Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6244439 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2018
theenchanter:
that's agbogbloshie in Ghana, it's not Onitsha.

Onitsha

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2018
Jay254:

Nigerians don't visit our forums they come to our country..

grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2018
MPSA:

Kenya is moving forward, I can see the image of this beautiful Sandton out of Nairobi, Well done Kenya grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNhAS3eFmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yta9RpFXJDk

I don't doubt the potential of Kenya, Nairobi is clean grin

S.A is still Africa's leader by far.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:43pm On May 30, 2018
I am not sure how far that nativity goes -In Kenya we have two scenario

1) Hinterland(mainland) slums .Most of slums in Kenya were established by Sudanese Immigrants - the Nubians whom the British brought as Army in most of East Africa - these people of course are not natives - so they couldn't get land and had to build those slums in gov reserve land - natives later joined them for cheap housing & livehood. Kibera & Mathare & Majengos in every Kenya towns - are Nubian - Kibra is Nubian word.

2) Coastal Towns are very similar to Nigeria- Here people have lived in the cities for centuries - upto maybe 1,000 yrs ago - we are talking Mombasa all the way to LAMU. Those towns have "old town" and "New town". But still the town is planned. You don't have old town spreading all over. People who live in Old towns are also required to re-generate the town - at very least they are required to re-paint their houses.

Our old towns are not slums...the houses are repainted - streets are cleaned - and they are not overcrowded dumps like Nigeria

For instance Mombasa old town - has never been a slum - like Nigeria slum cities.
Mombasa Old town in 15th Century.

Mombasa Old town now

Nowenuse:

Okay. Let us get the differences here. Cos I see that Kenyans have been echoing a misconception about Nigerian cities for a long time now.

In Nigeria, there is a very very strong indigeneship context. Every city or urban area has natives.
The natives of a city are not usually relocated in the expansion of a city. And this is what usually give rise to the poor areas and older sections of Nigerian cities which you guys think is the major definition of the city.

In Warri city where I live for instance, the modern parts of the city mostly dominated by non natives are very different from the slumish like houses in which most of the poorer natives live.

Look at this first picture below. It is from the city I live.

Can you see the B part of the picture? See how crowded and rusty the houses look? It is dominated by the natives. Look at the A part, can you see the difference?

NairobiWalker, Jay254, mtis, TayserMahiri, kikuyu1 et al

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:46pm On May 30, 2018
Jay254:

Onitsha
so many false assertions, SMH.

u don't just post pics at random n claim it to be what it's not.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:48pm On May 30, 2018
The Nairobi ICD-Inland Container Depot

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2018
nwoke37:

And those numbers are mostly in rural areas...

Does it really matter?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2018
NairobiWalker:

So according to you this is a decent estate? You're just outright dumb.

This guys make me feel like Kibera ain't aslum by what they say...

When rich Asians In Kenya are part of the super Rich they are not Kenyans but Indians despite being born and bread here.

When Arich Lebanese is in charge of Eko Atlantic, He is a Nigerian.

When a Kenyan Town is well organised and beautiful, its a City for the Rich.

This guys are just bitter.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:54pm On May 30, 2018
Mombasa Old town
http://www.sincerelycrys.com/7-unforgettable-moments-from-my-trip-to-mombasa/
On my first day in Mombasa, I spent the afternoon wandering through the streets of Old Town. Here, I admired the old buildings, learned some history, and saw kids playing in the narrow streets. Fort Jesus, mosques, and the shops/spice markets are among the things to see and experience in Old Town. I was also intrigued by the Indian and Arab influence on the architecture and culture. Even its diverse population of Arabs, Indians, and of course the Waswahili (Muslim Swahili) people was a surprise to me. Once I learned of the impact of its location, the diversity all began to make sense.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:54pm On May 30, 2018
Old town area in Mombasa,where the natives live!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2018
Jay254:

This guys make me feel like Kibera ain't aslum by what they say...

When rich Asians In Kenya are part of the super Rich they are not Kenyans but Indians despite being born and bread here.

When Arich Lebanese is in charge of Eko Atlantic, He is a Nigerian.

When a Kenyan Town is well organised and beautiful, its a City for the Rich.

This guys are just bitter.

They are funny dudes. They come here and swear there are no slums in Nigeria whilst they keep regurgitating the same photos of Kibera and Mathare yet almost all their cities are slums.
Onitsha
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724671_oni1_jpegb5851e96fac17733f187ee8805af6752
Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724655_enuguslum1_jpeg44135297e945c466606d6caef1eae590
Aba
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724656_ariaria_jpegaa3ee344d82a1c2287215aab1a2fd217
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724664_aba4_jpeg068f3df5da76a49ba730edfc4e12d878

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724657_aba3_jpeg8729fb00f4dbf22072d4806eb61d053b

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:59pm On May 30, 2018
Lamu-Swahili architecture !

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2018
Nowenuse:

Okay. Let us get the differences here. Cos I see that Kenyans have been echoing a misconception about Nigerian cities for a long time now.

In Nigeria, there is a very very strong indigeneship context. Every city or urban area has natives.
The natives of a city are not usually relocated in the expansion of a city. And this is what usually give rise to the poor areas and older sections of Nigerian cities which you guys think is the major definition of the city.

In Warri city where I live for instance, the modern parts of the city mostly dominated by non natives are very different from the slumish like houses in which most of the poorer natives live.

Can you see the B part of the picture? See how crowded and rusty the houses look? It is dominated by the natives. Look at the A part, can you see the difference?

I always say old is Gold what you need is to have agood Maintainance culture..

In Kenya old towns of Mombasa and Lamu are protected by UNESCO World Heritage sites. Yet the place is beautiful and crowded with tourist from around the world.

The states or govt in Nigeria should get involved in this.. Kano should be one of the most visited places in Africa... But it's in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:03pm On May 30, 2018
NairobiWalker:

They are funny dudes. They come here and swear there are no slums in Nigeria whilst they keep regurgitating the same photos of Kibera and Mathare yet almost all their cities are slums.
Onitsha
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724671_oni1_jpegb5851e96fac17733f187ee8805af6752
Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724655_enuguslum1_jpeg44135297e945c466606d6caef1eae590
Aba
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724656_ariaria_jpegaa3ee344d82a1c2287215aab1a2fd217
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724664_aba4_jpeg068f3df5da76a49ba730edfc4e12d878

Enyimba
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724657_aba3_jpeg8729fb00f4dbf22072d4806eb61d053b

That's how you know these Kenyans are jokes,
They called Enyimba a city grin grin grin grin

It's a football team grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:03pm On May 30, 2018
Old towns - except in Nigeria - is not dirt - it's more narrow streets and really old (centuries building)
Mombasa Old Town - dating many centuries
[img]http://2.bp..com/-mmAOoUokUfw/VVI-LiycVCI/AAAAAAAADZ8/IzDBRk6IA0k/s1600/MB4.jpg[/img]

However old - you still need to paint a fresh coat of paint
[img]https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/old-town-of-mombasa-picture-id519985948[/img]

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:05pm On May 30, 2018
Nowenuse:

So, next time before you guys conclude the entire Nigerian cities as being slums, kindly use your google maps and access the length and breadth of the city.

Except for cities like Ibadan, Kano and Abeokuta where the natives occupy a very large part of the city, thereby making the older sections of the city large in comparison to the modern parts. Other Nigerian cities have an extremely larger part of it being modern and occupied by non-natives.

In Nigeria, only Abuja city which was entirely built from the scratch had all it's natives completely relocated and all the lands in the city being confiscated by the govt and every single housing unit within the city being built by the government and estate developers.
But even at that

Other Nigerian cities only have sections of the city being developed by the government and estate developers while the original natives of the city have ownership over the remainder of the city.

This is why full blown slums are very difficult in Nigerian urban areas cos housing is cheaper as ordinary individuals have access to lands to build houses.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2018
nwoke37:

That's how you know these Kenyans are jokes,
They called Enyimba a city grin grin grin grin

It's a football team grin grin

The City is Aba, my bad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:08pm On May 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Old towns - except in Nigeria - is not dirt - it's more narrow streets and really old (centuries building)
Mombasa Old Town - dating many centuries
[img]http://2.bp..com/-mmAOoUokUfw/VVI-LiycVCI/AAAAAAAADZ8/IzDBRk6IA0k/s1600/MB4.jpg[/img]

Mombasa Old Town resembles spanish and Portuguess cities. Always clean with narrow streets.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 8:10pm On May 30, 2018
Welcome to the shithole-Chale Island Kenya!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 8:19pm On May 30, 2018
Kenya's properties!One of the best in Africa in terms of real estate market development!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2018
Nyeri Town

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2018
Nyeri Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2018
Tafaria Castle Nyeri

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2018
NYERI T

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nelxxy(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2018
a

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2018
Nyeri b

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2018
Nyerri t

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2018
Jay254:

S.A is still Africa's leader by far.
I agree with you, Sandton it's still new and attractive, But traveling 15 km to this city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HghCo7AkCHQ, Johannesburg is where you are going to experience some bad areas, especially hillbrow, I can't mention why that part of Johannesburg is bad like that, But some said it's more beautiful compare to Lagos, But I'm not sure about this rumors grin But other parts of Johannesburg like Park Town, Marshall Town and others are still in a good shape grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2018
Embu Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2018
Embu Town

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2018
MPSA:

I agree with you, Sandton it's still new and attractive, But traveling 15 km to this city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HghCo7AkCHQ, Johannesburg is where you are going to experience some bad areas, especially hillbrow, I can't mention why that part of Johannesburg is bad like that, But some said it's more beautiful compare to Lagos, But I'm not sure about this rumors grin But other parts of Johannesburg like Park Town, Marshall Town and others are still in a good shape grin

That is the biggest let town of Joburg, the runaway crime in some part of the city..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.