Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250219 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2010
@ all,
lets not 4get its stil a test transmission & its not always green,
patience is d keyword, keep tryin, wen its green it wil JUST pup up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2010
Ameboperoo:

I input all the freq posted but none turned green. I just blind scanned and got only one French speaking channel. I use 53x too and my gtv is 98%

it is a test transmission, people should try blindscaning between the hours of 5pm - 8pm most other times it's RED
TAKE NOTE.

I have Strong 4669x and since there is no way for me to identify the signal, if it's DVB-S2 MPEG4 or DVB-S MPEG2 , I equally scanned with my neighbours Strong SRT 4663x to confirm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 8:57am On Mar 25, 2010
Thread closed. Please check for Topic that is relevant to your post in the child board.

Official thread for FTA had been discontinued. The real reason for the child board is to allow more topics on FTA and for such topic to be treated extensively. But I had noted with regret that lots of post were not diverted to already created thread as at when due, but poster prefers to post on Official thread for FTA.
I also enjoined posters to post their respective post to a commensurate thread on the FTA child boards, where there is a relevant topic of what you wanted to post, create another thread. Nairaland rules as regard posting should be strictly adhered to as multiple thread will be moved to recycle bin.
For ease of reference, posters are advised strongly to make use of OFFICIAL REFERENCE LIBRARY FOR FTA which is a very handy tool. All you are required to do is that, once it take you a great effort to locate certain information on the past thread of Official FTA thread 1-4, kindly copy the links and paste it to the Official reference library. Next time, it will be easier to direct poster to such efforts.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
As regards the above, after locking the thread this morning, I continue to monitor the child board, and I noticed that there had been less participation.  The idea is that we should open thread on a particular topic on FTA, but some members just visited and left without contributing anything.

I received an instructions from the Admin that the thread should be re-open.  I m now opening the thread and also enjoin us to create more threads.  I will kick the ball rolling in thread opening henceforth.

Let us keep it up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
I wonder y de thread was close without any alternative or sub thread that will keep us in NL.
I being to think wheather the pAY tHIFE tV i having hand on this
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
Wrong time for thread to close, now that Astra is behaving any how
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemoxtra(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
Please were can i get srt4669x from in warri and how much? @ George d, I love this thread because we make it current even more than lyngsat and the rest tanx twinstaye and admin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
zenus:

Wrong time for thread to close, now that Astra is behaving any how
The problem with some posters is that you are too lazy to check on the childboard. there is a thread on ASTRA 2B on multi tv that is already opened.
zenus:

I wonder y de thread was close without any alternative or sub thread that will keep us in NL.
I being to think wheather the pAY tHIFE tV i having hand on this
You yourself can as well open alternative thread. There are lots of people who cannot go through a thread that is over 100 pages long to search for a particular topic. By creating a thread yourself, you are also contributing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
Sorry SIR
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2010
hello any free fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2010
yemoxtra:

Please were can i get srt4669x from in warri and how much? @ George d, I love this thread because we make it current even more than lyngsat and the rest tanx twinstaye and admin

@yemoxtra,
Please use the childboard. I think the fta equipment thread will be useful for your post.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373935.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
@all,pls need ur advice,som one want 2 sell tokunbo echolink HD receiver 4 me 4 10k,is it 2 expensive or ok at dat price and also is echolink a good product like strong whch is easy 2 operate
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2010
IRAPADA:

@all,pls need your advice,som one want 2 sell tokunbo echolink HD receiver 4 me 4 10k,is it 2 expensive or ok at dat price and also is echolink a good product like strong whch is easy 2 operate
guy im in need of one too.Should u have any that wants to sell
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2010
@Twinstaiye,thanks for re-opening of this thread. @IRAPADA,how far have you
gone on nile sat on ur mesh dish please ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2010
@all any news on multi tv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2010
@al nigiezie and hi nolly on sirius but no sound.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2010
@Gangsta101/George_D
On the issue of lnb skew/twiking at certain clock value.
The clock value we skew lnb eg 3 o clock, depends on whether an individual stands facing the dish, or behind the dish. I think this equally amount to the reason why Mr A tracks a particular tp on V while Mr B track it on H- I stand to be corrected. The 3 o clock facing the dish is 9 o clock standing behind the dish.
As Gang said, you will still get the signal peaked at exactly 180 degrees turn.
I got a Vertical TP on Pass 10 peaked on Horizontal last night, after fruitless effort on the usual Vertical  I normally used. Behold, Immediately I changed to H, 2 seconds, gban!. The signals were just begging to be accommodated.
Tonight, I hope to explore more on this and brief the house.
Hope you have a great weekend
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
IRAPADA:

@all,pls need your advice,som one want 2 sell tokunbo echolink HD receiver 4 me 4 10k,is it 2 expensive or ok at dat price and also is echolink a good product like strong whch is easy 2 operate

@IRAPADA,
You're making the same mistake yemoxtra made and was corrected.
Pls use the FTA equipment thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373935.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
Can someone check this out on BADR 4/6 @ 26.0 east with 2.4 mm dish,11919 h 27500=mbc1,2,3,4,MBC ACTION,MBC PERSIA,MBC INTERNATIONAL AND MBC MAX,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
freshp:

how do i get there embarassed
pls i will need the satfinder and its crack,how can i get it,this is my number 08035428786,i will be glad if you give this request a favourable reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 12:29am On Mar 27, 2010
ikeduru:

@Twinstaiye,thanks for re-opening of this thread. @IRAPADA,how far have you
gone on nile sat on your mesh dish please ?
i ve tried al my stil i didnt get d nilesat.I want 2 settle with w2a or badr
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 12:41am On Mar 27, 2010
@all,Some one told me premium HD lnb better than fuji in tracking nilesat,hwfar is dat true
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 12:58am On Mar 27, 2010
@ALL:
Please Guys, is this tp still functional on IS7/10: 12612? mine's been red for more than 2 months now. I asked the question before without getting a response.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 3:46am On Mar 27, 2010
HITV partners ART
PAY TV company, HiTV, in recent times has been breaking new grounds and the most recent of them is its partnership with the Arab Media Corporation.
The 30 million dollar deal that was concluded recently in Beruit, Lebanon, between Hi Media's Group Managing Director, Mr. Toyin Subair and the Middle Eastern company will include a stake in HiTV via its recently opened 100 million dollar private placement, a Set Top Box financing arrangement and a technical support agreement.
Subair, in a statement, said the deal would enable HiTV grow its subscriber base to over 600, 000 before the beginning of the new football season. The Pay TV company recently became the 100 per cent exclusive broadcaster of both the Barclays Premier League and the UEFA Champions League.
“HiTV will on the back of the deal begin transmitting in MPEG 4, thereby allowing it to increase its channels from 30 to 50 channels. This is part of our goal aimed at delivering world class entertainment to Nigerians at an affordable price,” he said.
The Arab Media Corporation which owns the Arab Radio and Television network (ART) has operations in the Middle East, Europe and North America. ART produces over 6,000 live and recorded shows every year including family oriented dramas, series, programmes, music videos and documentaries.
The company launched two satellite channels from Jordan in the second half of last year and also recently sold its sport channels to Al Jazeera.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 6:01am On Mar 27, 2010
@ll, i feal left out wit evryone talkin about astra 2b and the booming channels its just so interesting so dis wiknd have planned to hunt the bird down.though unfortnutely most of the ch are mpeg 4.and currently im using mpeg 2.bt anyhow im so interested in crtv for epl football b4 i get mpeg 4 reciever. @_all,@_pofolo .wat is the trackin tp for astra 2b,also highlight me on the lnb position.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 6:45am On Mar 27, 2010
@IRAPADA,my curiosity is based on the fact that i have the same 2.4m comstar mesh dish which i have never touched since its installation . And i want to try what i have learnt from Gurus . Keep me posted on ur hunting for badr birds pls . @Gorge-D,are those 2 c band lnbs on ur installations are strong lnbs ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2010
@ikeduru,
Both C band lnbs you see in the picture below are STRONG K6 lnbs as at the time of taking this picture but I've since changed the upper one (the lnb with dielectric) to SUPERMAX EXTENDED c - band.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2010
@all who has the lastest firmware update for 4669x.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ rextab,
check astra2b thread.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sambass(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2010
@all any epl match on sirius feed today.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ GeorgeD
guy, i don't want to disappoint you but i'm getting tired of this fta thing, i've been trying to get w3a and its just getting very difficult. i tried the 9'oclock thing which i think it's just the exact opposite side of 30clock(dstv position), no green for once, i dont know what went wrong. what else can i chk for cos i'm going frustrated, pls help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2010
@oliss be patient with the tracking,where is your location?if 9ja then 90cm dish and 12728 V sr30000 you will hit gren in less than 15mins

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.