Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,853 members, 7,851,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6270765 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Thika is a town,Onitsha is a. city
Kiambu is another town while Jos is a city.

All the places u mentioned are bloody towns.. grin. ..Maybe you need to consult Wikipedia, oxford dictionary and the UN for the real meaning of a city...
I. wasn't. done with Nigerian cities yet... here's more . grin

Asaba
Ilorin
Akure
Zaria
Abeokuta
Minna
Nsukka
Nnewi

grin

In good faith I don't mean to demean you but I'd rather have a decent town than a slum of a city. Your definition of city is only based on population but never quality. See for instance, Naivasha is a small town of about 180,000 people while Abeokuta is a city of over 1 million people. But look at Naivasha and compare it with Abeokuta.

Naivasha

Now look at Abeokuta

[img]https://fullandbright.files./2010/10/img_0120.jpg[/img]
[img]https://format-com-cld-res.cloudinary.com/image/private/s--FUTNGum5--/c_fill,g_center,h_264,w_1242/a_auto,fl_keep_iptc.progressive,q_95/v1/d1de8be20ed61b847e8519de00e819fc/Postcards_from_Abeokuta_II.jpg[/img]

Free advice, don't just base your arguments on population - Nigeria is 4 times more populous than Kenya. Look at quality.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by HarryDuce(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2018
kikuyu1:

THE THREAD IS DEAD! And you do know half of that 30 bn$ is HIM Dangote's personal poo leaving the remaining 15 bn$ for 180 mn of his subjects.
Are you a child? What is your obsession with Dangote? Hmph. Burnt brains everywhere.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:07am On May 28, 2018
Had to confirm again those pictures - yeap - that is what I am talking about slum cities. Nigeria in 70-80s OIL BOOM moved to towns in droves [they had for a decade the world fastest urbanization] in search for elusive OYEL money- and yet there was no corresponding infrastructure or housing development - and what you got are huge slum metropolis - and collapsed rural economy (agriculture) - I tell you the amount of fallow land you'll find in Nigeria is staggering. Everybody and their grandmother basically abandoned the villages in 80s for unplanned urban centers --- except maybe for the nomadic north (hausa-fulani-kanuri) - you now have mega metropolis of slums - without electricity or water or sewage or any garbage collection -- everyone is just waiting for oil money to come from Abuja and if not - trying to escape Nigeria.

NairobiWalker:

In good faith I don't mean to demean you but I'd rather have a decent town than a slum of a city. Your definition of city is only based on population but never quality. See for instance, Naivasha is a small town of about 180,000 people while Abeokuta is a city of over 1 million people. But look at Naivasha and compare it with Abeokuta.

Naivasha

Now look at Abeokuta

[img]https://format-com-cld-res.cloudinary.com/image/private/s--FUTNGum5--/c_fill,g_center,h_264,w_1242/a_auto,fl_keep_iptc.progressive,q_95/v1/d1de8be20ed61b847e8519de00e819fc/Postcards_from_Abeokuta_II.jpg[/img]

Free advice, don't just base your arguments on population - Nigeria is 4 times more populous than Kenya. Look at quality.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:14am On May 28, 2018
This what my colleague wrote recently as he left for Nigeria.

Nigeria! I've attached a '"Where the heck is Minna?" Map' in case that was your first thought. One google post I found really sums Minna up, though:"Brown, caked, dry, uncultivated, vast expanse of land; I was amazed. I've never seen land so extensive without trees all my life."
I'm sure you understand the appeal!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:22am On May 28, 2018
rvp20182:
Had to confirm again those pictures - yeap - that is what I am talking about slum cities. Nigeria in 70-80s OIL BOOM moved to towns in droves [they had for a decade the world fastest urbanization] in search for elusive OYEL money- and yet there was no corresponding infrastructure or housing development - and what you got are huge slum metropolis - and collapsed rural economy (agriculture) - I tell you the amount of fallow land you'll find in Nigeria is staggering. Everybody and their grandmother basically abandoned the villages in 80s for unplanned urban centers --- except maybe for the nomadic north (hausa-fulani-kanuri) - you now have mega metropolis of slums - without electricity or water or sewage or any garbage collection -- everyone is just waiting for oil money to come from Abuja and if not - trying to escape Nigeria.

Are you truly a Kenyan?? l ask because you are obsessed with Nigerian matters, l don't even know so much about Kenya, and l haven't met any Nigerian who cares to know or ever discussed about Kenya. lt's just one of those other African countries.
That aside, l think your analysis is wrong, l have been to Lagos just 3times all my life and l have never been to Abuja. There are many others like me spread across the country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:34am On May 28, 2018
You guys started this thread and invited us here. I think there is no incentive to visit any nigeria city - because the poverty and desperation is uniform - the whole country economy long collapsed - so if you go to Lagos or Abuja or Abeukota or Ibandan - it the same depressing slum metropolis.

Here in Kenya there is the incentive to really visit the country - our tourism is world class (although now it very small part of the econom 1.5% of GDP from highs of 15% a decade) - so there is a lot of domestic tourism. Huge part Nairobi moves to Mombasa & coastal cities during holidays breaks. Nairobi people travel to say Naivasha or such towns for weekends.

But if you're talking urbanization...then I don't mean all Nigerians moved to Lagos or Abuja...they mainly moved to their state capitals...so they could get a share of the oil money. Definitely Nigeria 80s urbanization was world fastest!!! and the collapse of agriculture it's consequence.

Daejoyoung:

Are you truly a Kenyan?? l ask because you are obsessed with Nigerian matters, l don't even know so much about Kenya, and l haven't met any Nigerian who cares to know or ever discussed about Kenya. lt's just one of those other African countries.
That aside, l think your analysis is wrong, l have been to Lagos just 3times all my life and l have never been to Abuja. There are many others like me spread across the country.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 28, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Bruh, apo apana, we are fvcking corrupt.

Manzee,Kwanza hizi NYS na NCPB scandals.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Most of them tell me they like uncle Bob for his none nonsense attitude toward the West. grin

Then they are smart people.
But its a paradox really, smart people who couldnt remove one man from power, and ignorant northerners who cant be removed from power in Naija grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 28, 2018
Daejoyoung:

The arguement at first was that a Kenyan company Cellulant is doing very well in Nigeria, this was the prime example by rvp of a Kenyan company (founded by kenyans) doing well on the continent.
Then we brought to his notice that it (like Andela) was co-founded by a Nigerian and it has the Nigerian factor hence it's no surprise it's doing well in Nigeria and all over. Now you came here to say the Nigerian was employed by the Kenyan, again in the Cellulant story there is no evidence of that, even in your video the Kenyan makes it clear(whether in 2002 or 2004), it started when he met with Bolaji.
Then you compared them to Facebook founders and again l proved you wrong because Facebook Mark Zuckerbeg is never referred to as a cofounder. So you've been the one assuming things here and stretching the arguement because you wouldn't state things the way they are.

Who could state it more clearer than Njoroge? He clearly said that he is the boss to Bolaji in the video. Watch the video again precisely as Njoroge starts to speak.
He said:
Bolaji is a pharmacy graduate, and I am a pharmacy drop out, BUT AM HIS BOSS!

Thats precisely what happens. Street smart guys like Njoroge and Kenyans make use of book smart guys like Bolaji and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

According to his logic - yeah, that makes sense..................and Karen is a very poor neighborhood since it's very far from the CBD.

Settled grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

How can you not like something you have no access to? That's like an ordinary Kenyan saying they hate winter. grin grin grin

Surely!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Dangotelander,if you've learned anything from all these posts its that your opinion is outdated! Unlearn your 'Giant of Africa,' BS and see you've always been wayyyyyyy overrated in all ways AND WE'RE PUNCHING HARDER THAN YOU IN ALL RELEVANT INDICES.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Naivasha

Now look at Abeokuta

How many reptiles live in Abeokuta? Must be a terrible number of snakes and rare ones (endemic only to rusty Abeokuta) grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 28, 2018
Mwale Medical & Technology City, Kakamega County, Western Kenya

Private investment by a local tycoon

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2018
TayserMahiri:

How many reptiles live in Abeokuta? Must be a terrible number of snakes and rare ones (endemic only to rusty Abeokuta) grin

Imagine those are the kind of cities these guys boast over just because they are populous. I would rather live in small towns like Kericho, Kitale, Nanyuki etc with good clean environment and access to all social amenities including clean water, electricity, malls, beautiful environment etc.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 28, 2018
Mwale Medical & Technology City

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 1:26pm On May 28, 2018
That is Naija like scam. Don't buy it.
TayserMahiri:
Mwale Medical & Technology City
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Imagine those are the kind of cities these guys boast over just because they are populous. I would rather live in small towns like Kericho, Kitale, Nanyuki etc with good clean environment and access to all social amenities including clean water, electricity, malls, beautiful environment etc.

Me too I'd rather live in this village in Kericho than in Abeokuta

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 28, 2018
rvp20182:
That is Naija like scam. Don't buy it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 28, 2018
Nakuru, Kenya

We have small decent beautiful towns with few people but Nigeria has big old ugly overpopulated cities.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 28, 2018
Read this will because people in nigeria are starving to death.

Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia

Why I didn't invest in Afghanistan and Syria. It is for the simple fact that investors are people. Investors have spouses. Investors have children. They need hospitals and schools. Sometimes a playground to play.

Afghanistan and Syria are very bad places to invest. not because there are no opportunity there, but the opportunity cost is too high. You could get killed.

Some people are angry at me because I am going to Liberia to invest. They said people need jobs in Nigeria. That is true. Many people don't know that I have fought different types of forces in Nigeria. Customs, Immigration, Police, Governors, Area Boys, Fulani herdsmen, even the civil servants and even ordinary citizens. Actually, it is a wonder that I am still alive. It wasn't like some people would do, come to Nigeria for few weeks and go back to New York to their regular job. No, I was grinding it out in NIgeria, sometimes I stayed an entire year at a time. I even came with my bulletproof vest because some guys were shooting at it..

Yes, I know what some people are thinking. No, it wasn't spiritual attack, It is just a lot of bad people living in a chaotic and disorderly country. They put so much obstacles on the way of progress that it seems that is their calling for humanity.

After sometimes, it doesn't make any more sense to continue to risk one's live in the name of investment. hat is not investment but a suicide mission. Investment is not sentiments, it involved serious money earned through hard work by people. That is the same reason I didn't invest in Afghanistan or Syria.

Although, Nigerians needs investors, the place is not ready for investors. The citizens are not even thought on how to deal with investors.

Most countries of the world have policy on how their citizens deals with Investors because investors are people. For now, they are not safe in Nigeria. Nigerians need awakening of consciousness. People must wake up to their responsibilities because The Customs, Immigration, Police, Governors, Area Boys, Fulani herdsmen and the civil servants are all people.

till now my wife of almost 30 years still don't have a resident permit in Nigeria. It is always one story after the other.

All Nigerians must realised that the entire country is dragged down collectively through national effort and not just by one single individual.

So, I will try Liberia, maybe we can succeed there and spread the love to Nigeria later. However, if they behave like Nigerians I will stop investing in Africa for good. I am not bitter, but just a realist. Then I could say like Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh said:

"I have done my bit."

But, I still won't invest in Afghanistan or Syria.

https://m.facebook.com/AromsAigbehi/photos/a.160241647815285.1073741828.158338594672257/379730482533066/?type=3
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 28, 2018
Tatu City, Kiambu County, Kenya

Construction ongoing

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 28, 2018
TayserMahiri:
Nakuru, Kenya

We have small decent beautiful towns with few people but Nigeria has big old ugly overpopulated cities.

Undiluted truth... to all those still pushing their various businesses and pushing hard, Nigeria deserves you.

-A country where some people are paying Nepa to take light..
-A country where some people divert fuel just to sell black market..
-A country where traditional rulers would ask for millions for an organization to build road and schools for their community..
-A country where employers never acknowledge your strengths just so you would never be empowered to leave..
-A country where oil companies sabotage refineries just so their private filling stations would thrive..
-A country where the schools of the poor are neglected so as the wards to become tools to the rich.
-A country where the best brains get 240 above to secure admission while below average get less than half to secure same admission.
-A country where its security outfits only listens to the highest bidder.
-A country that the rich evade tax while the poor cant even run a business without multiple taxation.
-A country that an aspirant goes into position with just a home and comes out with 5 highrise, 30 duplex, 15 luxury cars, directorship in bluechip companies, 7 estates in a space of 4 years with a salary of less than N1m..
-A country where the poor are empowered with shoe shinning kits while the rich file their children on scholarships meant for militants, Idp's, brilliant minds, War soldiers, medicals for the poor etc..
- A country where the rule of law only works for the poor..
A country where dreams are killed even before they are hatched.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 28, 2018
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2018
TayserMahiri:
Mwale Medical & Technology City, Kakamega County, Western Kenya

Private investment by a local tycoon

Haiyyyya!? This is the first I'm hearing about a major project. My goodness! http://mwalemedicalandtechnologycity.com/Home.html

Phase 1 encompassed a multi-billion shopping and residential complex, Hamptons Mall, with Mwal-mart Supermarket as the anchor. The mall hosts Mwalmart supermarket, Hamptons Cafe bed and breakfast, showroom and more than 90,000 square feet of private residences.[8] Phase two commenced in June 2016 and ran to September 2017. This included the first section of 5,000 bed referral hospital, over 70 kilometers of roads, and more than 300 solar street lights. Phase 2 also included the first phase of 4,800 homes expected to host doctors and nurses. The final phase, from September 2017 to December 2020, includes the 36-hole golf resort and residences, an airport with the second shopping mall, a convention center and a water park connected to the hospital by a cable car. It will also have medical school, a technology park and a 144-megawatt gasification power plant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwale_Medical_and_Technology_City

DANGOTELANDERS,SEE REAL DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESS WITH INVESTORS AND LOCALS HAND IN HAND MOVING FORWARD WHILE YOU'RE BUILDING FAILED MONO RAILS AND WAITING FOR YOUR KING TO PAY FOR YOUR SUYA! BEHOLD!
Yes,that's a CGI but if its not standing in 2020,I know we'll be here to discuss.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 28, 2018
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 28, 2018
See lagos picture

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 28, 2018
See lagos picture2

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 28, 2018
See lagos picture 3

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 28, 2018
See lagos picture4

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 28, 2018
See lagos picture5

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.