Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons (43077 Views)

Avengers: Military Deploys Helicopters In N’delta, Destroys Oil Storage / Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan / Militants Shoot As Soldiers Look On In Delta As Crowd Jubilate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by engrchykae(m): 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
DAramis:

True.

But if saboteurs comes in, I am afraid, the victory of the person is assured just like palm oil.
this is the beginning of a very Lengthy conflict,
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ShootToKill: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Litmus:
Take a look at this vid. See the perfectly okay road and the perfectly orderly buildings by the side of the road all destroyed by war. Take a look at it and tell me if the people who destroyed this place could ever replace it with better. Not to talk of if the millions spent on destroying it had been used to improve on what was there before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgkS9Gna2Ss
Barma Nigeria

This is the parable of everyday Africans and their stupidity, always destroying the little they have under the illusion that there is something like revulsion which will usher in better times. Africans have got to come to grips with the fact that no war in Africa is going to bring better than what was on the ground before. This is the 21st century not 18, 19 or even 20th century, the world is more interlinked now, geopolitical interests more interwoven, resources scarcer.

If you muslims northerners stay on your own and stop 'longthroating' after 'kaffur' people's oil. Will you go into extinction?
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ShootToKill: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
nextprince:

87% is shared across the three tiers of govt including nd states and LGA.

I'm not asking you how it is shared. I am asking you what have you done with it since you claim to be prudent while the ND that feeds you are wasteful.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by DAramis: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
engrchykae:

Bro,

I am not praying for any conflict.

I believe that the want to adopt the carrot and stick approach just like someone said.

The will project the image of going to war and at the same time engage the people on peaceful resolution of the misunderstanding.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by castiello(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Chest DJ

For all we know, it is the cultist, militant, and vandals that are loosing out now.

No mind am mtn has given him 10mb why him no go get time to write trash we know ppl like them jobless guys sit home type the only come online when dash 10mb
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by maclatunji: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Of course,no doubt...nobody is fighting the army..or you v heard otherwise..
But the army can muscle the people,with big tanks
..will it stop pipeline explosion..they should leave community..the. Know where. The pipelines are..what's the use of big tanks in the community
Besides there is no issue to address..
They boys are ready to negotiate..so y not negotiate..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ificatchmodeh: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
maclatunji:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This man grin
No dey understand you o
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by nextprince: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
ShootToKill:

I'm not asking you how it is shared. I am asking you what have you done with it since you claim to be prudent while the ND that feeds you are wasteful.
Note: oil in the ND region belongs to Nigeria cos last time I checked, educated leaders like governors, senators, ministers, mbers of house of rep, mbers of the Armed Forces all from ND still owe their allegiance to the Fed Rep of Nig. So, the question now is what hav u done with ur additional 13%, min of nd, nddc? Note also that these benefits are not because oil is found in the nd, but rather, to address the problems of environmental degradation associated with oil extraction. If u are afraid of calling ur leaders to order, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by nextprince: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
ShootToKill:

If you muslims northerners stay on your own and stop 'longthroating' after 'kaffur' people's oil. Will you go into extinction?
What makes the oil ur own? Na u plant am or na ur ancestors? I think this problem actually started because the govt was giving the nd more allocation than other states. That is what enters their head and they begin to have the impression that the oil belongs to them.SMH

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Omonigeriarere: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
trapQ:
Dull government

Said by someone with dull brain.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Organs(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
izombie:
They used deception to milk niger delta oil and impoverish the area. They used one nigeria to milk niger delta oil and impoverish them more. Now that niger deltans eyes don clear, they are now using intimidation and possibly, war to continue milking niger delta oil and impoverish them even more. Buhari has clearly shown that he is a northern president. His brothers, the herdsmen have been murdering people everywhere but buhari has done nothing. In less than 2 years in power, buhari has destroyed everything. Now he's about to go to war. I have to agree with the person that said God is using buhari to punish nigerians. This man has nothing to offer but more poverty and gnashing of teeth. I rest my case.

IZOMBIE: Instead of GEJ to equip the military, he was giving contracts to a rif-raf, Tompolo and nobody not even the NIGERIAN army, Navy or Police could challenge Tompolo under GEJ, also, only those close to him or that does his bidding are fine all the other poor Niger-Deltans are at the mercy of all your corrupt leaders ripping you all off. Now we have a purposeful govt restoring Law and Order and you are complaining about the old song of either Northernization or Islamization. Check all the facts, the most corrupt people that are fond of ripping their own people off and exploiting them are the SS and SE people. You have Niger-Deltans as part of the Army, Yes, i agree that he needs to do more about the Fulani issue but this is a step in the right direction. One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by BiafraIShere(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
DAramis:

Bro I am for descalation of the tension.

As for being affected, you have to ask yourself whether Lagos was affected during the Nigerian civil war?

Just like a white journalist said in one documentary, the school activities and other business activities is going on as if they country is not at war. That most unilag students are not aware of the Civil War going on then

Like I said, descalation of the military tension is the best action we need.
You are living in a fools paradise to think that people in Lagos & across Nigeria wont be affected by a war in the ND. Biafra was a conventional war that was fought in the East, ND is going to be guerila in which case oil workers will all be evacuated & Nigeria wont export crude, dollar will exchange for 2000 naira, inflation will skyrocket, FG & states wont be able to pay salaries or execute projects, foriegn investors will run away while starvation, marasmus & quashiokor will massacre people! Gerrit?
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Omonigeriarere: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
HoneySwag:
this is serious o, armies everywhere in bayelsa. God save us!

When a bird perches on a rope, the rope will not experience peace while the bird will never be comfortable. This is just the tip of an ice-berg.

Continue celebrating the bombing of pipeline, while you keep on blaming PMB for economic recession.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
ikwubaba:

This thing is getting funnier everyday. Who really own the resources? Na ND farm the oil? Na them put am for ground? Oil was formed millions of years ago when humans were not even created. Each time we hear our oil. How? U plant oil? better go try to be productive and stop hoping u will acquire the oil one day. You will wait forever o!
MY BROVA YOU ARE PUNCHING THE WRONG GUY, I ALSO ASKED A NDELTAN THIS SAME QUESTION YOU ARE ASKING ME NOW. NO BODY OWN ANY NATURAL RESOURCES UNDER THE SOIL BEEN IT IN THE NORTH OR THE SOUTH. PERIOD.ANYONE ONE WHO BECOME GREEDY WITH NATURAL REOURCES SHOULD ASK LIBYA,IRAQ, ETC.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by lastmessenger: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
sparko1:

Even the creek boys won't make sure comment! O boy go and wash plate!
be ready to type Rip for the poor NA
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
izombie:
They used deception to milk niger delta oil and impoverish the area. They used one nigeria to milk niger delta oil and impoverish them more. Now that niger deltans eyes don clear, they are now using intimidation and possibly, war to continue milking niger delta oil and impoverish them even more. Buhari has clearly shown that he is a northern president. His brothers, the herdsmen have been murdering people everywhere but buhari has done nothing. In less than 2 years in power, buhari has destroyed everything. Now he's about to go to war. I have to agree with the person that said God is using buhari to punish nigerians. This man has nothing to offer but more poverty and gnashing of teeth. I rest my case.

Continue wailing, When you brothers are bombing the pipelines and boasting that nothing the military can do are blind and deaf then? Who milk Niger Delta dry? you need to go and ask your leaders what they do with the money given to them...

They gave Asari billions of naira instead of to site his business in Nigeria, He went to Cotonou to build schools there, Tompolo use his own to buy warship, The rest of them keep buying cars and living a flamboyant life none of you see them or call them to order.

When GEJ was in power what did he do for the people of his region? did they bomb pipelines? No .

If the scAvengers think they can cripple the economy they are calling for untimely death.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by alt3r3g0: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
engrchykae:

It will be very short. NDA who are the most organized have backed out and asking for peace. Probably because their sponsors have been exposed. Same people that claimed that oct 1 declaration must happen have back tracked. Asari will just enjoy his largese in Benin republic. Tompolo will remain on exile...afterall they desecrated his whole house and he took off and started writing series of open letters. All thats left are just some disjointed miscreants with weapons.

All in all...war favors no one. Let peace reign.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by DAramis: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
BiafraIShere:

You are living in a fools paradise to think that people in Lagos & across Nigeria wont be affected by a war in the ND. Biafra was a conventional war that was fought in the East, ND is going to be guerila in which case oil workers will all be evacuated & Nigeria wont export crude, dollar will exchange for 2000 naira, inflation will skyrocket, FG & states wont be able to pay salaries or execute projects, foriegn investors will run away while starvation, marasmus & quashiokor will massacre people! Gerrit?

Gerrit?
Yes grin

That is why I am against the war.

Go through my comments, you will notice my stand on this issue but on a long run, it shows maturity to pass your message across in a more civil way.

That is why this platform is an online forum...to engage in discourse and enlighten the other person which if I can remember, communication has always been a two way route carried out in a civil way. grin
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
izombie:
who did massob intimidate? Has NDA killed one person? And you forgot to mention the fulani herdsmen. They have killed thousands of people but buhari is only concerned about NDA. Thing is buhari is gradually taking himself towards spending the rest of his life in prison. I see buhari in the hague soon.

They are killing the economy which if care is not taken can lead to the death of thousands of Nigerians..

Where are you when the militants killed Soldiers? you no see that one abi?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/militants-kill-2-soldiers-6-civilians-sink-houseboat/

http://punchng.com/militants-kill-three-soldiers-cart-away-weapons-bayelsa/.

Which Hague you are talking about? You think the world are blind to what is happening? You Buhari been silent all this while is of a coward? He is only giving them time to pass their boundary and the world already see all the activities of Militants. When OBJ wiped out Ogoni people did he step foot in the hague.. Killing fooling yourself.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
rusher14:
The FG needs to use whatever measures necessary to ensure the country functions.

People cannot be screaming that they are hungry whilst at the same time applauding those who sabotage the very economy from which they would be fed.

The militants were quite brazen in their action and utterance simply because they had rigged up most of the pipelines before the presidential handover.

The military is concerned about the yet unexploded ordnance which could be of great danger to members of the community unwary of their presence.

The military would not sit back and watch law and order break down with such fanfare and gusto.

Their presence is definitely most needed and welcomed in the Niger Delta.

Kudos.
No mind them jare, I think PMB should just give an order of one week shoot aside just one week and let see if they will dialogue or not.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
youngeagle:
wisdom can never be bought...PMB lacks wisdom
Contunu but

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by dynamixdan(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
We dont pray for war. for those who are too young to have experienced civil war they are the only ones that are clapping hands for the army to go ahead. The niger delta if united by this act of war on the part of the president could become a tough opponent for even the nigerian army. use dialogue because the army cannot predict the military hardware they may have exchange crude oil for
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
OreMI22:
Buhari, you can start this war, but you will not be the finisher.

Nigeria will be a very different place after this war.

Mark those words.
hmmmm Niger Delta is too small for Nigeria to take down in one week.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by dynamixdan(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
[color=#990000][/color

We dont pray for war. for those who are too young to have experienced civil war they are the only ones that are clapping hands for the army to go ahead. The niger delta if united by this act of war on the part of the president could become a tough opponent for even the nigerian army. use dialogue because the army cannot predict the military hardware they may have exchange crude oil for
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
evilapc:

Why can't you diabolical hypocrites use resources from other parts of Nigeria to fund the entire Nigeria...

you are talking of 13% and bad leaders, why can't your good leaders use your own resource and leave the ND with their resources and bad leaders ?
The last time i check every region and the resources in them belong to Nigeria and Nigerians, Niger Delta is part of Nigeria own the by the same Federal Govt.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
tommykiwi:
Dis is democracy and not military regime...APC govt is not helping dis country at all.

So because this democracy that give the militant the power to bomb pipelines and boasting of crippling the economy?

So because ths is democracy we should send civilian to go and fight militants? sorry go back to bed.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by bashydemy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
sanandreas:
The international community would sanction Nigeria like Iran. Watch out

You mean the international communities that the crippling of Nigeria economy are also affecting? tell me another story...
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Hakeem3(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Chest DJ

For all we know, it is the cultist, militant, and vandals that are loosing out now.

tjeya re even calling out federal govt for dialogue here and there... grin
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Hakeem3(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Chest DJ

they re even calling out federal govt for dialogue here and there... grin
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ShootToKill: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
nextprince:

What makes the oil ur own? Na u plant am or na ur ancestors? I think this problem actually started because the govt was giving the nd more allocation than other states. That is what enters their head and they begin to have the impression that the oil belongs to them.SMH

So you come all the way from deserts of Zamfara with the ragged up towel on your head to south to tell a riverian and Deltan that the resources found in their land belongs to you because a long dead drunken sailor from britain called Lugard said so?
And you wonder why you are being confronted? Can a SSner lay claim to the gold in Zamfara without all hell breaking loose. Did Zamfarans put the gold there.

I dare you to go and take the oil in peace. Those who hold the yam and knives know themselves. 20000 battalions of fulani controlled soldiers in the creeks won't increase oil production.

You feudalists won't be allow to reap from the land of people you hate.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by AlanSugar(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
izombie:
who did massob intimidate? Has NDA killed one person? And you forgot to mention the fulani herdsmen. They have killed thousands of people but buhari is only concerned about NDA. Thing is buhari is gradually taking himself towards spending the rest of his life in prison. I see buhari in the hague soon.

Imagine! Has NDA killed one person.. .? newsflash!. .. I killed those 3 soldiers and wounded several others in the boat house in Warri last month! You are Niger delta avenger and you have killed no one, so the Nigerian army cannot kill you!
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by 4everGrand(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
izombie:

Shut the eff up, young man. When u blowing up pipelines, it shows u want peace.

Please is it only IYC that is in that area?

Your elders that cannot restrain or talk sense into u guys would be the first casualties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele / Maj Ayangbesan, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents (pic) / #BuhariGate Now Trending On Twitter. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.