Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,532 members, 7,861,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250667 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2010
@borderline,
@twinskenny,

What more can I say?

@ftalover,
I will be working on the inverter/alternative energy thread very soon.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Jan 11, 2010
twinskenny:

I envy you guys in the North

@twinskenny,
ART and JSC sports is not limited to the north. Here in the south-south, we are recieving too.
With 3.0m solid, it's a piece of cake. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55am On Jan 11, 2010
pitodenz:

@ Ftb lovers
port 53 is down on yf plz use port 443,the same setting and the same https mode lets keep rocking the world.

@pito,
Freegate rocks like mad! I don't know when last I was on fr**d*m.

BTW, I was getting pissed off with them banning my client every now
and then for no just cause. Although I'm sure it's a glitch from their
server but they refused to correct the problem for a long time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2010
@all

happy new year,

i am having problem with strong decoder 4663x the black one, i bought four of the decoder for someone and we want to use the RF-out and its not working and i open the decoder cover and open the rf cover then find out there is no panel in the rf box. what can i do now?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:40am On Jan 11, 2010
segunfms:

@all

happy new year,

i am having problem with strong decoder 4663x the black one, i bought four of the decoder for someone and we want to use the RF-out and its not working and i open the decoder cover and open the rf cover then find out there is no panel in the rf box. what can i do now?

return to dealer for replacement
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2010
@ Segunfms,
bros are u sure you have not bought fake? Anyway, compare with the original one u know so as to be sure if its real or not.
There are many fake dxs in the market, I hope u are already aware of this.
Enjoy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2010
@ all,
its true dstv wil b on w7. They claim it is for a stronga signal receiption dat is good for our terestial climatic condition. i.e no loss of signal even when its rainin. Our fingers r crossed !.
Also w7 wil posses dual polarity of v & h. Hence,those using a single for multiple decoder shud get ready 2 buy quad or twin lnb dependin on number of decoders.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2010
@ george- d,
@ pito,
@ all,
gurus, i just got a laptop n want to also surf for free.
My number 08023032256.
Email ; deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2010
@ all,
breaking news,crtv to add channels,old tp wil run till thursday b4 loss of video.
Blindscan now for new tp. Will get back 2 d house
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by carbank: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2010
Good day Guys,

I have a small challenge

I have two dishes connected to one decoder in my sitting room I also have a local TV antennae, I want to extend a view only (Satellite) View and change channel (Local TV) to my room. My Challenge is that i have only one cable from my sitting room to my bedroom how do i connect , gurus please i need your help, Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
@olofofo, thanks for the reply. i know i sounded gullible but i need a free to air channel that will give a non-stop 24/7 movie broadcast and cartoon as well for my children.

how much can i get a motorized large dish.

i appreciate your help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
@All,
Any one realised that SABC News International is no more at 12722V on pas7/10?Where will it be ?I wonder
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ carbank,
wat decoder r u using ?. If strong , connect ur local antenna to TV ANT IN @ d back of d decoder while d rf out goes to ur room tv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
@pofolo @olofofo , i use 1meter dish for my w3A. Is it possible to also get the signals of sirius4 on it without disturbing the position the satellite is facing now.

how do i go about it.

i live in lagos please.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by carbank: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
@pofolo

I use HITV decoder it has RF in port but my question is that will i be able to search for different channels on local TV or will i be restricted to the channel being watched in the sitting room
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jerana15(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
Pls guys im a newbie.id like 2 knw if i can receive either w3a or sirius with my 60cm dish i currently use 4 mytv.im live in benin city.thnks guys
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
Jerana15:

Pls guys im a newbie.id like 2 knw if i can receive either w3a or sirius with my 60cm dish i currently use 4 mytv.im live in benin city.thnks guys

Get 90cm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Olofofo,on previous post you talk of telecom decorder from Dubai goes for 12k,what is the current exchange rate of your currency to US dollars? Please held so that i can know how much i will cough in kenyan currency.Thanx my brother ooooh! [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2010
Jerana15:

It will be ok for Sirius 4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
usher8701:

do you have any idea where I can get the software?

@usher8701,

just give me ur e mail addy.and u can as well check the g-groups.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
pofolo:

@ george- d,
@ pito,
@ all,
gurus, i just got a laptop n want to also surf for free.
My number 08023032256.
Email ; deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com

@pofolo,
Go to google and search for freegate v6.8. It is freely available on the internet.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
@jayron,
Congrats for succesfully nailing Astra 2B yesterday evening. You have added another feather
to your cap. Keep the flag flying! CHEERS!

@Dejsam,
Thanks once again for the updates. Just keep them coming. CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
Let me throw my attack at the following members,

Ifende,
i still dont wanna bliv the news am hearing here on the forum, a whole person like me, you no fit tell me say you don hit a living bird from space, and a dual polarity one for that sake. So, because u think i am irresponsible you no fit tell me?

Baba-egun,
if am not mistaken, na every year you dey shoot down bird? and if its true, is it the same dish u still make use of, or you get different dish for different birds? cos its like you shot one bird last year. well that means you're a sharp shooter, no signal tracker, no decoder, just your natural God-given talent and you've successfully shot down the most difficult birds for every satellite hobbyst.

@ pofolo,
thansk for that info on CRTV, and by the way where did u get that from?

@ all,
is it true Yar A'dua is now Yar A'die
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ussals(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
@enitan pls. Help on how to go about tracking ewtelsatW3a with 90cm dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ all,
new pple shud pls stop askin 4 how to nail w3a & astra2b.dat questn have bin ova treated. Season1,most in season2, december09 n early 10 (paris prince) can bear me witness fully dealt wit instalin & positn of w3a/sirius & astra2b.
hence,newbees shud pls read ealier post. Kapish

@ george,
thanks.

@ eni,
d presenter on thier morning dew program na him break d news dis mornin.
On yar adie ?, me i no dey o o o !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
@pofolo, ku band signal is allways disturbed by rain it doesnt matter if the signal is strong or not
pofolo:

@ all,
its true dstv wil b on w7. They claim it is for a stronga signal receiption dat is good for our terestial climatic condition. i.e no loss of signal even when its rainin. Our fingers r crossed !.
Also w7 wil posses dual polarity of v & h. Hence,those using a single for multiple decoder shud get ready 2 buy quad or twin lnb dependin on number of decoders.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ odilibe,
i know o o. Pls dnt mis-qoute me. 'they' ,dstivies claim so, and dats why i said we go wait n see (fingers crossed) to c if its true.
One luv my broda !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ enitan
What Pofolo said abt CRTV is true. If u remember i posted the same info last week and u rightly said they would hv 2 change tp. I got that info frm one of their technicians.
@ George D
Help me with freegate settings. How do i know when it connects. spacevice@yahoo.com.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ Ikiriye
           Good job
@ George
          freegate lack vpn so it cant work in all applications. Yes it rocks but for how long?
@ All
        Dstv is moving all their chanels to w7 and according to them no other receiver ll be able to decrypt their smarcard even our strong receiver. If doubt and u ve dstv smartcard in ur strong receiver see if it can open super sports 3nig.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ george-d d guru,
i too will need d settings for v6.8.
Couple of question tho;
1. Do i need a phone browser/usb cord conection.
2. Wil d software include d settings.
3. Can i transfer d software. i.e frm cafe - flashdrive - laptop.
Email : deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ oga pito,
@ all,
na which package person fit come use take browse for free.
Presently i browse wit nokia 6060 & 6070. Dis phone browser good,but life go dey 'gooder' ontop laptop.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
@spacevice,
Check your mailbox.

@pito,
Even without open vpn, it still rocks. I can update my antivirus, download softwares
and do a lot of things and I don't have to worry about my client being banned. Best
of all, it doesn't cut me off every hour.  grin

As for how long it will last, I'd say lets' enjoy it for the moment as it provides a welcome
alternative to fr**d*m.

Those people sef, their yanga was getting too much at a point  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.