Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Two Years To Thirty(short Story) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) (172147 Views)

It Took Me Three Years To Publish My Debut Novel — Yejide Kilanko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mhiztee: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
your update today was cool ....should we be expecting more this night
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
hope Ego is not in trouble now...
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by bossy512(f): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
wow nice one, more wisdom and knowledge. I enjoy Yinka most, am waiting for what will become Ife, and may b she is going to get belle Hmmmm. God bless sis and good night
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mizhanny(f): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ride on bae
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by callmeomotee33(f): 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Yinka is jealous oooo....thanks for the update dear, waiting for more
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by dannybomb(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
love ur story, d story lines were off d hook. and how u describe the characters were perfect. ife is behaving like a child, she better grow. a guy sponsoring her brothers education and taking care of her family no b beans. she should go back to her husband, and yomi if I catch u ehh behave urself. thanks angel
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by lahrra(f): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for the update. I really enjoy the story from the beginning till the least, you are such a great writer, the sky is your starting point dear. Once again thank you very much for keeping us well entertained.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by charytea(f): 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sweet! Yinka loves Ego o, chai! for a man to mention a woman's name after love making..... Hmmm
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Amnik: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
i hope ife wn't tie yinka down wit one fake pregnancy o

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by rachealfst(f): 2:10am On Sep 23, 2016
Nice one, thanks Angelsss
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Chicent(m): 2:37am On Sep 23, 2016
I see Ife doing something stupid to make sure Ego doesnt have her Yinka.

So angelsss give her one scandal so she can be gone for a long while......U kw maybe 'she gets caught in the lions net' dats a good scandal i guess.

Please nothing should happen to sweet Ego ooooo.she is the peoples pride. AND

You backed out on a DEAL.....wow!!!. Well its all good.
U are Good Angelsss keep it up and coming.

STILL I READ.........................................
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by anyamterzagwa(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2016
" Then in that moment, where lovers became one"That statement dragged me outta my shell.Big ups!!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by horsesailor1(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2016
Well done dear you are really an angel your work speaks volume. Thanks a lot for the updates. I suspect Yomi was trying to set his friend(Yinka) up in other to discourage him from illicit affairs he is having with a married woman(Ife) by making him feel jealous. Its just natural for any human to feel jealous if truely you love someone and you perceive potential rival. Jealous is part of love only that it should not be vicious.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kayceerilyn(f): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Angel dearie... Good morning and weldone.. Dont back outta the deal yet na biko.... Waiting for an update
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kejibabe(f): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2016
nice one Angelsss, keep it up
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Chicent:
I see Ife doing something stupid to make sure Ego doesnt have her Yinka.

So angelsss give her one scandal so she can be gone for a long while......U kw maybe 'she gets caught in the lions net' dats a good scandal i guess.

Please nothing should happen to sweet Ego ooooo.she is the peoples pride. AND

You backed out on a DEAL.....wow!!!. Well its all good.
U are Good Angelsss keep it up and coming.

STILL I READ.........................................
I guess am seeing the same here but if the Lion see to her matter ehn, she don enta one chance niyen ooooo

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by princessadeola(f): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2016
well done ma'am. more wisdom
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kemitola2001(f): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
U sure know how to turn a bad day to a good one with your stories. U can imagine going to bed smiling and thinking of what would happen in my dreams.

Bring it on gurl!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by MizXplendour(f): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
Next plzzZZZZZ zzzzzzzxzzxz embarassed embarassed
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by CuteChiluv: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
My lovely and awesome writter angel with the triple s, i know i have missed alot on this thread , but i can see you are doing a good job , will continue reading from where i stopped, wel done dear
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by edimahgurl(f): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
I love you so much baby buh aint a lez oooooo...ya story makes ma day complete..kip it on boo
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Chicent(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2016
Are we there yet angelsss..... Happy weekend to you.....
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Maltaleeza(f): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2016
Confession time. I've been a ghost reader since the beginning of the story.... Angelsss, nice story u've got. Keep it up.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kaecyy(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2016
U doing a good jab angelsss. Well done.

BTW, 30 comments, haba, its not fair o angry .

Happy weekend everyone.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Iamabraham(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nice story here...

Ife will lose on two fronts...her hubby and her boyfriend.

I will not be surprised if Ife had gone ahead to bribe the doc and falsify the result of their tests.

I also forsee Moji taking in for her sister's hubby. She will try to abort it but she'll be prevented. Boma's Mother will do the mediating job between her son and Moji.

The Lion will soon find out about Ife and Yinka...

Lemme keep quiet now and see how this unfolds...

Nice work here Angelsss
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by gal10(f): 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lovely read..worth my time..Yinka don enter gobe?
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by stardomberry: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
I forsee ife getting preggy for yinka even tho he meant come hating re with every fibre of is life, also I see d disowned cousin of yinka coming back nd telling yinka d truth about ife.. I just pray yomi does not eventually fall in love with Ego..? I don't no were to place mimi yet. if yomi does not fall in love with Ego den it will be tessy. I am keeping my fingers cross..
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Twinkle004(f): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Angelsss:
na wa o...jus 30. comments took a whole day and some of u dey complain join...
no wahala na...I no need again...make una keep am...I dey over beg for comments which is so wrong...
cos if you genuinely enjoy the story, I shouldn't cajole you for comments...

I guess I have to work harder....
and biko no more pressure on Angelsss

please if you are from Edo... don't ignore one of my posts earlier

HAPPY READING Y'ALL
Angelss don't mind us jare.we don't knw dat u are jagaban in story writing.....
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Mensah2013(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Babe nice job here, buh make our wkend worthwhile with triple update... Biko!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Adamsee: 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
Angelsss:
Egodiamaka followed her friend closely as they arrived the building which was located in the deepest part of town….

‘Mimi remind me again how you came across this church’? Ego tried keeping up with her friend’s pace….where was Imaobong rushing to?

‘hey don’t be pessimistic now….be focused, we’re about to see the lord’ Ima winked and increased her pace….

‘have you ever been in love before’? Ego decided to change the topic as they neared the building….

‘love? No….what’s that’? Imaobong stopped and watched her friend closely….

‘but you just told me you got engaged to some Bruce guy today…aren’t you in love with him’? Ego rolled her eyes….what sort of girl was this?

‘uhmmm….i believe in love no doubt….but babe…money is top priority on my list…if you no get bar …I no fit marry you’ she hissed

‘wait…is this question actually coming from my ‘born again’ sister?’ she looked Egodiamaka over….this was not her …

‘hey don’t call me that….i just asked an innocent question alright’? Ego playfully poked Imaobong…

‘wow….is this girl in love? Oya, fill me in….tell me about this guy’ Ima poked her head sidewards ready for the gist….

‘I don’t know if it’s love….but I keep thinking about this guy…for all I know it could be a crush or infatuation….’ Ego started….

‘Crush gini? At your age? Babe a twenty eight years old lady no fit crush o…ah…you need to fall in love sharpenly…so that you tie that guy down…’ Ima was amused but she held herself from laughing at her naïve friend….

‘i was home on Sunday then I heard a woman screaming and I rushed to help her…she’d just been shot by some robbers who snatched her car….i helped her to the hospital…..then I saw him….’ She pressed her hands to her chest again….

She didn’t understand why she felt that way…she couldn’t think about anything else…he occupied her thoughts….Yinka was a lovely distraction….

‘you saw him? Who’? Ima cut in

‘Yinka Oluwatosin….the son of the woman I rescued…he’s very handsome and well mannered…I can’t seem to think of anything else’ she exhaled deeply and smiled….

‘Yinka Oluwatosin? That name rings a bell….reminds me of one of my rich ex boyfriends….’ Ima tried placing the name….

‘yes…from the way they were dressed…I think they are well to do’….Ego concurred…

‘then you my friend is in love….please find this guy and hold him tight…okay? Now let’s go inside the church…’ she pulled her friend gently…

‘Mimi.....you’re just saying that because I told you he could be a rich guy right? Do you have a thing against broke guys?’ her friend never ceased to amaze her….

‘sure….poverty is a sin….’ Ima smiled in a cheeky manner and they both entered the church….

…………………………………..
‘I don’t feel comfortable in this place’ Egodiamaka whispered to Imaobong….

The building had no semblance to a church….the prophets wore red colored robes and tied yellow belts on their waste….

Though the pictures of Mary and her son graced their walls….the carvings on the altar where the chief prophet stood terrified her….

‘please am concentrating…don’t disturb’ Ima pressed her fingers lightly on her lips and focused on the prophets….

‘christ help me…’ Ego suddenly regretted why she’d followed her friend to such a place….what annoyed her was the way the prophets jumped and rang a noisy bell as a sign that the spirit of god had descended….

‘ewo! That yellow skinned lady rush forward….be fast about it…’ the chief prophet pointed at Ego….

She was hesitant at first….but one look at Imaobong’s tight face told her to move forward and she wasted no time….

‘god of heaven and earth come down and manifest your power’ one of the prophets began to sing….

‘come nearer young woman’ the chief prophet raised his hands and the song was brought to an end….

‘do you know you have marine spirit?’ he asked Ego…
While his eyes raked her body carelessly and for a moment Ego thought she saw him licking his lips….

‘no sir…’ she bowed her head as the man reeked of alcohol…what on earth had she gotten herself into?

‘you have mami wata spirit for your body….you need deliverance quick quick or you no go ever marry…you get?’ the man focused on her breast….

‘yes sir’ she nodded and wondered why he stared at her that way…

‘you need to be delivered if you must to marry or bear pikin dem for your future husband…..’

‘yes sir….’ ….

‘who bring this woman com here’? he faced the congregation…..

‘na me prophet….’ Imaobong rushed forward and knelt down….

‘god bless you my child….get up’ he patted her back….

‘for your friend’s total deliverance, she must come with the following items nextweek Monday….
A white he-goat, a stick of dried fish, five tubers of yam, red oil and a sum of twenty thousand naira….’ The prophet listed more items….

‘my god what have I gotten myself into’? Ego burned silently…she’d refused to listen to her instincts….

‘yes prophet….she would do as you’ve said’ Imaobong nodded ….

‘so my child ….follow me to the inner chambers…let me say a prayer for you…’ he signaled the other prophets to take over….

‘go with him….’ Imaobong pushed her…..

‘let me get my back sir….’ Ego replied and rushed to get her bag and herself out of this horrible place….for all she knew that man could be a rapist….

‘okay bring her to the prayer chambers when she’s ready’ the prophet instructed Imaobong and walked out ….

Without wasting any time, Egodiamka picked her bag and walked out briskly…without looking back….thankfully she saw a cab that was going back to town….

Imaobong had a lot of explaining to do whenever she returned for her ‘church’.

If only good men came her way…she would’ve been married with her own children…she hated herself for appearing so desperate….
‘god help me’ she whispered….

‘I really enjoyed that’ she pressed her lips to his and they both dressed up….they’d exhausted close to an hour making love to each other….

Yinka smiled and pressed her soft cheeks gently…her face glowed like that of a jewel, content with his lovemaking….

‘I enjoyed it too….’ He winked and pulled her closer to him….

‘you’re my angel Ife….i don’t know what I’ll do without you….’ His voice was husky with emotion….no other woman could love him the way she did….

‘awwww baby…you are the only man that makes my heart beat….’ She wrapped her hands over him….if only she hadn’t made that mistake…they would’ve been together now….

‘let’s eat out….’ He pulled her closer to him….he’d been working since morning and he needed to eat….

‘are you asking me on a date darling…’? she whispered into his ears and bit him gently….

‘I think we should go now or I may change my mind….’ His hands caressed her back….

‘but it’s risky….what if someone sees us or the worst case scenario …like if we bump into Boma….’ She feared the worst….

‘well we could always tell him we’re lovers’ Yinka placed her on his laps and held her like a baby….truly, he was very romantic….

‘stop Yinka…be serious…’ he noticed she didn’t mention the divorce again and his heart sank…he wished she could be free of Boma and be his’ forever ….

‘okay…we would wear shades so nobody would see us…’ he played with her hair…

‘that’s sweet…luckily I came with mine…Boma bought them for me when he travelled to Milan…’ she bit her lip…regretting immediately why she mentioned her husband….

‘okay…that’s nice…let’s go….’ Yinka felt hurt by her words….but what could he do? He was her husband….

‘so where would we eat’? she noticed the change in him….

‘somewhere downtown’ he replied ….

…………………………………………………………….

‘I’ll be stopping here….Ejoro Junction….’ Ego informed the cab driver….

‘okay ma…make I clear well…..’he pulled the car over….

‘how much be your money?’ she replied in pidgin?

‘give me Two hundred naira….’ He replied….

‘okay….good enough’ she unzipped her bag ….but was shocked to see an empty purse?.....no, she’d withdrawn some money earlier from the bank about twenty thousand naira….

‘madam hurry up….i need to carry other passengers….’ The driver was getting impatient….

‘oga abeg level down….e be like say I don lose my money….’ She began to sweat on her brows….that was what happened anytime she felt nervous….

‘abegi search well…take time’ the man looked at her suspiciously….was she trying to play smart? He knew her type….

‘oga abeg pity me….i can’t find my money….’ Ego was tired of searching her bag….she had to beg the driver…

‘madam I no understand you at all…you feel say you dey smart? You wan do me 419 abi? Abeg give me my money before I land you slap….’ The man had raised his voice and other drivers walked closer to where she stood….she’d never felt so embarrassed in her life….

‘wetin this fyn girl do you’? one of the men asked…

‘she na thief…she enter motor all the way …now she no wan pay….’ Before Ego could save herself …his hand landed on her cheeks and she felt the sting of his rough palms….

She felt like crying but she held herself….she had to be strong as always….

There was commotion as the drivers began cursing each other and calling each other names…..

…………………………………………………

‘Yinka talk to me….am sorry…’ Ife felt horrible…he’d ignored her throughout the ride….she shouldn’t have mentioned Boma’s name ….

‘am fine Ife…am just hurt about so many things….if only you told me earlier that Dami forced himself on you, I would’ve spoken to my mother and there’s no way we wouldn’t have been married…I guess you didn’t trust me enough with the truth….’

‘I already said am sorry…..now you’re turning this on me? Aren’t you?’ she felt anger rise in her veins…

‘hey let’s not go there….i don’t want us to fight…’ he branched into Ejoro road and saw a crowd gathering…what was going on here?

‘maybe there’s an accident….’ Ife tried to see past the crowd….

‘yea I guess’ he glanced once more….he was about to look away when he saw her ……the woman that had saved his mother’s life….what was she doing here? in this kind of place?

‘what are you doing Yinka’? Ife wondered why he’d pulled over….

‘am coming…I think I know her’….he answered and rushed out of the car….

‘who?’ Ife peered out and saw a lightskinned woman in the middle of all the commotion and wondered what business she had with her Yinka…..

For the first time, she felt threatened by another woman…..there was something about the lady…and she decided immediately that she didn’t like her.

HAPPY READING
DAILY UPDATES FROM NOW ON
DEPENDING ON YOUR COMMENTS
SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!!!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by marcusagrippa(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Adamsee, you had to copy an entire update? Really? I hope you haven't lost your marbles?

5 Likes

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by teamplayey: 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
marcusagrippa:
Adamsee, you had to copy an entire update? Really? I hope you haven't lost your marbles?

. . . Like seriously? @ Adamsee
After copying an entire update, na wetin you comment? Just wondering. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

The Complete Assassin / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) / Flow And Snow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.