Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital (62619 Views)

Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Vigil Mass In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by modath(f): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Okay, the boy was killed because someone is jealous a cargo landed in Enugu. So, the death of the boy would put a stop to cargoes landing in Enugu I suppose.

Did God really have to do this to mankind?? sad

Do you know how many of such posts I've seen and had to just pray for whoever allowed such to leak from the empty space between his/her head, it's a sorry situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by billyG(m): 7:20am On Aug 29, 2016
He must hav been gvn high doses of Anaethesia if he is a heavy drinker,& a biggy normal dose of anaethesia will hav little effect on him.I will pay her mother a condolence visit.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by ensamy(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2016
NUC has proposed 11 years for training of Doctors in Medical school but later swept under the carpet. When will all this daily negligence stop in this cou
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by ExInferis(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2016
lielbree:
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's the worst thing in the world to lose a child

Yeah.

I lost 2.

And I'm just 36
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by tunde1200(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2016
lielbree:

did you lose your wife?
My brother I'm so sorry for your loss if that's the case. A good marriage is so amazing. It must truly be devastating.

My God console you and the entire family she left behind.
I lost my daughter on April 16th this year, my only comfort is that I will see her again someday...

SORRY... for the lost of your daughter. may almighty heal you fast.
i never loose a wife but i have a friend that lost his wife it really bad situation for the guy to recovered.
up till moment he is not doing normal he used to be as a man.
may because he love the wife so much or what?
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by abinsco25(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

Aspirin and nsaids can cause GI bleeding, which the guy didnt have.
Nsaids do not cause bleeding elsewhere other than the git
Aspirin and NSAID inhibit platelets and this can leads to bleeding.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by eyinjuege: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

U sound like a medical student or an intern.

There's difference between GI irritation (ulcer) and bleeding even though they may occur together.

NSAID promotes bleeding especially in patients with already bleeding disorders.

NSAIDs cause hypocoagulability, which may be serious when combined with other drugs that also decrease blood clotting, such as warfarin.

I'm neither of the above.

You are right about nsaids and bleeders.

But its not a contraindication in patients on anticoagulants.

NSAIDS are used all the time in joint patients and continued ff joint surgery, who have also been started on anticoagulants provided no nsaids contraindication.
A lot of times, the benefits outweigh the risks.

Regarding the young man in question, what are the chances he had a brain bleed aided with nsaid from an undiagnosed bleeding disorder at age 28?

And what are the chances the brain bleed was caused by any medications he was given? He wasn't even bleeding from the site of tooth extraction, no trauma to the head to say it caused the bleeding if he was on anticoagulants.

The whole report on what triggered the cause of his death was premature, and I think with some fabrication as I'm sure autopsy report couldn't have come out yet. The person who they 'claimed' to have interviewed added a lot of embellishments.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by eyinjuege: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2016
abinsco25:
Aspirin and NSAID inhibit platelets and this can leads to bleeding.

Yes, you are right.

I will modify that.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

Why link a high dose of Nsaid (which wasn't mentioned to have been given) to the cause of his brain bleed? There are a lot of more common possibilities for a brain bleed.
its the most common prescribed and abused class of analgesics in Nigeria! common things occur commonly
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

I'm neither of the above.

You are right about nsaids and bleeders.

But its not a contraindication in patients on anticoagulants.

NSAIDS are used all the time in joint patients and continued ff joint surgery, who have also been started on anticoagulants provided no nsaids contraindication.
A lot of times, the benefits outweigh the risks.

Regarding the young man in question, what are the chances he had a brain bleed aided with nsaid from an undiagnosed bleeding disorder at age 28?

And what are the chances the brain bleed was caused by any medications he was given? He wasn't even bleeding from the site of tooth extraction, no trauma to the head to say it caused the bleeding if he was on anticoagulants.

The whole report on what triggered the cause of his death was premature, and I think with some fabrication as I'm sure autopsy report couldn't have come out yet. The person who they 'claimed' to have interviewed added a lot of embellishments.

Autopsy will solve these guesses.

Endocarditis is also a possible cause of death in patients that undergo dental surgeries.
It could have also result from aneurysms if actually they did CT scan.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by whys: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
delishpot:

What are you saying Na? So if you need treatment and you are in critical condition hospitals should reject taking you into their care?
This your way of reasoning is not healthy, we need people to think fast paced to improve naija and Africa as a whole. Look into how to improve lives not how to give up on people when they need help.

Even Aspirin and paracetamol could cause death in some people. Does it mean the world should avoid them? What I am trying to say is, unless the medicine involved is considered unsafe for humans in general, there is no need to avoid it except if you are allergic to it.
I know a child that dies after taking combantrin worm medicine. She reacted to it and died. Does that mean that no one should take it at all? Sometimes, u fortunate things happen. The only time I consider it not unfortunate is if the medical personnel or care giver does not handle the case quickly after they notice a crisses. If the patient was ignored or if the medical procedure was done ina a careless manner.

The issue is what is the drug, was he not supposed to be given at all or is it not necessary for tooth case like his own. The question is was the medicine a wrong one for him or he happened to react to it/suffer side effect of it.
NB this questions are not for only you ,but for many people taking sides with the victim alone.
I had a maths teacher in school who developed deafness from a common drug used to treat a common ailment, I think typhoid while that same drug did not and has not been affecting others.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by gemale(m): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
omojoshy:
Me I dey suspect Cocaine or WEED.

Na y u no come b doctor. Neither of those substances dey cause sub arachnoid hemorrhaging.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by RuggedArab: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

U sound like a medical student or an intern.

There's difference between GI irritation (ulcer) and bleeding even though they may occur together.

NSAID promotes bleeding especially in patients with already bleeding disorders.

NSAIDs cause hypocoagulability, which may be serious when combined with other drugs that also decrease blood clotting, such as warfarin.

Kia! This girl is a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
RuggedArab:

Kia! This girl is a doctor.

RuggedArab,
U did very well.
Tracing my comment up to back pages.
Love you Buddy

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by RuggedArab: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

RuggedArab,
U did very well.
Tracing my comment up to back pages.
Love you Buddy

UPTH or private Hospital?
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
RuggedArab:

UPTH or private Hospital?

Left UPTH 5yrs ago
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by RuggedArab: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

Left UPTH 5yrs ago

Where now?
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by ChiefCommander(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

Patient underwent a dental procedure most likely under local anaesthesia.

Was the dose administered appropriately?

Did the patient fully recovered from his sedated state prior to being rushed to an alternative hospital where he later died?

Going by the source from the Turkish hospital, the patient was in an unconscious state when he arrived their hospital. So that only proves to a certain degree that the patient underwent a botched dental operation most likely due to wrong administration of local anaesthesia.

Not everybody is a gbana lord like your Tinubu.
Oga sir, why are you throwing shots at someone you don't know, who didn't throw any at you? Is that rabies? Be informed, you've got furious rabies! Get well soon!
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by ChiefCommander(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
Falzdbadtguy:
its the most common prescribed and abused class of analgesics in Nigeria! common things occur commonly
If indeed, common things occur commonly, ...NSAIDS shouldn't trigger an intracranial bleed in a 28 year old, ordinarily! Perhaps, you should fiddle with a strong differential of pin-point pupils in this case
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by dakotchic(f): 1:57am On Aug 30, 2016
gemale:

Na y u no come b doctor. Neither of those substances dey cause sub arachnoid hemorrhaging.
GBTYO:

Patient underwent a dental procedure most likely under local anaesthesia.

Was the dose administered appropriately?

Did the patient fully recovered from his sedated state prior to being rushed to an alternative hospital where he later died?

Going by the source from the Turkish hospital, the patient was in an unconscious state when he arrived their hospital. So that only proves to a certain degree that the patient underwent a botched dental operation most likely due to wrong administration of local anaesthesia.

Not everybody is a gbana lord like your Tinubu.
Local anaesthesia(LA) does not cause sedation bro, that's why the name is so. Only thing is the adrenaline added to the LA may cause a surge in blood pressure,i.e if inadvertently injected intravascularly, resulting in sub arach hemorrhage esp in someone with some form of malformations viz:berry aneurysm or AC malformations which are not rare. On another note cocaine and other psychotropic drugs actually cause subarachnoid hemorrhage, even worse if he got LA with adrenaline for a dental procedure. Ya so many postulation but the young man gone too soon! RIP to him and may God comfort those he left.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2016
ChiefCommander:

If indeed, common things occur commonly, ...NSAIDS shouldn't trigger an intracranial bleed in a 28 year old, ordinarily! Perhaps, you should fiddle with a strong differential of pin-point pupils in this case
I didnt say NASAIDS commonly cause intracerebral bleeds. I said NSAIDS are commonly prescribed and abused in Nigeria.

And i didnt tsay this is the cause of his intracerebral bleed, I said Maybe he had a ruptured berry aneurysm which was aggravated by NSAID use due to its antiplatelet effect!

Go and read my post properly and stop being a smart assss
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Livinusc(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
Rest in peace bro,the rich also cry.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by nylawal(m): 1:43am On Aug 31, 2016
delishpot:

Why would a worker bring baby to work? I believe maternity policies should be reconsidered in naija to give new moms and as the case may be dads ample time to nurse their infants before returning to work and also by creating government day cares where parents can drop off their kids during working hours. But to carry baby to work? Haba...... that is expecting too much Na.

what I mean is that hospitals are meant to be baby friendly. What would be the level of productivity of a nursing mother if her baby is miles away from her. I'm talking of a Doctor here who sometimes have to be on night shift. Some other private organizations are creating baby nursery and crèche in this same country and they get better productive workers. Are you telling me there are no crying children in the hospital always?

The world is fast changing and we should know and demand our rights. I stopped my wife from working there, it's a very isolated area where armed robbers can even way lay someone. Even the so called advanced countries are embracing baby friendly work place. Thank you!
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by delishpot: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
nylawal:

what I mean is that hospitals are meant to be baby friendly. What would be the level of productivity of a nursing mother if her baby is miles away from her. I'm talking of a Doctor here who sometimes have to be on night shift. Some other private organizations are creating baby nursery and crèche in this same country and they get better productive workers. Are you telling me there are no crying children in the hospital always?

The world is fast changing and we should know and demand our rights. I stopped my wife from working there, it's a very isolated area where armed robbers can even way lay someone. Even the so called advanced countries are embracing baby friendly work place. Thank you!

Well, I do not know about doctors bringing babies to work but I know of countries where Mons have 1year maternity leave. So baby is a year old before mom returns to work. Its a shame when kids are denied the care and love they need soon after birth.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital by Uniben4sure: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
He was actually killed due to medication error from the Nigerian hospital not the Turkish hospital. That's it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) / Thug Almost Killed In Okota, Rescued By Police (Photos) / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.