Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6291435 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

keep fooling ur self, how many % of these slums dwellers can afford any Appartment been build by private developers?
you dont know how affordable housing works
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2018
Majority of people outside war zones move for economic reasons to better countries or where opportunities exists. That is given. Obviously for every kenyan that move to Uganda - two Ugandans move to Kenya - because Kenya is just better country than Uganda - the same with other countries. I'd expect if Nigeria was rich - we'd see many people trying to get to Lagos - but obviously not even Ghanian or Benin people want to be there.
68816419:

don't you think its because of same distance that exist between Nigeria and Ghana reasons y their are few Kenyans in Nigeria ?
so what would u say about, Indians,Lebanese, Chinese u also find in every poor countries in Africa including urs, don't you think their country is ahead of these country they operates,?
Don't you think dominant countries goes to worst countries as they see opportunities their, why do you think black Kenyans (Kikuyu, Luos..) goes to Somalia,? what would you have to say about Malays,Indonesians,Chinese who risks their lives just to cross to Australia?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
We would never built a gas plant if we relied on them. Maybe we talk to Mozambique and have it shipped here. Tanzania would love nothing but to sabotage kenya so we can be equally poor.
Tanzania is sabotaging itself just to be able to get a good deal and in the process sabotaging everyone that have placed plans on their resources

Shell and Equinor have confirmed their commitment to the $30bn Tanzania LNG project that will allow the African nation to export natural gas.

Both companies have planned to build a natural gas plant since 2014, but the project has been delayed by political uncertainty within Tanzania’s mining industry. The government reformed mining legislation, which came into effect on 3 March, giving them the power to renegotiate contracts, a move that has concerned investors.

However, the energy companies have said they are prepared to continue with the project.

Shell spokesperson Sally Donaldson told Bloomberg: “For now, the focus is on agreeing to the Host Government Agreement that is to set the legislative, regulatory and fiscal terms for the project.”

Donaldson added that before the investment decision can be completed, Shell will conduct a two-year, multi-million dollar engineering study, with the natural gas plant expected to take up to five years to construct. The project was originally due for completion by 2020.

NKC Africa Economics analyst Jacques Nel told the news agency: “The government’s hard-line approach to dealing with large foreign investors in the natural resources sector also puts a dampener on foreign investor sentiment, particularly when considering the magnitude and timelines of LNG investments.”

According to Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation acting managing director Kapuulya Musomba, the government is working to push forward with the project, and has invited bids for a financial advisor to begin negotiating the terms of the project. Equinor has already invested $2bn in exploration for the Tanzania LNG project.

Equinor executive vice-president for development and production Torgrim Reitan said: “We would like to see this project happen. What we need now is clarity on the commercial framework. When that is settled then it will allow us to move forward.”

The company holds a majority 65% working interest in Block 2 offshore Tanzania, while ExxonMobil holds the remaining 35% stake.

In June, Equinor (formerly Statoil) and ExxonMobil found an additional two to three trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the Piri-1 well, increasing total discovered reserves to around 20 trillion cubic feet.

Shell and Ophir Energy hold interests in Blocks 1 and 4 offshore Tanzania.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

well, even those I had visited Kibera , mathare and few other slums, my aim of going to kenya was not to visit slums, i was only there on contract bases.
the mathare I visited was worst that than Kibera, as you could see that the county government then was not building roads like what its obtained at Kibera.
the truth is ,kenya can never achieve this goal of eradicating slums in the year 2050, may be year 3000, the best they could do is to build proper infrastructure in these slums but another issues is that, these slums are expanding on daily based and new others are spring up as a result of high cost of leaving,
another major issue is that, most of the allocation are based on tribal sentiment. many people feel left behind and they will surely sabotage any efforts ( if at all their is any).
with these I don't see any improvement any time soon.
at least our govt is doing something social houses are being constructed everywhere you should also tell us how your govt is dealing with your slums like makoko which i believe is worse than kibera
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2018
Who says the apartment will be expensive - I am talking mass housing - rent in slums cost 10 dollars - you can get decent 1 room houses for 20-40 dollars - majority slum dwellers would be willing to part with extra 10 dollars for such comfort and dignity.
68816419:

keep fooling ur self, how many % of these slums dwellers can afford any Appartment been build by private developers?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2018
NairobiWalker:

I never knew Buru Buru and Mihango are slums.......especially from the POV of someone from a country whose second and third largest cities are Kano and Ibadan.

well even in worst slums u still find 0.1% nice place ...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
No one can ran a global operation off Lagos. Stop dreaming. Jumia was long sold - and it's HQ is Dubai & Paris.
Where is your evidence? Desist from advertising how daft Kenyans are.
Truly, you Kibera slum dwellers have foolishness in your DNA like your ogogolo drinking useless president, that explains why you are wretched and poor and would watch a foreigner come and tap your resources than be creative. Kenyans are the modern day slaves of the world. Very soon The Chinese Peoples Republic will be legislating for Kenyans while you foolish and starved creatures comply.
Daft set of creatures!
I spit on that poor country and slum.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2018
Their current president is doing an excellent job shooting the country in both feets. Investors are fleeing. Economy is in doldrums. Donors are leaving. And you cannot question the gov or it's stats. It going full dictatorship mode. It akin to Nkurumah regime - good intentions are not enough.
Just30:
Tanzania is sabotaging itself just to be able to get a good deal and in the process sabotaging everyone that have placed plans on their resources

Shell and Equinor have confirmed their commitment to the $30bn Tanzania LNG project that will allow the African nation to export natural gas.

Both companies have planned to build a natural gas plant since 2014, but the project has been delayed by political uncertainty within Tanzania’s mining industry. The government reformed mining legislation, which came into effect on 3 March, giving them the power to renegotiate contracts, a move that has concerned investors.

However, the energy companies have said they are prepared to continue with the project.

Shell spokesperson Sally Donaldson told Bloomberg: “For now, the focus is on agreeing to the Host Government Agreement that is to set the legislative, regulatory and fiscal terms for the project.”

Donaldson added that before the investment decision can be completed, Shell will conduct a two-year, multi-million dollar engineering study, with the natural gas plant expected to take up to five years to construct. The project was originally due for completion by 2020.

NKC Africa Economics analyst Jacques Nel told the news agency: “The government’s hard-line approach to dealing with large foreign investors in the natural resources sector also puts a dampener on foreign investor sentiment, particularly when considering the magnitude and timelines of LNG investments.”

According to Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation acting managing director Kapuulya Musomba, the government is working to push forward with the project, and has invited bids for a financial advisor to begin negotiating the terms of the project. Equinor has already invested $2bn in exploration for the Tanzania LNG project.

Equinor executive vice-president for development and production Torgrim Reitan said: “We would like to see this project happen. What we need now is clarity on the commercial framework. When that is settled then it will allow us to move forward.”

The company holds a majority 65% working interest in Block 2 offshore Tanzania, while ExxonMobil holds the remaining 35% stake.

In June, Equinor (formerly Statoil) and ExxonMobil found an additional two to three trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the Piri-1 well, increasing total discovered reserves to around 20 trillion cubic feet.

Shell and Ophir Energy hold interests in Blocks 1 and 4 offshore Tanzania.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2018
How can you ran a global operation on generators. Not possible. Jumia is ran from Dubai & Paris - and is owned by German company.
4kDdullard:
Where is your evidence? Desist from advertising how daft Kenyans are.
Truly, you Kibera slum dwellers have foolishness in your DNA like your ogogolo drinking useless president, that explains why you are wretched and poor and would watch a foreigner come and tap your resources than be creative. Kenyans are the modern day slaves of the world. Very soon The Chinese Peoples Republic will be legislating for Kenyans while you foolish and starved creatures comply.
Daft set of creatures!
I spit on that poor country and slum.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
How can you ran a global operation on generators. Not possible. Jumia is ran from Dubai & Paris - and is owned by German company.
Provide the evidence otherwise shut your stinky diarrhetic mouth.How can you be as daft as this u this foolish starving Kibera slum dweller!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Their current president is doing an excellent job shooting the country in both feets. Investors are fleeing. Economy is in doldrums. Donors are leaving. And you cannot question the gov or it's stats. It going full dictatorship mode. It akin to Nkurumah regime - good intentions are not enough.
you can only do those kinds of negotiations if you have the funds to build the infrastructure yourself
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Majority of people outside war zones move for economic reasons to better countries or where opportunities exists. That is given. Obviously for every kenyan that move to Uganda - two Ugandans move to Kenya - because Kenya is just better country than Uganda - the same with other countries. I'd expect if Nigeria was rich - we'd see many people trying to get to Lagos - but obviously not even Ghanian or Benin people want to be there.
Do you even know that half of northern Nigeria is made up of people from chad,Niger ,Cameroon and that 90% of people that resides on makoko floating slums are from Benin republic and Togo,do you know that their more Lebanese, Indians, Chinese and other foreigners in Nigeria than their countries?, do you even know that their are more African residency from western,central and northern western than the way round in kenya.
you don't notice this cause ,Nigeria accept all Africans and no body would stop and ask you to show any forms identification unlike what its obtained in kenya, I once met few guys from Sudan and Gabon they were so surprised how I came to differentiate them, they said no body as ever knew this and even asked them where they were from , and this is to tell you how "PAN African" diverse we are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

Do you even know that half of northern Nigeria is made up of people from chad,Niger ,Cameroon and that 90% of people that resides on makoko floating slums are from Benin republic and Togo,do you know that their more Lebanese, Indians, Chinese and other foreigners in Nigeria than their countries?, do you even know that their are more African residency from western,central and northern western than the way round in kenya.
you don't notice this cause ,Nigeria accept all Africans and no body would stop and ask you to show any forms identification unlike what its obtained in kenya, I once met few guys from Sudan and Gabon they were so surprised how I came to differentiate them, they said no body as ever knew this and even asked them where they were from , and this is to tell you how "PAN African" diverse we are.
Daft starving Kenyans know nothing
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2018
4kDdullard:
Provide the evidence otherwise shut your stinky diarrhetic mouth.How can you be as daft as this u this foolish starving Kibera slum dweller!
Do you know who Millicom is ?
do you know who Rocket internet is ?

Millicom is a Dubai telecommunication company
they are the owners of Tigo Ghana

i think they are now owned by a company in Luxembourg
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2018
4kDdullard:
The hatred is deeeeeeep man, even after providing all evidences to support our claims they still dispute it and want us to accept theirs.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2018
Evidence of generating sets running a global operation cannot be found. You also cannot ran global operations with lowly educated imbeciles like you. Evidence of Jumia being ran from Dubai not Lagos are google search away.
4kDdullard:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2018
https://group.jumia.com/careers-in/other-locations/
68816419:

The hatred is deeeeeeep man, even after providing all evidences to support our claims they still dispute it and want us to accept theirs.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

well even in worst slums u still find 0.1% nice place ...
buruburu is not a slum just Google buruburu and you will see the results
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2018
Just30:
Do you know who Millicom is ?
do you know who Rocket internet is ?

Millicom is a Dubai telecommunication company
they are the owners of Tigo Ghana

i think they are now owned by a company in Luxembourg
Stop beating around the bush and provide a reasonable prove that Jumia does not have her headquarters in Nigeria.
You are still exposing your daftness. Perhaps, you are suffering from a disability of comprehension or hunger.
Pele o.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

Kenyans are foolish like their daft president
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2018
tlann:
at least our govt is doing something social houses are being constructed everywhere you should also tell us how your govt is dealing with your slums like makoko which i believe is worse than kibera
what your government is doing is what we called 1 step forward 3 steps backwards.
just read 30000 Kibera were rendered homeless of recent as a result of road construction, has the government provided any compensation, No!, have they been relocated to the so called new housing,No!, would they go back to mathare or other slums or even form new slums ,Yes!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2018
Jay254:

This is very old news.. I gave you cradible first hand info..

Just believe on what you want. Jumia Hq is in Nigeria hope that makes you happy dispite the fact that it's not true.

Where is the location Mr Man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I went to Jumia website and I see the jobs that carry title head of Africa or global - are all in Dubai or Paris.

Screenshot and post here. May you generation never know joy if you don't produce that screenshot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Evidence of generating sets running a global operation cannot be found. You also cannot ran global operations with lowly educated imbeciles like you. Evidence of Jumia being ran from Dubai not Lagos are google search away.
Please I can't understand the trash you just typed, check your syntaxes and write something meaningful.
Illiteracy coupled with hunger should be made a crime against humanity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2018
Gov building the roads to facilitate trade and movement is what will eventually lift them out poverty. If you compensate for gov land they grabbed or relocate them - you aint helping them either.
68816419:

what your government is doing is what we called 1 step forward 3 steps backwards.
just read 30000 Kibera were rendered homeless of recent as a result of road construction, has the government provided any compensation, No!, have they been relocated to the so called new housing,No!, would they go back to mathare or other slums or even form new slums ,Yes!.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
No one can ran a global operation off Lagos. Stop dreaming. Jumia was long sold - and it's HQ is Dubai & Paris.

Olodo rabata, what is their Dubai address

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2018
4kDdullard:
Stop beating around the bush and provide a reasonable prove that Jumia does not have her headquarters in Nigeria.
You are still exposing your daftness. Perhaps, you are suffering from a disability of comprehension or hunger.
Pele o.....
you will do yourself good by looking for millicom and rocket internet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2018
Jumia started in Lagos - was sold out to German internet giant (Rocket) - who now ran the operations from Dubai & France. Is that good enough for you. You cannot ran a serious business where "light" - nigeriaspeak for electricity is unstable, running water in taps a miracle and where outside the few diaspora educated Nigerians(who started Jumia) - you got morons like you.
4kDdullard:
Please I can't understand the trash you just typed, check your syntaxes and write something meaningful.
Illiteracy coupled with hunger should be made a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Not everyone is liar like you're accosted to in Nigeria. Go back and read again what I wrote. this time slowly. I told Safaricom annual revenues 2017 was 2.2B. I also told you the 1st HALF OF 2018 Safaricom already had 7% increase in revenue and extrapolated/predicted that this year it will end at 2.5B dollars.

I also did the same for MTN - your dominant player - and concluded the sector annual revenue for telcoms will roughly be 4B dollars in Kenya - against Nigeria 8.5B.

And profitability wise - I am betting kenya telcom sector is most likely more profitable.

Lying master. Safaricom revenue was Ksh212.9b in 2017 which is just 2b dollars. And it was 71% of the total revenue of all the telecom companies in Kenya.

How can Kenya's telecom industry make 4b dollars after fact proved Safaricom dominated the industry with 71%? Bloody liar. grin

Calculate the remaining 29% of telecom revenue in Kenya with of Safaricom 2b dollars, then add what you get with the $2b.

2b÷100×29= 580m. 2b+5m= $2.5b. grin

The total revenue of telecom industry in 2017 was $2.5b dollars.

Where did you get $4b dollars from in 2017? You wan steal am? grin

Dude, Kenya's telecom industry is competing with MTN Nigeria that only accounts for 36% of the total revenue of Nigeria's telecom industry. Bhuhahahaha.

MTN accounts only for 36% of the total revenue of telecom industry in Nigeria and they earned #870b naira revenue in 2017 which is approximately $2.4 billion dollars.

The remaining 74% will give you what? grin 5 times the revenue of telecom industry in the whole of Kenya. Bhuhahahaha. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Olodo rabata, what is their Dubai address
You are giving someone a herculean task bro.
They are as daft as their ogogolo drinking president, the evidence of the bad effect of Chang'aa consumption is what the imbecilic starving kibera illiterate is displaying. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I went to Jumia website and I see the jobs that carry title head of Africa or global - are all in Dubai or Paris.

If you don't produce that screenshot, your children will die untimely one after the other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2018
kikuyu1:

I'm assuming you don't know the difference between revenue and profit.

Make sense of this if you can!

https://businesstoday.co.ke/safaricom-2018-profit-hits-sh55billion/

I know. It was just a mixup. I have corrected it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.