Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity (40499 Views)

Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2016
ViktorMartins:

I'd see the size and measure it tongue
You're on your own grin tongue
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ViktorMartins(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
You're on your own grin tongue

Lol

Oya naw grin
I fit see am?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by jamesibor: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Free36:
See earlier thread about the discovery of Nickel In Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/3316997/nickel-discovered-dangoma-kaduna-nigeria

Here is what I came on after my findings on NICKEL. ..

Cautiously optimistic about nickel price

Frik Els | Jun. 29, 2016, 11:33 AM |

Base metals have enjoyed a solid 2016 so far with only lead (-3%) in negative territory for the year. While the likes of zinc (+28%) and tin (+16%) have rallied and steelmaking raw materials iron ore (+24%) and coking coal (+12%) have come back strongly, nickel remains stuck in the doldrums.

On the LME nickel jumped back above $9,000 on Wednesday, but hasn't been in five-digit territory for nearly a year and is worth half of what it was early in 2014 when Indonesia's ban on ore exports led many to believe the volatile metal is entering a bull market.

The subdued pricing environment has mostly been blamed on elevated inventories and both the LME and particularly in Shanghai although stock levels at the former has recently been falling.

In a new report on the prospects for the steelmaking ingredient BMI Research says "the market will gradually begin to tighten as elevated Chinese imports start to erode global stockpiles" but the firm also warns "investor sentiment towards industrial metals will remain cautious as Chinese economic data will continue to disappoint."

BMI expects strengthening fundamentals in the nickel market and a more general bounce in metal prices for the second half of the year which "will start to push nickel prices towards $10,000 per tonne."

Longer term there is further upside although the frothy days of 2007 when nickel peaked at more than $50,000 look forever gone.

BMI is of the view that Indonesia will relax in part its ore ban but with Indonesian nickel pig iron smelters coming online by 2017 there won't be supply-crunch in the refined market.

That would keep a lid on the price which BMI forecasts to average $9,000 per tonne and $10,500 a tonne in 2016 and 2017, edging up to $11,500 a tonne by 2019. BMI's predictions are also above consensus.

http://www.mining.com/cautiously-optimistic-about-nickel-price/

Nickel = $9,700 per tonne

Nickel = $657 per 1 KGS

My friend why are you spreading fallacies? Where did you see 1kg of Nickel at $657?

Lalasticlala and Mynd44 rake note.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by mekonglobal(m): 9:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Lack of visionary leaders, they all bent on discovering new mineral resources that will fetch them more money to squarnder forgeting to harness our Godgiven human resources...Untill we have a leader who truely care for d nigerian citizens we will continue to run in circles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Amitex(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2016
ViktorMartins:
See, don't let's count our chick's before they roost
It is the way of propagandist. They masturate and overhype irrelevant things. The China Yuan story and hope comes to mind. Empty barrels are the noisiest.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Krismart(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:

Lol.. What's that?
I have no idea what you're talking about

My pple are peace loving, we see ourselves as one & we hope to remain as one #cheers
Why are u forcing you are one just cos some white fools say make una be 1.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by leghagha: 9:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Our mentality is still the same;depending on mineral resource to make us rich.I want to ask,which developed country relies on mineral resources to make it rich?

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ViktorMartins(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Amitex:

It is the way of propagandist. They masturate and overhype irrelevant things. The China Yuan story and hope comes to mind. Empty barrels are the noisiest.

Lol

When people over hype things, nothing good comes outta it
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by LoveJesus87(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
E get one stone wey we commot for our well, i don dey suspect weda na nickel e b oo

That well must be deepened next year

grin

Nwanne i don harma.. .
hahahahahahahaahahahaha lolzz you are so funny. Which side be dat? grin grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by LoveJesus87(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2016
HARDBUOI:
nawao... this nickel is not as u people think o..
d thing plenty for enugu.
my sister dat studied geology and mining traveled to enugu to look for mineral resources as part of her final project.
and during their search they discovered ZINC, LEAD and this NICKEL wey all of una dey hype like thiz... and she brought all the samples home.

its been many years i dont kno where those things are now i would hav uploaded the pics.
wonderful. That's cool. Which part of Enugu actually are they concentrated?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by LoveJesus87(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2016
ctuagent007:
Nothing new here!!!!!!!!

I will summarise a little story I read in a defunct newspaper (the Post Xpress) about 14yrs ago;

Am Australian firm discovered ORE in excess quantity in Kogi state & told the FG & SG that all they (the coy) needed was some large millions of dollars added to theirs (they would provide the xpertise) to drill & do whatever they would do with the ORE & that in 10-15yrs time, the 9ja govt would forget the existence of oil~~~~that story died a natural death cos no politician in 9ja dead/alive believes in waiting/working for the upcoming generation (lai lai)

If u think I'm lieing about any politician, ask Abubakar Audu & co who are dead (all politicians in 9ja believe & want the money now not 2moro, NO, they want am now now now)
interesting.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by omozu1(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Femich18:
Nigeria is truly blessed...
Nickel now on point but I pray it doesn't go the way of Crude oil
Truly bless you say?
We are over bless in fact God chose us to be his own country there is no minerial that is not here.
To me the greatest blessing is not in the minerials but the over two hundred million people that live here
Just empower us with good education and skills and the Americans and Germanys will know us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Daniel058(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
hahahahahahahaahahahaha lolzz you are so funny. Which side be dat? grin grin
My Vlej oo grin
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by IBROHIM: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2016
Viktor1983:
Nigeria loves raw materials, miracle and prayers..
A lot of folks on here have become excited because they know that the leadership/Govt in Nigeria(which they support) has failed in living up to promises and only oil/expensive precious metal will save them.
No be today we begin hear about discovery..
Lol! Clowns!
thank you my brother! Just what I was thinking. I wonder when we are going to break ourselves from the shackles of eating from natural resources! When are we going to start adding value to humanity?

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Folzye(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Because they discovered nickel so how is it good news for you the common man??
It appears people don't understand yet, the likes of dangote and cabals will just get richer and the common man still eats the crumbs. I wish Nigeria had no natural resource(s) it would have made us innovative, work harder, selfless and in the end give us peace.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by macjireh: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2016
OPE OOO... I JUST DISCOVERED GOLD ORE BEHIND MY HOUSE.... na to sell am make I hammer remain nah
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by bakila: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2016
Viktor1983:
Nigeria loves raw materials, miracle and prayers..
A lot of folks on here have become excited because they know that the leadership/Govt in Nigeria(which they support) has failed in living up to promises and only oil/expensive precious metal will save them.
No be today we begin hear about discovery..
Lol! Clowns!
Smells like you will prefer to hear "Nickel discovered in Nigeria is of insignificant value, feasibility expenses scam to be probed". We want minerals and more of it too as well as better Government too.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by alolatee(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
E get one stone wey we commot for our well, i don dey suspect weda na nickel e b oo

grin

Nwanne i don harma.. .
Lol..You are funny guy..that saying when everybody discovers Nickel.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by clickwtB(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Bye bye to our overdependence on oyel,awaiting the arrival of nickel dollars,but CORRUPTION and MISMANAGEMENT will swallow even DIAMOND DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Boss13: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2016
AWONEYAN:
God loves this nation,.....when men say there's castings down He says there is lifting up

Excuse me please
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by phreakabit(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2016
[size=18pt]Great News this is!!!
Can we break up now the country?[/size]
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Sman37(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Niger Delta
Now
Kaduna will be Kaduna Master
This how Allah revenge ungrateful peoples with pride!!
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Abeymills post=48907226]Who e go epp soon u no go hear anytin again govt of abrakadabra[You remind me of the biblical Herod, who didn't want to hear any good news concerning Jesus. Anytime Nigeria progress is mentioned like, to die is your only resort. God is healing our nation you are suffocating. Are you an enemy of good news, dear Mr. Nigeria Herod?]
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Originalsly: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Even if found in large quantities..... according to the report.... it is better the nickel remain in the earth for the forsee able future. The price is wayyy down from years ago... the market is flooded.... and more supplies are due to come on stream in a few years with no big demand in sight.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ayusco85(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2016
HARDBUOI:
nawao... this nickel is not as u people think o..
d thing plenty for enugu.
my sister dat studied geology and mining traveled to enugu to look for mineral resources as part of her final project.
and during their search they discovered ZINC, LEAD and this NICKEL wey all of una dey hype like thiz... and she brought all the samples home.

its been many years i dont kno where those things are now i would hav uploaded the pics.

Which University did Ur sis finished from?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by kid7soccer(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:

grin

Nwanne i don harma.. .
i no talk am na my fellow igbo man. Already dreaming about money to make. NWannem i dey hail ooo
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by LoveJesus87(m): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2016
Daniel058:
My Vlej oo grin
on a more serious note, tour village? shocked which village is that pls?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by amaben2020(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:

You think I'm a bigot? Well maybe then, buh much more reserved now

I still dnt understand what fuels d hate in you guys.

Lemme now burst ur bubble cheesy. Even if biaaaf.. comes, you guys will still beg for a yoruba head/administrator cos you guys haven't understood the concept of leadership yet
Enjoy ur day
keep deceiving yourself, How many good leaders have you hosted in the SW? Obj abeg make I hear word
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by chidozieikeji2: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:

Lol.. What's that?
I have no idea what you're talking about

My pple are peace loving, we see ourselves as one & we hope to remain as one #cheers
wen are u guys leaving naija since nickel have been discovered in ur area
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by chidozieikeji2: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
tit:
200 trillion dollar has been discovered in daura.
that is why buhari went to meet japan in kenya!
seriki will soon pass motion in the house!

Araba! Araba!! Araba!!!
lol u think d north will leave no way because they are landlocked dey need lagos at all cost remember they promised their grandfather to conquer the whole sea
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by shukuokukobambl: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jengem:

U realize dangote has a refinery

Where do u want him to get his crude oil from?

Space?

And you think crude oil starts and ends in Niger Delta?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by wohlay24(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
Discovering nickel is a good thing but then if we start exporting nickel in commercial quantity it only further cements our economy as one that exports commodities thus still vulnerable to volatile commodity prices just like we have experienced with crude oil. Exporting nickel in commercial quantity helps broaden our forex earrings base but our economy should really be looking beyond exporting commodities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult / Aregbesola & Akeredolu At Fatima Ganduje & Idris Abolaji Ajimobi's White Wedding / Nigerian Fighter Jets Bombard ISWAP Terrorists Converging For Meeting In 11 Boat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.