Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6242241 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:03am On Jun 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:04am On Jun 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:09am On Jun 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:10am On Jun 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:10am On Jun 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Rosslyn Heights

Rosslyn Springs

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:11am On Jun 13, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:12am On Jun 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:13am On Jun 13, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:15am On Jun 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:16am On Jun 13, 2018
Muthaiga

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:17am On Jun 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Highgrove - Lower Kabete

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:26am On Jun 13, 2018
jaycent:
Post your rubbish Nairobi let the whole world see and stop talking trash!!.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nyaber334: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2018
gallivant:

i love driving on this road , sometimes i hit 160 km/h without knowing im going that fast
i hear the curves were designed for speeds of up to 200km/h

original drone video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1W3hOmZcf4
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2018
gallivant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVas88yBy6Q

Nyayo estate is overwhelmingly clean and organized!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
gallivant:

More beautiful than their boring Abuja many times... grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:10am On Jun 13, 2018
darfay:

I dey talk A u dey talk B. I would make sure your Nigerian slave master whips some sense into that kiwi polish you call brain. Seriously I think this slave has too much time on his hands that would be corrected when next I go slave shopping in Ghana
weve given you guys a chance to know what civilization is.
If you joke , we will coil back the rope
Bleach from the dark concentration camp
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
oh this Ghana must go na u? Dem don bust ur identity now.
We have no issues with Ghana cus it's the 37th Nigerian state.
this one is either high in Tramadol or codeine
Does Ghana look like a dysfunctional place to you ?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:21am On Jun 13, 2018
wizmikeee:

oh really I didn't know dude
grin angry grin don't mind them
They usually don't have brains
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2018
Just30:
grin angry grin don't mind them
They usually don't have brains
The Kenyans have been here making fun of your car industry, Nigerians came to your rescue, and yet you came here to attack us? make una dey get sense nah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Facts are stubborn things. You don't need a crowd like this is some political rally. Facts can defend themselves.

Innosson & Kantarack (sp) - are shitty pieces of crap - who do not manufacture anything.
1) They import COUNTERFEIT cars from shitty chinese manufacturers - which is illegal in many countries - because those cars are bad copies of popular models of Toyotas or Fords.

2) They re-badge those cars and fraudelent passes them as "Made in Ghana or Nigeria" - another serious illegality activity.

3) They re-export re-badged counterfeit cars to other unsuspecting banana republics of west africa - another serious violation of international trade laws.

Now dial back to AFCT in Rwanda - Nigeria refused to sign - and the main reason they said - their experience in ECOWAS has been so bad because of this kind of dishonesty - where West Africans - import finished chinese goods, re-packaged them as Made in Togo or Ghana or Benin - get DUTY FREE market access to Nigeria - and end up unfairly competing with their industries - forcing many of them to close.

That kind of nonsense doesn't happen in COMESA or EAC - because the issuance of "Certificate of Origin" & the determination of local content is RIGOROUS.

It's not okay to import 1) counterfeit substandard finished goods from Chinese that flout all WTO/IP rules and 2) it not okay to damage the reputation of entire manufacturing industry by promoting such cheats.

Now fool - go get a crowd (you have 2M nigerians here including bots) to support you.

Daejoyoung:

The Kenyans have been here making fun of your car industry, Nigerians came to your rescue, and yet you came here to attack us? make una dey get sense nah.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2018
nwoke39:

I was talking about this

https://ameyawdebrah.com/revealed-meet-nigerian-tycoons-running-ghanas-economy/

A Nigerian was the country manager for GlaxoSmithKline Ghana

NairobiWalker
so
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2018
This is Kunmi Otitoju’s story of working at Goldman Sachs (along with other big corporations around the globe) to following her dream of launching Minku – a boutique fashion startup in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nigeria came to who's rescue
Guy , park well with your grandiose grin grin grin
do you even have an automobile industry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Minku, founded in 2011, specializes in clothing and leather goods for men and women. Each Minku item carries subtle cultural codes of Nigerian life.

Aso-oke, a fabric woven on hand looms in the founder's home region of South-Western Nigeria, plays protagonist in several of the items: whether re-imagined as a men's hoodie, or lining the interior of the brand's notebooks and leather accessories.

Minku design has been referred to by Forbes as African Hermes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Now that we are ready to discuss Automotive Industry in Africa (specifically SUB-SAHARAN) - definitely South Africa - has Africa most advanced car industry - producing I think more than half a million M cars annually - mostly Toyotas & BMWs & VWs.

I am not sure btw Kenya & Nigeria (ignore Innoson) who comes second after RSA - my bet is kenya - with production capacity of around 15,000 cars....a far cry from South Africa.

Outside sub-sahara - Morocco & Algeria - trail South Africa & produces lots of cars mainly for Europe Market. I am sure desperate Nigerians on leaky drowning boats across the Mediterranean can attest to seeing Moroccoan made cars happily swimming to Europe grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:59am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp2018:
Boss, what more apart from simple division do you need.200b divided by 150m should give you LDC per capita like TZ or Ethiopia.If you pick any index or indicator that is not denominated by Nigeria cooked GDP..Nigeria sits comfortably in bottom 20 with other LDC.The law of average therefore corroborate our estimation of nigeria GDP and it per capita makes her a Least Developed Country.

You're right ofc, but I divided my own estimate of 250 bn $ by 180 mn Dangotelanders for around 1400$ seemed too low. I trust your 200 bn$ GDP though,given your proven skills along with your estimate of 150 mn pop giving a lower GDP per capita of 1300 $. Most place our own GDP per capita nominal at around 1800-2000 $.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:59am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp2018:
Now that we are ready to discuss Automotive Industry in Africa (specifically SUB-SAHARAN) - definitely South Africa - has Africa most advanced car industry - producing I think more than half a million M cars annually - mostly Toyotas & BMWs & VWs.

I am not sure btw Kenya & Nigeria (ignore Innoson) who comes second after RSA - my bet is kenya - with production capacity of around 15,000 cars....a far cry from South Africa.
Don't delude yourself, Kenyans don't produce or even assemble cars, perhaps you are waiting for foreigners to do it for you first.
Nigerians produce everything, from cars to laptops, phones and even tractors. The next man in my story is an example, take a deep breadth and wait for it, l have time for you today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2018
Meet the Tryctor: A motorbike-turned-tractor targeting small farmers in Nigeria

It was knowledge of this that prompted Nigerian automobile designer Olufemi Odeleye to spend nearly 10 years developing the prototype for a low-cost, multipurpose, mini tractor – created with the Nigerian, and African, small-scale farmer in mind. His invention, dubbed the Tryctor, has been adapted from the traditional motorcycle and caught the attention of the Nigerian government which is currently piloting the solution among farmers. And this year Odeleye and his Tryctor won the Innovation Prize for Africa.

PUBLISHED BY KATE DOUGLAS ON 31 MAY 2016

Meet the Tryctor: A motorbike-turned-tractor targeting small farmers in Nigeria
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Nigerian automobile designer Olufemi Odeleye spend near 10 years developing a low-cost, multipurpose, mini tractor – created with the African small-scale farmer in mind.
Nigerian automobile designer Olufemi Odeleye spent nearly 10 years developing a low-cost, multipurpose, mini tractor – created with the African small-scale farmer in mind.

While Nigeria’s agriculture sector employs the majority of the population and has a large contribution towards GDP, its true potential has yet to be unlocked.

The UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) estimates that only half of the country’s 71 million hectares of arable land is being cultivated, with irrigation on just 7% of irrigable land. And over the years local food production has not been able to keep up with population growth, resulting in rising food imports and prices. In fact, recent statistics reveal that Nigeria is spending ₦1.3tr ($6.5bn) annually importing food.

Part of the challenge is at least 80% of the country’s food is being produced by small-scale and subsistence farmers, who struggle to increase production. Most live in poverty and do not have the finances to improve farming yields through mechanisation. As a result they are forced to cultivate the land by hand and battle to move beyond subsistence.

It was knowledge of this that prompted Nigerian automobile designer Olufemi Odeleye to spend nearly 10 years developing the prototype for a low-cost, multipurpose, mini tractor – created with the Nigerian, and African, small-scale farmer in mind. His invention, dubbed the Tryctor, has been adapted from the traditional motorcycle and caught the attention of the Nigerian government which is currently piloting the solution among farmers. And this year Odeleye and his Tryctor are up for the Innovation Prize for Africa.

Make do with what you have

Odeleye spent years working for the automotive industry in the UK before returning to Nigeria with the hope of using his skills to benefit his home country.

“I identified the need to contribute to the number one Millennium Development Goal – to eradicate extreme hunger and poverty. I studied automobile design in the UK and on my return to Nigeria I started looking for ways in which I could contribute.”

His grandfather had been a farmer and Odeleye knew that unlocking the country’s agricultural potential could play a key role in eradicating poverty and hunger. Then, in 2004, he got the idea for the Tryctor while sitting in Nigerian traffic and watching hundreds of motorcycles zigzag around vehicles.

“It has always been my design philosophy that you should use things you have at your disposal to solve problems. So I saw the motorbikes and I thought I should be able to use them to do something… When I got home I immediately put pen to paper and did some sketches and modified a motorbike and about a month later I made a prototype, which was basically the first of seven prototypes,” he explained.

“And that is how I started. I saw that opportunity; it came to me in a light-bulb moment.”

The final solution is a three-wheel mini-tractor with tyres suitable for farming and a 30-horsepower engine that can be used as a generator. Alterations to a motorbike’s chassis and gearing system means it operates similarly to a traditional tractor, and it comes with various farming implements – a disc plough, harrow and trailer – which can be attached to improve production, supply markets and ultimate increase revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Ladi Delano is a 35-year old Nigerian serial entrepreneur who made his first million as a liquor entrepreneur while living in China.

Today, Delano is the co-founder and CEO of Bakrie Delano Africa (BDA) – a $1 billion joint venture with the Bakrie Group of Indonesia. Bakrie Delano Africa stands as the Bakrie Groups’ investment partner in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018
250B - would mean they are 3 times Kenya's GDP - which isn't far off - but in many indicators - I see they are way off - so yes I betting a low of 150B - and high of 250B - that averages around $200B economy. It of course hard to believe that Nigeria economy tops Algeria economy.

Their population like their GDP is cooked. I think anything btw 150-200M - or around 175B.

So on average I'd wager a 200B dollar economy divided by 175M - about $1,140 per capita - just at the very tip of Least Develop Country - that explain why 60% of them are poor - with more than 80M absolutely poor.

kikuyu1:

You're right ofc, but I divided my own estimate of 250 bn $ by 180 mn Dangotelanders for around 1400$ seemed too low. I trust your 200 bn$ GDP though,given your proven skills along with your estimate of 150 mn pop giving a lower GDP per capita of 1300 $. Most place our own GDP per capita nominal at around 1800-2000 $.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.