Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." (3970 Views)

Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) / See What Happened To Rochas Unused Flyover In Owerri. / Imo North Senatorial Election: Okorocha On A Wild Goose Chase – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by ogawisdom(m): 7:55am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
ya markudi. Have corrected it. Nigeria have just two fed.univ of agric.

Wrong wat of Abeokuta, Federal uni of agric Abeokuta
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Do you not consume tomatoes, groundnut oil, beef, onions, pepper, and sugar daily in the SE? Or are your stews made with just water, fish and palm oil? Not to mention beans, corn and millet for the Akamu and Akara your kids grow on? Are sugar canes grown in Aba?

Grow up there's no point arguing with facts.

what exactly do you mean by pepper? Mr man, it is a common garden product in the South East.
Sugar? It is not a food. Btw we have foreign investorz sugars in Nigeria.
Tomato, Onions? Yes I agree.
Groundnut oil? Which groundnut oil?
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Sealeddeal(m): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Even the North depends on imported food to supplement the shortages they have. Many of foods eaten in East are imported. Aside the Beans,Beef,wheat, millet, sugar, carrot,cucumber,tomatoes, cabbage, i don't know what is consumed in East that North supplies. Food like Plantain, Banana, yam, Rice, cassava,vegetables, snails,chicken,pork,tomatoes, vegetable oils, clean water,fish,are produced in large quantity in East. Nigeria region inter-depend on each others. If you come to North, you will be surprised. The belief that North is the food capital of Nigeria is a fallacy. I am currently in North .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 7:59am On Sep 01, 2016
superstarDikk:
I woudnt wanna argue further with you cuz my grandpa warned me never to argue with fools.........was just waiting for u to confirm u r n since u have, bye bye............
have I bursted ur ass?
You silly imposter.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Dainfamous: 7:59am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
LIAR. Big Liar.
which sugar? Sugar is mainly imported into the country or by foreign investors.
Pepper and Maize? Lol, SE grow pepper and Maize in their farm and garden.
Groundnutoil? Who dash una groundnut oil? Those are bought g.oil of foreign investorz.
ground nut oil produce by chikason who doesn't know life vegetable oil in SE region
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Even the North depends on imported food to supplement the shortages they have. Many of foods eaten in East are imported. Aside the Beans,Beef,wheat, millet, sugar, carrot,cucumber,tomatoes, cabbage, i don't know what is consumed in East that North supplies. Food like Plantain, Banana, yam, Rice, cassava,vegetables, snails,chicken,pork,tomatoes, vegetable oils, clean water,fish,are produced in large quantity in East. Nigeria region inter-depend on each others. If you come to North, you will be surprised. The belief that North is the food capital of Nigeria is a fallacy. I am currently in North .
thank you. We must be alert to be bursting their propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:02am On Sep 01, 2016
Dainfamous:
ground nut oil produce by chikason who doesn't know life vegetable oil in SE region
thank you. Tell them o. I am alert to be bursting their propaganda.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:04am On Sep 01, 2016
malton:

The problem with people like you is that you are very shallow, yet lack the zeal or capacity to learn. Going by your comment, I can bet almost everything you know about Nigeria, came from Nairaland.

The combination of ignorance and arrogance is a recipe for disaster for anyone, regardless how high you may consider yourself.

What exactly has your region offered in terms of food production?

You few miscreants will be here online giving the wrong impression of the vast hardworking Igbos out there who barely have time for themselves, much less hate.

As for the thread, I wonder who is the more ignorant one between you and the op.

Emotions have have held your brains to hostage, using it to play ten-ten.

I've seen you who isn't shallow minded grin You don't insult people cause they don't share the same opinion as you, the north produce food same as the east. But you can't come here and tell me all the food down east are shipped in from the north. We depend on the north same way the depend on us for some certain foodstuff but you can't come here and expect me to swallow the fact that we depend heavily on d north....And if your whole life is based on crap u get out of NL then that's ur problem, don't say shit you don't know

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Alphaoscar: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2016
superstarDikk:
you see your problem?...I never called u names bro... U just proved to me that u opened this thread out of jealousy for other Nigerian tribes........For ur info I'm not Yoruba neither am I Hausa. I'm just Niger Deltan who sees things as they are. I don't follow the crowd n complain all d time. I m not a victim like ur people are..........n I've been base in Awka for d past 5years, so yea I'm in the SE

Op is comparing Mama Chinedu's one plot Yam farm that can't even feed a nuclear family for 6months to commercial farms in the the North. lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

You don't insult people cause they don't share the same opinion as you, the north produce food same as the east. But you can't come here and tell me all the food down east are shipped in from the north. We depend on the north same way the depend on us for some certain foodstuff but you can't come here and expect me to swallow the fact that we depend heavily on d north....And if your whole life is based on crap u get out of NL then that's ur problem, don't say shit you don't know
nice one babe. He can't counter your intelligent contribution.

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Op is comparing Mama Chinedu's one plot Yam farm that can't even feed a nuclear family for 6months to commercial farms in the the North. lol
have you been to Ebonyi state before?
Have you heard about Abia state or the Nsukka area.
Yam is heavily produced mr man in the South East.
Keep ur almajiri yam in the north.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by QuotaSystem: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
what exactly do you mean by pepper? Mr man, it is a common garden product in the South East.
Sugar? It is not a food. Btw we have foreign investorz sugars in Nigeria.
Tomato, Onions? Yes I agree.
Groundnut oil? Which groundnut oil?

You clearly just want to argue. What seeds are pressed to produce the vegetable oil you consume daily? Do you grow groundnuts in the SE or do you have any groundnut mills like are scattered all over the North? I just showed you a list and map of the sugar factories in Nigeria yet you still talk about phantom foreign investors?

You don't have to agree with me, you just look silly arguing with facts which was why I responded in the first place.

Believe what you want, Rochas has spoken. Take heed for your own good because the North is already pursuing self sufficiency. Goodbye.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by modath(f): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
ya markudi. Have corrected it. Nigeria have just two fed.univ of agric.

What of federal university of Agriculture ABEOKUTA ? Doesn't count? Never make emphatic statements about stuff you are ignorant about? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

You clearly just want to argue. What seeds are poised to produce the vegetable oil you consume daily? Do you grow groundnuts in the SE or do you have any groundnut mills like are scattered all over the North? I just showed you a list and map of the sugar factories in Nigeria yet you still talk about phantom foreign investors?

You don't have to agree with me, you just look silly arguing with facts which was why I responded in the first place.

Believe what you want, Rochas has spoken. Take heed for your own good because the North is already pursuing self sufficiency. Goodbye.
what abt the IDP Camps? Why don't you take ur Northern Food products there? Or are we missing something here.
A country of false propagandas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2016
modath:

What of federal university of Agriculture ABEOKUTA ? Doesn't count? Never make emphatic statements about stuff you are ignorant about? cool
its like you lack mannerz, counter the thread and stop flipfloping on a numerical mistake.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Alphaoscar: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
have you been to Ebonyi state before?
Have you heard about Abia state or the Nsukka area.
Yam is heavily produced mr man.
Keep ur almajiri yam in the north.

Mr man I know what I'm talking about. how many commercial farmers do you have in the SE that produced staple foods like this?

if you talk of rice, Garri, palm oil etc I won't argue with you but talking about Yams, beans, meat ,wheat , potato , pepper, tomato and others like are just forget it.

What you produce in the East can not feed 30% of your population.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by QuotaSystem: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
what abt the IDP Camps? Why don't you take ur Northern Food products there? Or are we missing something here.
A country of false propagandas.

And why were your starving ancestors not fed your yams, rice, fruits and palm oil during the food blockade while the biafran war persisted? Why did millions of them have to die of malnutrition, hunger and starvation?

Simple. Because farming and other agricultural activities cannot continue during a war (which is why I pity those calling for war today) and that is the lot of the unfortunate IDPS. It's on the other side of the same North that tomatoes are produced in excess to the point where they rot.

You have been corrected, tutored and owned on your own thread. Shame.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2016
Alphaoscar:

What you produce in the East can not feed 30% of your population.
what a treason statement!
Igbos love soup, it makes up 60% of our Meal timetable.
The vegetables used in soup cooking are homegrown.
We grow our yams, cocoyam, Ukwa (breadfruit).
Beef? Keep ur cows, we have commercial goat, pig, snail, turkey, poultry etc rearerz in the south east.
What of Rice? We consume either Abakiliki, Anambra or Abia rice or A Foreign Thailand imported rice.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by modath(f): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
its like you lack mannerz, counter the thread and stop flipfloping on a numerical mistake.

Counter which thread? Very funny!! angry You think I debate issues merely for the sake of being disagreeable, nah, not my style....

You see the problem with you lots that make it so hard to extend any goodwill in your direction? You not only lack breeding, you lack knowledge and get antsy when people want to help fill in the gaping holes!

You didn't make a numerical error (someone corrected you earlier) , you honestly didn't know but face saving/ pride is more important... no one is the reservoir of knowledge!!

You made an emphatic statement that isn't so & I corrected you!! I should have left you to your ignorance... BYE!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by jelel6: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Good points...Aside from few food items, d north really doesn't have anything to offer. Most of the food comes from Benue State.
and benue is in the south east. You smart.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:26am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

And why were your starving ancestors not fed your yams, rice, fruits and palm oil during the food blockade while the biafran war persisted? Why did millions of them have to die of malnutrition, hunger and starvation?

Simple. Because farming and other agricultural activities cannot continue during a war (which is why I pity those calling for war today) and that is the lot of the unfortunate IDPS. It's on the other side of the same North that tomatoes are produced in excess to the point where they rot.

You have been corrected, tutored and owned on your own thread. Shame.
why are you getting emotional? Did I hit a nerve?
Is there any war in the North East? So why is ur Northern food products not heading to the IDPs?
During the biafra war, did the FG set up IDPs for Igbos? Did we not bounce back.

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by nicetboy(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:
The South East depends on the North for the following vital food products they consume:

Tomatoes

Pepper

Groundnut oil

Beef

Beans

Onions

Maize/Corn

Sugar

And lots more... Only an inferiority complex ravaged individual will belly ache at these facts.
oga stop lying pls be factual nd empercal. How does south east depends on north 4 maize/corn? I bet you have'nt been to south east b4. South east depends on north 4 groundnut oil, bt do u knw how many trailers load of vegetable 4rm south east that goes to north every day? Let's not talk about palm oil, have you heard about iyo yam cultivates in otuocha and odekpe both in anambra state? Have you been to ose mrkt b4 @ onitsha whre tones of yam and other food stuffs is daily brought in from otuocha and ebonyi? Infat do north know what garri production is or melon,ogbono,ugba,plantain,potato,ukwa? These are foods consume most by eastherners. Next time bro do your research well b4 coming online to vomit wastes from your mouth

3 Likes

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:36am On Sep 01, 2016
jelel6:
and benue is in the south east. You smart.
middle belt is north?

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2016
nicetboy:
oga stop lying pls be factual nd empercal. How does south east depends on north 4 maize/corn? I bet you have'nt been to south east b4. South east depends on north 4 groundnut oil, bt do u knw how many trailers load of vegetable 4rm south east that goes to north every day? Let's not talk about palm oil, have you heard about iyo yam cultivates in otuocha and odekpe both in anambra state? Have you been to ose mrkt b4 @ onitsha whre tones of yam and other food stuffs is daily brought in from otuocha and ebonyi? Infat do north know what garri production is or melon,ogbono,ugba,plantain,potato,ukwa? These are foods consume most by eastherners. Next time bro do your research well b4 coming online to vomit wastes from your mouth
why don't they take their food products to the idp campz?

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by QuotaSystem: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2016
nicetboy:
[s] oga stop lying pls be factual nd empercal. How does south east depends on north 4 maize/corn? I bet you have'nt been to south east b4. South east depends on north 4 groundnut oil, bt do u knw how many trailers load of vegetable 4rm south east that goes to north every day? Let's not talk about palm oil, have you heard about iyo yam cultivates in otuocha and odekpe both in anambra state? Have you been to ose mrkt b4 @ onitsha whre tones of yam and other food stuffs is daily brought in from otuocha and ebonyi? Infat do north know what garri production is or melon,ogbono,ugba,plantain,potato,ukwa? These are foods consume most by eastherners. Next time bro do your research well b4 coming online to vomit wastes from your mouth[/s]
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Abagworo(m): 8:43am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
I stumbled on this thread and was shocked to see the low level of shame that Okorocha has descended.
https://www.nairaland.com/3321439/south-east-must-stop-depending
NOW LET US COMPARE THIS.
Apart from Beans, Onions and Tomato, which Northern Food commodity is consumed by the South East?
- Do you know that majority of palm oil used in the North are from the south east?
Who doesnt know Ebonyi state influence in Agriculture.
Ok let us look at the food stables that Southeastners consume mainly.
1. Rice- we have Rice production in Abakaliki, Abia and Anambra, the rest are imported into the country.
2. Yam- Yam are cultivated in south east, we have a festival to celebrate new yam.
3. Vegetables- Igbos are mainly lovers of vegetables esp. In soup.
Oha, Ugu, Waterleaf, bitterleaf, Achara, Etc are grown and processed in the south east..
4. Garri- Do the north know what is garri production?
Cassava is a major food crop in south east and almost every market in south east have garri that comes from rural areas in south east.
5. Fruits- Every region in the south have fruits in their domain.
Our Udara, Cashew, Mango etc are found in S.E.
6. Other foods like Ukwa(Bread fruit), Cocoyam, Plaintain, Potato etc are produced in the south east.
7. MEAT- We are ok without their cow, we have goats, sheep, pig and chicken being reared in the South East.
8. Maize- We grow our maize in our farm and consume from it.
OH MR. Okorocha, what a mess you have made of yourself.
There are three federal universities of Agriculture in Nigeria, one in Markudi, Abeokuta and the other in Mouau Umudike, Abia state.
- National Root crop research institute has two headquaterz in Nigeria, One in kogi, the other in Abia state.
- I have lost every atom of respect I have for this Okorocha of a man.
What a shame!
...>
I don't deny the fact that North lead in Agriculture.
But South East don't depend wholly on the north for food.
Our food import from the North makeup just 10% of our food consumption, the remainin 90% are homegrown in the south east.

why did you edit it to remove the south east?
Like I said b4, yes the North lead in Agriculture but what the food that South East people consume daily are Home grown.
In our Soups, do the North grow our vegetables? Our garri? Rice? Palm oil? Plaintain? Yam? Cocoyam? Etc NO.
Groundnut oil in the South East are mainly produced by chikason in Anambra.
who doesn't know life vegetable oil in SE region.

You know little about our food consumption hence your outburst. The truth is that we need to prioritize agriculture both on large scale and individual basis. Okorocha committed no sin by saying we should concentrate on agriculture to outpace the North.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by QuotaSystem: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2016
Udmaster:
why are you getting emotional? Did I hit a nerve?
Is there any war in the North East? So why is ur Northern food products not heading to the IDPs?
During the biafra war, did the FG set up IDPs for Igbos? Did we not bounce back.

No. The war against BH was fought in the SE.

Tell me why eastern food products were not taken to biafrans dying of starvation and you have your answer.

The East depends on the North for supply of your most vital food items. QED.

You can go on a food strike to protest if you hate the fact.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Udmaster(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2016
Abagworo:

You know little about our food consumption hence your outburst. The truth is that we need to prioritize agriculture both on large scale and individual basis. Okorocha committed no sin by saying we should concentrate on agriculture to outpace the North.
Am i suprised? I know that you will jump in and defend his ass.
Maybe ur imo state are not Good in agriculture but Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra have very fertile land and are good in agriculture.
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by redcap: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Tell me why eastern food products were not taken to biafrans dying of starvation and you have your answer.

You supply to SE because that's where you get full value for ur produce,why not supply to IDPs and save them from hunger.We'll certainly go into mass production of food when it becomes extremely necessary. You people should be pleased you have a loyal customers to always buy off ur excess produce,I spent close to two million naira just last year rewarding all my loyal customers and some of them are from the north.How much have you guy spent to reward us for buying your useless food when Cameroon is by the corner.lubbbishhh.

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2016
superstarDikk:
nne biko be specific and certain............. The north, when it comes to food has everything to offer. Rochas was right but u will not see it. How many people r farmers in the east n what exactly do they produce?.......... U r claiming of having yams when more than 90percent of d yam u consume is from Benue n Jos....a single state in the north has more agricultural produce than the whole of southeast combined. So yea, they have errrtin offer

I would love to engage you on this but first let me ask you, which part of the country do you reside ?

While at that I want you to think along this line, majority of the SEners dwell in the SE. And by Nigerian population census, majority of Nigerians live in the rural area, hence, the majority of the SEners in SE live in the rural area.

In additional, bulk of Nigeria agriculture production comes from subsistenence farming,hence, the bulk of rural dwellers fall into this category.

Furthermore, the staple food in Nigeria is garri, and aside from garri the common staple food in the SE are akpu (from cassava), rice (local production can not meet demand in Nigeria,hence,the need for importation), yam(mainly from middle belt),okpa , ukwa, akidi etc

In terms of ingredients found in everyday meal of the people of SEners that the majority of the rural dwellers come in contact on everyday basis, palm oil, salt (Eboyi has enough reserve), meat (we all know that is mainly for the working class. The locals hunt their meat except during festive period. Like most villages in Nigeria, almost all household in my village rear goats and fowls for personal consumption), vegetables (ugu,ora, bitter leaf etc are all from the SE), fruits (I am sure you are aware that most rural areas in Enugu are littered with cashew and other fruits during havest season?)

The reason for the above four paragraphs is for you to open your mind and considered that maybe Rochas assertion may not be entirely correct. And that the majority of Nigerian population that resides in rural area and with access to farm land , to a large extent can afford to forgo the luxury of meat, onion and like my grandma grow their own ose Nsukka at their farm along with their cassava etc
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Dainfamous: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

so why can't you lot supply those malnourish children in IDP camps why waiting for foreign donors?
You even hijacked food supplies heading IDP camp because you don't have enough to eat
Re: A Reply To Rochas Okorocha On "South East Food Dependency On North." by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2016
Abagworo:

He listed out the major food items if you think he is wrong for each of the food items he listed say why you think he was wrong rather than attacking him.

We are all here to learn, so am waiting for your insights.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Atiku Campaign Manager And Buhari Campaign Manager On Channel Tv / Bola Tinubu And Pablo Escobar Striking Similarities / Breakdown Of The APC Delegates Votes By States And Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.