Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250188 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2010
@all can some one explain this interesting trend for me. RTS1, ORTB, LCF on w7 tend to go blank any time the world cup match is to begin. I thought the world cup was free not encrypted. Can anyone explain this theory
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
Does any one stil recieve go africa@all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 4:35am On Jun 13, 2010
@Sir george:
Please, accept my belated warm and sincere birthday wishes. many more returns and fruitful and resourceful searching fta days to you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 6:22am On Jun 13, 2010
olason:

Iykeman, like i said earlier 4669x is kind of different from d other strong series. it is d only strong dat boost signal by 3-4% compare 2 d other series eg 4663x, 4910. d only draw bak i c wit it is dat it is not too upgrade friendly, u jus dn't upgrade anyhow and then. d upgrade am using and is workin perfectly is d me of oct 2009. d newest updates can b problem matic at times. my Gtv is 88 % as at dis mor. delete dat tp and input it again it should turn green. @George hapy belated b'day and many mor yrs of service to humanity.

@ola Bros I've deleted the TP and input it again bt no show what else will I do or forget about GTV on my 69x?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2010
@George D,
Happy Birthday to someone who is forever young.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 7:32am On Jun 13, 2010
iykeman
your problem with gtv isn't uncommon. just go back to your setup & with your lnb at 4'0clock,make sure CRTV is hitting 88%above.then input the correct gtv tp.the green should be waiting there for you!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
@lovala,iykemann,badaru et al,
Thanks once again to you guys. I feel 'young' once again!  smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jerana15(m): 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Guys pls Hw many english channels r there on nss7ku.Is tv africa free
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2010
at all, pls i install multi tv wit my 4669x 2days ago n last 9t signal lost soo wen i input any of the multi tv and infinity tp the metre remain still i.e 23% both signal strenght but wen i input other tp it reads even blind scanin gives nothing pls wat do i do?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
@All: Even though i'm not a soccer, i'm kinda feeling the world cup already thanks to FTA. Thumbs up to you all that have made this an interesting hobby for members of this forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ aka tonero
this trend 4rm the 69'x boxes is getting common.
Just delete TP's,restart the box,input the freqs again then rescan.make sure ur cables r firmly connected.all the best
give me(us) a feedback.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ecowas4All(m): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2010
@all&sundry
Never try w6 or any fringe footprint satellite with any dish less than 90cm
a word to the wise is in the north
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2010
@aka tenero
It is obvious that your dish has shifted, Retrack again and make sure your crtv 12600v3250 is btw 88-90%. All will be fine.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
@sammu
sammu:

@aka tenero
It is obvious that your dish has shifted,
that too,,,i 4got to mention it.thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 2:20am On Jun 14, 2010
@freshP and Sammu, i noticed it shift when i used another 63x to check.i daughted before cos no one hand can reached were it was mounted.Nyway Thanks alot.One luv shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 6:35am On Jun 14, 2010
olatufu:

@ solo1ng1, hw far wit the nile gaga? hav u been able to nail it? just want to know.

@olatufu,
Yes, working fine, thanks to my big bros cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2010
@Oilepo
I have Intel 906 (C Band) + Intel 7/10 (KU Band) watching SABC 1,2,3 on a fixed 1.8m dish AND NOT W3A.
@Paps1
I also noticed these channels go blank when a game starts and only reappear when it's over. Ghana's TV3 has also been encrypted since world cup started but you see so many channels are showing the world cup and you just have to be well 'positioned' for alternatives.
@Jerana15
NSS7 KU has TV Malawi, Angola 1 (TPA1) and Angola 2 (TPA2), TV Malawi is 60-70 % English channel while TPA2 sometimes shows English movies with Portuguese subtitles, I am not very familiar with their schedule.
NSS7 C has the likes of CNN, France 24, Viasat1, TV3, TV Africa which are English speaking and many more non English channels like TV Algeria, TV Congo, TV Sudan. TV Algeria or Congo is also showing the world cup.
But you need to check the maps on lyngsat.com if these are receivable in your area.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2010
@Jerana15
Just a small clarification. Viasat 1 is 100% English speaking while TV Africa and TV3 are mostly (but not 100%) English speaking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jaki006: 10:28am On Jun 14, 2010
hi everyone u are not going to believe this I AM RECEIVING ALL MULTI TV CHANNELS AS RADIO CHANNELS JOY TV, JOY SPORT etc on my HITV decoder
can anybody help please. Also i just discover that HITV decoder have blind scan facility
but very difficult to locate.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2010
jaki006:

hi everyone u are not going to believe this I AM RECEIVING ALL MULTI TV CHANNELS AS RADIO CHANNELS JOY TV, JOY SPORT etc on my HITV decoder
can anybody help please. Also i just discover that HITV decoder have blind scan facility
but very difficult to locate.

Your decoder is mpeg2,you need mpeg4 decoder for those channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2010
@badaru1. I de greet ooh
@pitodenz. Nwannem, .I appreciate your time over the weekend. Thanks a lot.
@olofofo. I am still working on that project. Will get back to you soonest.
@all. Wish you all a blessed week and may we endeavour to post on the appropriate thread.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rawunkat1: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2010
@ Candyman
how do u get SABC1,2,3 i hear it has been encryted. pls forward any clue cos im desperate.
i live in tema. Ghana and recently acquired 2.4m pan

@Badaru1
candyman have SABC any clue?

NB: im a newbie
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2010
raw-unkat:

@ Candyman
how do u get SABC1,2,3 i hear it has been encryted. pls forward any clue cos im desperate.
i live in tema. Ghana and recently acquired 2.4m pan
NB: im a newbie
Nailing or watching SABC 1,2,3 is next to impossible since they have upgraded to nagravision 3.Even the 6**9 formular does not work and wont work sad
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
@raw-unkat
The SABC1 I am able to get (together with SABC 2 & 3) is that on Intelsat 7/10 @ 68.5 degrees South Africa beam which covers Angola, Zambia and Malawi going southwards down to South Africa (according to Lyngsat) and I doubt you can get it from your location. The one that I also noticed has been encrypted is that on Sirius 4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phoenixsta: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
uhmmmmmmmmm good work guys
gr8 gr8 job, kip it up
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Sammu n Freshp,it was the LNBF dat was bad.i just get a new one.Thanks 4 the tips grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jerana15(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Candymann thanx man.I guess i wil rather go 4 astra2b since gtv is english nd crtv i guess, For sirius 4 do they hav entertaining channels?Cuz i hav 60cm dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 15, 2010
@ baba egun,
Wishing you a wonderful birthday celebration. Many more years for the fishes to enjoy you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 7:41am On Jun 15, 2010
@Jerana15
I do not get much from Sirius4 except for Africa movies shown on STV1 during the evening at 16:00 Hrs GMT almost daily. I think they also show one during the day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2010
@teeworld
if yr box shows lnbf even when the lnb cable is unpluged, that is a sign that the ic inside the decoder that powers lnb is bad. You need a professional to help you with it. Best bet is to take to strong office for repairs
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2010
Oga Badaru, congrats on your newly installed baby BIRD Hot Bird, with mor than 600 channels the sky is jus the begining. I know the spider can handle all. How I wish the signal can find his way to my place so that we can both servour it together but al d same fta 4va.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2010
Iykeman, Which upgrade update are you using?@ Enitan, how is your nile setup I HEARD is giving you some toothache. let them continue to reduce thier signal strength we wil never give up. ALL, I took a look at my 4669x and discovered that at the system menu setting d information i got was 4669x+. pls guys check yours to confirm., which one be dis +

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.