Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,259 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6281696 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) (1878) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Don't delude yourself, Kenyans don't produce or even assemble cars , perhaps you are waiting for foreigners to do it for you first.
Nigerians produce everything, from cars to laptops, phones and even tractors. The next man in my story is an example, take a deep breadth and wait for it, l have time for you today.

Kenya..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2018
This is beyond your paygrade. You won't even know what manufacturing is if it hits your face.
Daejoyoung:

Don't delude yourself, Kenyans don't produce or even assemble cars, perhaps you are waiting for foreigners to do it for you first.
Nigerians produce everything, from cars to laptops, phones and even tractors. The next man in my story is an example, take a deep breadth and wait for it, l have time for you today.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2018
mtis:

Kenya..
So is this assembling or production? because the likes of lnnoson, Proforce, etc all have these plants and yet you insist it's just assembling alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

So is this assembling or production? because the likes of lnnoson, Proforce, etc all have these plants and yet you insist it's just assembling alone.
You said Kenya don't produce or even assemble cars .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:18am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp20182:
Unfortunately for you nobody really bother to dig out where these desperate Nigerians emanate from - north north or south south smiley those Nigeria terms really tickle me every time I hear. Now you're going to tell you're come from middle of middle of middle belt - which also happen to be in middle of northern - which also is Nigeria north?

Nigeria is divided into basically 6 regions by geo-political zones. 3 to the south and 3 to the north.
These dividing lines have a lot of cultural differences and differences in reasoning/outlook to life.

I won't talk about the 3 divisions of the south.

However, for the north, we have the North-west (also known as the core-north and this is dominated by the Hausas and Hausanized fulanis, they are overwhelmingly muslim in population and extremists muslims too) .

The North-central (also known as Middlebelt region) is dominated by minority ethnic groups who are predominantly Christians and liberal predominantly educated muslims. This is the region I am from.

The last region the North-east region is like a hybrid region between the north-west and middlebelt. Divided between Hausa-fulanis, christian and muslim minorities, both extremist and liberal muslims.

Sometimes the north-central (middlebelt) is not regarded as northern Nigeria. It is regarded as central Nigeria, but when we go back to colonial identities of the old northern/southern protectorate divisions, it falls under northern Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

We've proved your Innoson is fake,nigga! Rvp20182 showed you all the receipts-[b]he explained it to you but unfortunately he can't understand it for you! [/b]You,Dangotelanders haven't learned an enduring life lesson.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Sounds complicated.Basically all those regions you describe exist "nowhere" - officially Nigeria is divided into 36 states.. It's more accurate to divide Nigeria first by religion - muslim north & christian south. Then by 3 tribes - Igbo & related (christian - South East -Biafra- Oil), Yoruba & related (mixed -muslims & christian - South West - Lagos), Hausa & related (muslim -north - Abuja-KANO - Boko-haram - fulani cattle herders).

Nowenuse:

Nigeria is divided into basically 6 regions by geo-political zones. 3 to the south and 3 to the north.
These dividing lines have a lot of cultural differences and differences in reasoning/outlook to life.

I won't talk about the 3 divisions of the south.

However, for the north, we have the North-west (also known as the core-north and this is dominated by the Hausas and Hausanized fulanis, they are overwhelmingly muslim in population and extremists muslims too) .

The North-central (also known as Middlebelt region) is dominated by minority ethnic groups who are predominantly Christians and liberal predominantly educated muslims. This is the region I am from.

The last region the North-east region is like a hybrid region between the north-west and middlebelt. Divided between Hausa-fulanis, christian and muslim minorities, both extremist and liberal muslims.

Sometimes the north-central (middlebelt) is not regarded as northern Nigeria. It is regarded as central Nigeria, but when we go back to colonial identities of the old northern/southern protectorate divisions, it falls under northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:25am On Jun 13, 2018
kikuyu1:

We've proved your Innoson is fake,nigga! Rvp20182 showed you all the receipts-[b]he explained it to you but unfortunately he can't understand it for you! [/b]You,Dangotelanders haven't learned an enduring life lesson.
rvp2018 didn't prove anything, he was just blabbing as usual with half knowledge. There's nothing fake about lnnoson, his plant is there at Nnewi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:30am On Jun 13, 2018
You claim he manufacture 70% of those car - please kindly show me ONE SINGLE PATENT he has filled. Nigeria you know has ZERO patent filled at WTO grin grin

And if you don't like hearing from a Kenyan - here are fellow Nigerians on nairaland tearing it apart
https://www.nairaland.com/1893524/inside-innoson-auto-factory/3

Kindly learn to manufacture a bolt - before you go for high tech manufacturing - that China is not even there yet.

Daejoyoung:

rvp2018 didn't prove anything, he was just blabbing as usual with half knowledge. There's nothing fake about lnnoson, his plant is there at Nnewi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

rvp2018 didn't prove anything, he was just blabbing as usual with half knowledge. There's nothing fake about lnnoson , his plant is there at Nnewi.

Innoson Lied: Admits to spreading false information about GTBank and court judgment grin grin grin grin

Innoson has today admitted that there was no Supreme Court Judgement Against GTBank. After falsely claiming a victory at the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Chairman of Innoson Motors, Dr. Innocent Chukwuma has admitted to completely distorting the directive of the Supreme Court and publicly apologised for spreading fake and malicious news. Innoson had earlier deleted his declaration on social media that the apex court has ordered GTBank to pay him N14bn within 14 days.

This was followed by a statement by his spokesman Cornelius Osigwe in which Innoson walked back from his false declaration stating instead that “There have been a lot of misinterpretations on the Press Release published by Innoson Group on the decision of the Supreme Court”. This retraction, judicial analysts believe, was advised by Innoson’s lawyers who fear that contempt of court charges on defaming the Supreme Court may be brought against the embattled businessman.

Fake guys all the way

https://nairametrics.com/innoson-lied-admits-to-spreading-false-information-about-gtbank-and-court-judgment/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2018
After pulling "made in Nigeria" re-badged counterfeit chinese car - clearly he is now a remarkable con-man.
[quot e author=mtis post=68436206]
Innoson Lied: Admits to spreading false information about GTBank and court judgment grin grin grin grin

Innoson has today admitted that there was no Supreme Court Judgement Against GTBank. After falsely claiming a victory at the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Chairman of Innoson Motors, Dr. Innocent Chukwuma has admitted to completely distorting the directive of the Supreme Court and publicly apologised for spreading fake and malicious news. Innoson had earlier deleted his declaration on social media that the apex court has ordered GTBank to pay him N14bn within 14 days.

This was followed by a statement by his spokesman Cornelius Osigwe in which Innoson walked back from his false declaration stating instead that “There have been a lot of misinterpretations on the Press Release published by Innoson Group on the decision of the Supreme Court”. This retraction, judicial analysts believe, was advised by Innoson’s lawyers who fear that contempt of court charges on defaming the Supreme Court may be brought against the embattled businessman.

Fake guys all the way

https://nairametrics.com/innoson-lied-admits-to-spreading-false-information-about-gtbank-and-court-judgment/[/quote]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2018
mtis:

Fake guys all the way

https://nairametrics.com/innoson-lied-admits-to-spreading-false-information-about-gtbank-and-court-judgment/
l don't have the complete details on lnnoson, Nwoke would help you with that, but he's not even the only one with this kind of business in Nigeria, so l wonder why you guys are so fixated on him alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2018
obaaderemi:
I have been to the core north and I know they can pull themselves out of poverty when they are ready. They've got this massive agricultural potential that if hinged to agro-allied industries can really help them. And like you rightly pointed out they need to do something about the kind of culture which limits them and pulls down the rest of Nigeria statistically. They need to embrace modernity.

Sometimes, you just don't understand these core-northernerns and their ways.
Do you know that some of them you see on the streets looking poor are actually millionaires? I was shocked the day I was at an ATM queue and one of them who looks like a typical Mai ruwa came to check his account balance and it was running in the millions. I thought I was the only one who has experienced this, until I heard many other people saying something similar at different times.

Their problem is just lack of western education and this highly class-based society of theirs. Apart from farming, these people are also very good traders!
Do you know how much they make in sales for foodstuffs they transport down to the south to sell?

We middlebelters tend to be poor in trading skills. These core-northerners come to buy our farm products from the village markets very cheap and transport them elsewhere and make huge profits from the labour of our people.

Here's the reason why they hardly leave poverty. 2 poor rural northern youths, one from the middlebelt and the other from the core-north make it to the city and make their first 200k.
The core-northerner would rather prefer to go and marry a new wife and give birth to more children while the middlebelter who would have obviously finished secondary school before he left for the city would go back to his place to further his education or re-invest that money into something else to make more money. Marriage would definitely come later.

They just have this belief that some people were destined to be rich while others were destined to be poor. And if you were born amongst the latter, don't try to fight your poverty, just continue therein and pass it to the next generation.

Many core-northern leaders are now giving preference to western education, so let's see how it plays out for them.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2018
I've been here since 2012. Its been an interesting journey. I've learned many things and notices some worrying issues which are actually deep pathologies played out here that are writ large on Dangoteland's socio culture. I first saw it in 2013 when the notorious Chinedu was deported to Lagos and used his money to detain the plane and Kenyan crew.
Everyone here clapped and ululated in outrage threatening to invade Kenya! Look!

https://www.nairaland.com/1318823/nigerian-deportee-kenya-narrates-ordeal

How i wish our govt will do every thing possible to save this guy. I bet u, if Nigeria engage them in political row,they will kneel down and beg their big brother. They shld ask SA and ghana. Tears roll down my cheek. Please lets make noise until his matter is addressed. Thanks my fellow nigerians, thanks seun,thanks nairaland.

my memories of East Africa all i see is Masai, so these nak ed bush dwellers have started insulting our businessmen abroad

I thought it was just,well 'boyish 'talk,A limited understanding of adult issues combined with jingoism and didn't bother responding. The longer I stayed the more I saw this mentality,a contempt for others,a deliberate denigration of their achievements and abilities. Regularly insults and vituperation are hurled at Ghanaians, South Africans and now us-all cause the most childish fairy tales make them believe they're actually Global Players,economically and politically.
Imo,Dangotelanders should be thanking us for disabusing them of dangerous delusions and mirages. I wouldn't hold my breath ,though.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2018
Listen to fellow Nigerian - INNOSON doesn't ASSEMBLE SHIET

Let us not be patriotic to the point of foolishness. A discerning mind will surely know that Innoson is a coupling plant and no where near an assembly plant talk less a manufacturing plant. It is the same concept we have with motor bikes. The components are made, packaged and brought to Nigeria for coupling. Simple.
It is no where near the VWON and PAN we had in the 80's.
However, this does not negate the economic derivatives like employment and technological knowledge that come with this venture.
It is also necessary to compare the cost of importing fully built units of these vehicles to the coupled ones so that we dont cheat ourselves.

Daejoyoung:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2018
254tobby:

More beautiful than their boring Abuja many times... grin
In your dream I guess. It is disrespectful to the great and planned city of Abuja to compare it with Nairobi.
The Abuja pictures we posted here dusted and floored that slum and concentration camp called Nairobi yet you folks wouldn't rest.
Mr Seun, as a matter of urgency employ these jobless Kibera villagers to work in Nairaland.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Nowenuse:

Sometimes, you just don't understand these core-northernerns and their ways.
Do you know that some of them you see on the streets looking poor are actually millionaires? I was shocked the day I was at an ATM queue and one of them who looks like a typical Mai ruwa came to check his account balance and it was running in the millions. I thought I was the only one who has experienced this, until I heard many other people saying something similar at different times.

Their problem is just lack of western education and this highly class-based society of theirs. Apart from farming, these people are also very good traders!
Do you know how much they make in sales for foodstuffs they transport down to the south to sell?

We middlebelters tend to be poor in trading skills. These core-northerners come to buy our farm products from the village markets very cheap and transport them elsewhere and make huge profits from the labour of our people.

Here's the reason why they hardly leave poverty. 2 poor rural northern youths, one from the middlebelt and the other from the core-north make it to the city and make their first 200k.
The core-northerner would rather prefer to go and marry a new wife and give birth to more children while the middlebelter who would have obviously finished secondary school before he left for the city would go back to his place to further his education or re-invest that money into something else to make more money. Marriage would definitely come later.

They just have this belief that some people were destined to be rich while others were destined to be poor. And if you were born amongst the latter, don't try to fight your poverty, just continue therein and pass it to the next generation.

Many core-northern leaders are now giving preference to western education, so let's see how it plays out for them.
The Core Northerners have very good sense of business, but we don't know because we look down on them due to the general illiteracy there, if only they would embrace education they would produce a few more Abdul's and Dangote's.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:51am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp2018:
You claim he manufacture 70% of those car - please kindly show me ONE SINGLE PATENT he has filled. Nigeria you know has ZERO patent filled at WTO grin grin

And if you don't like hearing from a Kenyan - here are fellow Nigerians on nairaland tearing it apart

Kindly learn to manufacture a bolt - before you go for high tech manufacturing - that China is not even there yet.

You are only deceiving yourself, that was 2014. Note when lnnoson started it was more like coupling, l don't know much about lnnoson now or his case with gtb bank, but the man has grown in his business big time, and now it's more like manufacturing, though of course he still imports parts from China (but even that is to be expected).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:51am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp2018:
Sounds complicated.Basically all those regions you describe exist "nowhere" - officially Nigeria is divided into 36 states.. It's more accurate to divide Nigeria first by religion - muslim north & christian south. Then by 3 tribes - Igbo & related (christian - South East -Biafra- Oil), Yoruba & related (mixed -muslims & christian - South West - Lagos), Hausa & related (muslim -north - Abuja-KANO - Boko-haram - fulani cattle herders).

Ok, suit yourself in your delusion. I am telling you about the true divisions in my country and you are telling me nonsense here.
Abuja is not in a muslim dominated area. Most of the indigenous people of Abuja are christians and they are not Hausa people. They even had a fierce clash with Hausas not too long ago.

You cannot divide Nigeria into religions because there are tens of millions of muslims in the south and tens of millions of christians in the north.
Boko haram is a north-eastern problem, they hardly reach Kano (north-west). Boko haram members are not even Hausas by tribe. They are predominantly Kanuri by tribe.
Only like 5% or even less of Boko haram attacks reach Hausa land.

You can see how much you think you know something but you know nothing?

There are about 25 million Southern ethnic minorities who are neither Igbos nor Yorubas and do not want to be associated with either.

Stick to your Kenyan county classifications if you know you are not interested in learning about Nigeria's geography but arguing rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

The Core Northerners have very good sense of business, but we don't know because we look down on them due to the general illiteracy there, if only they would embrace education they would produce a few more Abdul's and Dangote's.

Funny the so called illiterates control Nigerian politics. But the smarties (southerners) grin are the one drowning in Mediterranean following the oyibos (Whom they desperately claim they hate)

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2018
mtis:

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, has attributed the excessive quest by Nigerian youths to engage in illegal migration to poverty and unemployment.

The Emir made the remark on Thursday in Kano when the President and members of Pan African Institute for Global Affairs and Strategy (PAIGAS) paid him a courtesy visit.

Yet his own Hausa fulani people who are a stone throw away from the desert and are the poorest people in Nigeria still do not make this dangerous journey.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp20182:
Example 3; HACO Industries ( bought by Tiger Brands of South Africa) - Lead in East & Central Africa in FMCG - owned by Chris Kirubi (one of kenya billionaires)
Some products include

Owner:

Are you not ashamed of telling lies? What is a picture of Palmer's cocoa butter doing there?

Palmer's is an American company for crying out loud! Since when did it become Kenyan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Dude stop disgracing Kenya here, these type of businesses are in almost every country. Gosh.

Don't mind the liar. There are countless skin beauty products produced by Nigerians.
I wonder how these guys take pride in such nonsense!

And he is even posting fake products. Palmer's products are American.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2018
Kenya FMCG have their own brands and also manufacture brands of leading companies - on contract - they don't go to china - get counterfeit substandard products & re-package it - and claim to manufacture them like most of Nigerian conmen "industrialist" do.

Haco Industries is a manufacturer of consumer products. The company has a strong product portfolio of international and local brands, including Societe Bic, (Ballpoint pens, shaving instruments, high profile pens), Alberto-Culver, USA (TCB, Motions, St. Ives), Imperial Dax, USA (Dax Pomade, Lanolin, Kocatah), E.T Browne Inc., USA (Palmers) and Jeyes, UK.

Haco industries was bought recently by Tiger Brands of South Africa --- and it's very likely whenever rich Nigerians buy from Shoprite - they are buying made in Kenya goods. The nigerian "middle class" apparently shop in their kiosk buying re-packed sub-standard counter-feit chinese goods.

Nowenuse:

Are you not ashamed of telling lies? What is a picture of Palmer's cocoa butter doing there?

Palmer's is an American company for crying out loud! Since when did it become Kenyan?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

My man, brands of soap and body creams are in almost all countries by local business men, not just in Kenya or your small East Africa. l believe the Kenyans here are even ashamed. lf these brands are that big then why are they only in East Africa? Dominating the East African market and some parts of Central Africa is not a big deal. Nigeria has so many of her brands too, but isn't it shameful that you think this is an acheivement for Kenya.

Thank you.

I have one question to ask all the Kenyans here. I have asked this question in the past and did not get a reply till now.

Can Kenyans show us any Kenyan products or services in the Nigerian or even West African market?

How does Kenya affect the life of the every day Nigerian?
Any Kenyan companies in Nigeria? Or even West Africa?
Anything?

TayserMahiri to kikuyu, NairobiWalker, mtis, jonraid, Jay254, rvp20182, sHOTdownHawk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2018
We already did this - use the search function.
Nowenuse:

Thank you.

I have one question to ask all the Kenyans here. I have asked this question in the past and did not get a reply till now.

Can Kenyans show us any Kenyan products or services in the Nigerian or even West African market?

How does Kenya affect the life of the every day Nigerian?
Any Kenyan companies in Nigeria? Or even West Africa?
Anything?

TayserMahiri to kikuyu, NairobiWalker, mtis, jonraid, Jay254, rvp20182, sHOTdownHawk
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Just30:
this one is either high in Tramadol or codeine
Does Ghana look like a dysfunctional place to you ?
dysfunctional yet we dey run things for una country, we don make am our 37th state. Clown!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2018
rvp2018:
Kenya FMCG have their own brands and also manufacture brands of leading companies - on contract - they don't go to china - get counterfeit substandard products & re-package it - and claim to manufacture them like most of Nigerian conmen "industrialist" do.

Haco Industries is a manufacturer of consumer products. The company has a strong product portfolio of international and local brands, including Societe Bic, (Ballpoint pens, shaving instruments, high profile pens), Alberto-Culver, USA (TCB, Motions, St. Ives), Imperial Dax, USA (Dax Pomade, Lanolin, Kocatah), E.T Browne Inc., USA (Palmers) and Jeyes, UK.

Haco industries was bought recently by Tiger Brands of South Africa --- and it's very likely whenever rich Nigerians buy from Shoprite - they are buying made in Kenya good. The nigerian "middle class" apparently shop in their kiosk.

So, do Kenyan business men lack ingenuity to the extent that all they do is reproduce American products?

This doesn't make any sense to me. Nigerians take pride in our own products which was started from the scratch by our own business men and not the reproduction of American businesses. That is thrash!

If I had not caught you and exposed you here now, you would have not brought out this long epistle to explain that all you guys do is reproduce American businesses.

Shame!

Mind you, Nigeria's middleclass and even many low income Nigerians have upgraded to online shopping and left you Kenyans stuck in the era of malls which began about a century ago.
You guys should join the train of the 21st century and make Jumia (the Nigerian owned no 1 online shop in Kenya and the entire Africa richer) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2018
nwoke39:

yet manufacturing is bigger in Nigeria than Kenya... Yet the richest man on the continent was made from manufacturing in Nigeria

Keep on fooling yourself the richest man in africa made his money and the buk of his money by importation and collapsing the economy. Look at your cities today look at your country today and I think why are you so backwards is it it your richest man is causing your suffering today
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
dysfunctional yet we dey run things for una country, we don make am our 37th state. Clown!

HOW MANY NIGERIAN BUSINESS ARE IN GHANA

Nigeria topped the list of countries with the largest value of investments registered, whiles China continues its market aggression on the continent, commanding the top position of countries with the highest number of projects registered in the country. The Nigeria business interest in Ghana spread across different sectors of the economy. These include areas like Banking, Insurance, Telecoms, Oil and Gas, Trade and Commerce, Manufacturing, Aviation, ICT, Eateries, Churches and Hospitality businesses. In addition to these sectors we have a huge population of Nigeria Students in Ghana studying in various tertiary institutions across the country. The population of Nigerian students studying in Ghana can conservatively be estimated to be about 5,000, but in actual fact they could be much more than that considering the craving for knowledge in that country.

Economic Benefits from Nigerian Businesses.

Let me start with the Nigerians studying in Ghana. These students are categorized as foreign students and expectedly their school fees are priced in hard currency. If we estimate that each student pays average of US$3,000 per academic session (many of them pay much higher than that) in terms of inflow to the country, Ghana receives about US$15m yearly in form of school fees and levies from Nigerian students in the country. This does not include amount spent as monthly maintenance, upkeeps and rents which will almost double that same figure of US$15m. In total, the Nigerian student community in Ghana collectively injects about US$40m into this economy annually.

Let us look at the banks, In terms of employment generation, if you take the seven Nigerian commercial banks in Ghana today, assuming each of them have an average staff strength of 600 regular staff and many others in support capacity these banks collectively provide decent jobs to more than 5,000 Ghanaians with handsome salaries and emoluments. This is just one of many sectors of the economy where Nigerians are adding unparalleled value to their host nation’s economy.

If you go to Telecoms, Nigeria is ably represented by Glo mobile or you look at the manufacturing sector, we have the likes of Dangote Cement, Fine Print Industries, and Coscharis etc. There are multiple Insurance companies, ICT and Aviation and transport companies of Nigerian origin. If each of these companies employs 100 Ghanaians on average, their number of employees put together cannot be anything below 5,000 people. There is no country in Africa not even South Africa that has the kind of investment Nigerians have in Ghana.

We can also look at other areas of contribution from Nigeria to Ghana. Let me just remind our readers that as at May 2014, the seven Nigerian banks have a total assets base of Ghc17.1b out of Ghc42.3b assets of the banks in Ghana. This represents 17% of the industry and their shareholders funds stood at Ghc1.2b out of the industry Ghc6.1b almost 20% of the banking sector (source Bank of Ghana).

These banks collectively pays huge sum of money to Ghana Revenue authority as corporate taxes every year. This is aside from other taxes like PAYE, WHT, VAT on imported items because of their line of business (software application taxes) e.t.c. One of these banks provided funding to the University of Professional Studies to build some state of the art lecture theatres and halls of residence, which lead to the school being upgraded to a university status. The nice park near the Accra Sports Stadium which used to be in a sorry state at the centre of the town near Osu cemetery was single handedly funded and maintained by this same bank among numerous things Nigerian banks are doing as responsible corporate citizen of Ghana.

If you ask any Ghanaian banker who has worked or is still working with any of these Nigerians banks or other companies in Ghana, I am sure they will tell you the value addition they have gained in terms of quality improvement in their knowledge base while working for these companies. The change in mentality, work ethics, the reward system they are enjoying and above all the empowerment and responsibility accounting they have come to learn over this period are unquantifiable additions to the system.

Nigerian’s External Reserve is about $39 billion as at March 2014. If there is good understanding and strong economic ties between the two countries, I don’t see why Nigerian government cannot give Ghana between US$1billion to US$2billion as a soft loan for a period of time for the country to come out of its economic predicaments instead of locking the country into those expensive Eurobond transactions that come with its own attendant challenges.

We are not exploring the ‘Big Brother Africa’ possibilities enough. We always want to turn to international lenders when you have a brother or a friend that can work out some arrangement for you without anybody knowing. They do that a lot in the banking system. They call it interbank transactions, whereby a bank suffering from temporary liquidity challenge takes some fund from other ‘friendly’ banks to meet its pressing obligations through the overnight market windows or arrangement without any of its customers knowing about it. Proverbs 18:24 says “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother’’ (NIV). This is more momentous when one is in time of dire straits.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2018
THE WAY FORWARD

I still don’t understand why it is convenient for a Ghana-man to feel more comfortable and pleasant with an Indian, Chinese or Lebanese than his own Nigerian brother or neighbor. Contrastingly, when they both live outside Africa in Europe or Americas they see themselves as brothers. Why? because (a Nigerian popular proverb says (when small snakes go out individually, they often meet their untimely death) the white man see any black African as either a Nigerian or a Ghanaian. Therefore, they know if they don’t hold themselves as one they will suffer greatly from their foreign host.

There is too much mistrust between the people and leadership of both countries. There is need for more collaboration between these two economies. Nigerians are naturally good at giving. It is a way of life in that country; they are always willing and ready to support any noble cause. You will recall how much money the Glo mobile owner Mike Adenuga spent in the past on promoting Ghanaian football in form of sponsorship. What did he get in return? It was abuse and some unpleasant name-calling.

On paper, the two countries can survive independently but in reality it is quite impossible for these two African nations to develop independently of each other. The economics theory of comparative advantage explains that clearly. Comparative advantage stipulates that countries should specialize in a certain class of products for export, but import the rest – even if the country holds an absolute advantage in all products.

I think the two countries should forget about their past challenges and differences, particularly those that were not pleasant. Incidentally, those bad memories happened under the military regimes. They did not look at the larger interest of their respective countries when they took those decisions then. They were only demonstrating raw power with little or no sensibility in it.

That is in the past, so many years have gone after those horrible days of massive economic challenges. The countries have enjoyed a good run of democratic governance for some time now. That should be a good platform for serious issues jointly affecting the individual countries to be tabled and long-lasting solutions that can improve living standards in these countries to the shame of their detractors, those enemies of progress.

I still think that so much investment of Nigerian origin can still be directed towards Ghana. There is excess capital or liquidity availability in that part of the world. Many rich Nigerians are looking for outlets to invest their cheap funds. Unfortunately, there is so much fear and mistrust among this class of people; they are still smarting from what happened to many Nigerian investments in the country many years back.

This is where I expect our politicians and policy advisers in Ghana to embark on road show to that country with strong assurances both in action and words to these strategic investors by rekindling their hope and interest in the country’s economy. The issue is no longer about providing a conducive business environment for investment, this is not in doubt. It is the elements of uncertainty, surprise or distrust about which they need some clarity and confidence- building about.

Instead of organizing investors’ forum across Europe and Asian countries with little or no success, we can direct such effort and resources to neighboring and friendly nations like Nigeria. In Forbes 2014 edition of dollars billionaires recently released, there are 4 Nigerians on that list of 29 African dollar billionaires.

Significantly, Aliko Dangote wealth in that release was put at US$25b. If we are able to cornered two or three of these multi-billionaires to invest in this economy, let’s assume additional US$2billion dollars investment entered into this economy from these sources, you can imagine the kind of economic turnaround that would immediately bring to the nation’s ailing economy immediately.

We should create avenue for these business moguls to look towards our direction. Ghana is touted to be a good investment destination; it should not be for some selected nationals or countries. On paper it is not so but actions speaks louder than words. It should not be a case that for Nigerians that “we like your money but we don’t like your face”.

We know that Ghanaians are passionate about their politics, government and their nationality. Nigerians on the other hands are very passionate about their family, businesses and economy. These are two contrasting viewpoints. We should look for ways to marry these two conflicting interests of the people and governments of both countries so that they can respect each other’s interest and at the same time leverage on each other’s areas of strong interest to promote economic development and emancipation of our people and the continent as a whole. It should not be a case of competing with each other but that of collaboration and complementing each other’s strength. The bible says in the book of Amos3:3 ‘Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?’ Let us take a cue from that biblical question and chat a new course for the two great nations because of posterity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:27am On Jun 13, 2018
Our manufacturing is just sophisticated. And you don't have any - outside Nestle & Unilver - whatever you have - is doggy chinese finished goods. It reason you only export one item - oil. We export so many finished manufactured goods. Please try compete with Benin -otherwise we are competing with Egypt & South Africa in East & Southern Africa.

Online shopping smiley - the total revenue Jumia make in Nigeria is how much grin. Trust me in E-COMMERCE we beat Nigerian 10-nil.

Please you guys need to be taken back to schools outside Nigeria and taught to critically analyse things.

Nowenuse:

So, do Kenyan business men lack ingenuity to the extent that all they do is reproduce American products?

This doesn't make any sense to me. Nigerians take pride in our own products which was started from the scratch by our own business men and not the reproduction of American businesses. That is thrash!

If I had not caught you and exposed you here now, you would have not brought out this long epistle to explain that all you guys do is reproduce American businesses.

Shame!

Mind you, Nigeria's middleclass and even many low income Nigerians have upgraded to online shopping and left you Kenyans stuck in the era of malls which began about a century ago.
You guys should join the train of the 21st century and make Jumia (the Nigerian owned no 1 online shop in Kenya and the entire Africa richer) grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) (1876) (1877) (1878) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.