Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago (26934 Views)

Supreme Court Voids Mobil’s Sack Of 860 Nigerian Staff, 18 Years After / A Female Nigeria Painter Showcase Her Skills Prove That She Is Not Lazy / Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by emamos: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
The painter in this picture is Belami 18 years ago

The president, National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers and national leader of the Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Comrade Isaac Balami has let out a heart-chilling story on how he started his career on a humble pedestrian, having gone through unimaginable poverty.

Belami who marked his birthday anniversary on the 25th of August 2016, with painters, masons and a host of others who engage in menial jobs in Abuja, told them and others his story just to inspire them in order not to give up on their lives.

Addressing the crowd after the birthday, Belami who is also the founder of the Nigeria Rebirth Project, said 18 years ago, he was struggling with life, and that at one point, he was a painter, after which he became a suck-away evacuator and later became a manson. He said he tried his hands in suya business and other jobs while struggling with life.

According to him, ‘’ Who would have thought that a mere painter just 18 years ago could become the national president of the Association of Nigerian Pilots and Engineers? Who would have thought that an ordinary mason just 16 years ago could become the past spokesperson of Trade Union Congress of Nigeria? Who would have thought that a filthy and stenchy soak-away evacuator from the North-Eastern part of Nigeria could become the president of Arewa youth consultative forum? Who would have thought that a man who could hardly afford a daily meal could cater for over 500 widows and sponsor nearly 500 children in school as a commitment from a foundation he owns? Who would have thought that a helpless man who faced a lot of challenges would be the founder of Nigeria Rebirth Project?,’’ he asked rhetorically.

Read his speech below…

‘’Friends, every 25th of August is not just to celebrate my birthday but a day to reflect over the past and revel in the present.
‘’Who would have thought that a mere painter just 18 years ago could become the national president of the Association of Nigerian Pilots and Engineers? Who would have thought that an ordinary mason just 16 years ago could become the past spokesperson of Trade Union Congress of Nigeria?Who would have thought that a filthy and stenchy soak-away evacuator from the North-Eastern part of Nigeria could become the president of Arewa youth consultative forum? Who would have thought that a man who could hardly afford a daily meal could cater for over 500 widows and sponsor nearly 500 children in school as a commitment from a foundation he owns? Who would have thought that a helpless man who faced a lot of religious and ethnic discrimination would be the founder of Nigeria Rebirth Project?: its unveiling had a convergence of 66 ambassadors of nations and well over 20 state governors’ wives. Who would have thought that a young man whose fellow students refer to as Mai suya could build BD Hub, the largest hub in Africa. I could count on the seemingly odd and unfavourable pebbles life threw at me as a young man.
‘’But I tell you something friends, God raised me up! God raised me above those stormy seas. If you are looking for the man that should have amounted to nothing either by hard work or background, it is me! But God in His amazing grace brought me where I am today and I will not lose touch with that fact.
‘’So on the 25th of August being my birthday, I had the singular honor and privilege to celebrate with my friends once again, just like we have always done over the years. The ones doing the dirty and menial jobs in Abuja. The ones always reminding me of my past. The masons, carpenters, diggers, painters et al. The ones I could have looked down on because of my present status in the society.

‘’Then I discovered something. I am in no way better than them. It was just God that made my life this enviable. A few of my friends who do not know me too well think I was born with silver spoon. They accuse me of trying to inspire them because I had a very smooth background. Let me reiterate once again that God is the reason for my success story. Not my academic prowess or intellectual property. So I took time to hang outwith these great men after their day’s job. We gisted, danced, cut the cake, ate and drank in merriment.They got motivated by me and I in turn got inspired by them. What a symbiotic atmosphere that was!
‘’God willing, I wish to do this for the rest of my life. Forgetting them is forgetting my life and forgetting my life is simply forgetting God who makes all things possible. I dread that day and I pray it does not come.
‘’This is a clarion call on every great dreamer out there, most especially the hustlers in these hard economic times. Do not give up! Do not give in! Keep keeping on! If God could place me this high, He will do the same for you, even more, only if you will not stop believing

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/29/suck-away-evacuator-painter-mason-18-years-ago-naape-president-balami/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by emamos: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
When there s life,there s hope

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by finalboss(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
thats very true...when there's life

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hard work pays, perseverance breeds success

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by spactacus(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Love this
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Bodmas94(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
nice one....congrats sir
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oga get started asap jare,

That was how someone came up some years ago with the I NEVER HAD A SHOE tale only to end up supervising the most mind boggling pillage in the annals of this country.

Watch as his pained disciples will start quoting me.

8 Likes

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by teacherbim(f): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Great
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by luckman20(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hardwork is the price you pay to travel the highway of success

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by tonyeb2k(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by hungryboy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Just the kind of role model I was looking for,
Mr Isaac Balami,
You are an inspiration,
But truth be told is harder to make it to the top now from the lowly position of a Labourer or Mason,
But we go try our best sha
Anyway,
Make I drop phone go jack blocks oh,
Before My Madam sack me from this block moulding factory oh

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by numericalguy(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmm nice

After so much challenges in life.

Even snaped with president Buhari
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Greataausim(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Proudly Arewa.....

1 Like

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Richie0974: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ok, good for him.
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by olufoluke: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Good. Keep encouraging others
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by stevebond007(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kudos to you...
Love to chat with you someday.

SP... steve
PPL student.
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Rapmoney(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Don't despise your humble beginning!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
baba God o,Pick Up The Call!
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by NairaMaster1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
And grace lifted you up
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by MadCow1: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
Its not enough to dream, you must make steps to fulfill those dreams..

Inspirational indeed..

I also have a dream of being so wealthy, I can buy my way to heaven.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Dayoto: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
I would say: I was a mere nairaland commentator...

1 Like

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by slimpoppa(m): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Inspiring
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
What an inspiring, soul-lifting story.
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by clevadani: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Inspiring
Happy Birthday to him. So long he is not part of our yam eaters
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by eleko1: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
coolto all going thru storm of life nd difficult, keep HOPE alive.God doesn't have abandoned project.
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by geostrata(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
shocked
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by ReorxTohGan(m): 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Its not enough to dream, you must make steps to fulfill those dreams..

Inspirational indeed..

I also have a dream of being so wealthy, I can buy my way to heaven.. grin
u'd buy Yo Way To Heaven,buh Unfortunately U Wouldn't Reach There.
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by yomz1e(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Was ban for a week too, but next time it happen I will show the mods that I belong to an hacktivist group.. Be warned
Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by MadCow1: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
u'd buy Yo Way To Heaven,buh Unfortunately U Wouldn't Reach There.

Honestly speaking, I have shelved that dream.. Now I just want to make enough money to buy the world such that when I die and go to hell, the devil and I can look back on my life on earth and both agree I balled the shiit out of my earthly life.. grin

Plus there would be too many of your types in Heaven and I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to you guys in my afterlife. grin

1 Like

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by MandingoXXX: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nonsense!!!

Everyone was something before they became something. I was a boy before i became a man. Ndokwa was carpenter building wooden kitchen chair and today he is building hotels everywhere in Lagos. Even olosho wey de hotel was once a virgin. Obasanjo was general then became a prisoner and later became a presido. A teacher was once a student... so kini big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago by GoldenJAT(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
its not just hardwork that is on display in this case...God's grace and mercy also..if only we know how many people that aint living up 2 their potential.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Which Of These Can You Do For A Living? / Why Private Schools Pay Peanuts / How Much S The Startin Salary For Telecommunication Engineers In Nigeria Telecom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.