Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons (43012 Views)

Avengers: Military Deploys Helicopters In N’delta, Destroys Oil Storage / Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan / Militants Shoot As Soldiers Look On In Delta As Crowd Jubilate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Litmus: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Take a look at this vid. See the perfectly okay road and the perfectly orderly buildings by the side of the road all destroyed by war. Take a look at it and tell me if the people who destroyed this place could ever replace it with better. Not to talk of if the millions spent on destroying it had been used to improve on what was there before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgkS9Gna2Ss
Bama Nigeria

This is the parable of everyday Africans and their stupidity, always destroying the little they have under the illusion that there is something like revolution which will usher in better times. Africans have got to come to grips with the fact that no war in Africa is going to bring better than what was on the ground before. This is the 21st century not 18, 19 or even 20th century, the world is more interlinked now, geopolitical interests more interwoven, resources scarcer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by DAramis: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
OldEagle:
be deceiving yourself if you think you won't be affected come back to this thread 2 months time except ur outside Nigeria

Bro I am for descalation of the tension.

As for being affected, you have to ask yourself whether Lagos was affected during the Nigerian civil war?

Just like a white journalist said in one documentary, the school activities and other business activities is going on as if the country is not at war. That most unilag students are not aware of the Civil War going on then

Like I said, descalation of the military tension is the best action we need.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
lastmessenger:
am tired of you guys before i go back to work.i want to let you know that the creek boys will beat NA handsdown.lets watch and see.

For your fraudulent mind nani.
NB: You sef fit join ya creek boys go beat NA handsdown #TooMuchMouthUGet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
pasol4real:

In your warped mind abi?
You want to compare the billionaire militants with the poverty stricken bokoharam with no knowledge nor ideology. the militants have more sophisticated weapons than even the military.n don't forget the battle will be in the creeks .this is not like fighting in the forest where the military are well trained.
The casualties I see in this forthcoming battle will be on the sides of the innocent civilians n the military.
The militants wud be victorious.
Let's face it this government csnnnot win this war.
In case u are still in doubt go ask America of their experience in the Vietnam war.

In ur warped mind abi,
U tink its necessary for NA to enter the creeks by foot abi mtcheew.
3-4 war planes will do the magic.
Abeg talk another tin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by passyhansome(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
I refuse to comment, but will observe, if it will boast oil production or worsen it.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Why are you not in the creek with them?

Haba sir, why would you ask that kinda question naw, dont you know he is just a CHEERLEADER ni
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
kropotkin11:
Please put on a suicide vest and run towards our military when they come calling at Orhuwhorun town grin

Sir, na u gan gan b suicidal cheesy
Y u go give am dat kinda advice.
Anyway best advice av eva come across fr a psalmy guy #lolz grin
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
llade:
Am from Bayelsa. After bombing pipelines that our very survival depended on,people should know there would be consequences for criminal actions. We should only complain when innocent people are harassed by the military but for criminal under any guise and name they should be prepared to face the music.

U av got d brain am lookin for. ThumbsUp Sir

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by sparko1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
lastmessenger:
am tired of you guys before i go back to work.i want to let you know that the creek boys will beat NA handsdown.lets watch and see.

Even the creek boys won't make sure comment! O boy go and wash plate!

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by justmi1: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
What would you really do if you were president buhari? It is no news that Nigeria is in deep crisis; economic,political,religious, security to mention a few and the government keeps getting criticized from its actions and inactions. More prominent lately, is the security concerns of the Niger Delta region, government recently launched military operation in the region and in so doing deploy hardware, troops to various formations and people are reacting differently and mostly without objectivity. Some criminals blow up our national source of income, destroy thier own lands and ecosystem in the process, yet we expect the government to fold it's arms and sit idly by. Talking about dialogue, who exactly will the government dialogue with? Is it the numerous groups springing up daily?
We talk about boko Haram, how will government get funds to fight boko Haram if our source of income is continuously depleted? Yes, boko Haram has killed a lot of innocent people, but the actions of the militants will kill more people slowly and gradually if the economy fails totally (starvation, frustrations)
The militants say they are being neglected; as far as I am concerned, this government has not developed or helped any region of the country since it came into power, so it's not about the Niger Delta alone, it's about all of us. But what did the last government offer them? Yet they allowed sleeping dogs lie, mind you it was thier brother in power.
Talking about the President, ideally he is aged and younger people should be leading this country, but we the youths failed in that regard, and allow ourselves to be used as political weaponry. Now that he is in power, why not just let him be, and give him support.
The President is about 80yrs, he has lived his life to the fullest, no matter how we see it. He has nothing to loose, believe me. The worst that can happen to him is to be removed from power, but history will have it that he was 2 times President of Nigeria.
We blow up ourselves and pipelines and we think we are doing the President evil, we are deceiving ourselves, he is the last person to be affected.
It is our own interests to allow peace reign and support the government.
We need to be objective and leave religion and ethnicity, otherwise we can never be united or make progress.
I don't think the President is willing to shell the Niger Delta, but he needs to show some strength, hence the necessities of military operation.
If you ask me, I would like the military to perform a surgical operation and rid the Niger Delta of criminals and vandals. I only wish they could do this without infringement of human rights of innocent civilians.
What would you do if you were president of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by nextprince: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Psalmy2cute:
lol I am not a suicidal like your Muslim bokoharam brothers.....
Is that why u can't piece up few words to make a simple sentence? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Litmus: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Government and well-meaning people should appeal to the relevant Delta communities directly and not the militants or those that support them online. Militants are already bound up by stupidity, ignorance, greed and by those whose interests they serve. Cant appeal to that thick necked lowbrow sort anymore than you can appeal to political thugs in the employ of some bigwig they may only be bought by some higher bidder. While their supporters online are faceless anybodies- from troll, fire-starters, pimpled faced kids, fellow militants, those that simply wish endless wars on Africans informed by hatred or the need for profit etc.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by nextprince: 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
IS IT YOUR RESOURCES?
Ah tire oh!
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ShootToKill: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
What it.. you'll see how the soldiers will start raping women and killing and jailing innocent youths going about their businesses.

I would be interested in seeing oil production rise by 10000% now that the fighters of the sherrifat have come to town. cheesy
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ikwubaba: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
IS IT YOUR RESOURCES?

This thing is getting funnier everyday. Who really own the resources? Na ND farm the oil? Na them put am for ground? Oil was formed millions of years ago when humans were not even created. Each time we hear our oil. How? U plant oil? better go try to be productive and stop hoping u will acquire the oil one day. You will wait forever o!

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Litmus: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by 8BitGee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Haha grin Now they're crying, shaking in their boots. Fvcking traitors. NA smoke their cowardly åsses!

tongue

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by engrchykae(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
DAramis:
Just like the famous quote "He who the gods want to destroy the first of all run mad"

They were busy beating the drum of war when they were being begged and now that the stage is set, they have started withdrawing.

I just hope that the military tension will be descalated gradually.

It will not be good to set your own house on fire all in the name of trying to kill a rat.
my dear relax,the person who makes the first deployment is not assured of victory
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
Here is my own opinion, as long as ND is still part of Nigerian territory then it is fair game!!! Also the ND has the right to self determination and secession if they want and if they have the WILL and ABILITY to see through to the end!!! Otherwise, let them just shvt the fvck up and stop sabotaging Nigeria's already dented economy by their indiscriminate bombings of oil facilities!!!! Insurgency and Militancy can no longer be tolerated! The Nigerian Army and government should not negotiate with terrorist militants!!! The only negotiation should be bombing them to the next life!!!!
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ozoemenaca: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Military vehicle to creeks...buhari is a joke...export pipelines pass thru underwater..and the creeks..
Don't know what heavy equipment are doing there...
But won't be long before f.g calls for dialogue
..they are trying to stifle the communities to sabotage..
they failed to understand that the people are consciously awaken to their antics..
It will end up as collateral damage..and respect will be restored.is all about our oil..
We know..there saboteurs too..we know...
We are not shaken.
If they want to protect the oil..let them go the ocean and creeks where the pipelines are and station their equipment..cos the can't break the resolve..
The world heard the call for dialogue..instead the government is preparing for war..this call for dialogue is as a result of the suffering in the country..not out of fear of guns or tanks..
Army can't know the creeks more than d indigenous ..neither the sea..
Since buhari has chosen this part...and shun dialogue..time will tell
Time would tell my brother, just dont mind these Zombies who would not even survive for six months without Niger Delta oil.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by nextprince: 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
ShootToKill:

What have you done with the 87% niger delta gave you?
87% is shared across the three tiers of govt including nd states and LGA.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by DAramis: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
engrchykae:
my dear relax,the person who makes the first deployment is not assured of victory
True.

But if saboteurs comes in, I am afraid, the victory of the person is assured just like palm oil.
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by engrchykae(m): 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
verily verily I say unto ye,the time is coming and now is the time that the fg will fight on three fronts.
when you see these zombie soldiers around in southsouth and northeast fighting what they don't know,then thou shalt know and understand that the end is at hand.
Jesus 30BC

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ificatchmodeh: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
Sirwallace:

People like you talk and spit thrash when you haven't read anything about warfare or experience on. What do you know about executing war. Let me educate your shallow brain a little.

U spit rubbish and trash when you know nothing about warfare. So because the militants grow and live in the creek guarantee their success even when they can be outplayed by military tactics and equipment.
Adolf Hitler won so many battle ground controlled by the allies forces in Europe including the great Paris in France and Moscow in Russia. But when the allies forces tactically and militarily responded, he lost full control of his strongest military strong hold in Berlin.

Trash and rubbish...okay smiley
Think you take your lessons to the president,he needs it more..
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by OldEagle: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wisdom
rubochi:
The best decision any one can make now is to borrow money and travel to wherever you can earn us dollar..... Because this war may end like that of Libya. I see Russia, Germany, North Korea coming to the aid of the Niger Deltans. When it starts there will be realignment of SS and SE and i see them start running a parallel Government from abroad. This dangerous play may not end soon.... cry cry cry cry
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by engrchykae(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wadeoye:

By the time the whole of niger delta is occupied by daredevil soldiers with heavy military hardware, only your people (niger deltans) will suffer.
Crude exploration and exportation will continue unhindered.
REALLY?
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by OldEagle: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
E warrior Abeg make u dey frontline for the attack no be to they type with old techno phone we need your skills we go give u gun to lead the attack for the creek, forward cowards will be shot grin grin grin grin
ayoolanr:
Here is my own opinion, as long as ND is still part of Nigerian territory then it is fair game!!! Also the ND has the right to self determination and secession if they want and if they have the WILL and ABILITY to see through to the end!!! Otherwise, let them just shvt the fvck up and stop sabotaging Nigeria's already dented economy by their indiscriminate bombings of oil facilities!!!! Insurgency and Militancy can no longer be tolerated! The Nigerian Army and government should not negotiate with terrorist militants!!! The only negotiation should be bombing them to the next life!!!!
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by hundredhundred: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
nextprince:

As far as I'm concerned, if u don't have anything to post, just log out. I have just gone through few of ur conversations with that fool and I still don't understand why u are responding to all those trash. What is the point arguing with the mentally challenged? Is his condition not obvious?

You are right, its truly a waste of time and I regret wasting my precious time on that troll.

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by ificatchmodeh: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
maclatunji:

No need to type story. Just go and prepare if that is what you claim you are going to do.

The military is there to address your issue.

Of course,no doubt...nobody is fighting the army..or you v heard otherwise..
But the army can muscle the people,with big tanks
..will it stop pipeline explosion..they should leave community..the. Know where. The pipelines are..what's the use of big tanks in the community
Besides there is no issue to address..
They boys are ready to negotiate..so y not negotiate..
Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by Charly68: 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
We said the Govt should take it easy with the boys yet they kept bombing oil installations. Imagine the cost of the damages they have caused.. Avengers stopped 2 days ago,another militant group went and bomb oil installation in IMO state.. So what else do they want than a very merciless show of force . When two iron jam each other at least one will bend. Those who are law abiding should go about their duties without fear of molestation.. But those who know how to shoot guns & throw bombs are in for a battle of wit with Buratai boys..The airforce will only give their counterparts aerial supports . In the next six to eight months we shall know the victim from the victor.
Nigerians have suffered untold hardship due to economic sabotage that goes on at that part of the nation unabated. Enough is enough..we should call a spade a spade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of War Grips Niger Delta As Military Deploys Weapons by steveneche(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
evilapc:

Why can't you diabolical hypocrites use resources from other parts of Nigeria to fund the entire Nigeria...

you are talking of 13% and bad leaders, why can't your good leaders use your own resource and leave the ND with their resources and bad leaders ?

Don't forget we once used groundnut and cocoa money from north and west respectively, to fund the entire country... The same money was used to establish oil exploration in the south.... You sound like you don't know the history of Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Nigeria’s Refineries Will Never Work – Obasanjo / We Have Capable Hands To Work In Amotekun — Fulani Group / Obasanjo's Look-alike Spotted In Delta (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.