Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249412 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2010
@isomadtech

the said item is arriving finally next week oooo, i will brief you whether it's a success or not.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
My TVM signal was completely off during the day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
Magnetic Declination Tool:

This is an excellent tool to help you determine your Magnetic Declination in your area. I hope this helps. Click here or the url below.

http://www.magnetic-declination.com/
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hello Happy New Year.
Pls i need silver bird frequency and the sybour rate, and also for c band, and wish station is itv is in Nigeria, pls help me with that information too, I am leave in the Gambia, i need the frequency and the position it face pls all this i need i will be waiting to hear from u soonest.
Thanks
Sunny
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 1:53am On Jan 08, 2010
@George D
thanks for the info for the showtime card.does it include d subscription 4 a year.also for ph 2.4m strong pan fit hit nilesat cos na there man want use the card plz reply
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by majekky: 6:57am On Jan 08, 2010
Pls i need some to help me in tracking 2m with my 1m Daarsat dish because i need 2 show that arsenal vs everton match 4 my viewer. I dey kubwa, Abuja. Pls its urgent. If u also know any1 that can help me in Abuja pls kindly drop his/her number. This is my no 08064428642. THKS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 08, 2010
Pitodenz,
let me be the first to wish you a Happy birthday, now that you're 40 years, its being said Life begins at 40. Happy birthday, once again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 08, 2010
I just dont know why some peeps will rely on free to air to show matches to viewers. Pls, dont use this to milk people out of their money. I dont follow this type of idea. This is a bad example for the followers of the gods of free to air. Am very sure no one will be ready to render such help to you on this forum. And by the way when last did u read on this forum that there's a success viewing of EPL matches on 2M, its only in adverts we read that, but on the match day, there'll be simply no show.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2010
fijabi:

Yes is true,what i did on my own is that i pull the di-electric to the mouth of the LNB, and i gain about 4%.
as at now my tvm is 54%,eatv is 46%,channel10 is 44%,star tv 54%.

Fijabi, he was asking about TVM on W3A. Please understand, before answering so that you don't mislead/confuse him more. He was asking about KU-Band and you are telling of C-Band.

@ Prince Paris
When you use one dish for W3A and Sirius4 you lose some TPs, only MBCs on W3A and TP 12.605 on Sirius will be stable, but with patience and painstaking adjustment you can watch most tps on both birds. For you information you won't get the feeds on W3A and Sirius4 easily with this setting, because the signals are weaker than others.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 8:25am On Jan 08, 2010
@Microgiant,how do you get channel 10 and star tv? I cannot get the two channels,but I can receive tbc,eatv,pulse,itv,tvm,tim and tpa1. Is it the type of my lnb or receiver? What type of these gadget do you use? Thanx.[color=Black][/color]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:02am On Jan 08, 2010
Paps1:

@all it seems when one puts a question on this forum u decide not to answer.i once asked if muvi on pas 7,10 has been encrypted.i later show alancriuse also asking the same question. Any way the news i have u is that there is this bird which i heard has it footprint in africa known as PAKSAT 1 ku @38 e.Do the gurus in the house know abt dis.i hear it has 2 feeds on.but is not listed in lyngsat.how true is this

I posted a reply to your question but you didn't see. It's 11 posts above your post on the same page. Please when you post a question, don't always expect to get the reply immediately, atimes somebody may reply later. please take time to read through, before asking again.

Personally, what i do is continue reading from the last page read, or go back and continue from the last date i viewed the forum. Eg if i remember the last page read is page55 and it's now on page62 i go back to page55 and read to the present or if i can't remember last page where i stopped i use the last date forum was viewed may be it was 29-Dec-09, i back track to that date and continue from there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:04am On Jan 08, 2010
@ oilepo

I don't have C-band for now, hopefully George_D will reply to this question.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 9:13am On Jan 08, 2010
@ Microgiant. thanks i got that. eatv and co are on c band. @ALL. what will be the impact of a 1.8M dish at its best. what location would it be optimised.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2010
enitan2002:

I just dont know why some peeps will rely on free to air to show matches to viewers. Pls, dont use this to milk people out of their money. I dont follow this type of idea. This is a bad example for the followers of the gods of free to air. Am very sure no one will be ready to render such help to you on this forum. And by the way when last did u read on this forum that there's a success viewing of EPL matches on 2M, its only in adverts we read that, but on the match day, there'll be simply no show.

Very well said, Enitan.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 10:59am On Jan 08, 2010
@all
A happy new year to all forum members. wishing you all a prosperous year.
@Bueben. bros take hearth. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. Amen
@George D
Good job. keep it up bro.
@jossybless
bros kindly bear with me. I hardly find the time to even go touch a dish for a very long tym now. even my set-ups need some maintenace/readjustment. Ive lost some channels, but havnt been able to see to that.
@ enuitan.
so straight forward a man! I de hail.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2010
@ all,
this question is directed to all experts in satellite, but peeps like enigma, george, butoneday, olofofo, pitodenz, badaru's advice will be well appreciated.

We all know this 1*8 splitters, that is 1 input and 8 outputs splitters, my question is am trying to feed in 8 RF outputs signal into the supposed output ports on the said switch, am i gonna get the whole 8 RF output signals modulated all into a signal which is to appear at the supposed input end of the splitter. In a nut shell, all am just trying to do is just to reverse the function of the supposed 1*8 switch. Is it going to work?
cos i have seen some splitters on web that is bi-directional i.e work in both directions
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2010
@ spaceman, enigma. thanks for your commendation. i just cant stand things like that, i speak my mind as it is, whether it hurts or soothes the intended fellows, i dont care.

Below is the pciture of my proposed layout for the 16 decoders, check and make adjustments where necessary.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
Hello Happy New Year.
Pls i need silver bird frequency and the sybour rate, and also for c band, and wish station is itv is in Nigeria, pls help me with that information too, I am leave in the Gambia, i need the frequency and the position it face pls all this i need i will be waiting to hear from u soonest.
Thanks
Sunny
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2010
sunnymavis:

Hello Happy New Year.
Thanks
Sunny

Silverbird TV NSS 10 C-band @ 37.5°W 3775 H 1795-3/4 (DVB-S2 - 8PSK) DVB-s Decoders can't receive the signal, you require a DVB-S2 8PSK receiver to be able to watch this channel

Note: you can't watch it with Multi-TV Decoder because it's QPSK capable not 8PSK.

Alternatively if you can recieve NE zone beam on Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W then try

3878 L SR 16300-3/4 for
NTA Plus, Channels TV, Lagos TV, Soundcity Premium, MITV, Silverbird TV, (radio Rhythm 93.7, Star FM (Nigeria), Ray Power 106.5 FM, Cool FM) free from Nigeria.

3895 L tp 53 SR 8594-5/6
NTV (Kenya), KBC Channel 1, KTN (Kenya) Easy FM all from from Kenya

3904 L tp 53 SR 2487-3/4
Ghana TV (DVB-S2) free from Ghana

Hope this answers your question
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2010
@All

I noticed SABC2 & SABC3 without audo on sirius 4 yesterday night, it's like f2v is including it in their broadcast as local content since they are operating from South Africa, who know may be ETv may also be included.

Currently i'm at work so don't know if it's still on air. Both channels were showing movies at the time i tuned in, good clear pictures except the no audio part, there is $ sign, check top channels 5 & 6
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
@oilepo,
@microgiant,

My die-electric c-band lnb appears to have shifted as such I'm not recieving all circular polarity satellites for now. I plan to correct this situation and get back on stream ASAP. In the meantime I may not be able to answer questions on intel 902/c, 906/c, 901/c etc. Please bear with me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2010
help me olofofo, i want to know if i can recieve all the signals of astra 2b here in lagos. if i can, what size of dish do i need/
how much van i get a large dish with motorized engine. a beg una, make u help me solve this quickly o! biko!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ftalover(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2010
Micro, Happy New Year!!! I got d Multi TV decoder from Accra, and its installed @ Ogba to Astra 2b. The Programming is cool, only that it does not have a slot for card. Are there any other Free2View or FTA? Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2010
@ micro,
am very sure the person u provided the answer to concerning Sliver bird Tp will be here again next week asking same question. Cos i vividly remember he asked this sometimes back and someone provided an ansswer for him and here he is again with same question, just be prepared to be of help to him with same question next time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dsmooth1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
pls i nd you to help me on hw to get the full admission list of oou if u can
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by LOQUITOR(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2010
Nice joining the forum. So lovely. Please how do I get these encrypted Channels on Nilesat. +JS SPORTS and others.

THANKS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2010
enitan2002:

@ all,
this question is directed to all experts in satellite, but peeps like enigma, george, butoneday, olofofo, pitodenz, badaru's advice will be well appreciated.

We all know this 1*8 splitters, that is 1 input and 8 outputs splitters, my question is am trying to feed in 8 RF outputs signal into the supposed output ports on the said switch, am i gonna get the whole 8 RF output signals modulated all into a signal which is to appear at the supposed input end of the splitter. In a nut shell, all am just trying to do is just to reverse the function of the supposed 1*8 switch. Is it going to work?
cos i have seen some splitters on web that is bi-directional i.e work in both directions

@ Enitan,
Let me tell you my experience. Last year around June, I lost one of my Disec switches in the night and there was no replacement at home. When I replaced the disec switch with a splitter it worked perfectly ok. I was able to connect two LNBs to the splitter and the out put straight to my receiver. It worked for about a week before I replaced the splitter with a new switch. Please try the experiment it can work.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2010
LOQUITOR:

Nice joining the forum. So lovely. Please how do I get these encrypted Channels on Nilesat. +JS SPORTS and others.

THANKS

@ Liquitor,
You are welcome to the forum. From your comment, it looks like you have been receiving the FTA channels. Just browse through the pages of this thread and surely, you will be get the information you are looking for. You can also contact any of the forum members either by email or by phone.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2010
Greetings to u all ,my fellow and beautiful members of fta and welcome to this wonderful year ,i have not been able to make contributions for sometime cus of little hitches here and there but its been taken care of , thanks to the g group members. Recently i travelled to orlu ,a village in imo state ,i was so suprised to see a motorised 90cm and 60cm dishes, the motor is manually and eaisly operated by pushing the dish with a small long pipe that is attched to the angle iron, i had some pics of the set up, but due to some errors on my part they were deleted frm my phone, i promise to attach them when next i go there
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2010
miju:

help me olofofo, i want to know if i can recieve all the signals of astra 2b here in lagos. if i can, what size of dish do i need/
how much van i get a large dish with motorized engine. a beg una, make u help me solve this quickly o! biko!

if your aim is to get all the channels on astra 2b and not the Nigerian Beam, then be prepared to buy between 6-8m dish. Good luck with your quest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2010
@olofofo thanks,

please what is the name of this decoder and where can i get it here in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.