Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Why Are Blacks Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Blacks Christians? (6576 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Are Blacks CURSED By NOAH According To The BIBLE? / Are Blacks The Cused Descendants Of Ham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2013
Even though blacks wouldnt be christians if it were not for whites coming to africa to take slaves, they still practice christianity.

my question is why. Same goes for american blacks whose forefathers werent even allowed to read the bible, and the bible was used to keep them in slavery. example slaves should obey their masters.

what do you say.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2013
Seen. I'd be back. Let me celebrate first.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by diresimdi(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2013
why blacks are christians? wao! that sounds funny but not really. i think blacks came to realise that Christianity as a religion is good just that those practising it are some times biased. This biaseness was predominant in the collonial days. comparing Christianity with other religions all over the world, you will be convinced that it is the best when sincerely practiced, that is why the blacks as a race embrace it.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
@somalia9

Are you @pirate1?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by plaetton: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
diresimdi: why blacks are christians? wao! that sounds funny but not really. i think blacks came to realise that Christianity as a religion is good just that those practising it are some times biased. This biaseness was predominant in the collonial days. comparing Christianity with other religions all over the world, you will be convinced that it is the best when sincerely practiced, that is why the blacks as a race embrace it.

Na wa o.
Pls kindly tell us at what point in history did black realise that christianity, as religion, was good?

When did native Africans ever get the chance to study and compare the precepts of other religions before settling on christianity? Even 200 yrs after the forced introduction of christianity into Africa, many christian blacks have never consdered let alone study the many religions of other cultures.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
somalia9: Even though blacks wouldnt be christians if it were not for whites coming to africa to take slaves, they still practice christianity.

my question is why. Same goes for american blacks whose forefathers werent even allowed to read the bible, and the bible was used to keep them in slavery. example slaves should obey their masters.

what do you say.
and what are you? Green? Orange or pink? Or samalians white? Do you have common sense?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by brainpulse: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
Why do Blacks ride on cars and live in beautiful edifice?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by manmustwac(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
@somalia9
I know you are a muslim. So I want to know why do you, an east african worship an arab God?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
manmustwac: @somalia9
I know you are a muslim. So I want to know why do you, an east african worship an arab God?

islam is not an aran religion. 87 percent of muslims are not arab. islam was never forced on somalis. arabs ran to somalia to escape persecution in their homeland. somalis accepted islam before turks, north africans, iraqis etc
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: and what are you? Green? Orange or pink? Or samalians white? Do you have common sense?

am somali.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by NoProphecy: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
somalia9:

islam is not an aran religion. 87 percent of muslims are not arab. islam was never forced on somalis. arabs ran to somalia to escape persecution in their homeland. somalis accepted islam before turks, north africans, iraqis etc

So islam forbids the ownership of human beings?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Delafruita(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
diresimdi: why blacks are christians? wao! that sounds funny but not really. i think blacks came to realise that Christianity as a religion is good just that those practising it are some times biased. This biaseness was predominant in the collonial days. comparing Christianity with other religions all over the world, you will be convinced that it is the best when sincerely practiced, that is why the blacks as a race embrace it.
blacks didnt embrace christianity,they endured it...at least way back then.perhaps if you understood the concept of infusion or brainwashing then you'd understand that what a child sees and listens to from childhood becomes par of his person.the early black christians werent fully christians.for them,it was all about the trade with the missionaries.then the missionaries started to attach conditions to trade like building schools,churches etc.

so the next generation became indoctrinated.and since blacks are naturally very aggressive believers based on our prior pagan culture,we became aggressive with christianity.that aggression led to us condemning those that werent in the same faith and thus,more blacks were been converted.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
NoProphecy:

So islam forbids the ownership of human beings?

yes.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
somalians are muslim and they are black.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by NoProphecy: 1:31am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9:

yes.

Where in the Koran is this stated?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 1:43am On Mar 30, 2013
NoProphecy:

Where in the Koran is this stated?
Quran, Surat At-Tawbah 9:60 specifies that Zakat is to be used for freeing slaves and bonded labourers
"Zakat expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect (Zakat) and for bringing hearts together and for freeing captives (or slaves) and for those in debt (or bonded labour) and for the cause of Allah and for the (stranded) traveller - an obligation (imposed) by Allah . And Allah is Knowing and Wise."

slavery was in practice in the middle east before islam. Islam got rid of it. Islam forbids slavery, this is not to say that a few greedy profiteers did not practice it.
Bilaal was actually a slave who was freed by the prophets companions and was the first muslim the do the adhaan.

The prophet Muhammad himself said one of the best deeds is to free a slave. In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves. Slaves are able to own their own property and purchase or acquire their freedom in various ways.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by NoProphecy: 2:00am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9:
Quran, Surat At-Tawbah 9:60 specifies that Zakat is to be used for freeing slaves and bonded labourers
"Zakat expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect (Zakat) and for bringing hearts together and for freeing captives (or slaves) and for those in debt (or bonded labour) and for the cause of Allah and for the (stranded) traveller - an obligation (imposed) by Allah . And Allah is Knowing and Wise."

slavery was in practice in the middle east before islam. Islam got rid of it. Islam forbids slavery, this is not to say that a few greedy profiteers did not practice it.
Bilaal was actually a slave who was freed by the prophets companions and was the first muslim the do the adhaan.

The prophet Muhammad himself said one of the best deeds is to free a slave. In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves. Slaves are able to own their own property and purchase or acquire their freedom in various ways.

This does not sound like the Koran forbids enslaving (non-muslim) human beings. If it is forbidden, what is the punishment for enslaving human beings? "A hundred stripes?" "...that they will be killed or crucified?" "...have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off?" "..be expelled out of the land?" "confine them to the houses until death take them?" "..cut off their hands?" Randomly "freeing" people does not constitute a ban on enslaving human beings. The Jesus character "healed" people that he ran into on the street, but did not abolish (cure) any diseases. These are just random acts of charity based on what adoring fans you run into.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Finally, I'm back.
Before I say anything, I'd like to know if you have a good grasp of what you intend to achieve in this thread or you are out to play games. Whichever one I'm in.
My question is, are you asking why I became a christain, or why blacks became christain? Or you are making a point, which is, that christainity was pushed on blacks?
The atheist in the house can help us.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9:

Please, can we leave the religion of the sex craving prophet out this? Please!
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 30, 2013
Delafruita: and since blacks are naturally very aggressive believers based on our prior pagan culture,we became aggressive with christianity.that aggression led to us condemning those that werent in the same faith and thus,more blacks were been converted.
First of all, I would like to know how you came up with 'blacks are naturally agressive'? To the point please.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 30, 2013
manmustwac: @somalia9
Lol. It happens. A hypocrite advertises his ignorance with honour.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9:

You have just succeeded in answering your own question. If 87% of muslims are not arab why do you expect 100% of christians to be white?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by manmustwac(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9:

So arabs ran to somalia to escape persecution. Which lead to the spreading of Islam. So if it had been Christians from Rome who had fled to somalia in the 7th century instead of muslims all u Somali people would be christians right? And if it was the arabs that came to West Africa to trade instead of the europeans then we West Africans would be muslims right? Then you be here blabbing on about how we became muslims by force & how u became christians voluntarily right? Can you see how that makes you a hypocrite?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Delafruita(m): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: First of all, I would to know how you came up with 'blacks are naturally agressive'? To the point please.
you didnt complete it "naturally aggressive believers".when i say blacks,i refer to africans.take for example christianity,africans are much more aggressive in the practise of christianity than those that sent it to us.we pray aggressively and have more crazed doctrines than those that sent it to us.

even before christianity came here,we had our traditional religion which we were adherrents of.africans have africanised christianity to suit their own ways.the yorubas have infused their culture of respect by calling their pastors daddy and mummy.

then again,the failure of the various governments in africa have made their people place their hopes on a sky daddy.it is easier to believe in holy blessings when physical blessings arent forthcoming.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2013
Delafruita: you didnt complete it "naturally aggressive believers".when i say blacks,i refer to africans.take for example christianity,africans are much more aggressive in the practise of christianity than those that sent it to us.we pray aggressively and have more crazed doctrines than those that sent it to us.

even before christianity came here,we had our traditional religion which we were adherrents of.africans have africanised christianity to suit their own ways.the yorubas have infused their culture of respect by calling their pastors daddy and mummy.

then again,the failure of the various governments in africa have made their people place their hopes on a sky daddy.it is easier to believe in holy blessings when physical blessings arent forthcoming.
This does not answer my question in any way.
I wonder how blacks could mean to anyone 'africans'.
And you are demanding for a complete version encompassing 'naturally agressive believers'. Seriously? To begin with, is there anything like a natural believer, talk more an agressive one?
Let's go back to basis before we even treat the above.
How come blacks are naturally agressive? Once again, to the point.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2013
somalia9: Even though blacks wouldnt be christians if it were not for whites coming to africa to take slaves, they still practice christianity.

what do you say.
THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. WHAT THE UPLIFTED EMPIRE, ROMANS WHO ARE CAUCASIANS, SIMPLY DID WAS RETURN TO BLACK PEOPLE WHAT WAS THEIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE, THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE HAS HAD AN AMAZINGLY YET PRECARIOUS JOURNEY, WELL IT WASNT CALLED THE BIBLE BACK THEN. IT WAS SCROLLS. THE SCROLLS WERE PUT TOGETHER BY THE PROPHETS OF ISRAEL, ALL BLACK MEN, OVER A CERTAIN TIME PERIOD AND DURING THEIR DIFFERENT CAPTIVITIES. HOWEVER IN ALL THEIR CAPTIVITIES THEY WERE ALLOWED TO RETURN HOME TO ISRAEL. HOWEVER THE CAPTIVITY BY THE GREEKS AND THE ROMANS WAS THE MOST BRUTAL. THEY ACTUALLY KICKED THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF ISRAEL INTO AFRICA. STOLE ALL THE SCROLLS AND KEPT IT AS THEIRS. THE ISRAELITES RAN INTO AFRICA AND OVER TIME LOST A SENSE OF WHO THEY WERE ( THEY GOT DISCONTINUED FROM THEIR HERITAGE JEREMIAH 17 VS 4 ). THE ROMAN EMPIRE GOT ATTACKED BY A GROUP OF BLACK GENERALS HEADED BY SEPTEMIUS SEVERUS AND BLACKS TOOK CONTROL AGAIN IN 193 AD. THEY RULED FOR ABOUT 1000 YEARS. SOME CALLED THEM THE MOORS BUT THEY WERE ISRAELITES. AROUND 1300 AD THE BLACKS GOT OVERPOWERED AND FINALLY ALL GOT KICKED OUT BUT NOT BEFORE THE LAST BLACK KING IN EUROPE KING JAMES HAD THE SCROLLS COMPILED INTO A BIBLE BECAUSE THE WHITE EUROPEANS WHO TOOK OVER OTHER PARTS OF EUROPE WERE CORRUPTING THE MESSAGES IN THE SCROLLS AND MAKING THEIR OWN BIBLES AND PUTTING WHITE IMAGES IN IT AND CHANGING EVERYTHING UP SO THAT YOU WOULD THINK THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WROTE IT
1 MACCABEES 3 VS 48 And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.
<<< ICONOCLASM.
ANYWAY THE WHITE EUROPEANS REGAINED FULL CONTROL OF MOST PARTS OF EUROPE IN THE 1400S TO 1500S AND USHERED IN THE EUROPEAN RENNAISANCE ( WHICH IS A COVERT WORD FOR WHITE WASHING HISTORY ). IT WAS DURING THIS PERIOD THAT THEY WENT ON THEIR NUMEROUS CONQUEST EXPLOITS BRINGING THE BIBLE TO THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE IT WHO WERE NOW LANGUISHING IN WEST AFRICA AND BEING CALLED OTHER NAMES NOW. THIS IS THE LORD MAKING THE EXALTED NATION BRING BACK TO YOU WHAT MADE YOU FALL IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOUR REJECTION OF THE WORD. SO THE LORD MADE THE EXALTED HEATHEN ROMAN EMPIRE BRING YOU WHAT YOU REJECTED TO FOLLOW. AND THATS HOW THE BIBLE ENDED UP BACK AGAIN IN THE HANDS OF THOSE WHO WROTE IT BUT ONLY THIS TIME THE SCROLLS HAD ALL BEEN COMPILED TOGETHER AND IS NOW CALLED THE BIBLE. THE POINT BEING THE WHITE MAN DID NOT INTRODUCE THE BIBLE TO BLACKS, THE WHITE MAN WAS RETURNING WHAT BELONGED TO BLACKS WHICH WAS THEIR STUMBLING BLOCK.THATS THE LORDS SENSE OF HUMOR IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT THAT WAY
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Delafruita(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: This does not answer my question in any way.
I wonder how blacks could mean to anyone 'africans'.
And you are demanding for a complete version encompassing 'naturally agressive believers'. Seriously? To begin with, is there anything like a natural believer, talk more an agressive one?
Let's go back to basis before we even treat the above.
How come blacks are naturally agressive? Once again, to the point.
if you cant understand a simple point,then i must question your comprehension skills or your motives
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by wazobiaforu(m): 11:34am On Mar 30, 2013
Must everybody be a muslim?

Because the britsh enslave and colonize Nigerian then we should not go to UK again? Try to know what they call Liberty and independence, you are free to decide on what to do after your freedom, you weigh the benefit and the bad and take the one that pleases your mind.

I know of an imam that was forced to change his name to a christian name and be a christian because he wanted to go to a missionarry school and he did but later convert back to islam when he got his freedom.

People that find happiness in it are still there and they are entitle to their right. Shikena
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Delafruita:
if you cant understand a simple point,then i must question your comprehension skills or your motives
It doesn't matter what you question, what matters is the rationale in questioning it.
Seriously, I made deliberate effort to understand, but it was beneath my understanding.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by wiegraf: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Why are there hypocritical muslims op?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by NoProphecy: 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. WHAT THE UPLIFTED EMPIRE, ROMANS WHO ARE CAUCASIANS, SIMPLY DID WAS RETURN TO BLACK PEOPLE WHAT WAS THEIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE, THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE HAS HAD AN AMAZINGLY YET PRECARIOUS JOURNEY, WELL IT WASNT CALLED THE BIBLE BACK THEN. IT WAS SCROLLS. THE SCROLLS WERE PUT TOGETHER BY THE PROPHETS OF ISRAEL, ALL BLACK MEN, OVER A CERTAIN TIME PERIOD AND DURING THEIR DIFFERENT CAPTIVITIES. HOWEVER IN ALL THEIR CAPTIVITIES THEY WERE ALLOWED TO RETURN HOME TO ISRAEL. HOWEVER THE CAPTIVITY BY THE GREEKS AND THE ROMANS WAS THE MOST BRUTAL. THEY ACTUALLY KICKED THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF ISRAEL INTO AFRICA. STOLE ALL THE SCROLLS AND KEPT IT AS THEIRS. THE ISRAELITES RAN INTO AFRICA AND OVER TIME LOST A SENSE OF WHO THEY WERE ( THEY GOT DISCONTINUED FROM THEIR HERITAGE JEREMIAH 17 VS 4 ). THE ROMAN EMPIRE GOT ATTACKED BY A GROUP OF BLACK GENERALS HEADED BY SEPTEMIUS SEVERUS AND BLACKS TOOK CONTROL AGAIN IN 193 AD. THEY RULED FOR ABOUT 1000 YEARS. SOME CALLED THEM THE MOORS BUT THEY WERE ISRAELITES. AROUND 1300 AD THE BLACKS GOT OVERPOWERED AND FINALLY ALL GOT KICKED OUT BUT NOT BEFORE THE LAST BLACK KING IN EUROPE KING JAMES HAD THE SCROLLS COMPILED INTO A BIBLE BECAUSE THE WHITE EUROPEANS WHO TOOK OVER OTHER PARTS OF EUROPE WERE CORRUPTING THE MESSAGES IN THE SCROLLS AND MAKING THEIR OWN BIBLES AND PUTTING WHITE IMAGES IN IT AND CHANGING EVERYTHING UP SO THAT YOU WOULD THINK THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WROTE IT
1 MACCABEES 3 VS 48 And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.
<<< ICONOCLASM.
ANYWAY THE WHITE EUROPEANS REGAINED FULL CONTROL OF MOST PARTS OF EUROPE IN THE 1400S TO 1500S AND USHERED IN THE EUROPEAN RENNAISANCE ( WHICH IS A COVERT WORD FOR WHITE WASHING HISTORY ). IT WAS DURING THIS PERIOD THAT THEY WENT ON THEIR NUMEROUS CONQUEST EXPLOITS BRINGING THE BIBLE TO THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE IT WHO WERE NOW LANGUISHING IN WEST AFRICA AND BEING CALLED OTHER NAMES NOW. THIS IS THE LORD MAKING THE EXALTED NATION BRING BACK TO YOU WHAT MADE YOU FALL IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOUR REJECTION OF THE WORD. SO THE LORD MADE THE EXALTED HEATHEN ROMAN EMPIRE BRING YOU WHAT YOU REJECTED TO FOLLOW. AND THATS HOW THE BIBLE ENDED UP BACK AGAIN IN THE HANDS OF THOSE WHO WROTE IT BUT ONLY THIS TIME THE SCROLLS HAD ALL BEEN COMPILED TOGETHER AND IS NOW CALLED THE BIBLE. THE POINT BEING THE WHITE MAN DID NOT INTRODUCE THE BIBLE TO BLACKS, THE WHITE MAN WAS RETURNING WHAT BELONGED TO BLACKS WHICH WAS THEIR STUMBLING BLOCK.THATS THE LORDS SENSE OF HUMOR IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT THAT WAY

This sounds like a conspiracy theory. Even if true, the "MYSTERIOUS WAYS" gag is never satisfactory. Things that seem irrational, incompetent, and ignorant may be just that: There does not necessarily have to be a supreme intelligence and plan behind it.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by ooman(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Blacks are xtians and muslims because most are too lazy to live without begging a God for success which often lead to poverty as is evident in all Black community!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Know About 'the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity'?(photos) / Science Has Found Evidence Of God. / Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.