Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

The Ogboni State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ogboni State. (1411 Views)

The Ogboni Veto / I Really Want To Join The Ogboni Secret Society/fraternity In Nigeria To Become / The Ogboni Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ogboni State. by lawani: 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
THE OGBONI STATE.

The Governor or President do not need to be elected in a universal adult suffrage system. Every post in the nation should be that of a worker, every post should be a job. There is no need for politics or politicians, what is needed are nation builders, entrepreneurs, workers and states men. The system of ruling party and opposition party should be overhauled because it is a joke. Only one party is needed in any nation, if you have a new idea, take to social media, do not form an opposition party as that really makes no sense.

The Ogboni party should be the only party and infact any citizen should be able to call for minutes of Ogboni meetings once the person is a tax payer. However, Ogboni membership should be automatic for employers of labor over a certain threshhold for any nation or administrative unit with a governing board while others are nominated by taxpayers and etc.

In an Ogboni system, YOU DO NOT BLAME THE PRESIDENT FOR HOW THINGS TURN OUT, YOU BLAME THE OGBONI MEMBERS. Just thesame way you can not blame your secretary for the fortunes of your business!

The President would be the worker under the closest monitoring or supervision in an Ogboni country and if things go awry, you dont blame the worker, you blame the supervisors or watchers who will be well known to all. One person can not be responsible for a nation, a whole nation!

I believe such a serious model of governance will make things better in any nation that adopts it. If you want the job of President, then apply to the Ogboni assembly. There is no need for elections by universal adult suffrage at all.
Re: The Ogboni State. by hakunajay(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
I didn't read that grin
Re: The Ogboni State. by AustineE1: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
I would rather you address the 'state of Ogboni in nigeria',a system that has failed in its primary responsibilities of putting its house in order. The last time i checked Ogboni society is so much fragmented that one is beginning to lose count of its pseudo-groups. It is not uncommon to find the Aborigine Ogboni here,then Isale ogboni elsewhere,the Reformed Ogboni fraternity(ROF) in next neighbourhood etc,the list is countless.
A nation that adopts the Ogboni model may end up fragmenting to a point that,every large kindred may become a seperate nation of its own.
Thanks,keep your advice and put your house in order.

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni State. by emmanuelbrown26: 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
mr lawani so wat are u implying
Re: The Ogboni State. by lawani: 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
mr lawani so wat are u implying

Was I not clear enough?
Re: The Ogboni State. by AustineE1: 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
lawani:

Was I not clear enough?
even when it is clear that ogboni system can nt stand the test of time.
Re: The Ogboni State. by lawani: 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
AustineE1:

even when it is clear that ogboni system can nt stand the test of time.
Before colonisation, the Ogboni system was successful in Yoruba land and very efficient, it is a one party system of government. Today, China is one party state and they are successful.
Re: The Ogboni State. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
lawani:
THE OGBONI STATE.

The Governor or President do not need to be elected in a universal adult suffrage system. Every post in the nation should be that of a worker, every post should be a job. There is no need for politics or politicians, what is needed are nation builders, entrepreneurs, workers and states men. The system of ruling party and opposition party should be overhauled because it is a joke. Only one party is needed in any nation, if you have a new idea, take to social media, do not form an opposition party as that really makes no sense.

The Ogboni party should be the only party and infact any citizen should be able to call for minutes of Ogboni meetings once the person is a tax payer. However, Ogboni membership should be automatic for employers of labor over a certain threshhold for any nation or administrative unit with a governing board while others are nominated by taxpayers and etc.

In an Ogboni system, YOU DO NOT BLAME THE PRESIDENT FOR HOW THINGS TURN OUT, YOU BLAME THE OGBONI MEMBERS. Just thesame way you can not blame your secretary for the fortunes of your business!

The President would be the worker under the closest monitoring or supervision in an Ogboni country and if things go awry, you dont blame the worker, you blame the supervisors or watchers who will be well known to all. One person can not be responsible for a nation, a whole nation!

I believe such a serious model of governance will make things better in any nation that adopts it. If you want the job of President, then apply to the Ogboni assembly. There is no need for elections by universal adult suffrage at all.

So you want to turn Nigeria as an estate to Yorubas..

Because of on belongs to yorubas.

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni State. by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wow so ogboni is real... I would love to join someday

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni State. by lawani: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
MelesZenawi:

So you want to turn Nigeria as an estate to Yorubas..

Because of on belongs to yorubas.
I want Nigeria to breakup into real viable nations and I believe in a one party theocracy.
Re: The Ogboni State. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
lawani:
I want Nigeria to breakup into real viable nations and I believe in a one party theocracy.

That good if really you want that to happen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar / Throwback Picture Of A Biafra Soldier In 1968 / Are There Nigerians Of Other Races? Say White, Arabs Or Indians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.