Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,973 members, 7,838,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? (556 Views)

What Is The Best Thing A Girl Can Give To His Bf To Prove Her Love For Him ? / "I Met My Husband-To-Be Out Of Boredom";Excited Lady Shares Her Love Story. PICS / My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2016
Dear Bella,

My mother-inlaw isn’t given me any joy at all, if not that she's my husband’s mother; heaven knows I wouldn’t be this nice to her, but what do I do? My husband seems oblivious of the fact that she’s making me hypertensive, nothing I do impresses her, she waits for my husband to go to work and then she unleashes hell on me.

She’s always claimed I never loved her son, I married him for his money, she’s gone as far as carrying out DNA tests on my kids without my knowledge, when I found out I was mad but my husband said he did it just to please her.

Sometimes when I cook she complains all through the meal, saying it’s very tasteless and she doesn’t know what my husband saw in me. I even named one of our kids after her just to please her, she said it’s the ugly one amongst them I named after her, so I’m telling her indirectly that she’s ugly.

Everyday my life is a hell, she lives with us, I can’t tell my husband to let her go stay with his other siblings because he would have none of it, he’s her favorite. My life has been hell for years, I dare not buy new clothes she will conclude I have financially ruined her son, when he bought me a car she didn’t rest until I begged my husband to get her another car, she has 2 already.

How do I make this woman love me, she’s been this way with me for five years, how do I convince her I love her and her son, my mum says give her time but its five frigging years, my husband says I should be patient with her but he doesn’t know the shouting bout that goes on each time he leaves the house.

Honestly I am tired, I love my husband dearly, he was my first and we dated for a while, but the mum has never liked me from the onset, I thought it would change after marriage but it got worse.

Please what do I do?

Talk2Bella.

Hmmm, your story is very touching as it hit home for me, my own mother went through hell with my father’s people, not just the mother but the hole siblings, her and my father had to be separated for eleven years before they got back together.

I know firsthand what you’re going through cos I watched how my parent’s marriage crashed because of this “Mother-inlaw syndrome”. I can promise you shouting with her won’t solve your problems; neither will keeping malice with her.

The secret to this type of people is unconditioned lover and less worry on your part, when she shouts at you, ignore don’t say a word, let her words fall on you like when you pour water on a stone, it doesn’t penetrate it just washes over, be extremely nice to her, treat her with the same love you have for your mother.

For five years you have been exchanging words with her, as from now henceforth don’t, when she says something hurtful, smile at her and tell her Jesus loves her, when she gets physical surrender yourself, don’t give her an excuse to escalate things.

If you’re close to any of your husband’s siblings talk to them also, lay your worries at their feet, but don’t say it in a hateful way, say it in a way it would seem you’re worried about your mother-inlaw, when she complains about your food ask her what you can do to improve your cooking.

Trust me, with prayers and love all things are possible, don’t complain to your husband anymore, he’s a momma’s boy he’d definitely keep supporting the mother, just lover both of them equally and unconditionally, since you didn’t mention your father inlaw I will assume he’s no more in the picture, so your husband is her own husband right now.

Love is all we need in this world, shower your mother-inlaw with so much love that she’d probably choke on it and breaks down one day to tell you why she’s never loved you.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/09/my-mother-inlaw-gives-me-hell-how-do-i.html
Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by dharay99: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2016
According to your first paragraph, seems
You live under the same roof with your so called
mother in-law which is a bad bad bad approach...
& again, this woman never liked you from the beginning & you still went ahead to marry the son hoping whatt? #sighs...i suppose slap you for this.

Trying to please someone for 5 years? please cut the crap, ignore the woman to the fullest. let her know you don't bloody care anymore about the tantrums she's been throwing at you. Make her get tired by overlooking her crap & see her as nothing...

1 Like

Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by rawpadgin(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2016
dear Bella right?
Oya, Bella should come & answer ya question
Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by obiorathesubtle: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2016
Throw that monster-in-law out of that house abeg
Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2016
rawpadgin:
dear Bella right?

Oya, Bella should come & answer ya question

when I got her mail this morning, I had several flashback, my mum went thru hell and my dad was just too genle
Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Throw that monster-in-law out of that house abeg

what about her husband? should she throw him out also?
Re: My Mother-inlaw Gives Me Hell, How Do I Make Her Love Me? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2016
dharay99:
According to your first paragraph, seems
You live under the same roof with your so called
mother in-law which is a bad bad bad approach...
& again, this woman never liked you from the beginning & you still went ahead to marry the son hoping whatt? #sighs...i suppose slap you for this.

Trying to please someone for 5 years? please cut the crap, ignore the woman to the fullest. let her know you don't bloody care anymore about the tantrums she's been throwing at you. Make her get tired by overlooking her crap & see her as nothing...

exactly, let her ignore and love her till she chokes on it

(1) (Reply)

Nagging, Being Clingy… 7 Ways Women Push Men Away / Again For The Records- 5 / This Sister Needs Your Advice.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.