many peeps but honestly online it's all just banter on my end .

Enjoy the week ahead bruv.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by hakimi1974(m): 4:32am On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:
grin

Damage control.

I still blame the Turkish hospital. I guess they were the one that told both media and Stella Odua relatives that the most likely cause of death must have been the medications given to him at the other hospital. I guess he must have been given NSAID without prior knowledge of his pre medical conditions if he has bleeding diathesis. Sometimes private hospital are quick to implicate other private hospitals for their selfish desire.

They were more concerned about the cash they will get from the little they can do knowing fully well that the chap won't make it.
me, carry myself go any private hospital? tufiakwa, allah ya kiaye.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by mikolo80: 4:45am On Aug 29, 2016
jerryunit48:
Sad ,tooth wey mallam fit just remove for backyard na him just kill person so ? Well RIP
ma so karma de do in tin
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by delishpot: 5:00am On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

If given in higher dosage it can lead to unconsciousness.

Maybe they dosed him by wrong calculation due to his weight? Na wa sha. I mourn with every parent that has ever lost a child. E no easy at all.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by delishpot: 5:06am On Aug 29, 2016
nylawal:

I agree, most of these private hospitals in Abuja are firstly business minded before humanitarian/ medically minded. You will be shocked to know the kind of inexperienced doctors that Turkish Hospital has. Most gullible Nigerians are moved with the Turkish personnel whom most are not even qualified doctors, some are technicians while some are are not qualified with mbbs but md's. People don't know the later can only treat routine ailments.

The gigantic building and packaging in terms of building interior glitz and medical equipment are used to create a bogus impression. You will be surprised they don't even have stable consultants there and they have some anti worker policies eg a worker is not allowed to bring their 3 month old baby to work. When I heard this I wondered if this was a bank or hospital.

Why would a worker bring baby to work? I believe maternity policies should be reconsidered in naija to give new moms and as the case may be dads ample time to nurse their infants before returning to work and also by creating government day cares where parents can drop off their kids during working hours. But to carry baby to work? Haba...... that is expecting too much Na.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by delishpot: 5:15am On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:
grin

Damage control.

What are you saying Na? So if you need treatment and you are in critical condition hospitals should reject taking you into their care?
This your way of reasoning is not healthy, we need people to think fast paced to improve naija and Africa as a whole. Look into how to improve lives not how to give up on people when they need help.

whys:
What is the name of the drug, so that others can avoid it.

Even Aspirin and paracetamol could cause death in some people. Does it mean the world should avoid them? What I am trying to say is, unless the medicine involved is considered unsafe for humans in general, there is no need to avoid it except if you are allergic to it.
I know a child that dies after taking combantrin worm medicine. She reacted to it and died. Does that mean that no one should take it at all? Sometimes, u fortunate things happen. The only time I consider it not unfortunate is if the medical personnel or care giver does not handle the case quickly after they notice a crisses. If the patient was ignored or if the medical procedure was done ina a careless manner.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by modath(f): 5:19am On Aug 29, 2016
kenben:
[b][/b]why do people still go to zankli hospital in abuja? Don't the know it's a death trap? Zankli killed my best friend over a simple procedure than can be done in any regular hospital. Those who know zankli avoid it like a plague... The have brought sadness to many, many families. May the soul of their latest victim rest in peace. If u know anyone who uses zankli hospital... Stop them now

& they love unnecessary C-Sections!! undecided
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by modath(f): 5:51am On Aug 29, 2016
Progressive01:
From simply pulling a tooth to his death!! You just can't imagine how incompetent these guys can be sometimes!!

Perhaps one shouldn't blame these people when they sometimes jet out for the treatment of mere headache- our "doctors" are so incompetent they could make a mess of even cutting one's nails!

High time someone sued their asses to hell.

Bros, this story doesn't add up, there are gaps in the narrative, we will know it later...I do not for one moment believe this is the result of a tooth extraction gone bad..... We will know what really went down, sooner rather than later...

I knew from the time the news broke that the hospital in question was Nizamiye (Turkish)... I know the hospital (by chance), i can guess that 90% of Abuja peeps probably don't, it is off the beaten track, it's not a place you "rush" people to, you have to have prior knowledge of that hospital l, the kind of facility there to even set for that direction.

I'm 100% sure there is not one person there that isn't top notch, off all the hospitals in Abuja, i do not know one single individual that uses the place... it looks like a freaking hotel!! It's the kind of place where cards will be procured at 250k...

That's where Uche Chukwuremije died too...
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by wakeupgian(m): 6:21am On Aug 29, 2016
I read it in one of the social media where it was alleged that Maxwell died as a result cocaine overdose.I pity the poor Mum.R.I.P to the dead long live to we the living
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 29, 2016
JODELL:
Tell us the truth, that he died of abused of drugs. looking at he pictures will tell you his into subsatance usage.

You are right. The doctor said he was in coma when he was brought in and all indication points to the fact that he must have overdosed himself on some pure coke which could have led to brain damage and death.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Progressive01(m): 6:24am On Aug 29, 2016
modath:

Bros, this story doesn't add up, there are gaps in the narrative, we will know it later...I do not for one moment believe this is the result of a tooth extraction gone bad..... We will know what really went down, sooner rather than later...

I knew from the time the news broke that the hospital in question was Nizamiye (Turkish)... I know the hospital (by chance), i can guess that 90% of Abuja peeps probably don't, it is off the beaten track, it's not a place you "rush" people to, you have to have prior knowledge of that hospital l, the kind of facility there to even set for that direction.

I'm 100% sure there is not one person there that isn't top notch, off all the hospitals in Abuja, i do not know one single individual that uses the place... it looks like a freaking hotel!! It's the kind of place where cards will be procured at 250k...

Dude was literally brought in "dead" to they Turkish H. So frankly, I don't want to think they have any blames to share here. I blame is squarely on whoever prescribed the meds for him after the tooth removal- I mean, they shouldave done some background checks to know which drugs are most compatible with his system- isn't that why we have variants of drugs that perform the same function in the first place

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Progressive01(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2016
Decryptor:
Some people lost sleep since the day Enugu airport was converted to an International Airport.

The first international Cargo plane landed in Enugu and just 2 days later, the boy died...

Stella Oduah's enemies killed the guy! QED!!
Okay, the boy was killed because someone is jealous a cargo landed in Enugu. So, the death of the boy would put a stop to cargoes landing in Enugu I suppose.

Did God really have to do this to mankind?? sad

3 Likes

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 29, 2016
modath:

The guy must have overdosed on pure coke simple.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:49am On Aug 29, 2016
ReddLabel:
The real cause of his death should be found out so as to stop the reoccurrence of such incidence.

A drug wrongly prescribed or wrongly dispensed?

Intelligent contribution in the face of a sobering incident. Contribution like this from women while many men are just being ridiculous makes me believe Hillary deserves coronation and Trump deserves condemnation. cheers
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by lielbree: 6:53am On Aug 29, 2016
tunde1200:

Not only that to loose a wife too is a worst thing.
did you lose your wife?
My brother I'm so sorry for your loss if that's the case. A good marriage is so amazing. It must truly be devastating.

My God console you and the entire family she left behind.
I lost my daughter on April 16th this year, my only comfort is that I will see her again someday...
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by lielbree: 6:57am On Aug 29, 2016
Nuezha:

Was the child 'tied' down?!

It's "lose" in this context, not "loose"

loose is the opposite of tie
lose is the opposite of gain.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 29, 2016
JODELL:
Tell us the truth, that he died of abused of drugs. looking at he pictures will tell you his into subsatance usage.

You are right. The doctor said he was in coma when he was brought in and all indication points to the fact that he must have overdosed himself on some pure coke which could have led to brain damage and death. Take a good look at his photos and you can tell he is into narcotics abuse and with his too much money mother, getting access to hard drugs must have been like buying pure water on the roadside. The million dollar question is, if actually he died of wrong medication, why didn't they name the private hospital where the surgery was done or the kind of medication that was wrongly prescribed? Whoever prescribed it would have been cooling in jail for negligence due to her financial status and political prowers. The doctors at the Turkish hospital must have been bribed to release this silly statement to the public (which is against the ethics of the medical profession) as a decoy to avoid stigmatization.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2016
Keneking:
Weed - unadulterated type (through the borders)
Excise duty excluded cry
RIP embarassed

It can't be weed. I suspect pure cocaine.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

Should they have sent him away when he was rushed in to their hospital unconscious ? He died 30mins after being rushed to their hospital. He was in a pretty bad shape.
From what I've heard about the Turkish hospital, it seems to be a pretty standard one, with? possible ITU care.
I'm sure if they had rejected him, that would have been another issue and they would still be blamed for rejecting a patient and causing his death.

[s]Secondly, bia what has NSAID got to do with bleeding diasthesis? Pls don't give us purulent stuff here abeg. cheesy. The only connection nsaids have with bleeding is GI bleeding due to irritation of the lining of the stomach/gi.
Bleeding diasthesis is a blood disorder.[/s]

Meanwhile, I doubt very much if any authorised person gave that interview, and it's definitely not a Dr.

U sound like a medical student or an intern.

There's difference between GI irritation (ulcer) and bleeding even though they may occur together.

NSAID promotes bleeding especially in patients with already bleeding disorders.

NSAIDs cause hypocoagulability, which may be serious when combined with other drugs that also decrease blood clotting, such as warfarin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / "Please Forgive Us" - Boko Haram Commanders Beg Nigerians (Pictures) / Epic Reply This Guy Gave Osinbajo On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.