Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. (17980 Views)

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records / Nigerian Policeman Vows To Quit After Experiencing Extortion By His Colleague / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ibroh22(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by zubycharles(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
Biko...
Keep d evidence of d threat.....file a report on him.... Then rush qo mountain of fire church and qiv him some fire burning prayers ....
.HABA!!!! FOR diz Buhari tym dah sme1 is threatening you??
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Boy...i still stand by my first response to you, you sound like a teenager. Who knows u might even be a teenager. You need to grow up. Okaay. You said you have been a manager for the past seven years and i wonder how old you were then. I guess u were managing ur mums shop. Nonsense. Even if you an adult and you behave lie this, only God knows how ur children will be.

Mr. Counselor, I stand by my first statement that he is not a worthy manager.

I hate mediocrity and I can't pretend otherwise.

If you find my statement of fact rude for yourself and the OP, na your wahala.

As per the emboldened, it might interest you to know I've been a manager for the past seven years in my field.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin[/quote]
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

I'm surprised that the police were not involved in the first instance
He only got the sack hence he still has mouth to threaten you
If he were to be in Kirikiri or in EFCC custody where he belongs, he wont even have your time

Anyway do go to the police with your evidence. Thats the first thing that you should have done.
Have you also alerted your superiors to these threats?
You need to do that too
Most importantly get close to God
Only He can see you through

BTW has your bank refunded the customers who lost out
cos I know banks are very good at making the customer suffer for the ills of its staff

4 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by electrokcoi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
return the treat back to him, but only if you get mind o

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
Boy...i still stand by my first response to you, you sound like a teenager. Who knows u might even be a teenager. You need to grow up. Okaay. You said you have been a manager for the past seven years and i wonder how old you were then. I guess u were managing ur mums shop. Nonsense. Even if you an adult and you behave like this, only God knows how ur children will be.

Mr. Counselor, I stand by my first statement that he is not a worthy manager.

I hate mediocrity and I can't pretend otherwise.

If you find my statement of fact rude for yourself and the OP, na your wahala.

As per the emboldened, it might interest you to know I've been a manager for the past seven years in my field.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin[/quote]
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by airlord2020: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
All i can tell you is to watch your back. A frustrated man is too dangerous especially now that he sees you as the source of his problems. Report to the police and get undertaking. This is to save your neck but if he is the type that is no more interested in life then you have a bigger issue because he may not care if he is caught after harming you which renders undertaking useless. He may even be the type that gets involved in voodoo too. All thesame watch your back. Goodluck undecided

udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Chuksemi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
The higher you climb, the tougher it becomes.
Go to the police or my blog.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by sauceEEP(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
steppin:
Smh...Bank manager get time to dey ask silly question for Nairaland. Abeg, which community bank you dey manage?
MMM esusu community Bank
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by dwen: 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

You must have gotten to that managerial post through the back door.

Your English is so poor.

Your thought process is so weak.

You don't even know how to quote a post properly; I had to work hard to be able to quote you somehow.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? SOME TOPICS ARE NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN LIKE YOU TO COMMENT. "will you go in and read your book!!!.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by SmathGate(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.
i cant place it, if you can be the Manager of a BANK and you don't know what to do when ur life is being theatened even Baba Alajo shomolu would know what to do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by slizylindy: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
DropShot:

What's your business in this?
I can choose to correct anyone's English as and when I feel doing it; especially an obviously incompetent childish manager who can't accept he goofed by not knowing what to do with a former colleague threatening him.

Oga, your own sef is too much. I'm beginning to think you are truly a teenager in search of where to make trouble...haba!

Even your English get K-leg

TEENAGER!!!

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Olayinka777(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Typo!! Dont correct someone's level of the English language in a hurry, I know u can do more better dan dis, wen not in a hurry:
"More better is a very bad english" Simply say BETTER

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by BABANGBALI: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.
God bless you. I feel like slapping the guy.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by dwen: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Your English is so poor.

You don't even know how to quote a post properly; I had to work hard to be able to quote you somehow.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? SOME TOPICS ARE NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN LIKE YOU TO COMMENT."WILL YOU GO IN AND READ YOUR BOOK!!!"
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
What do i do?

@op the last time my friend threatened me i almost died,dont take it likely he has just become your guardian,the same evidence you tender to the bank along with the SMS discuss with your higher ups in the institution if nothing is done straight to a lawyer to get the best advice on what to do,it won't cost much for the value of your life,plus pls never take a serious threat playfully.Pls

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by rita25(f): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
STAY THERE AND BE POSTING YOUR FEAR FEAR TAUGHTS ON NAIRALAND TILL U BECOME DEAD MEAT......NO GO POLICE AND CHURCH
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ceejay80s(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Your English is so poor.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.

how perfect are u? why humiliate him that way?

EINSTEIN, wetin u be sef? continue dey vomit

1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by louqas: 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Perhaps you have a log of wood in your eyes not to see his reply to my first post.

This guy is an incompetent manager if he doesn't know he needs to approach the police with the evidence with him.

Even though I know there are many lazy kids on NL, it's disgusting to read that a "manager" doesn't know what to do in his situation.

Manager indeed! grin grin grin

And a bank manager for that matter.
I agree with you the OP sounded like the subordinate instead of the superior

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by odimbannamdi(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
What do i do?

Hello sir.

You actually came under constant threat the very day you became a manager, so this shouldn't be new to you.

However, dont treat any threat to your life with kids gloves. Get the guy arrested and made to sign an undertaken with a surety.

Next, beef up your security. Avoid lonely places and night movements. Be alert.

As long as you did what you did without a personal vandetta and in accordance with laid down principles, God will preserve you.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Abugab(m): 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Police action fast.......
Imagine how he is diverting poor depositors money for personal use when he earns salary?

Imagine the nicompoo calling someone evil when he is the devil?
Get him arrested and tender the sms as evidence in court.
Nonsense....

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by chiefojiji(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
[size=14pt]report him to God before he report you to the devil[/size]
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Fedayeen02: 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
delishpot:

You still have no right to speak to him the way you first did. You threw the first stone. Why does it pain you that he is a manager? He only said you spoke like a teenager. That isn't an insult that is fact. Your first post was rude. Even your response to mine was rude too. Its a shame you are not even fit to be an employee going by your attitude talk less of leading a team. Change for the better dear. At a certain age, people drop these childish insults and exchange of words. If you have passed your teen age years, then I suggest you do so.
You can make your point known in a more mature manner
that dropshot aka passingshot will be 37 on September 15. We are used to it here so we are happy he is exhibiting it in public and good spirited people like you can advise him

4 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by fergieboy: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nawa

You terminated someone job cox of paltry 1m... This should have being resolve among yourself and the branch
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by slizylindy: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Fedayeen02:
that dropshot aka passingshot will be 37 on September 15. We are used to it here so we are happy he is exhibiting it in public and good spirited people like you can advise him

Jeezzz...this is the best quote i have read so far. A very friendly and polite way of point out one's weakness grin. Only if Dropshot will be wise at 37 cry.
#shakes head and walks away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by sevantex(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
fergieboy:
Nawa

You terminated someone job cox of paltry 1m... This should have being resolve among yourself and the branch
If it was your 1million that was cornered for personal use instead of it lying safe in the bank and you found out, will you go to bank and smile at the manager?? He committed fraud and should have been arrested.
Op pls report the case to the police and be more security conscious. Desperate and psychotic ppl tend to do wierd things. Stay safe and welldone on your job. God guide us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Katyusha(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
What do i do?
Men of nowadays...no balls. A fellow guy threatened you and you are scampering for dear life gringrin....Use SARS on him. One week in detention, he will mellow down.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by amuokuko: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
What do i do?

Sure this staff is Maurice
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
Sheww, someone typing out of fear should spell correctly.

I AM SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A JOB.

SOUND LIKE YOU ARE REPLYING FROM A CYBER CAFE.
DropShot:

Your English is so poor.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by fergieboy: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
sevantex:

If it was your 1million that was cornered for personal use instead of it lying safe in the bank and you found out, will you go to bank and smile at the manager?? He committed fraud and should have been arrested.
Op pls report the case to the police and be more security conscious. Desperate and psychotic ppl tend to do wierd things. Stay safe and welldone on your job. God guide us all.

The Money could have being deducted from his salary if found guilty .. Shekina
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by mrjay04: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
oga manager, pls am looking for Job bsc business administration 2:1. the hustle is really...I can be reached misterjaystar@Gmail.com. God bless
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by An0nimus: 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
1acre:
Sheww, someone typing out of fear should spell correctly.

I AM SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A JOB.

SOUND LIKE YOU ARE REPLYING FROM A CYBER CAFE.

If only some of you guys know the people you insult on NL in real life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture / Varying Salaries In Different Fields / Nutritionist/dietitians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.