Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,035 members, 7,866,914 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250936 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2010
This good news for lovers of football,especially those in lagos and south west areas. You can now get Jsc+ 8,9,worldcup ,HD1,and 3D on Arabsat 30degree east with 1.8m c-band. It work with jsc card.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2010
@ALL

Blindscan your w7 and enjoy World Cup on a Feed TP.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BANKY77NG(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2010
badaru1:

This good news for lovers of football,especially those in lagos and south west areas. You can now get Jsc+ 8,9,worldcup ,HD1,and 3D on Arabsat 30degree east with 1.8m c-band. It work with jsc card.

HI Badaru, kindly confirm this info has this been tested in Lagos and does this include Aljazeera 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 World Cup and HD 1 and where can we get the Jsc official Cards.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2010
badaru1:

@badaru1.Is it on c band or ku band??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2010
Ilish:

@ALL

Blindscan your w7 and enjoy World Cup on a Feed TP.
whats the TP? pls, posted somewhere else? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
raw-unkat:

@Badaru1
candyman have SABC any clue?

NB: im a newbie
@raw-unkat. SABC soutth african beam is coded with nagr** and thus can be opened with 6***.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2010
i saw dat feed this mornin its an aljazera feed but i m not at home now for the TP
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
freshp:

whats the TP? pls, posted somewhere else? grin

Arabsat 2B at 30.5°E
Freq 4125 R Sr 27500 FEC 3/4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
olason:
ALL, I took a look at my 4669x and discovered that at the system menu setting d information i got was 4669x+. pls guys check yours to confirm., which one be dis +
mine also says 69x+,dnt wory som1 on dis forum advised dat the orignal product has a +.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 2:07am On Jun 16, 2010
@All:

Two days gone, I just tested the 4669x+. I don’t know if all others experienced these;

1) Foe some TPs of some satellites e.g. EW4/7 and Astra 2b, the Level bar just runs down to 37 and the quality to about 22 no matter what you do. It just remains like that. I was trying to pick up CRTV et al. on Astra 2b and CCTV et al on EW4/7 so as to check out the MPEG4 channels there in. But, it was a real tough time. Many this way in Yaounde Cameroon are still in the dark (except for cable distributors) about MPEG4 broadcasting and because I had insisted my equipment supplier get the stb from Alaba, I had to help him brig out such MPEG4 channels. I finally had to use my 4663x box to pick up the signals before reconnecting the , 69 box and of course the signals came up. Without the , 63x box, I guess my search would have taken a whole day or even two.
2) The remote control doesn’t have the color button for adjusting parameters as brightness, color, etc.
3) The blindscanning takes extremely long before it is completed and also the response time for a channel to come up when a program button is hit is longer than for the lower series (53 and 63).
4) After blindscanning, the Multitv bouquet of channels couldn’t come up because the level and quality where 0. luckily I applied knowledge gained from the forum: deleted the tp and added manually and they all jumped green.
5) The Positive side is that unlike with the 63, even at 9’oclock position of the LNB, Infinity came up although it was cracking. Skewing to 7’Oclock brought them out clearly and CRTV and GTV also improved from 80 to 90.
What is the cause of this drop in level and quality for these tps on these satellites (when you are trying to track) in the 69 box compared to higher levels of 75 to 80 in 53s and 63s?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 2:41am On Jun 16, 2010
@All:
Apart from astra2b and EW4/7 which other satellite has mpeg4 channels receivable with 90cm ku dishes? I heard there are some on Sirius, but we did try this satellite out with the 69 box and came up with nothing except the normal mpeg2 channels. Help out, plz!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 5:57am On Jun 16, 2010
olason:

Iykeman, Which upgrade update are you using?@ Enitan, how is your nile setup I HEARD is giving you some toothache. let them continue to reduce thier signal strength we wil never give up. ALL, I took a look at my 4669x and discovered that at the system menu setting d information i got was 4669x+. pls guys check yours to confirm., which one be dis + .
p
still
the same 69+,and the software version is1.07p
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:43am On Jun 16, 2010
Mine is 1.06p(Oct 21 2009). Is there any short coming? Well, I'm just curious but with all the warnings here, I'll not try anything funny!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 8:07am On Jun 16, 2010
@ All,

My 9x version is 1.05p (August 2009). I can view Jpeg pix, play MP3 files with my 9x and signals ok. It is DVR but will not record using 2GB flash or play recorded movies. Anything wrong?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2010
lovala:

3) The blindscanning takes extremely long before it is completed and also the response time for a channel to come up when a program button is hit is longer than for the lower series (53 and 63).

Yes it takes longer, almost thrice the time of 53/63.  I also notice the response time delay.

4) After blindscanning, the Multitv bouquet of channels couldn’t come up because the level and quality where 0. luckily I applied knowledge gained from the forum: deleted the tp and added manually and they all jumped green.

Yes, maybe with time there will be improvements

5) The Positive side is that unlike with the 63, even at 9’oclock position of the LNB, Infinity came up although it was cracking. Skewing to 7’Oclock brought them out clearly and CRTV and GTV also improved from 80 to 90.

not for all sats.

What is the cause of this drop in level and quality for these tps on these satellites (when you are trying to track) in the 69 box compared to higher levels of 75 to 80 in 53s and 63s?  

we can ask  the manufacturer Strong.

lovala:

@All:
Apart from astra2b and EW4/7 which other satellite has mpeg4 channels receivable with 90cm ku dishes? I heard there are some on Sirius, but we did try this satellite out with the 69 box and came up with nothing except the normal mpeg2 channels. Help out, plz!

the TOP TV channels which are all encrypted

Ameboperoo:

Mine is 1.06p(Oct 21 2009). Is there any short coming? Well, I'm just curious but with all the warnings here, I'll not try anything funny!

Mine was updated sometime in February 2010 while on PAS 7/10.  I just switched on the decoder one evening and it displayed a screen with "Updating Please don't switch off your receiver" something like that.  Pito posted about this sometime in August or September 2009.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2010
Plus the 4669 can power my external HDD for recording the 4663x couldn't power, but was only able to record to a USB thumb drive
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chris7272: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
@all,
kindly assist l tried Hitv transponder for fta l input the freqs.and the sr has directed on this forum but the problem am facing is how to input the degree on it l try all i can still can get it. B ut after blindscan the strenght go for 79/80%, Ouality 0%,Progess 50%. what is the next thing for me to do pls.you can also send to my email or post it on this forum how and place to nail the sites
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
chris7272:

@all,
kindly assist l tried Hitv transponder for fta l input the freqs.and the sr has directed on this forum but the problem am facing is how to input the degree on it l try all i can still can get it. B ut after blindscan the strenght go for 79/80%, Ouality 0%,Progess 50%. what is the next thing for me to do pls.you can also send to my email or post it on this forum how and place to nail the sites

@Chriss,
Note that HITV & DSTV are on the same satellite - Eutelsat W4/W7 at 36.0°E. If you get DSTV, definately HITV will pop-up.
Try to track with his TP 11958 V 27500, 12092 H 27500, 11862 H 27500
Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2010
@all,is HITV on w7 36 deg. mpeg4 or mpeg2?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2010
Pls, I need software 2 convert pvr to video to play on computer. Any site where I can download will be appreciated.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Pls, I need software 2 convert pvr to video to play on computer. Any site where I can download will be appreciated.

download total video converer @ 4shared or any site u know
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
Bode thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ amebo,
also search 4 'MPEGStream clip' it enables u to convert the .ts files to any format playable on the PC (real alternative is needed though).totalvconverter has some restrictions.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
I've downloaded some free versions. I'll try them 2moro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2010
oilepo:

@all,is HITV on w7 36 deg. mpeg4 or mpeg2?

@oilepo,
HITV is still on eutelsat w4 and not w7. Both satellites are cohabiting 36E together and their bouquet is still being broadcast on mpeg2.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chris7272: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
@Chriss,
Note that HITV & DSTV are on the same satellite - Eutelsat W4/W7 at 36.0°E. If you get DSTV, definately HITV will pop-up.
Enjoy

thanks for the reply,
you have answered one out of two the other question is that when l input the freq. the degree does not come up when blindscan the tp shown above is it for FTA or what, and can hitv lnb work for fta.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
chris7272:

@Chriss,
Enjoy

thanks for the reply,
you have answered one out of two the other question is that when l input the freq. the degree does not come up when blindscan the tp shown above is it for FTA or what, and can hitv lnb work for fta
@Chriss,

U need to state clearly ur objectives. what type of decoder are u using? U don't need degrees to track satalites.
If it's strong, go to manual scan, scroll to satalite press eutelsat w4, scroll to frequency, input the tp above manually by adding or scroll to list of tp's, u are cool to start ur tracking with this, yes, ahitv lnb can be used to get fta, but try to buy fuji lnb, for easy tracking

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ugoc1: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2010
NIGERIA IS A DISGRACE TO AFRICA! OUR SENETORS ARE DEMANDING TO PAY THEMSELFS 30000(THIRTY MILLION NAIRA) PAY MONTH, IF YOU CHECK IT ANNUALLY
ITS 50% MORE THAN BARACK ABAMA AMERICAN PRESIDENT TAKES HOME ANNUALLY.
AND THEY WANT YOUTH TO STOP KIDNAPING, STEALING, LOL, !
!!!FIRE GO BURN THEM!!!1 MY TEMPA DEY BLOW LIKE THIS SIGNAL

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ugoc1: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2010
wats this story about free vision
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
ugo .c:

wats this story about free vision
Mr Ugo .c
This forum thread is for FTA!!!
not some angry rantings(no matter how pertinent)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ugo.c,
No need to be so worked up. After so many years, you should be used to the drill by now:

local coach qualifies the national team, then last minute a foreign coach appears on the scene.
he picks players based on the local coach's established criteria, collects 6 months salary upfront,
goes to the world cup, loses all three matches and absconds from there.

next 4 years will be the same story. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
senetors/senators? 30,000/30,000,000? Abama/Obama ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.