Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu (6117 Views)

Nigeria Needs Mindset Change, Not Restructuring – Obasanjo / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by mu2sa2: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2016
Alcohol consumption does not help anyone. Hypocrites, these northern states produce the bulk of local foodstuff consumed in the country.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by GoldenJAT(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2016
rexzqcom:

Parasites fears to be liberated from its host.
Grow some testicles punk.
im laughin so hard here!1 word 4u...BE OBJECTIVE..and mind ur choice of words...
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by vislabraye(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2016
Adonis3:

during the last general elections

I told my friends I won't say GEJ didn't fu¢k up

Sure, he has his own shortcomings

I only believe Buhari ain't a better option (my opinion)

But the problem with most of em was that they believed Buhari was the long prophesied messiah

They believed the moment he takes control, Nigeria will instantly become USA

Smh!

I can only say I'm happy (to an extent) that buhari won

Because they would have been shouting and ranting how we didn't give him a chance to change Nigeria like the magician that he is

#Adonis3HasSpoken

I dey tell you. Just imagine Gej was in power and Naira becomes 300 to a dollar, there would have been a civil war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by rexzqcom(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
im laughin so hard here!1 word 4u...BE OBJECTIVE..and mind ur choice of words...

Gat you mehnn. The guy rants be make me vex
for real. System we been practising with continuous failures for over 50 years. Even born fools should know real change is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
and just less than 2 yrs ago...no1 was telling Jonathan 2 restructure,just like our politicians that love jumping from 1 party 2d other once their party is not in power.what will happen if we all face this situation we find ourselves in 2geta as a nation and look 4 ways 2 overcome it?AND I ASK...WHAT EXACTLY DO WE WANT TO RESTRUCTURE?we just av misplaced priorities!restructing wont solve any problem now..rather it will cause more turmoil and unrest...JONATHAN really went out of his way 2 please so many people.the situation we find ourselves in..is exacly what some countries will use in propelling themselves 2d next level.YEYE DE SMELL.

You went to the moon and just came back maybe. If so, welcome.

Now try and settle down and keep yourself abreast of happenings while you were away.

The deafening call for restructuring of the country (which Jonathan himself resisted for many years but caved in eventually because of his second term, perhaps) led him to set up a conference of all stakeholders.

The conference came out with far-reaching decisions unanimously adopted. It was thought to be the starting point of the restructuring that reasonable Nigerians have identified as the panacea to the lingering underachieving status of the country.

The ACN and Buhari's CPC didn't believe that then just as they don't believe it now.

Nigeria is not a nation as you think. Nigeria is a country of MANY NATIONS with different goals and objectives. Each nation is perpetually at each others jugular for the scarce resources. Some nations want to move fast to achieve their goals while some others are comfortable moving slowly. Unfortunately there is no national pace.

You would be a superhuman to be able to 'marry' these goals together in an efficient way (even if you are dealing with inanimate objects). Tried as we have, we haven't been able to 'face the situation we find ourselves together'. We have used coercion, we have used persuasion, all to no avail. At every juncture, the suspicion and antagonism is perplexing.

No country can 'propel' anything under this arrangement. The earlier your type recognizes this, the better for the country.

4 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by GoldenJAT(m): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2016
porka:

You went to the moon and just came back maybe. If so, welcome.

Now try and settle down and keep yourself abreast of happenings while you were away.

The deafening call for restructuring of the country (which Jonathan himself resisted for many years but caved in eventually because of his second term, perhaps) led him to set up a conference of all stakeholders.

The conference came out with far-reaching decisions unanimously adopted. It was thought to be the starting point of the restructuring that reasonable Nigerians have identified as the panacea to the lingering underachieving status of the country.

The ACN and Buhari's CPC didn't believe that then just as they don't believe it now.

Nigeria is not a nation as you think. Nigeria is a country of MANY NATIONS with different goals and objectives. Each nation is perpetually at each others jugular for the scarce resources. Some nations want to move fast to achieve their goals while some others are comfortable moving slowly. Unfortunately there is no national pace.

You would be a superhuman to be able to 'marry' these goals together in an efficient way (even if you are dealing with inanimate objects). Tried as we have, we haven't been able to 'face the situation we find ourselves together'. We have used coercion, we have used persuasion, all to no avail. At every juncture, the suspicion and antagonism is perplexing.

No country can 'propel' anything under this arrangement. The earlier your type recognizes this, the better for the country.
i never travelled 2 anywhere!and i am quite abreast of the latest happenings in town.u av judiciously outlined ur opinion,but its just that i av mine and sees things from a different perspective,i wonder y our past presidents has refused 2 write their names in2d history book by restructuring!since they would be judged as heroes of democracy!the timing is just 2 wrong.....lets get this system we are practising right 1st,and we could then talk about restructuring....we leave those we should blame and point accusing fingers at others.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2016
mu2sa2:
Alcohol consumption does not help anyone. Hypocrites, these northern states produce the bulk of local foodstuff consumed in the country.

Mallam Musa, it seems you are the hypocrite here. Alcohol consumption is taxed (VAT), the proceed of the tax is distributed to 'help' you and your state in form of direct monthly allocation from the federation account. How then can you say 'alcohol consumption does not help anyone' when you are directly benefiting from it?

That is what Dr. Malaolu was trying to tell you. Why not reject the portion of VAT on alcohol consumption to promote your belief?

Meanwhile the bulk of the local food stuffs consumed in the country is not produced in the states where consumption of alcohol is frowned at.

And then the bulk of the food stuffs are purchased for consumption from the producers at a price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Femo230: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2016
But, what type of re-structure are we talking about here?

Truly speaking if we are to re-structure or sanitized Nigeria from past mistakes is to cut down all those big tree. They cover us from seeing the secret of their political position.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Femo230:
But, what type of re-structure are we talking about here?

Truly speaking if we are to re-structure or sanitized Nigeria from past mistakes is to cut down all those big tree. They cover us from seeing the secret of their political position.

Start from the recent confab report.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
i never travelled 2 anywhere!and i am quite abreast of the latest happenings in town.u av judiciously outlined ur opinion,but its just that i av mine and sees things from a different perspective,i wonder y our past presidents has refused 2 write their names in2d history book by restructuring!since they would be judged as heroes of democracy!the timing is just 2 wrong.....lets get this system we are practising right 1st,and we could then talk about restructuring....we leave those we should blame and point accusing fingers at others.

Perhaps they too argued, like you are currently arguing, about TIMING.

Perhaps they too wanted to get the 'system we are practicing right' just like Buhari and APC are currently 'getting it right'.

Perhaps they too saw 'things from different perspective' like you.

The results? Well, you be the judge.

"Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest." - Ecclesiastes 11: 4.

3 Likes

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by MicroBox: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2016
Mr former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Ogun State, Dr. Niran Malaolu your claims are weak and insensitive. Before creating any state it's believed that it's has been weighed and valued to what it will be contributing to national grid. Sokoto State have what it's contributing to this country. Using alcohol as an example is a very weak claim.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by mu2sa2: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2016
porka:

Mallam Musa, it seems you are the hypocrite here. Alcohol consumption is taxed (VAT), the proceed of the tax is distributed to 'help' you and your state in form of direct monthly allocation from the federation account. How then can you say 'alcohol consumption does not help anyone' when you are directly benefiting from it?

That is what Dr. Malaolu was trying to tell you. Why not reject the portion of VAT on alcohol consumption to promote your belief?

Meanwhile the bulk of the local food stuffs consumed in the country is not produced in the states where consumption of alcohol is frowned at.

And then the bulk of the food stuffs are purchased for consumption from the producers at a price.
Mr man, if you are a drunkard that's your choice. It's none of your business if northerners or anybody else decide to not drink the poison called alcohol. Btw, northern states have never insisted on sharing the tax on alcohol. So you drunkards should rather forward your case to Rmafc.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2016
MicroBox:
Mr former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Ogun State, Dr. Niran Malaolu your claims are weak and insensitive. Before creating any state it's believed that it's has been weighed and valued to what it will be contributing to national grid. Sokoto State have what it's contributing to this country. Using alcohol as an example is a very weak claim.

National grid?

Dr. Malaolu's argument is simple.

Sokoto and some other states believe consumption of alcohol is immoral. Not only that, they also believe that gambling is immoral. They have laws prohibiting these acts. That is their belief. Everyone has a right to his/her belief.

However, Lagos and some other states don't see anything wrong with consumption of alcohol and gambling and are collecting tax called VAT on the acts.

So, for every bottle of liquor that is consumed in Lagos or Benue or Akwa Ibom, 5% goes to the federation account to be shared, to all states and FCT.

Now, why should Sokoto be sharing from the tax proceeds from other states on the activities they have prohibited?

Your argument againt Dr. Malaolu would be sound if you can present any activity from Sokoto State contributing to the federation account which Lagos has prohibited and which Lagos is sharing from its proceeds.

Please do so and stop the diversionary 'national grid' argument.

Produce what you feel is good for you and take the proceed then contribute what you can afford to the federation account for sharing by other states.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by porka: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2016
mu2sa2:
Mr man, if you are a drunkard that's your choice. It's none of your business if northerners or anybody else decide to not drink the poison called alcohol. Btw, northern states have never insisted on sharing the tax on alcohol. So you drunkards should rather forward your case to Rmafc.

You won't drink 'poison' but you would gladly receive money from tax on 'poison'.

And then turnaround to accuse 'drunkards' of hypocrisy?

Haba Mallam. Why not practice what you preach?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by blackboy2star(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Malaolu said Lagos State, known to have the largest population in Nigeria, generates the highest Value Added Tax among the 36 states in the country, but expressed concern that Sokoto State, which banned the consumption of alcohol, shared from the VAT.

True talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by 989900: 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
mu2sa2:

On a lighter note, JSYK, the quran does not forbid drinking; it only forbids excessive drinking -- same also with the bible. The prohibition is only for poor people . . .lol . . . even in the middle east they drink.

[2:219]: "They ask you about intoxicants and gambling: say, "In them there is a gross "ithm" (sin), and some benefits for the people. But their sinfulness far outweighs their benefit."
Notice how "some" benefits are mentioned .

Second revelation actually put a curfew and demanded that prayers have to be offered with a clean mind and full comprehension of what one is saying to Allah. This made alcohol drinking quite incompatible with prayers and the companions actually started praying that the Quran will actually prohibit alcohol and other intoxicants

4:43: "O you who acknowledge, Do not go near prayer, (Salat) while you are stupified (under influence), until you know what you are saying"

Copied from Quora.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by Femo230: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
What about confab report
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by SpeedOfLight: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
The fellow is right. Learn how to live independent life Because this restructuring will come with many events beyond your comprehension so buckle up. Just my cent!
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by jaybee(f): 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mexyz:
Oga the country needs restructuring, you can't be wiser than those in the system... They now know that our country can't move forward with the way things are, this is the time to restructure this country, the era of robbing Peter to pay Paul should stop...... Take a good look at the analogy he gave up there, if they (sokoto) don't like alcohol, why taking from it proceeds?

Are they just knowing this now?

Why didn't PDP and Jonathan 'restructure' during their 16 years of squandermania? Why must is be APC and Buhari in leas than two years?
Something is fishy here.
Re: Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu by SpeedOfLight: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
jaybee:

Are they just knowing this now?

Why didn't PDP and Jonathan 'restructure' during their 16 years of squandermania? Why must is be APC and Buhari in leas than two years?
Something is fishy here.
Let the fish fishy you out from your cave, I 'm not partisan because I stand for Biafra, I bought a bag of rice N8000 during GEJ and bought N22000 recently so never you compare this useless administration to last administration. Whether you restructure or not it doesn't stop an inorganic state like Nigeria from fizzling out in no distance time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account / Osinbajo Heads To Berlin, To Address German Business Community On Monday / APM, ADC Guber Candidates In Jigawa Decamp To APC, Endorse Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.