Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) (48875 Views)

Major Streets In Jos Flooded (Photos) / Newly Constructed Walkway In Jakande, Lekki (Photos) / Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by 19naia(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nigeria, building "electric" trains to carry people in a country with no stable electricity supply. They will be trapped in the trains so often and long enough to roast to death in the heat.
Now they want to hail tunnel systems without ever having developed proper drainage systems.

The same amount of money spent on the elctric trains is enough to buy Nigeria a surplus and steady power supply, but good priorities are as deficient as electricity.
Same with the money spent of tunnels, the same amount of money if spent on developing advanced underground sewage and drainage tunnels would save so much money and suffering in the long run.

I can't blame them though, they never really know what goes on behind the scenes and underground in Oyibo country, they just know they want to look like oyibo country without the sense of what goes on behind the scenes to make it all work.
Its what happens when the country is run by people whose only talent and knowledge is in chopping money from government coffers.

If they put in a pump, it will be issues with fuel scarcity to power it. If the pump is electric, the issue will be no NEPA. Always trying to look more like progress than they actually are. Priorities must be sorted.
Go See the pictures of when Mark Zuckerberg the US billionaire came to Lagos. He was the only one dressed like he had no money or success to wear on his body. The people he went to visit were all dressed up in collared shirts with necktie and so on. When you spend all your energies on looking like an image on the surface, there will not be any energy left to grow the most important part on the inside.
All these Nigerians acting the big boy part wanting to fly private jets in the frame work for a shambled economy, because they are too good to do real work, only money-money-money and no sense, and all the while it is common workers with little money who make Nigeria work despite the parasites at the top embezzling it all. Next time you step up to your jet feeling big and intelligent, remember it was common bicycle mechanics who invented the first airplane in a time when it was out of the grasp of others who had invented cars and other advanced technologies of the day. I have more respect for the intelligence of a road side vulcanizer than i do most of the so called big boys in monied places in Nigeria.
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Ximonak: 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
9jatriot:
Ok. You are looking at the politics, am just angered at the flawed engineering. Boss na for man or woman na.

Bro don't blame the engineer sometimes.
I have experience where the client (LG incharge) refused to release the money proposed for the construction of drainage covers. He said since its a street with less traffic no need to cover the drainage but in the budget / engineering design it was included. So the job was done like that...
Imagine Uselu Road in benin the wide drainage is open, cars do fall inside + no single flyover for pedestrians to cross in that major busy road.
So does it mean that during the engineering design that all this was not included...
Blackman don't care about life
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by graciandubuisi(f): 12:32am On Aug 31, 2016
grin grin grin grin abagworo!
Ujoatu
How market?
Our Imo State E-warriors, cat got your fingers?!
Shey you guys says the truth always and the rest of the Imolites hates my brother and speaks ill of him and the E-warriors are d only ones that love my brother.
Lol grin grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 1:03am On Aug 31, 2016
sarrki:
I have not heard 9f this road been commissioned

Pls let's be constructive in our criticism

It's for the good of all .

We should grow over may be it's APC or PDP

our concerns should be the betterment of our Dear society and country

Youth Pls wake-up

look at this afonja oooo.

the yoruba muslim trying to be smart by half...

imagine if this is wike or obiano

ur afonjaism would ve been on full throttle. go and sit down..

every one kno rochass is a clown.

abagworo abagworro abagoro beremx ujoatu wat do you ve to say

1 Like

Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by stchinedu: 2:30am On Aug 31, 2016
jmoore:
Na this thing be tunnel?

Your disappointment no reach my own sef undecided
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by armyofone(m): 2:31am On Aug 31, 2016
This is not a tunnel. Not sure what it is called.
Tunnel eh grin grin
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by sexaddict08(m): 5:05am On Aug 31, 2016
abokibuhari:

are you a wailer?
you don't even know who are wailer is.
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Sgwash: 7:09am On Aug 31, 2016
9jatriot:
The responsible party for this project should be the engineers that designed such a project and the engineering department of the civil service and not necessarily the politicians who are not experts in construction.
In this age and time when more serious nations are building tunnels across countries and even continents, just to join two road has become a problem. Naija, I de fear una
well, what do u expect when the contract job is given to the preferred Instead of the qualified Believe me, no seasoned engineer can do that crap u see there. Also, coupled with the fact that this government is a win win government, he'd like to build a skyscraper with materials for a boys quarter
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Rekyz(m): 7:16am On Aug 31, 2016
This guys are lucky there aren't rivers in Owerri. With all d rivers in calabar, d drainage system is very good. Small rain in Owerri, u'll see flood everywhere, 4rm egbu, Awaka, relief, even @concord rd. Wen next I visit, I wont leave my boat behind
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:26am On Aug 31, 2016
Rekyz:
This guys are lucky there aren't rivers in Owerri. With all d rivers in calabar, d drainage system is very good. Small rain in Owerri, u'll see flood everywhere, 4rm egbu, Awaka, relief, even @concord rd. Wen next I visit, I wont leave my boat behind

Anybody using the present Owerri under construction to make declaratory statements is only mischievous knowing fully well the reason for the floods which includes non-stop 2 weeks downpour and ongoing destruction and reconstruction of all major roads in the old city.
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by phranq(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2016
Femich18:

Thank you but you should understand why the criticism is much..Its Okorocha nah An APC guy for that matter..Let them keep hating....its in their DNA

bros...sori u r rong. hv u bin to owerri to see dez dugouts named tunnels?? hv u driven round d city of owerri? Rochas has scammed d pple of IMO state with his oratory!!! even if d so called tunnel has not bin commissioned...is dat why it shld be waterlogged as a literate person, plz honestly assess d dangers posed by d shaby work don on d acclaimed tunnels. d pix tels it all dat both d contractor, d minister of works n possibly d gov shld d questioned n jailed for putting d lives of imolites to potential danger
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Obas101(m): 8:22am On Aug 31, 2016
Abagworo:

That's not an overhead bridge but a tunnel below sea level that makes use of pump and underground water collector. Tunnels are prone to flooding more than normal roads but dunce like you will accept roads get flooded after heavy rains but believe tunnels should be dry. Such a pity.
Dunce undecided I'm going to keep my cool on this one cos if i start i won't just insult you but cause your generation as well. I can't stand being insulted
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by phranq(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2016
ominibaba80:
This is the newly Constructed tunnel at Concord Hotel Junction in Owerri Imo state, this project is less than 4 months old.

The upper part of the tunnel is blocked because no car can drive at the top to avoid collapse.

If you live in Owerri or you pass through Owerri, you will understand what am talking about.

I will appreciate if u change d name tunnel to dugout thank u
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Psoul(m): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2016
agwom:
lipsrsealed

So what are you driving at?.....show us how bad ur governor is....right?.
My brother can you for once swallow your anger against this man an be positive for once and stop deceiving those as gullible as u r and also making ppl far from buying you cheap lies and propaganda. You have a governor that is even working and you have mouth to spill trash, you guys should lend us your governor for just 6 months and he'll transform my static state back to its former glory.

Back to the topic. The tunnel has been constructed, not yet commissioned. The upper part was not been closed to avoid collapsed rather because it has not been commissioned for usage. Guy i kw you kw this fact very well but just want to paint someone black.

for the flood, it was not due to bad construction of the tunnel. There is a road construction ongoing there, due to some drainage blockage due to the road construction, the flood had to take wherever that is free. My brother dont pretend that you dont know this.

Your Governor might not be righteous, but i can see he is working, weda u term it witch hunting or whatever, he is working. He may not get it right all the time, but accept the few he did well.

May God bless Imo State.
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by fxskye: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2016
Liver POOL TUNEL
Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Psoul:

So what are you driving at?.....show us how bad ur governor is....right?.
My brother can you for once swallow your anger against this man an be positive for once and stop deceiving those as gullible as u r and also making ppl far from buying you cheap lies and propaganda. You have a governor that is even working and you have mouth to spill trash, you guys should lend us your governor for just 6 months and he'll transform my static state back to its former glory.

Back to the topic. The tunnel has been constructed, not yet commissioned. The upper part was not been closed to avoid collapsed rather because it has not been commissioned for usage. Guy i kw you kw this fact very well but just want to paint someone black.

for the flood, it was not due to bad construction of the tunnel. There is a road construction ongoing there, due to some drainage blockage due to the road construction, the flood had to take wherever that is free. My brother dont pretend that you dont know this.

Your Governor might not be righteous, but i can see he is working, weda u term it witch hunting or whatever, he is working. He may not get it right all the time, but accept the few he did well.

May God bless Imo State.

The recent decision by Okorocha to reconstruct all the roads in old Owerri has not gone down well with a lot of people mainly because of jealousy. They believe he is about wiping off everything done by past Governments in Owerri thereby starting Owerri afresh with Okorocha's imprint everywhere. They therefore are trying as much as possible to use blackmail to swing people against Okorocha and prevent him from developing Owerri and taking the credit. Most people being deceived are those far from home who depend more on stories and pictures than 1st hand experience. My friend based in Boston USA showed me this picture of block work which he claimed was flyover construction by Okorocha as sent to him by a relative. They equally showed him roads under construction during heavy rain just to make him hate Okorocha.

Re: The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) by Doug07034780891(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
phranq:

bros...sori u r rong. hv u bin to owerri to see dez dugouts named tunnels?? hv u driven round d city of owerri? Rochas has scammed d pple of IMO state with his oratory!!! even if d so called tunnel has not bin commissioned...is dat why it shld be waterlogged as a literate person, plz honestly assess d dangers posed by d shaby work don on d acclaimed tunnels. d pix tels it all dat both d contractor, d minister of works n possibly d gov shld d questioned n jailed for putting d lives of imolites to potential danger

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? / Soldiers Clean Up Ikeja As It Celebrates Army Day (Photos) / INEC Removes Alhassan Doguwa’s Name From Reps-Elect List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.