Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity (40496 Views)

Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by LordaGuru: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
FTC 1st Page!!! Dancing...

Tell that supplanter to vacate my throne. FTC was my target, how did I get here?! This morning, NLanders are nt smiling... angry
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by flokii: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Niger Delta happy for you guys because una go sell am and bring money come center come share am give every state. But the day una go cry for environmental degradation, marginalization, pollution and neglect. Thunder, brimstone, hurricane (Rita and hurricane Katrina combine), earthquake and Tsunami go mix like Mama Iyabo (dey mix agbo for me) go fire una

Lol.. I dodge am grin

E never reach thunder matter na.. Haba
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ViktorMartins(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
See, don't let's count our chick's before they roost
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by achieverme(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
E get one stone wey we commot for our well, i don dey suspect weda na nickel e b oo

That well must be deepened next year

grin

Abeg, whey your well dey? A fellow nairalander wan to have a look. grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by flokii: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2016
amaben2020:

bloody tribal bigot like you, how are the Afonjas peace loving

You guys ain't shii

You think I'm a bigot? Well maybe then, buh much more reserved now

I still dnt understand what fuels d hate in you guys.

Lemme now burst ur bubble cheesy. Even if biaaaf.. comes, you guys will still beg for a yoruba head/administrator cos you guys haven't understood the concept of leadership yet
Enjoy ur day

6 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Daniel058(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2016
achieverme:

Abeg, whey your well dey? A fellow nairalander wan to have a look. grin
emm... No worry i go upload the pic give u grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2016
Now that nickel is more valuable than oil, when is the country splitting so the north can have full control of the resources, except they plan to use the proceeds to feed us all as well

2 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Deen77: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2016
Jengem:

U realize dangote has a refinery

Where do u want him to get his crude oil from?

Space?

Crude Oil can be import from anywhere.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by valx2: 8:37am On Aug 30, 2016
Nickel Ko, mikel ní

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Deen77: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2016
2dugged:
Now that nickel is more valuable than oil, when is the country splitting so the north can have full control of the resources, except they plan to use the proceeds to feed us all as well

The problem is our government and leadership, if we are develope the Oil is not enough for Nigeria to refine for local consumption.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Chiznonso: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Thank God, we need the dollars sharp sharp
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by kukandaka: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2016
I knew most of the idiot here will never happy with this development! Be happy or not Nigeria will be great God willing.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ba7man(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Jengem:

Space?
Do you think Dangote expects anyone to dash him oil?

If the Niger Delta isn't forthcoming, he'll import it from elsewhere.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Ddy(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Jengem:

Space?
Lake Chad nah
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Adeoba10(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
E get one stone wey we commot for our well, i don dey suspect weda na nickel e b oo

That well must be deepened next year

grin

Nwanne i don harma.. .
Bro.... U sure say no b charcoal?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Nairadays: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2016
God has blessed Nigeria.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by signz: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
El Rufai should press for Resource control please.

Ambode have fired the first shot.

This is indeed the good news for all REAL lovers of Nigeria (ie those who support a RESTRUCTURED NIGERIA)
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Daniel058(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
Adeoba10:

Bro.... U sure say no b charcoal?
pack well biko, i no dey enugu grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ViktorMartins(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

If i do then what next? undecided

I'd see the size and measure it tongue
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by whirlwind7(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
ctuagent007:
Nothing new here!!!!!!!!

I will summarise a little story I read in a defunct newspaper (the Post Xpress) about 14yrs ago;

Am Australian firm discovered ORE in excess quantity in Kogi state & told the FG & SG that all they (the coy) needed was some large millions of dollars added to theirs (they would provide the xpertise) to drill & do whatever they would do with the ORE & that in 10-15yrs time, the 9ja govt would forget the existence of oil~~~~that story died a natural death cos no politician in 9ja dead/alive believes in waiting/working for the upcoming generation (lai lai)

If u think I'm lieing about any politician, ask Abubakar Audu & co who are dead (all politicians in 9ja believe & want the money now not 2moro, NO, they want am now now now)

Thank you for this.
Unfortunately, most of our people don't know this. Africans by their nature want instant gratification. Which is the reason why, you will NEVER see any ambitious long term plan of several years put in place and rigorously implemented.
So, even if diamonds are discovered in truckloads at any part of the country, I won't get any excited over it. The prevailing government will just exploit as much as it can for personal gain, and its dirt poor citizens are no better off afterwards.

When crude oil was discovered in commercial quantities in the Niger Delta, the word became "forget agriculture!" Now, with the hint of nickel, it has become "forget crude oil" Once the market for nickel goes south, they begin to preach agriculture again.
Most rich countries of the world have got no natural resource to speak of. They develop their human capital index. Human capital owns future wealth, not natural resource. Now that even Lagos state has began the exportation of crude, watch how this would turn its fortunes the wrong way once "oyel syndrome" sets in.

The black race can be so disgustingly stupid!
Remember the diamond fields of Sierra Leone?

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by olahero(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Alhamdulillah...

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Adeoba10(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
pack well biko, i no dey enugu grin
Heheheheheheheh.... U don get nickel well b dat grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Daniel058(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Adeoba10:

Heheheheheheheh.... U don get nickel well b dat grin
Chai grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by wristbangle: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Adiola:
We ll now know the True colours of the northerners hope they don't come up with some plans to have it whole to themselves and make sure that a southern has the highest share in the nickel mining

Seconded
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by diegwu01: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2016
FxDuke:

which nigeria are you talking about?
is it Northern nigeria?
does it also include ND (the goose that laid the golden eggs for a longtime until now) where almost all the federal roads are bad with negligible federal presence?
ND should account for the $40 billion given to them outside the usual monthly allocation

2 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:

Lol.. I dodge am grin

E never reach thunder matter na.. Haba
if them complain wety we complain in ND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Results Of Presidential Elections In Nigeria 1979 Till Date / Emir Sanusi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida In Niger State(photo) / Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.