Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars (19320 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:40am On Aug 31, 2016
well the people in the past administration are the same as now only under a new umbrella.
DaudaAbu:
Yet we would blame the present Gov't for our woes.

who ever says our leaders have our interest at heart?

And states like taraba? What right have they buying helicopter with states fund?

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by IMASTEX: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2016
All this story don do
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2016
Shekau come and teach me job abeg... I need buhari head on a platter of gold... angry angry

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2016
.which network all this NLDRS dey use? i wan book space na in i find myself 4 page 1. chai!

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by flokii: 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
nicedas:
saying jonathan is clueless is an abuse on the word CLUELESS.

I have a feeling he won't escape d eventual disgrace that awaits him..

I'm sure it must be d yorubas greatest regret in terms of political miscalculation.. Northerners are better off afterall
I only fear for d igbos or other minorities with presidential ambition.. It's now like d definition of IMPOSSIBLE thnks to GEJ
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
DaudaAbu:

And states like taraba? What right have they buying helicopter with states fund?
Does any Nigerian have another Nigerian's interest at heart?.
Everybody is just concerned about what will benefit him/her at the moment
Why do you expect any different from people in power
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by frubben(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
That's wat I call figures. God is really warming up to punish so many leaders
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by dfrost: 7:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Corruption in Nigeria is like a hydra-headed beast. Cut off one of the heads, two grow in its place.

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:49am On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Femich18(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Uve said it all
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by DonCortino: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Yes we blame them because majority of the criminals are in their government and nothing is been done to them.

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by seguno2: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Just like Obasanjo gave waivers to Adeboye and RCCG to import luxury cars et al.
Will Buhari sack Amaechi now for another corruption?
I doubt.

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2016
And the winner of the squandermaniac governor of the century is Rotimi Amaechi..

No wonder he could not complete the monorail..

One aeroplane, two helicopters and 200 BMW cars..

Agents of change.

No wonder he supported sharing of the Excess Crude Account..

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by eph12(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2016
flokii:

I have a feeling he won't escape d eventual disgrace that awaits him..

I'm sure it must be d yorubas greatest regret in terms of political miscalculation.. Northerners are better off afterall
I only fear for d igbos or other minorities with presidential ambition.. It's now like d definition of IMPOSSIBLE thnks to GEJ

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by seguno2: 7:56am On Aug 31, 2016
frubben:
That's wat I call figures. God is really warming up to punish so many leaders

God is warming up but the Nigerians to be used in punishing the so many leaders are sleeping.
So how is the punishment going to happen?

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2016
nicedas:
You that is not clueless what have u achieved?

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by omolola15(m): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2016
Izonpikin:
I bet you do care about the party...because of all mentioned you singled out madam NGO and totally forgot about your man ameachi and other apc thieving governors...don't act like you aren't partisan.... grin

A thief remains a thief buy yet only thieves from the pdp remains a thief to you...abeg make we hear word joor.... tongue

But your madam NGO allowed them steal na. Those bas.tard politicians are thieves we all know that. But madam ngozi gave them free passage. If she says no waiver then no waiver. And if says free pass then free pass. There's no how you'll blame them without blaming her. If she didn't allow them no one will. Everything is not all about politics.
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by seguno2: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Livefreeordieha:
well the people in the past administration are the same as now only under a new umbrella.

You mean under a new BROOM? wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by AntiWailer: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

Buhari destroyed the Nigerian economy in 1984 and he is doing so again and you think it's a coincidence

When the people who lied to you are ready to tell you the truth, they will tell you how he met the economy to the extent that he had to change the currency.

The coincidence is him taking over from corrupt thieves but it appears thieves in 1984 are learners compared to these ones.

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Mylove55(f): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2016
Flyingngel:
The level of corruption perpetuated by this people is alarming.
ineffectual buffoon litter everywhere with corruption, and amaechi just take advantage of ineffectual buffoon foolishness and his stupidity for corruption
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2016
nicedas:

You are seeing the name of Amaechi yet reprimanding Jonathan.

Do you have eye problem or you need mental examination to cure hatred for GEJ ?

We steal because the Nigerians dont stone us.. ...Amaethief.
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Miles300: 8:03am On Aug 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
If the government can't act to address this, they should as well stop informing us.
so true , each day u keep hearing how d country is been looted but no action fr it .. They should spare is the news .. We want economic turn around now
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Izonpikin: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2016
omolola15:

But your madam NGO allowed them steal na. Those bas.tard politicians are thieves we all know that. But madam ngozi gave them free passage. If she says no waiver then no waiver. And if says free pass then free pass. There's no how you'll blame them without blaming her. If she didn't allow them no one will. Everything is not all about politics.
oh should we start the blame game??..we should then start blaming everybody from the past who has led nigeria to this point..now why did the governors accept all of these monies...why cant you guys blame the governors especially the apc governors...what is bad is bad...stop pointing fingers at a particular person...was it not still this same NGO that was against the sharing of our excess crude cash to the mumu governors...

ona wan put everything for her head while your favorite governors are absolved...its totally wrong...
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by adconline(m): 8:06am On Aug 31, 2016
Naughtysite:
And the winner of the squandermaniac governor is Rotimi Amaechi..

No wonder he could not complete the monorail..

One aeroplane, two helicopters and 200 BMW cars..

Agents of change.

No wonder he supported sharing of the Excess Crude Account..
One airplane @$70m
2 copters @$20m
200 bmws @$10m
So $100m spent on luxury and chopping while workers weren't paid.
Anyway, his govt amassed about $24bn when he was in office for 8yrs.
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2016
Miles300:
so true , each day u keep hearing how d country is been looted but no action fr it .. They should spare is the news .. We want economic turn around now
I hate when government that is saddled with fixing things keep telling the people problems without acting to address them. If an entity is found wanting, arrest him, prosecute him and allow the judge convict him. If a government can't, they should spare us the noise
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by bayinq25(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2016
Only eediots wouldn't understand this simple arithmetic:APC=PDP

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by erico2k2(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2016
Love Machine:
The money they used to acquire private jets are public money.They should be arrested and prosecuted.
Arrest who Ameachi minister for transportation ? I'm asleep wake me up when that happens
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2016
tinkinjow:
Isn't it interesting that whenever news of this kind come up it's always tilted by those reporting to single certain individual to attack?
Look at these
Rivers 2b
Akwa ibom 200m
Taraba 13m
Lagos 800m
But who did the writer try to mk more guilty? Akpabio. Balanced reporting is not only giving different side equal critique and coverage but also ensuring that parties in a news item are treated same. In the news Fashola is "secretly " mentioned and the writer didn't consider his picture appropriate even when the waiver he obtained is far above that of Akwa ibom and Taraba.
And considering that these states waivers are just so insignificant to the 200+bn mentioned i think it would've been more appropriate to be detailed on who gets what in figures.

That said it amount to nought if waiver was granted and utilized. The important thing is whether those govs in particular turned around to deduct it from their state's money. Govt tax in this form doesn't really do anything apart from seemingly increasing revenue. Any govt that pays loses while those who don't gain. So if u r frm any of these states u ll b thankful that it isn't paid. Because what ll return to the state is just a fraction of the total after sharing by federal states n local govts.
Consider frm above that 2bn of rivers state money goes back to the federation acc, what ll eventually return to rivers state may not be up too 50m. So its good for individual states to seek waiver. Assuming they put the waiver money to good use

Waivers can actually be more effective than subsidies if the policy is religiously implemented.

Considering the 200 BMW cars procured by Amaethief. He dodged N2.7 bn in waivers..

Akwa Ibom only 200m yet Akpabio picture is magnified as if he is the biggest thief and from the headlines..

Fashola pix grossly missing. The man who transformed Lagos..

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by omolola15(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2016
Izonpikin:
oh should we start the blame game??..we should then start blaming everybody from the past who has led nigeria to this point..now why did the governors accept all of these monies...why cant you guys blame the governors especially the apc governors...what is bad is bad...stop pointing fingers at a particular person...was it not still this same NGO that was against the sharing of our excess crude cash to the mumu governors...

ona wan put everything for her head while your favorite governors are absolved...its totally wrong...

Read my comment again and again. Then re quote me. I said there's no way you'll blame the governors without blaming her. So she with the governors and the past leaders all deserve the blame. Open your eyes very well and read again. Then tell me where I put the blame on her alone.
Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2016
beenniii sir..yes sir...nwgwanu sir...na so sir..although i stand to be corrected.
seguno2:

You mean under a new BROOM? wink

Re: Ex-Governors Received Billions In Waivers To Buy Aircraft, 200 BMW Cars by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

Buhari destroyed the Nigerian economy in 1984 and he is doing so again and you think it's a coincidence

Can i get an interpreter ?

Un Declares Nigeria As An Open-air Mental Asylum! / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS / Family Announces Alamiyeseigha's Funeral Arrangements