Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250127 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2010
enitan i tried calling u after ur visit to no avail, thanks for visitiong my jungle hope to see u again. grin nd i think i av created space for to receive a bigger dish,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2010
sammu:

@iykmann, happy birthday and many happy returns in blessings and good health
happy birthday o.it will bGg continue 2 better. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ iykeman/toxnaija,

you guys are celebrating your birthdays today, may you walk and never stumbles, may you eat fishes to the extent that the bones will do you no harm. happy birthday folks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2010
twinskenny:

enitan i tried calling u after your visit to no avail, thanks for visitiong my jungle hope to see u again. grin nd i think i av created space for to receive a bigger dish,

it was really nice meeting you kenny, you can get me on my MTN number, the glo one is on vacation for now. olofofo will be able to provide you with that number.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Riodiao(m): 7:13am On Jun 21, 2010
Hi everyone , pls i need ur advice on dis. Iv bin going through d various threads and am kinda confused. I want to be part of fta. I stay in port harcourt. I want to buy a decoder and lnb. Iv got 10,000 naira 4 dat excluding d dish. Pls wat kind of decoder do i buy with lnb and wat size of dish is recomended(preferably 1.8m dish). What r d channels do i stand to recieve(movies & football stations). What r d advantages and downside.
I would b very grateful if some1 can spell them out. Thanx guys coz ur doing a great job here. My mail add is riodiao@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2010
Rextab (m)

How are you Bro?About Mpeg4 Channels on w2a, on KU there is non I know but only those on CBand.They are all encrypted now.I have to confess here that w2a Cbamd is hell when tracking it.I failed.

@ALL
There is a TPA DSGN feed on w7 showing the World Cup.I will send the TP when I get home.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2010
Ilish:

@ALL
There is a TPA DSGN feed on w7 showing the World Cup.I will send the TP when I get home.
hw b waitn 4 the tp.im vry fine,hop u r?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2010
@olason,freshp and sammu. There is nothing viral or whatever as portrayed by you about the transponder 12640h sr30000 on 68.5E.However, one thing i could observe is that it is empty.Even when you have problem of your receiver freezing due to afore-mentioned transponder,you do not really have to go to the extent of doing factory reset to fix the problem.A VERY SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE WAY OF DEALING WITH THE PROBLEM IS TO ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING: (1) Turn your receiver off using the power switch at the back of the receiver. (2) Turn your receiver on.Immediately press 1 on your RCU after the display of the Strong or My TV logo.You have to time this promptly and properly. (3) Go to MENU. Select INSTALLATION. Select MANUAL SCAN.Go to FREQUENCY.Press tthe red button on your RCU and search for the transponder 12640H 30000.Press OK.Press the yellow button on your RCU and select YES.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2010
@Iykmann/Toxnaija. I wish you guys happy birthday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chris7272: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2010
@all my question is yet to be answer, am using hitv decoder and 60cm dish with hitv lnb. tried to use it for FTA i input the freq. and sr.and blindscan but no result after the freq.there is place for degree which i tried to input, i did not get it.
2. kind illustate the way i can nail w3a, sirius4, and the other site that l can nail with 60-90cm dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ George,
i was trying to nail nilesat ,using d tp 4 mbc i.e 11938 v 27500,which i installed 2 years ago on my motorise set up(2.8m fibre dish c primary/ku offset to d west 4 nilesat )was ok until 2days ago when wind disturbed it. So i had to start all over 4rm intel 7/10 c & ku to intel 906 c ,intel 902 c,nss 12 c,yamal 202 c, arabsat 2b c,eutel w4/w7 ku, astra 2b ku,eutel w6 ku,eutel w3a ku,sirius 4 ku,intel 10-02 c,atl. Bir 3 c,nss 7 c & ku,intel 901 c, intel 905 c, intel 907 c,intel 903 c & nss 10 c. All my effort on nilesat was abortive.i never try my hands on d big birds(hotbird,astra 2a,2b.2d,eurobird,badr 4 & 6 etc except nilesat which we get here even with 1.8m dish) until dis incident happened.as i was panning d dish with d mbc tp i.e 11938 v 27500 i got a shocker when i hit green (quality 60%)around 28.0'E (instead of 7'W 4 nilesat).i had to abondon d searh but stored d position on my echo motoriser due to pressure 4rm friends who want to watch Brazil vs ivory coast match. Upon scanning dis morning with d same tp and network search on,i got another shocker ala sky uk package about 150 channels pop up with most of dem scrambled.when i check lyngsat.com i discover dat i am receiving d sky uk package on astra 2a.
Nb:i want to try hands on d big birds(hotbird,astra 2a,2b.2d,eurobird,badr 4 & 6 ) pls give me tips and d easy tps
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
@olofofo
pls i need your number ,i want to get fuji lnb.mine is 08135758823
@ George_d my location is Saki,Oyo state,western nigeria
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2010
kinmen2004:

@ George,
i was trying to nail nilesat ,using d tp 4 mbc i.e 11938 v 27500,which i installed 2 years ago on my motorise set up(2.8m fibre dish c primary/ku offset to d west 4 nilesat )was ok until 2days ago when wind disturbed it. So i had to start all over 4rm intel 7/10 c & ku to intel 906 c ,intel 902 c,nss 12 c,yamal 202 c, arabsat 2b c,eutel w4/w7 ku, astra 2b ku,eutel w6 ku,eutel w3a ku,sirius 4 ku,intel 10-02 c,atl. Bir 3 c,nss 7 c & ku,intel 901 c, intel 905 c, intel 907 c,intel 903 c & nss 10 c. All my effort on nilesat was abortive.i never try my hands on d big birds(hotbird,astra 2a,2b.2d,eurobird,badr 4 & 6 etc except nilesat which we get here even with 1.8m dish) until dis incident happened.as i was panning d dish with d mbc tp i.e 11938 v 27500 i got a shocker when i hit green (quality 60%)around 28.0'E (instead of 7'W 4 nilesat).i had to abondon d searh but stored d position on my echo motoriser due to pressure 4rm friends who want to watch Brazil vs ivory coast match. Upon scanning dis morning with d same tp and network search on,i got another shocker ala sky uk package about 150 channels pop up with most of dem scrambled.when i check lyngsat.com i discover dat i am receiving d sky uk package on astra 2a.
Nb:i want to try hands on d big birds(hotbird,astra 2a,2b.2d,eurobird,badr 4 & 6 ) pls give me tips and d easy tps
where is ur location and also have at any time receive al those sat u metion
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
@olofofo,pls i need your no.i want to lay my hands on fuji lnb.mine is 08135758823

@ oga George i forgot to mention my location: Saki,Oyo state,western nigeria
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
@all,
If you are on Nss7C, you can input the freq 10.719V/27500 in the ku slot and see if you will hit green.
The channels I get is the same C band channels of 4.179R/27500.
I use only c band lnb on the dish, but if I tune to manual scan on 10.719V, the same c-band channels pop up with same signal strength.
How do we explain this effect?
Still orbiting in Space guys cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2010
@spaceman,
are saying those of using 90cm should try the tp(10.719v27500) for ku?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2010
ALL

TPA DSGN3 W7 TP (World Cup Feed) 11462 H 2893. Enjoy the game.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2010
seunoluomo:

@spaceman,
are saying those of using 90cm should try the tp(10.719v27500) for ku?
I mean with a C-band lnb only on the dish-I use 1.8m. But when I tune to Nss7Ku and with the freq 10.719V/27500, the signals of 4.179R/27500 came up.
U can leave your dish on Nss7 C only, and blind scan Nilesat and see. This happened on my 69X.
I want the dons of the house to explain this effect please.
Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2010
http://www.uksatellitehelp.co.uk/2007/08/12/satellite-alignment-calculator-v2/

Satellite Dish Alignment / Setup Calculator 2.0

Align your dish from the site above
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
@spaceman. The explanation is quite simple. You have assigned the same diseqc port to both your nss7/c and nilesat lnbs. Though your lnb settings for nilesat are for UNIVERSAL LNB, at nss7/c position,what the receiver sees are c-band frequencies but converts these frequencies,by change of scale, to the equivalent frequencies on a ku scale (with same symbol rates) to suit your settings. This is analogous to converting a temperature ( say 10 degree centigrade) to fahrenheit. Irrespective of the result obtained, the temperature of the body in this case remains constant. A similar situation arizes when you connect a dong** to your receiver. The receiver tends to see the ku lnb as a one cable solution c band lnb. If you do a blindscan you will get frequencies that look like c band frequencies with very high SQ. I have been employing the above-mentioned techniques to watch AIT,TBC1,etc
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
@riodiao/chris7272. You guys are posting on the wrong thread. In order to get quick response to your questions please go to the section for newbies. Riodiao, since you are in PH, you may contact our members in PH-pitodenz,ikeduru,etc. I believe they will be willing to help out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Riodiao(m): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
Which is d newbies section
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ enitan, hw far wit ur nile? I wil b in lag by thursday. Cal me 2 knw ur plans.tk care
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2010
zenus:

http://www.uksatellitehelp.co.uk/2007/08/12/satellite-alignment-calculator-v2/

Satellite Dish Alignment / Setup Calculator 2.0

Align your dish from the site above

@zenus,
Members can do better by going directly to http://www.dishpointer.com/ which is where that site takes its co-ordinates from.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
@Nigeria. Take heart!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2010
@ blexxonmak

My 9x+ software is 1.05p and is working normally. What is the advantage of downloading the latest software? Give a link to get the software IF it will improve my 9x.

@ All,

Pls help with answers to above.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jesude: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Oga Hotwire,

i thought you have been advise in page 159 by Ilish and Chief Olofofo, why are u repeating the same question!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
Jesu de:

Oga Hotwire,

i thought you have been advise in page 159 by Ilish and Chief Olofofo, why are u repeating the same question!!
sometimes it's not easy when one is having a pressing issue, grin grin grin.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2010
@freshp,
Are you suggesting that hotwire is living true to his avatar? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ Jesu De

Certainly Olofofo & co gave me advise but on page 165 Oga Blexxonmak is saying that the lastest software is available. He is even willing to direct others to it. What is the harm if I asked for the merits and demerits of it?
I wanted technical explanation not just advice.  I thought this was a forum for exchanging ideas.

@George D,
Your comments sounded sarcastic. Pls have patience with some of us who want to learn.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Hotwire. You can upgrade to 107p. That's what i am using right now. Drop your email address if you need it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.