Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? (6489 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / Men: How Do You Handle An Aggressive Woman? / My Ex Who Is Married Is On My Neck. Advice Pls [screen Shots] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by JCzAr(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hmmm
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by knight4u(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
Put a bullet in his brain! That will do it!! grin
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by blazingtw: 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2009
Your ex is responding to not having closure. The way you breakup has a lot of effect on a person. If you breakup nicely, the person will be alright. If you reject the person and say things like it was all your fault them that where the problem starts.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by ruffrider(f): 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2009
Ask him was he the one that gave you the STD. He will take off running fast and in a hurry. grin grin grin
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by koolchicco: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2009
ruffrider:

Ask him was he the one that gave you the STD. He will take off running fast and in a hurry. grin grin grin

Nice One.I don buy'am oo! grin grin grin grin
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2009
Tried and tested method. Call him with a sad tone to your voice, tell him you just got your blood test result from you usual routine blood test(STDs tests) and it was discovered that you were HIV positive. Tell him it might have been Ken or Phililp but you are not sure. Tell him that you love him too much to infect him. He probably would have dropped the phone before you finished grin Voila you are stalker free grin
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by MurphyG1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2009
Its simple. Charm him/her to stop loving u. It will work. But make sure u meet the right babalawo to do the jazz for u.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Tried and tested method. Call him with a sad tone to your voice, tell him you just got your blood test result from you usual routine blood test(STDs tests) and it was discovered that you were HIV positive. Tell him it might have been Ken or Phililp but you are not sure. Tell him that you love him too much to infect him. He probably would have dropped the phone before you finished grin Voila you are stalker free grin

hmmm, what if he answers it's not Ken or Phillip but him, and thats what he's been trying to tell you.  Heartattack 101 grin, careful what you say!
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2009
ezinne1212:

hmmm, what if he answers it's not Ken or Phillip but him, and thats what he's been trying to tell you.  Heartattack 101 grin, careful what you say!

grin Sister wahala dey o!
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by neonet(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
Tell him that he should assist u by paying 90% of ur tuition fee,accomodation/feeding in london dat is worth £8,000. He will disappear into thin air! He wont bother u again
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Alpo: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2009
I think first thing you should do is tell him to stay away from you and not to call you anymore. If that don't work report him to the police.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by sley4life(m): 1:50am On Oct 04, 2009
murdeeeer
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by r231(m): 2:21am On Oct 04, 2009
Ujujoan:

LOL grin grin

@ Post:

Why dont you just tell your BF to talk to him, man to man. I'm sure they can sort it out among themselves undecided

are you drunk, her BF should go talk to him man to man and say what pls I am d new man stp harassing and stalking ma GF abi
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by olanajim(m): 2:34am On Oct 04, 2009
@thonia,
I wouldnt say the issue is as simple as telling him to move on. Naijagirly should also take note.

Firstly, in any broken relationship, 3 factors come to play;

1. The circumstances of seperation;
2. The nature and character of the parties involved
3. The emotional depth of the affair as at the time of seperation.

It is these three factors that determined how the parties take it and what their reactions to it is. It also determine how quickly they move on and how slow it take for them to put the past behind them. Maturity alone cant solve it. It is easier for some to move on, others just need a break before overcoming the pain. But a percentage of people cant move on without drastic action.

That percentage would manifest their rejection of reality in many ways. Among which are;
1. Taking revenge on you or someone else. This can manifest in physical harm to you or maltreatment of their next lover";
2. Losing faith in Love and vowing never to trust again. It is from such people you hear something like "I can never love again" "men/women are the same" etc
3. Turning to bad social habits such as drinking and womanizing etc
4. Psychotic disorder. This is not very common but exists. It is a mental state.

In your own case, (thonia) it is obvious that the guy would belong to no. 4. I arrived at this based on the fact you submitted at my thread. That he went to the extent of stalking you on fb by using a third party ID. And the fact that he even know your bf and refuse to let go.

From my study, earlier in the year, your guy maybe entering to erotomaniac state. I may be wrong since I didnt witness his action. But I must admit that erotomania is a serious and extreme level. The man (affected) may not even be your ex. But it could happen that he fantasized about your often and in his mind, still believe you are his! Erotomaniacs often focus their attention to celebrities and beautiful ladies. And may go to the extent of doing physical harm to their target or their perceived rivals. It is a psychological disorder. I wish I could say more. But that is ok for now.

What to do?
First find out where your ex belong. Is he just obssessed by you or he has an unfinished business with you? Only you can answer that. I imagine that he was a jealous lover when you are together. Very possessive and insecured. Am I right?
Once you could pinpoint where your ex belong, it will be easy to know how to get him off your back. In the case of obssession, you may have to start avoiding him. If you live in the same area, you may consider relocating to another place if he is a dangerous type. Also heed your bf advice and ignore him as much as possible.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by chika98: 2:35am On Oct 04, 2009
Olanajim: What an epistle cheesy grin
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by samnaija: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2009
i have a similar problem, i broke up with this girl becos she was to over demanding. her school fees , wardrobe, feeding , even her siblings expenses on me. and to top it off shes an extreme xtrovert(clubbing to the maximum). just had to put the brakes on, she cursed at first i taught i was free. the endless text n phone calls started. i ve deleted her number, blocked her number, ignored,shouted on her not to call back, for where, all i just wanted was 4 us to path away has friends. i ve moved on , but once a while i get the a useless text or crank call.i think her problem is she cant believe i moved on 4 cryin out i am married now, ther re some psychos out there!!!!
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2009
samnaija:

i have a similar problem, i broke up with this girl becos she was to over demanding. her school fees , wardrobe, feeding , even her siblings expenses on me. and to top it off shes an extreme xtrovert(clubbing to the maximum). just had to put the brakes on, she cursed at first i taught i was free. the endless text n phone calls started. i ve deleted her number, blocked her number, ignored,shouted on her not to call back, for where, all i just wanted was 4 us to path away has friends. i ve moved on , but once a while i get the a useless text or crank call.i think her problem is she cant believe i moved on 4 cryin out i am married now, ther re some psychos out there!!!!

oooh shut it! U're married and u're gonna have a daughter some day, pls go and sleep
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2009
IMO only foolish people have bad break up[/i]s, I am certain what goes around comes around.

you can [i]CHOOSE
to be smart, keep things nice and clean and make certain your intentions are clear.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Witi(m): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2009
Make sure you keep a wide distance between you people, then stop responding to his moves (calls, mails, or any other means of communication) he will burn out over time if you continue to give him audience you may end up sleeping with him and it will be very difficult to stop once you start had a similar experience with my ex-gf but just have to let go.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by olanajim(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2009
@pako
As much as I agrees that at times only foolish people has break up. The truth is the betrayal of trust is a latent negative instinct. It is like a ugly seed hidden inside the Pear. You remove the skin carefully and then settle down to your fruit only to find that it was the ugly seed inside that make it bigger. Disappointed, you either eat the good flesh and throw the ugly stone away. But if the flesh is rotten, you have to face that disappointment and throw everything away. That is heartbreak!

The real foolish people are those who, after meticulous peeling of the outward appearance (the skin) found out that the flesh is rotten, but decided to go ahead and eat the poison just because they are hungry and has not alternative within reach.

That is the best parable to answer that. Sometimes, breaking away from certain people and facing the heartbreak is a blessing to the two sides. You cant know your partner for real until you have committed to him or her.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2009
No I didn't say only foolish people break up, you can break up with any and everyone, it doesn't have to be a bad break up. is my point.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by olanajim(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2009
taken! Thanks for the correction. Where is my contract?
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2009
olanajim:

taken! Thanks for the correction. Where is my contract?

its coming. smiley

Do you have salary requirements ?
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by ogbronx(m): 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2009
I dont approve of poeple stalking others but sometimes its not entirely their fault(emotions are really complex).maybe you made him fall deeply and left him to hang cos you got a better bf(more money,handsome?).it happens all the time.moreover you didnt say why and how you guys broke-up.we cant really conclude.if i were him,i would leave you alone for good.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by olanajim(m): 12:58am On Oct 05, 2009
@pako,
Let me know what it is first. Abi you want me to write yar adua's lies(sorry speeches)? I cant do that o! My head cant be use to break coconut shell.
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2009
olanajim:

@pako,
Let me know what it is first. Abi you want me to write yar adua's lies(sorry speeches)? I cant do that o! My head cant be use to break coconut shell.

well, if u're getting paid, does it matter whose speeches you write ? consider them lies if u want, its an honor to work for a president, but ill YIM you when im ready. smiley
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by olanajim(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2009
***shocked***
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by posakosa(m): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
why r u shocked ?
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 06, 2009
undecided
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by jalether(m): 1:14am On Oct 06, 2009
Stalker full naija mehn, I can understand some women's hostile behaviour towards naija mehn sometimes

guys needs to start having some dignity
Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by chukudibab(m): 3:18am On Oct 06, 2009
i'll woop her *SS with my d.k for the last time grin grin

Re: How do you handle An Ex Who Doesn't Want To Let Go? by chukudibab(m): 3:20am On Oct 06, 2009
i'll woop her *SS with my d.k for the last time grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omg!!!nairaland Get Together Party / Birthday day to go Oyind17 / This Random Girl Just Asked Me For Sex Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.