Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? (2119 Views)

The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
What is the best evidence/argument for intelligent design? Does the universe and life show signs of being intentionally designed?
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by orisa37: 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Intelligent Design, Yes. Intentionally designed? For what purpose? This is why There's God and every thing is created for His Pleasure. His Blue Print is with Him in His Sphere. His Programs, we now know very well. He created the Garden, fixed in Adam and Eve. They and their generation sinned and died. He has "A Redemption Program" in the Plan so He sent The Way, The Truth and The Life, His Son Jesus to bring us home. And to prove the Nigerian saying, "East or West, Home is the Best". Heaven is Home for those who adhere strictly to the Character of Christ. God is The Intelligence Supreme Spirit. This is His Plan, Purpose, Intentions and Programs for Heaven and the Earth. God is still on this and will continue His work until He commands The Task Master to stop firing, remove The Cherub, shortens The Distance between Heaven and the Earth and makes both very easily accessible. Happy New Month!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by tempem: 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nice thread!! kiss kiss

They are countless bro..( Honest scientists knows this)

For me, I'll drop five..

1. The DNA( An *engineering feat*)
2. The Natural cycles for life..
i. The water cycle.
ii. The carbon and oxygen cycle.
iii. The Nitrogen cycle.
3. Earth's perfect tilt nd spin.
4. Earth's magnetic field.
5. Earth's atmosphere.

Indeed it takes huge leap of faith to believe in Evolution!! cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
I have a question for people marvelling at the things that exist/the supposed 'order' in 'creation', amazed at how everything fits together. If things had been any other way, (provided condotions for humans to live were satisfied) you'd still be alive, and still marvel at things. So what makes THIS particular arrangement so amazing?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
1 Emulation of Nature e.g ant colony algorithm , robotics
2. Cognition , Dexterity , Emotions , Consciousness , Intelligence etc in Humans
3. Victuals to ensure the continuity of life
4 Gender
5. Origin of the Universe
6. Origin of Life
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by tempem: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
2. Cognition , Dexterity , Emotions , Consciousness , Intelligence etc in Humans
4 Gender

*Gender*
That's sure a big light!!
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
tempem:
Nice thread!! kiss kiss

For me, I'll drop five..

i. The water cycle.
iii. The Nitrogen cycle.
5. Earth's atmosphere.

Now i would assume that the OP meant evidences for Intelligent Design as regarding Life, if thats the case, then you havent given a single evidence for that...

DNA- Funny enough, DNA is the evidence for evolution, because we can see changes happening in DNA when it gets replicated which are called mutations and these changes go ahead to affect the form of the organism, so you would have to be specific about how DNA is evidence for intelligent design.

The rest are external factors that has nothing to do with life, they are just geography, and cant be used as reasonable evidence for intelligent design. An evolutionist would say we were tuned by evolution to fit this conditions, so it does nothing significant to uphold your viewpoint.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by tempem: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
donnffd:

Now i would assume that the OP meant evidences for Intelligent Design as regarding Life, if thats the case, then you havent given a single evidence for that...

DNA- Funny enough, DNA is the evidence for evolution, because we can see changes happening in DNA when it gets replicated which are called mutations and these changes go ahead to affect the form of the organism, so you would have to be specific about how DNA is evidence for intelligent design.

The rest are external factors that has nothing to do with life, they are just geography, and cant be used as reasonable evidence for intelligent design. An evolutionist would say we were tuned by evolution to fit this conditions, so it does nothing significant to uphold your viewpoint.

Okay, sir!!

grin grin
Enjoy!!
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
4 Gender

These still doesnt provide concrete evidence for Intelligent design. Just because you dont understand something doesnt mean it is evidence for a designer, please provide evidence that relates to the biological system and systems that affect it to shows in an undeniable way that intelligent design is the way to go and i would off my hat to you.

NB: Many of what you said can have its origins explained by evolution.
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by tempem: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
donnffd:

These still doesnt provide concrete evidence for Intelligent design. Just because you dont understand something doesnt mean it is evidence for a designer, please provide evidence that relates to the biological system and systems that affect it to shows in an undeniable way that intelligent design is the way to go and i would off my hat to you.

Yet?

Thank God I had the best thing done. cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
tempem:

Yet?

Thank God I had the best thing done. cheesy

I am sorry, but i dont get you!
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by tempem: 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2016
donnffd:

I am sorry, but i dont get you!
Really?! shocked shocked
So you don't know everything?
Wow!! wink cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
tempem:

Really?! shocked shocked
So you don't know everything?
Wow!! wink cheesy

Are you a troll or you for real?

When did i say i know everything?
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
donnffd:

Many of what you said can have its origins explained by evolution.

Assumptions can help you explain certain things .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by EyeHateGod: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
grin

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 6:01am On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Assumptions can help you explain certain things .

You spend all your energy attacking evolution...

What is your alternative? How did gender arise? Explain in clear terms, show how you came to this conclusions, and any evidence or experiments to support your theories! Be a real scientist...

Then we can have a conversation, until then stop whining about Evolution...
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by wirinet(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2016
Were the lines in the sand dune below drawn by an intelligent artist or drawn by chance as a result of random blowing of the wind?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2016
donnffd:

Please explain how emotions or feelings came to humans especially embarrassment and frustration .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2016
wirinet:
Were the lines in the sand dune below drawn by an intelligent artist or drawn by chance as a result of random blowing of the wind?

Sand dunes , ice flakes - all these are cavils from the atheists . They hold no water .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please explain how emotions or feelings came to humans especially embarrassment and frustration .

Love : When you're falling in romantic love, there's a cocktail of hormones (dopamine, norepinephrine, phenyethylamine) that rushes through your brain. Brain scans shows that in this state of yours, blood flow increases in the regions where high amounts of dopamine receptors are present. Dopamine is responsible for the feeling of 'bliss' or 'euphoria'. Norepinephrine increases your heart beat and causes excitement. This cocktail elates you, causes sleeplessness and makes you focus on nothing much but your relationship. Serotonin levels get lower and you obsess about your lover. That helps you to get your pair bonding stronger. As love grows older and you have more and more sex, oxytocin is released. Oxytocin together with vasopressin helps in growing attachment, but they interfere with the previous dopamine-norepinephrine pathways and causes the initial euphoria of romantic love to fade away. The oxytocin is associated with mother-infant bonding and the let down reflex for breast feeding. It is also associated with uterine compressions during childbirth.

Fear: When you have a scary stimulus, it first goes to the thalamus (this part of the brain decides where to send incoming sensory signals). The scary stimulus might be a danger or it may not be. But the thalamus doesn't take chances and send the signals both to amygdala and sensory cortex through the low road and high road respectively. The low road takes much lesser time and the amygdala immediately sends the signal to hypothalamus to initiate your Fight-or-Flight response. (Just in case the danger attacks you before the signal completes the high road). On the high road the sensory cortex interprets the signal along with other stimulus that you're having. (What the danger sounds like, looks like, or smells like). The sensory cortex sends it to hippocampus to put the interpreted data in context of your coscious memories and experiences. If it doesn't seem scary, the hippocampus forwards the analysed signal to amygdala that has fear memories. Amygdala then sends a signal to hypothalamus asking it to stop the fear response. The fear response is started by hypothalamus using both neural pathways and bloodstream. Together theses pathways releases more than 30 hormones in the bloodstream that increases, blood pressure, more blood is sent to major muscle groups, muscles are energized and tensed up, pupils dilate to allow more light, non essential functions like digestion is shut down, you become more alert and many more changes that'd help you to fight or flee better.

Anger: Imaging studies have shown that in normal individuals there is increased activity in the orbitofrontal cortex (That is associated with reasoning) as well as blood flow in the amygdala (emotional center) increases. The thoughts in orbifrontal cortex tries to pacify the angry emotions in amygdala. So not every time we get irritated we get into fits of rage. The anger response has similar physical responses (with little differences in degree of amygdala–hypothalamus–periaqueductal gray circuitry activation) of like fear and a lot of the same hormones are at play elevating blood pressure, heart beat, tightening muscles and energizing them. This might cause the person to shake in anger as blood sugar level drops owing to the tremedous energy outbursts.

Note: All these processes also happen in other primates and mammals exactly the same way, even the process for anger is the same for reptiles...
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2016
donnffd:

Note: All these processes also happen in other primates and mammals exactly the same way, even the process for anger is the same for reptiles...

Origin bro not an explanation of what happens . And I was specific - frustration and embarrassment .
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by donnffd(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Origin bro not an explanation of what happens . And I was specific - frustration and embarrassment .

Dude, I have said it before and will say it again, it came about slowly with changes in genetic codes that creates different types of proteins that builds up to a different pathway of chemical processes, thats how everything works in Evolution.

Now the op wasnt about Evolution, the op was about INTELLIGENT DESIGN, so stop asking me questions about Evolution, you are suppose to educate us about how Intelligent Design works, the evidences of it and also its predictions...

I am still waiting...
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by promise10: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
wirinet:
See how you are deluding yourself!

The sand dune was not drawn by RANDOM blowing of the wind but UNIFORM. So wake up!

But, even you question doesn't suit the case, cause THERE WAS A CAUSE which resulted that EFFECT. In other words it DIDN'T come by chance but a RESULT of the uniform blowing of the air. Hope you get that.
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by promise10: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That's how unintelligent they argue!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by felixomor: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
tempem:
Nice thread!! kiss kiss

For me, I'll drop five..

i. The water cycle.
iii. The Nitrogen cycle.
5. Earth's atmosphere.

You couldnt have said it better.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by Emusan(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
I once created a thread and this is what I wrote:

>The earth itself is revolving at a speed of 1000 miles per hour at the equator. If it were to revolve at only 100 miles per hour, night and day would increase ten times in duration, plants would be scorched in the day and seedlings would be frozen to death at night.

>If the atmosphere were thinner than at present, millions of meteors which are burned up in the air would fall to earth and cause terrible fires." {Wu, Questions Concerning the Faith , pp. 5-6. See also Peter D. Ward, Donald Brownlee, Rare Earth, Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe, 2000, p. 163}.

>Liquid water, if it exists elsewhere, is rare. Most of the universe consists of flaming gasses or frozen desolation:

>If earth had just a little more water, continents would not extend above sea level.

>Had there been more CO2 earth would probably have remained to hot to host life, much like Venus.

>The most common stars in galaxy are - fainter than the sun and nearly 100 times more numerous - these are uninhabitable for other reasons. Our star is just OK! {Peter D. Ward, Donald Brownlee, Rare Earth, Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe, 2000, p. 51-54, 270}

>Earth is situated at the right distance from the center of our galaxy. Closer to the center, there are too many deadly gamma rays and X-rays. However, a planet too far out from the center of its galaxy would not have a metal core which produces magnetism which is also helpful in protecting earth from harmful radiation. {PeterD. Ward, Donald Brownlee, Rare Earth, Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe, 2000, p. 28-29}.

>If the moon were closer to the earth the tide would flood all lands even the high mountains. In addition, "Earth's climatic stability is dependent to a large extent on the existence of the Moon." {James Kasting as quoted in Peter D. Ward, Donald Brownlee, Rare Earth, Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe, 2000, p. 266}.

>If the earth were the size of its moon, its gravity would not be strong enough to hold an atmosphere; too large, its gravity would crush us to the ground.

Not only is the proportion of oxygen to the other gasses just right to let us breathe, but also to provide an ozone layer which stops the ultraviolet radiation which would otherwise destroy all life.

>If the ozone layer were too thick, not enough heat would reach the earth, if too thin, ultraviolet rays would penetrate and kill all life.

>If the earth's available oxygen, both in the atmosphere and absorbed in water were much less, animal life on land and in the sea could not exist. If there were much more oxygen, fires would rage out of control.

>While most materials contract when they freeze, water expands by about one-eleventh of its volume. This makes ice float on top of a lake, preventing the lake from freezing all the way through and killing all the fish.

Remember 'natural selection' does not apply here.
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by wirinet(m): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
promise10:

See how you are deluding yourself!

The sand dune was not drawn by RANDOM blowing of the wind but UNIFORM. So wake up!

But, even you question doesn't suit the case, cause THERE WAS A CAUSE which resulted that EFFECT. In other words it DIDN'T come by chance but a RESULT of the uniform blowing of the air. Hope you get that.

Are you listening to yourself? So if sand dunes are not caused by chance, who or what then causes the wind to uniformly blow the sand to draw those beautiful lines.
Desert winds do not blow uniformly, they change direction and intensity randomly and sand dunes follow the direction and patterns of the wind randomly.
Of cause the wind is the cause of the patterns on the sand dunes, and temperature differentials on earth surface and atmosphere is the cause of the wind, and the Sun's energy is the cause of the temperature differentials on the earth, we can go on and on until we can regress no further, but to insist the ultimate cause of the beautiful patterns on a sand dune was designed and drawn by a powerful being as an art work to amuse himself is preposterous.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by raphieMontella: 12:39am On Sep 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

and what u are asking is not exclusive to humans...
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by raphieMontella: 1:22am On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:
grin
bruh..u forgot our tail bone...lol
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
orisa37:

Intelligent Design, Yes. Intentionally designed? For what purpose? This is why There's God and every thing is created for His Pleasure. His Blue Print is with Him in His Sphere. His Programs, we now know very well. He created the Garden, fixed in Adam and Eve. They and their generation sinned and died. He has "A Redemption Program" in the Plan so He sent The Way, The Truth and The Life, His Son Jesus to bring us home. And to prove the Nigerian saying, "East or West, Home is the Best". Heaven is Home for those who adhere strictly to the Character of Christ. God is The Intelligence Supreme Spirit. This is His Plan, Purpose, Intentions and Programs for Heaven and the Earth.

Good job. It is true that heaven is home but this heaven will be coming down to earth. Don't you think?

orisa37:

God is still on this and will continue His work until He commands The Task Master to stop firing, remove The Cherub, shortens The Distance between Heaven and the Earth and makes both very easily accessible. Happy New Month!!!!

Do you mean God is still working on the new heaven and the new earth? Where are the Cherubs, did you say between heaven and earth? Can you throw more light into this please? cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
.. Prove for Intelligent Design

Abeg I no wan laff
Re: What Is The Best Evidence/Argument For Intelligent Design? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
SirWere:

.. Prove for Intelligent Design

Abeg I no wan laff

Is your brain intelligently designed? undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Spread Woman Legs, Removes Her Underwear During Prayers / What Can God Not Do? / Muslim Lady Healed By Jesus (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.