Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

How Noah Carried 2 Whales? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Noah Carried 2 Whales? (6575 Views)

Proof That The Story Of Noah Is A Fable And Unreal .... / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" / How Did Whales Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by RiffRaff: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
How exactly did Noah Carry 2 Whales and how big was d Ark?
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by macIB(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
this nairaland pple will not kill me with laugther oooo!!

LMAO, grin grin grin

But come to think of it, this is a very good question!!!
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by theseeker2: 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Riff-Raff:

Noah did not carry whales or the entire animal and plant kingdom in the ark as wrongly recorded by the bible. Scientist make a mockery of the Noah flood because the bible wrongly cliams it was universal flood and every thing on earth outside the ark perished

the quran however correctlyy narrated that the flood was local only to the people of Noah and environs. Meaning his conservation efforts is only for native species and there was no break in human civilization.  scientist have  conclusively  confirmed that an extensive flood occured in the mediternean basin during this time

this is just one of the few example of how bible makes religion a joke in the face of science. The quran on the other hand is 100 % scientifically and historically accurate.
I am open to any challanges(with evidence) on the contrary
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by macIB(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ the seeker

until you come to terms that this Noah story is a myth,

you will just be conjuring up unwarranted explanation for incidents that never existed.

Dont dull yourself with this holy books (bible and quran) mythology and sometimes folklores!
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by vicishow(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
Where u see dat?
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by theseeker2: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
macIB:

@ the seeker

until you come to terms that this Noah story is a myth,

you will just be conjuring up unwarranted explanation for incidents that never existed.

Dont dull yourself with this holy books (bible and quran) mythology and sometimes folklores!

am a geolosist and know what am talking abt. Pls dnt categorize the quran with the bible. The quran is in a class of its own
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2009
Riff-Raff:

I guess something like this sent from heaven

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by mantraa: 1:34am On Oct 03, 2009
Or maybe it was like in star trek: the voyage home

They beamed them into a huge fish tank.

Made of very strong wood 
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by kolaxy(m): 2:29am On Oct 03, 2009
Common sense alone would dictate that Noah was not required to do so, since such creatures already were accustomed to living in water.

Let us examine what the biblical text itself has to say on this subject. Genesis 6:19 reads: “And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female” .

The phrase “all flesh” has been interpreted on occasion to mean that God commanded Noah to take even water-living creatures on board the ark. What is the meaning—in the context—of the phrase “all flesh”? The text that follows in Genesis 6:20 goes on to explain. “Of the birds after their kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.” God therefore limited “all flesh” by specifying three categories: (1) birds; (or fowl); (2) cattle; and (3) creeping things.
wink
God’s command to Noah in Genesis 6:19-20 was that “a male and female of all kinds of animals that could not live in the waters [were] to be brought into the ark”

Furthermore, Genesis 7:21-22 records: “All flesh died that moved upon the earth, both birds, and cattle, and beasts, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died

Note the bolded statement wink

2 Likes

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by kolaxy(m): 2:32am On Oct 03, 2009
Genesis 6:5-7

5Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

7The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

@the seeker, please note those bolded words

2 Likes

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by olabowale(m): 3:49am On Oct 03, 2009
It is very clear that from Adam to Noah (AS to both) the whole world was not heavily populated, so the people on eath must have been Noah,s local people! Why would a sea animal be kept in the ship away from water, when whales need big water body to swim? Flood brings big water body. No? And the oceans were already in there anyway, since the sea craetures were existing in the oceans, before the flood.

People use your Atheist common sense. The_seeker was correct as we see that the population of man at Noah's timwe would have been tops, a small nation like!

2 Likes

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by No2Atheism(m): 4:05am On Oct 03, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Ignorance being displayed here is astounding . . . I would suggest that people try to understand the proper use of english.

No sea creature was taken into the ark.

Hence there was no need for Noah to take a whale into the ark . . .

kolaxy:

Common sense alone would dictate that Noah was not required to do so, since such creatures already were accustomed to living in water.

God therefore limited “all flesh” by specifying three categories: (1) birds; (or fowl); (2) cattle; and (3) creeping things.
wink
God’s command to Noah in Genesis 6:19-20 was that “a male and female of all kinds of animals that could not live in the waters [were] to be brought into the ark”

Furthermore, Genesis 7:21-22 records: “All flesh died that moved upon the earth, both birds, and cattle, and[b] beasts[/b], and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died”

See clearly that it was only animals living on the land that were taking into the ark . . .

Can someone please go back to the bible and quote for me where Noah was directed to save Sea Creatures . . .

Yes you hate the bible.
Yes you hate the idea that things were created and not that you evolved from a monkey.
At least try and do it with dignity and truth and not with falsehood.

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by bawomolo(m): 4:05am On Oct 03, 2009
olabowale:

It is very clear that from Adam to Noah (AS to both) the whole world was not heavily populated, so the people on eath must have been Noah,s local people! Why would a sea animal be kept in the ship away from water, when whales need big water body to swim? Flood brings big water body. No? And the oceans were already in there anyway, since the sea craetures were existing in the oceans, before the flood.

People use your Atheist common sense. The_seeker was correct as we see that the population of man at Noah's timwe would have been tops, a small nation like!

actually,  all creators except the ones in the ark would be dead right?  

wasn't that God's plan, 2 of each creature you want to save?

Arguing with common sense, who says a great flood wouldn't have lead to the contamination of the whales habitat?
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by Tudor6(f): 7:19am On Oct 03, 2009
It now means Noah saved the dinosaurs too. . . . That guy get liver oo
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by theseeker2: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2009
Tudór:

It now means Noah saved the dinosaurs too. . . . That guy get liver oo

use your common sense. noah did not have to carry dinosaurs cos they perished 65 million years ago, long before man ever walked the earth, He did not have carry polar bears or kangaroos or girrafes either cos as the quran narrated, the flood did not cover the entire world but only the vicinity around noah and his people. That is why records show that contemporary civilizations like tht of egypt were unbroken during the time of the flood
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by Tudor6(f): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2009
the_seeker:

use your common sense. noah did not have to carry dinosaurs cos they perished 65 million years ago, long before man ever walked the earth, He did not have carry polar bears or kangaroos or girrafes either cos as the quran narrated, the flood did not cover the entire world but only the vicinity around noah and his people. That is why records show that contemporary civilizations like tht of egypt were unbroken during the time of the flood
What the hell are you talking about?

If I'm looking for info on the noah myth do I go to the original script of the jews who fabricated the story or some plagiarised version written thousands of years later by a pedophile prophet?

Muslims/arabs are an embarrassment. . . .you go stealing the myth, fables and writings of a totally different culture and claim to be an authority on their own myths. . .how sick is that?

BTW, is it not the same quaran that said mohammed split the moon in two?
Only a retard without common sense would believe that and I aint one. . . .
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by myside: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2009
lets be real here, is there any way noah cud have gatherd all d birds, insects, mammals, reptiles, sea creatures, virus, bacteria, shrubs, fruits, trees etc all in one ark for 40 days, they doodled, peed, farted, slept, ate, played inside one ark. its all in your head!
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by theseeker2: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2009
scientists have found a distinctive clay marker in the mediterrenean basin characteristic of such flash floods. Suggesting a goelogically brief but extensive flood in the basin. Archeological evidence also points out that a human civilzation was also wiped out by this disaster.

The problem with the bible is that it is always given to exagerrations. A local event is narrated as a global extinction similar to the permian extinction or that at the end of the cretaceous. Asumming the bibble were to narrate the incidence of the versuvius volcano in pompeii it would have blown it out of proportion to global levels. This would have left scientists dumbfounded as to how a small volcano in italy would have destroyed the whole earth.

The quran however cleary narrated that the flood only affected the people of noah and not the whole world. The same way the destruction of peopl of lot in sodom and gommorah was local and did not affect abraham and his people or even other parallel civilizations
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by noetic15(m): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2009
the_seeker:

Noah did not carry whales or the entire animal and plant kingdom in the ark as wrongly recorded by the bible. Scientist make a mockery of the Noah flood because the bible wrongly cliams it was universal flood and every thing on earth outside the ark perished

the quran however correctlyy narrated that the flood was local only to the people of Noah and environs. Meaning his conservation efforts is only for native species and there was no break in human civilization.  scientist have  conclusively  confirmed that an extensive flood occured in the mediternean basin during this time

this is just one of the few example of how bible makes religion a joke in the face of science. The quran on the other hand is 100 % scientifically and historically accurate.
I am open to any challanges(with evidence) on the contrary
does this make any sense? koran is scientifically correct? really?

can u use the koran to define the borders of the flood? since the flood was a local one. . .where did it start and where did it end?
Do u know that it has been scientifically proven that noah's food indeed happened?

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by Gamine(f): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2009
Daftness.

Is a Whale Amphibious now?
or a land animal
@poster, whales walk on land in your village abi?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by ttalks(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2009
Let's even say Noah was supposed to put whales in the ark(though he wasn't), doesn't common sense suggest that he would have gotten two baby/kid whales? wink

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by theseeker2: 10:28am On Oct 03, 2009
Tudór:

What the hell are you talking about?

If I'm looking for info on the noah myth do I go to the original script of the jews who fabricated the story or some plagiarised version written thousands of years later by a pedophile prophet?

Muslims/arabs are an embarrassment. . . .you go stealing the myth, fables and writings of a totally different culture and claim to be an authority on their own myths. . .how sick is that?

BTW, is it not the same quaran that said mohammed split the moon in two?
Only a retard without common sense would believe that and I aint one. . . .

science has a lot to learn from religion. It is actually so sad that since the bible is so full of crap the quran is assumed to be the same cos it was 'plagarized' from the bible. Until this sick notion of plagarism is cleard there will alway be a stumblig block. I want any of you to give me a single very verse that was copied from the fairytales of the bible.
What is there to copy?
Is is that plants were created before the sun?
Or
that a universal flood occured at the time of noah?
Or
tht the rulers of egypt were called pharaohs during the time of joseph or rightly as kings as the quran stated.
Or that the earth is 6000 years old?
Or that man was created before animal?

I have always wondered what kind of a genius muhammed must have been to have copied only the accurate parts of the bilbes and correct  the fallacies. How he could have spoken accurately abt emrayonic developments', anatomy of ocean waves or something as grand as the big bang theory
How he could have written a book 100% scientifcally  and historically correct having copied from the mess you call the bible.

I need your answers
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by IYANGBALI: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2009
the_seeker:

am a geolosist and know what am talking abt. Pls dnt categorize the quran with the bible. The quran is in a class of its own
what class?abeg no make us laugh for here o,class ko, dormitory ni. quran in a class of is own my foot

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by manmustwac(m): 10:59am On Oct 03, 2009
@Riff Raff
dose it even make sense to put two whales inside an ark Couldn't they just tag along and follow the ark instead
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by petres007(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2009
No2Atheism:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Ignorance being displayed here is astounding . . . I would suggest that people try to understand the proper use of english.

No sea creature was taken into the ark.

Hence there was no need for Noah to take a whale into the ark . . .

See clearly that it was only animals living on the land that were taking into the ark . . .

Can someone please go back to the bible and quote for me where Noah was directed to save Sea Creatures . . .

Yes you hate the bible.
Yes you hate the idea that things were created and not that you evolved from a monkey.
At least try and do it with dignity and truth and not with falsehood.

Tell them No2Atheism, Tell them! grin grin grin
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by Nezan(m): 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2009
the_seeker:

science has a lot to learn from religion. It is actually so sad that since the bible is so full of crap the quran is assumed to be the same cos it was 'plagarized' from the bible. Until this sick notion of plagarism is cleard there will alway be a stumblig block. I want any of you to give me a single very verse that was copied from the fairytales of the bible.

I have always wondered what kind of a genius muhammed must have been to have copied only the accurate parts of the bilbes and correct the fallacies. How he could have spoken accurately abt emrayonic developments', anatomy of ocean waves or something as grand as the big bang theory
How he could have written a book 100% scientifcally and historically correct having copied from the mess you call the bible.

I need your answers
See me see delusion. Did mohammed not plagiarize the Bible? Who told him about Noah's flood? Abraham, et al. Why was he mistaken Mary, the mother of Jesus for Miriam, Aaron's sister. You people are just plain funny.

1 Like

Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by EngrT1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2009
quran (u got to be kidding me)
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by mantraa: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2009
How can one christian claim it was just a local flood when other christians claim that the grand canyon in america is evidence of it?

Is this not a huge contradiction?
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by hackney(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2009
Kolaxy made the most point.
If it is a flood, why would sea creatures need saving?

Also do you know that some schools of thought (scientists) are beginning to believe that the big bang  as they call it was when God said: let there be light?

God's word galvanises nature so creation and specie variations are not always as a result of 'magic' but can also have scientific explanations .
Even species look slightly different depending on geo-locations because nature (God's creative force), in its perfection, sees it as necessary for their survival.
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by mazaje(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2009
noetic15:

Do u know that it has been scientifically proven that noah's food indeed happened?

I laugh in greek. . . grin grin This is a LIE when will you people stop lying to your selves. . .it has bee scientifically prove by which scientist. . pls go ahead ad present the scientific peer reviewed paper that shows that the noah's myth ever happened go ahead and present the scientific peer reviewed paper and name the geologist that were involved  ad their findings. . .

The problem is that even christians themselves disagree strongly with what you have said and some christian geologist have said that it was not a global flood because there is ABSOLUTE NO evidence to support a global flood. . .

In an article at http://home.entouch.net/dmd/gflood.htm , Glenn Morton provides sufficient evidence that a global flood never occured. Morton is a geophysicist and he is a christian. His favorite evidence against the global flood is hydrodynamic sorting ad he went i great detail to explain it. Morton discusses hydrodynamic sorting at length in the article and explained why there is absolute no evidence for the mythical Noah's flood and how it was impossible for it to have left no evidece at all it if had happened on a global scale. According to Wikipedia, hydrodynamics is "the study of liquids in motion.". . . .He even explain that a global Flood violates the second law of thermodynamics,  . .there is no scientific evidence for any global flood. . .
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by illusion2: 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2009
the_seeker:

this is just one of the few example of how bible makes religion a joke in the face of science. The quran on the other hand is 100 % scientifically and historically accurate. I am open to any challanges(with evidence) on the contrary
theseeker? don't deceive yourself. . . . .  cheesy. . .by saying what you're saying will only make yourself feel better not change the facts,ok ?

land creatures needed to be saved in the Ark not marine animals. . . .
Re: How Noah Carried 2 Whales? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2009
If there was a flood (made of water), does it make sense to rescue animals that already live inside the sea?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Know About 'the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity'?(photos) / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) / Why Are Blacks Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.