Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors (48906 Views)

Emeka Ike Reveals Names Of Movie Directors Who Sleep With Actresses For Roles / “when Banky W Saw Me Nude” – Tiwa Savage Reveals Her Most Embarrassing Moment / When Banky W Saw Me ‘n*de’ – Tiwa Savage Reveals Her Most Embarrassing Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by DEGr8t(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2016
Abeg someone should locate me a nice studio... Make I start my music, if MTN will endorse me next year
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by lammiey(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2016
demsid:
Me sef register for this ambassador tin o. My name no Dey. When second list go come out??
lol.... second list my yansh. Na post utme u dey do?
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Kobicove(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Na wetin Skales dey sing sef? undecided
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Temysteve(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
TunezMediaBlog:
Telecoms giant, MTN has just terminated its contract with Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage and Davido among others.

Following the development, the management has also released the names of it's 2016/2017 celebrity ambassadors to include Praiz, Chidinma, Iyanya, Tekno, Falz and more.

The termination and release of new signees was made public through the press release by the management saying: “In line with its commitment to supporting Nigerian musicians by providing alternative platforms through which they can receive lucrative value for their intellectual property, MTN has announced brand ambassadors for 2016-2017.

“Music ambassadors for 2016-2017 are: Praiz (Praise Adejo); Iyanya (Iyanya Mbuk);Chidinma(Chidinma Ekile); Falz (Folarin Falana); Tekno Miles (Augustine Kelechi) andSkales (Raoul Njeng-Njeng)

“Four other ambassadors are – Saka, (Hafiz Oyetoro); Nedu (Steve Onu); Osuofia (NkemOwoh) and Adamu Zango
na wizkid sharp past!!! (Omolomo) he don port to GLO b4 dem dispose am..
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by cornel994(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2016
kennygee:
They dropped the more expensive ones for the less expensive ones.

Scales' real name tho, I hail Plateau state people o.
u mean u hail Cameroon
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Drbarmes(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2016
kennygee:

Skales parent from cameroon
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by GENTLETEE(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2016
Dem no fit pay!
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by anigold(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2016
kennygee:

baby gal please do you know if skales is from Shanghai,China
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by cruz419(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Blazing99:
When last Praiz or Chidinma sing better song. This list is filled with many undeserving acts.
If it is in terms of song does guy aint singing much these days but i guess dey dint drop dem cos dey are product of d mtn project fame academy cos i no see watin chidima don sing since oo or even praize self
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by MrGerald(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2016
that bad belly that wrote trash against chidinma last time, claiming to be her fan might hang herself now after reading this good development
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by mystmoze(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
kennygee:

chali scales ain't from plateau state...he is from Kaduna state

1 Like

Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by franzis(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
I see etisalat signing @ least one of them
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by aBbiie25(f): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thats a nicer way of saying 'YOU ARE FIRED" cry
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by kaybee88(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ignyte:

Skales is an edo boy
skales na Cameroonian
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by agborodun: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2016

Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Decryptor(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
I reliably heard from an insider that the main reasons they were dropped was because of past controversies.

Tiwa Savage: Feud with her ex-husband TeeBillz

Don Jazzy: Involvement with the feud as Teebillz accused him

Davido: His recent "Igboo Smoking Photos" in Jamaica.

The guy told me that these actions according to MTN are unworthy of their Ambassadors.
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by godwin120alex: 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Fake, hypocrite , mumu Jazzy is a waste of resources
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Themandator: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Smellymouth:
Last year, MTN adjusted their endorsement criteria and chosed Davido over Wizkid...

In the voice of MTN, ==>".. When results of empirical market analysis came out, Davido came out top ahead of Wizkid on all fronts. The difference in their rating is wide and it was not hard to reach a conclusion.."

WIZZY right now ==>

Those guys are asking for more based on their recent international moves.. they are like to get picked by other competitors

1 Like

Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Themandator: 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrGerald:
that bad belly that wrote trash against chidinma last time, claiming to be her fan might hang herself now after reading this good development

Cbidinma, Praize and Iyanya are life ambassadors by virtue of their coming through Mtn sponsored project fame.. . It has nothing to with her talent.. .. They are stuck with her, for life unless she does the unimaginable
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by DAramis: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by sagitariusbaby(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
kennygee:

Scale is both Nigerian and Cameroonian, his mum is from Edo state and he has nothing to do with Plateau except that he did his diploma at the University of Jos
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Blazing99: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
cruz419:

If it is in terms of song does guy aint singing much these days but i guess dey dint drop dem cos dey are product of d mtn project fame academy cos i no see watin chidima don sing since oo or even praize self

Very good point. Just like Airtel, their only non The-Voice ambassadorss are Phyno and PAtorankin
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Swash042(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Blazing99:

Very good point. Just like Airtel, their only non The-Voice ambassadorss are Phyno and PAtorankin
what of 2baba?
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 4:42am On Sep 03, 2016
larion:
Waow,

I can understand dropping David and even Tiwa, but Don Jazzy? No ways, I am not a too much fan of the Don cos I tilt slightly towards D'banj in their saga, but in terms of "awarness publicity, publicizing publication, customer relation making noise about your product", Don Jazzy is one celebrity you wanna have in your team.

He knows his stuff, and that's what this endorsement deals should be about, someone that can somehow make you sell more, someone that can make a lot of people know about you and your business product in a short possible time, someone who is likeable and can influence customer decision for you without even saying much.

Wahalai if Praiz, chidinma and tekno sell 200k recharge card, don jazzy alone will sell 1m, if priaz , chidinma, teckno and co should influence 1m subscribers, don jazzy alone will influence 10m, I am not hyping Jazzy as I don't really like him, but the facts speaks....

Sometimes you wonder what this top management use in reasoning , yes they lead us but some of their decisions are only fit for the trash can, we have them all over in various companies.......you will wonder what they learnt in their so called MBA, cutting cost without checking the cost, no wonder we keep going from one recession to another, both private and government public.. Smh
Thumbs up for you, bro. You seem an entrepreneur/economist to me.. Only few people understands the concept of advertising, and you are one of them. Nice post you got there.

1 Like

Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by Ignyte(m): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2016
kaybee88:
skales na Cameroonian
The guy is Edo... Knew him in Kd
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by MrGerald(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Themandator:

Cbidinma, Praize and Iyanya are life ambassadors by virtue of their coming through Mtn sponsored project fame.. . It has nothing to with her talent.. .. They are stuck with her, for life unless she does the unimaginable
I don't care, she should know before writing that trash
Re: MTN Drops Don Jazzy, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Reveals Names Of New Ambassadors by kaybee88(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2016
Ignyte:

The guy is Edo... Knew him in Kd
his mom is edo while his dad is Cameroon. decide

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See how Don Jazzy replies fan who asked 'Why are people leaving your label?' / Kenneth Okolie & Jessica's Traditional Wedding Photos / Laura Ikeji To Undergo Cosmetic Surgery Because Of Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.