Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down (2942 Views)

#LagosAt50: Foot-Like Statue At Berger Erected By Lagos State Government / What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / Lagosians Groan As Using Ojota Foot-bridge Becomes Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2016
A Niger-deltan is the minister or head of anything that has to do with Niger Delta including oil. A Hausa-fulani has always been the minister of Fct Abuja. So why is the Custom comptroller general not Yoruba? We Yoruba need to stop being the class mumu. There should be a wing of Apc making sure a monster's hand comes out of our plate. The likes of Ffk and Fayose are busy making useless noise as cowards they are when they could be doing what is in Yoruba's only and best interests. I won't be surprised if this issue raised has never crossed any of our leader's minds. It's 'one Nigeria' alright, but every region is in charge of their contribution to Nigeria and Yoruba can do the same. Lagos ports, Airport, Seme, and Idi-iroko are responsible for the most goods and human movements in and out of the country. It is our land that suffer all the degradation. We need to start pushing to be the head of Custom now, and later the immigration. We need to start beating this drum loud now. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by seunny4lif(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2016
You wan start E- royal rumble this early morning abi grin grin grin

Make I wait small incase this story reach FP cool cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2016
We need to start taking what belongs to us like others do.

One would expect Seun to put this on the FrontPage, but the guy hates himself and anything Yoruba.
seunny4lif:
You wan start E- royal rumble this early morning abi grin grin grin

Make I wait small incase this story reach FP cool cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by andyboi4real(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Pls Is Their Any Tribe Called Yoruba In Nigeria?
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by seunny4lif(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
We need to start taking what belongs to us like others do.

One would expect Seun to put this in FrontPage, but the guy hates himself and everything Yoruba.
I hear you but you know these our Yoruba politicians no care abt you or me grin grin grin
I no see any value dem don add to our Region since.
The minister of darkness neva do anything grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
No, in the Nigeria that got downgraded with Pluto where you live but yes, in the SW of Nigeria west Africa planet earth.
andyboi4real:
Pls Is Their Any Tribe Called Yoruba In Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2016
That's why we have to start raising it. Nothing is handed to any region in Nigeria, they take it.
Fashola is working according to others, and needs to do more. Yoruba leaders are the most complacent and feckless but thank goodness, some of us will lend them ideas.
seunny4lif:

I hear you but you know these our Yoruba politicians no care abt you or me grin grin grin
I no see any value dem don add to our Region since.
The minister of darkness neva do anything grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by emerged01(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Obj was a president of Nigeria for 8yrs,up till today I can't think of what southwest benefited from his administration.

Op,do you know where I can get tooth pick because after this food I will need it?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2016
True we didn't gain anything under Obj, but this is a different thing and far from presidency. Everyone is in charge of what's on the territories and we should too. And whatever makes the north to always want to be in charge of what's in my backyard should be the more important reason why we should be interested in taking control.of it.

Your food no get meat now or you wan pluck your teeth out with toothpick ni?
emerged01:
Obj was a president of Nigeria for 8yrs,up till today I can't think of what southwest benefited from his administration.

Op,do you know where I can get tooth pick because after this food I will need it?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by metalDETECTED(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2016
Ajanfo is waking up

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by seunny4lif(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
That's why we have to start raising it. Nothing is handed to any region in Nigeria, they take it.
Fashola is working according to others, and needs to do more. Yoruba leaders are the most complacent and feckless but thank goodness, some of us will lend them ideas.
All we want from our so called Yoruba leaders are better Education, health-cares and Roads..
Just like they have it for free doing AWO time
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by seunny4lif(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2016
grin
Me self no see any benefit from OBJ
So, truth cool
emerged01:

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Those are good but, we still need to be in charge of our contribution just like others.
seunny4lif:

All we want from our so called Yoruba leaders are better Education, health-cares and Roads..
Just like they have it for free doing AWO time
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by ificatchmodeh: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Nhmmm nigerians are funny people o..
So customs,airport idi.iroko borders...are no longer federal parastatals...because they are situated in yourba land..
That's mean nnpc. should be maned by the south and the presidency reserved for the north.
Forget fct minister..is the president ..
And what should the east claim?
Ok o....
Guess everybody should then control his territory..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Ajafo? You must have forgotten your replacement eye and ear at home.
metalDETECTED:
Ajanfo is waking up
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by metalDETECTED(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
Ajafo? You must have forgotten your replacement eye and eat at home.
Did you just curse me? angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2016
Weak troll, go back and read the post. All other regions are already in charge of federal parastatals in their land, and Yoruba shouldn't be any different.

Ss already has nnpc. What port do you have in Se? Yoruba should head npa too, we got the ports too.
ificatchmodeh:
Nhmmm nigerians are funny people o..
So customs,airport idi.iroko borders...are no longer federal parastatals...because they are situated in yourba land..
That's mean nnpc.and npa should be maned by people the south and the east..and the presidency reserved for the north.

Ok o....
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2016
What do you mean by did I just curse you?
metalDETECTED:

Did you just curse me? angry
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by ificatchmodeh: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
Weak troll, go back and read the post. All other regions are already in charge of federal parastatals in their land, and Yoruba shouldn't be any different.

All this parastatals are in lagos ba? Ok
Make I know say wetin dey my mind....justd come from long ban..
But you should know better..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Sweetle(f): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
A Niger-deltan is the minister or head of anything that has to do with Niger Delta including oil. A Hausa-fulani has always been the minister of Fct Abuja. So why is the Custom comptroller general not Yoruba? We Yoruba need to stop being the class mumu. There should be a wing of Apc making sure a monster's hand comes out of our plate. The likes of Ffk and Fayose are busy making useless noise as cowards they are when they could be doing what is in Yoruba's only and best interests. I won't be surprised if this issue raised has never crossed any of our leader's minds. It's 'one Nigeria' alright, but every region is in charge of their contribution to Nigeria and Yoruba can do the same. Lagos ports, Airport, Seme, and Idi-iroko are responsible for the most goods and human movements in and out of the country. It is our land that suffer all the degradation. We need to start pushing to be the head of Custom now, and later the immigration. We need to start beating this drum loud now. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

One big mistake you Yorubas make is insulting Fayose & FFK. They may not be perfect but what they are doing is needed.(Thank me later)

Have you forgotten that Buhari has handed over the NNPC to hausa/fulani?

How exactly is Yoruba land being degraded?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2016
Know what better? Abeg say what's on your mind, I didn't get you.
ificatchmodeh:

All this parastatals are in lagos ba? Ok
Make I know say wetin dey my mind....justd come from long ban..
But you should know better..
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2016
No, we are not making mistakes with those two, they are neither here nor there. I'll worship them if they are firmly in Yoruba's corner. They are like drunk men who go out to bring street fights into their living rooms.

He had one Kachikwu there and can't remember who he was replaced with.

The ports are causing Lagos to be polluted. With the number of trucks emitting black carbon. Overbuilt structures in around the ports. Truck falling and putting lives in danger among others. If you didn't know these already, maybe you don't need to contribute to a post such as this.
Sweetle:

One big mistake you Yorubas make is insulting Fayose & FFK. They may not be perfect but what they are doing is needed.(Thank me later)

Have you forgotten that Buhari has handed over the NNPC to hausa/fulani?

How exactly is Yoruba land being degraded?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by chinchong: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2016
this good suggestion should be on frontpage.

op the first step toward achieving that is to stop parading ourselves as national slaves. While our media houses and other concerned individual are taking up issues like these, all our representatives in the house of assembly must also speak out for the betterment of our glorious yoruba land. They should stop being fearful and speak, act like a real omo O'odua.If they can't do this, we should stone them.

simple as that.
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
True we didn't gain anything under Obj, but this is a different thing and far from presidency. Everyone is in charge of what's on the territories and we should too. And whatever makes the north to always want to be in charge of what's in my backyard should be the more important reason why we should be interested in taking control.of it.

Guy, forget about all these politicians - be it Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo - Oloriburuku ni gbogbo won.

You think they give 2 f.ucks about anybody aside lining their pockets & recycling themselves in power?
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 11:56am On Aug 30, 2016
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes FrontPage, we need all hands on deck.

I like your realist attitude.

Roger! We have to stop being PATSIES!

chinchong:
this good suggestion should be on frontpage.

op the first step toward achieving that is to stop parading ourselves as national slaves. While our media houses and other concerned individual are taking up issues like these, all our representatives in the house of assembly must also speak out for the betterment of our glorious yoruba land. They should stop being fearful and speak, act like a real omo O'odua.If they can't do this, we should stone them.

simple as that.
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Wyttcat: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2016
We need to start holding their feet to the fire.
Zoharariel:

Guy, forget about all these politicians - be it Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo - Oloriburuku ni gbogbo won.

You think they give 2 f.ucks about anybody aside lining their pockets & recycling themselves in power?
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by juman(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
OP must be a toddler.

What is important is good governance.
People from any ethnic group can give that.
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by ShootToKill: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
landlocked Hausa/fulani makes so much money from Customs, they see it as their birthright because the yorubamudeens were busy distracted with fighting Innocent Igbos that doesn't give a damn about them and loving up abookirudeen arses.

Go and fight abooki for head of customs and immigration. Na today your eyes clear. Good morning, this evening. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by Larryfest(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
The thing is we yoruba's don't even have foot so how do we put it down when all we do is go here and there.. Igbo man meets igbo man instantly they try to bond same with hausa man but not we the yorubas na so so forming we go dey do..
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
How is dashiki working and who said he is?
Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes FrontPage, we need all hands on deck.

I like your realist attitude.

Roger! We have to stop being PATSIES!

But why is it that when people of other tribes tell most yorubas this same thing you just said they (yorubas) pick offence? For me it is very true.

Just as the fact that igbos love money a wee bit too much and many of them are willing to put their lives on the line just to make money (especially igbos from Anambra)

Just saying though, no offence meant...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
juman:
OP must be a toddler.

What is important is good governance.
People from any ethnic group can give that.
In an entitiy like Nigeria with diverse ethnic groups and our natural leanings toward tribal sentiments, national inclusion and federal character in governance as enshrined in the constitution is as important, if not more important, as good governance itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look at what google did to Buhari upon he is alive / Dear Sophisticated People That Voted Lifeless President / MC Oluomo Gives 100 Houses 2 Cartons Of Indomie, Four Paints Of Gari To Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.