Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu (6110 Views)

Nigeria Needs Mindset Change, Not Restructuring – Obasanjo / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by basilo101: 3:22am On Sep 03, 2016
A rights activist and former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Ogun State, Dr. Niran Malaolu, has said that the ruling All Progressives Congress will labour in vain in its efforts to bring the desired change to Nigeria unless the country is restructured.

Malaolu asked the APC-led Federal Government to look beyond the political change which he said the ruling party achieved in the last general elections to social change by putting in place policies that would ensure equitable distribution of resources.

Malaolu, who was a guest speaker at the exploratory conference heralding the third Lagos Open Parliament organised by the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders in collaboration with People’s Action for Democracy during the week in Lagos, said the current structure of Nigeria gave room to a situation “where Peter is robbed to pay Paul.”

He, however, said until the defect was addressed, Nigeria would not develop as expected.
Malaolu said, “With the way Nigeria is currently structured, real change is not possible. Whatever any governor is trying to do will only amount to event, which cannot last. Change within any state or section of the country can only be cosmetic under the existing structure of the country.”

He used Lagos State as a case study to buttress his point.

Malaolu said Lagos State, known to have the largest population in Nigeria, generates the highest Value Added Tax among the 36 states in the country, but expressed concern that Sokoto State, which banned the consumption of alcohol, shared from the VAT.

He said, “We are in prison structurally in Nigeria, and this is why the APC change won’t work. The nation cannot continue like this or we will not have our freedom. The state governors know this, but will not talk because they want to be seen as being politically correct.”
http://punchng.com/change-not-possible-nigerias-current-structure-malaolu/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

12 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Keep saying it..... ko le possible raraaaaaa!!!
Restructure or remain stuck forever with Recession!!

Depression is looming soon!!

We can run but cannot hide forever!!!!

God Bless GEJ!!!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:46am On Sep 03, 2016
My only joy is that we all are stuck together in this change & its hitting us well on our G-sp0t's.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Speeddial(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
My only joy is that we all are stuck together in this change & its hitting us well on our G-sp0t's.

Ovokoo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Smooyis(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2016
Very true. Nigeria needs to be restructured ASAP. I hope pmb will be wise enough to do what is right. I spoke about this when gej was in power, but he got carried away by the wind of time. The President who is bold to restructure the country is the real messiah we have been waiting for. From the looks of things, I doubt if buhari will be able to do it. Until then, the struggle continues.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by oduastates: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

God Bless GEJ!!!

I hope you are not trying to tell us that he brought the call for restructuring to Nigeria the same way he brought Facebook to Nigeria.
God bless who and for what?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by EmmaLege: 7:37am On Sep 03, 2016
True talk smiley

1 Like

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Adonis3: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2016
during the last general elections

I told my friends I won't say GEJ didn't fu¢k up

Sure, he has his own shortcomings

I only believe Buhari ain't a better option (my opinion)

But the problem with most of em was that they believed Buhari was the long prophesied messiah

They believed the moment he takes control, Nigeria will instantly become USA

Smh!

I can only say I'm happy (to an extent) that buhari won

Because they would have been shouting and ranting how we didn't give him a chance to change Nigeria like the magician that he is

#Adonis3HasSpoken

31 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by eleojo23: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2016
We want United States of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by iamclime(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2016
There is a change mentioned at Daniel 2:44. It's definite, inevitable, and coming very soon!
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by nonjebose(m): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Yes, it is true that restructuring is inevitable. Equitable distribution of wealth based on generated wealth. The northern elite will always be uncomfortable with this.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by asitis752: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2016
Can u imagine. The south will try all possible ways to generate money for the government but the northern states will continue banning everything in d name of religion. U can freely drink alcohol anywhere in d south but you will never try that in d north still they say Nigeria is one

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by globalresource: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2016
Hmmmmm.... God bless my country
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2016
That restructuring will not favour the 95% and that is why they will do everything to stop it from happening.

15 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by gidzbobby: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2016
Zombies won't like this at all...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by damola311: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2016
APC.... Government of trial and error

4 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by GoldenJAT(m): 7:42am On Sep 03, 2016
and just less than 2 yrs ago...no1 was telling Jonathan 2 restructure,just like our politicians that love jumping from 1 party 2d other once their party is not in power.what will happen if we all face this situation we find ourselves in 2geta as a nation and look 4 ways 2 overcome it?AND I ASK...WHAT EXACTLY DO WE WANT TO RESTRUCTURE?we just av misplaced priorities!restructing wont solve any problem now..rather it will cause more turmoil and unrest...JONATHAN really went out of his way 2 please so many people.the situation we find ourselves in..is exacly what some countries will use in propelling themselves 2d next level.YEYE DE SMELL.

1 Like

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by ghostmist: 7:44am On Sep 03, 2016
We all know the truth.

the problem lies in our collective resolve to pressure the state into accepting this truth.

There is no hope for Nigeria if we don't restructure. we will keep going around in an endless cycle.

it's as simple as that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Justiyke4u: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2016
Restructuring is the key. It can't be over emphasized that is what Nigeria needs now

10 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by okpor2(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

God Bless GEJ!!!
GEJ again?y didn't he restructure Nigeria in d 6 years hewasat d helm?

1 Like

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Mexyz(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
and just less than 2 yrs ago...no1 was telling Jonathan 2 restructure,just like our politicians that love jumping from 1 party 2d other once their party is not in power.what will happen if we all face this situation we find ourselves in 2geta as a nation and look 4 ways 2 overcome it?AND I ASK...WHAT EXACTLY DO WE WANT TO RESTRUCTURE?we just av misplaced priorities!restructing wont solve any problem now..rather it will cause more turmoil and unrest...JONATHAN really went out of his way 2 please so many people.the situation we find ourselves in..is exacly what some countries will use in propelling themselves 2d next level.YEYE DE SMELL.
Oga the country needs restructuring, you can't be wiser than those in the system... They now know that our country can't move forward with the way things are, this is the time to restructure this country, the era of robbing Peter to pay Paul should stop...... Take a good look at the analogy he gave up there, if they (sokoto) don't like alcohol, why taking from it proceeds?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Promismike(m): 7:55am On Sep 03, 2016
okpor2:
GEJ again?y didn't he restructure Nigeria in d 6 years hewasat d helm?
****So we should remain in rot becouse get didnt do what he was supposed to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by sarutobie(m): 7:56am On Sep 03, 2016
oduastates:

I hope you are not trying to tell us that he brought the call for restructuring to Nigeria the same way he brought Facebook to Nigeria.
God bless who and for what?
of all the comments na the one wey carry Gej you see...the mention of his name gives you all nightmares...I thank God for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by austinbrown: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2016
We warned them they still went ahead to vote for APC

7 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

God Bless GEJ!!!

a man earned more money for the country than at any time or other president/leader in the nations history, nothing to show, except private jets houses in dubai,atalanta and London for cronies, militants and the well connected, schools 0, roads 0, hospitals 0, sports o, electricity 0, savings 0 yet inbeciles and born-throway people will come and say God bless to such a person. Your stupidity is a result of GEJs failure to properly educate you

name a single infrastructure project that cost $1b that was successfully executed under GEJ.

A man has a good job and a good salary, he did not invest in poperty or shares or invest in a side business for his wife. Instead every vacation he carries his family to Dubai or London business class, 5 star hotel as if the salary is from jis father's business that is guaranteed. He did not inbest in a pension or life insurance. He dies and so goes the salary, no income the children are now blaming the mother for their hardship. Foolish people. You should be cursing GEJ for letting you get comfortable with what you cannot sustain

2 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by GoldenJAT(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Mexyz:
Oga the country needs restructuring, you can't be wiser than those in the system... They now know that our country can't move forward with the way things are, this is the time to restructure this country, the era of robbing Peter to pay Paul should stop...... Take a good look at the analogy he gave up there, if they (sokoto) don't like alcohol, why taking from it proceeds?
the timing bro..its totally out of it..the way the country is suits us perfectly.if we cant get this right...then we cant get regionalism right 2...we just love compounding problems.

2 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by 989900: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Malaolu said Lagos State, known to have the largest population in Nigeria, generates the highest Value Added Tax among the 36 states in the country, but expressed concern that Sokoto State, which banned the consumption of alcohol, shared from the VAT.

Sokoto people and hypocrisy

OTOH, everyone is for restructuring until they get to the centre.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by austinbrown: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Give us Biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2016
Noooooo!

They said the problem is 'corruption and lack of good governance' (two concepts they don't even understand).

They said if they just 'kill corruption' (by media trial) the whole country would just turn to UAE/Switzerland the next day.

They said if they just drill boreholes and 'feed' 5,000,000 people with eggs (their concept of good governance) people would be 'lifted out of poverty'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by bayinq25(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2016
Adonis3:

during the last general elections

I told my friends I won't say GEJ didn't fu¢k up

Sure, he has his own shortcomings

I only believe Buhari ain't a better option (my opinion)

But the problem with most of em was that they believed Buhari was the long prophesied messiah

They believed the moment he takes control, Nigeria will instantly become USA

Smh!

I can only say I'm happy (to an extent) that buhari won

Because they would have been shouting and ranting how we didn't give him a chance to change Nigeria like the magician that he is

#Adonis3HasSpoken
13 bottles of origin for you jhor!...You be hammer,every problem na nail to you....spot on bro!

5 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by rexzqcom(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:

Parasites fears to be liberated from its host.
Grow some testicles punk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 8:17am On Sep 03, 2016
989900:

Sokoto people and hypocrisy

OTOH, everyone is for restructuring until they get to the centre.

Not true! Not everyone.

Buhari has never been for restructuring, he hasn't even pretended or faked it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo / Somalian Minister Of Defense VS Nigerian Minister Of Defense / Buni May Head APC Convention As Uncertainty Surrounds Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.